(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"Alright, it's a date. Meet me in Port Royal. We can go bar hopping!" He said, with a soft cheer, ending the call. It had only been about a week, but Belal had not expected such eager responses to his flyer. Monte, his partner, had not only criticized its aesthetic appeal, but denounced the poster's lack of information. If only he saw how many people had reached out! It was a bit concerning how easily these strangers acquired his number, but he'd deal with that later. There were more pressing matters to attend to.

"Ugh. What to wear?" He complained, ripping apart his closet. He had used his favorite outfits on two previous encounters, which had turned out to be total busts. While resourceful, the inquiries had no room to grow. At least, not to Belal's standards. Discontent with their performance, and discontent with his limited attire, he snuck over to Monte's room. While this was not his first time here, he was always taken aback by how plain and uninteresting Monte was as a person. You could call him a pack rat, had he not been so methodical with the placement of his trinkets and dohickeys. And had he been more venturous, Belal might have found himself examining one of Monte's toys.

Instead, he made his way to Monte's closet. Even his clothes were organized, which was entirely unlike Belal. The heartless had a bad habit of just throwing everything in his closet all willy nilly. But Monte's organization briefly made him reconsider his lifestyle. Then again, he could always have Monte clean out his closet as 'a means of advancing his personal growth.' Yeah, that sounds nice. He'd buy it.

Picking out one of the indistinguishable suits, he tried it on. Unfortunately, due to the height difference, the suit fit loosely, but with a little razzle-dazzle and a magical pick-me-up, it contorted to his shape. There's nothing quite like coasting through life with magic. Before, leaving their headquarters, he sent Monte a text reading.

Borrowed a suit for a meeting. I owe ya. xx

Moments later, he arrived in Port Royal, through means of interdimensional whosit-whatsits and black magic, he stumbled onto their agreed upon location. As he entered the bar, the familiar musk of unwashed pirates rushed over him. The crowd was filled with rotten teeth and bar spit, but fortunately there was a distinct lack of tension. But you know pirates, eager to sing and eager to swing.

As he took a seat at the bar, he courteously asked any who approached the stool beside him to move elsewhere, as he was saving it for a friend. And oddly enough, even those you wouldn't expect, seemed to comply. In the meantime, he'd chat it up with the bartender. Maybe he could get a free drink or two.

471 words
471 words

Back to top Go down

Nora.
It was a strange poster to be found by the nobody after a kill in a dark alleyway. It was a bit dirty and wet from the ground but none the less she picked it up and took down the number, the description fitted her well so why not? If anything it would give the girl something to do if they gave her a task and why not do something you're good at? She'd meet with someone in a bar in Port Royal.

Nora entered the bar, her usual attire of a black dress, black boots, full length gloves and her two swords sheathed behind her back could have painted the picture of a bounty hunter to the pirates or at least an outsider. However they didn't notice the nobody whom would essentially stick out like a sore thumb, engulfed in their rum infused activities Nora could walk right on in without being bothered. Upon looking around the room another person would stick out, firstly they were pretty clean and secondly, they had dressed well. That must be him. She thought to herself before approaching.

Addressing new people wasn't Nora's forte. In fact at times she'd give people a fright due to them not noticing her til she was right in front of her, a feature of her skillset she did not mind, it just made the experience a little less enjoyable for the other party. None the less she walked up to the stranger, her steel blue eyes staring into his. "Hello. I'm Nora."

255 words

Last edited by Nora. on February 8th 2017, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Hmph. Rejected. The bartender wasn't the type of soul you could warm with words. There goes the free drinks, he thought to himself, turning around in the stool. The room was still filled with song and you could tell who was leading the party. There was this one, charismatic ne'er-do-well with a ginger beard lifting the spirits of his men. The energy seemed to resonate with the room, the walls dancing along to the rhythm of their heartbeats.  

Suddenly, she appeared.

"Jesus," He said, his heart stopping. Had he not been an immortal creature of darkness, this would have been it. He would have died from a beautiful woman popping into existence. What a shame it would have been, after all, she hadn't even had the luxury of kissing the heartless. Can you imagine the tragedy of having been born in front of such a handsome, divine specimen, only for them to have died? If anything, the stars aligned, intertwining their fates at this bar. Was this it? Love?

No, it was Nora.

"Nora, my pleasure," He began, offering the seat beside him, with a welcoming smile. As he took a good, long look at her figure, he was only distracted by her weaponry. She had nothing to hide. And her imposing nature might have been enough to deter the pirates, as he was sure they would have harassed her otherwise. Belal wholeheartedly related, having been victim to such brash action an innumerable amount of times.

"I'm sure you're dying to know who made that bitchin' poster," He said, "But we have business to discuss." He continued, not giving her a moment to interrupt. She'd have her time.

"Black Bishop is a group that does what others cannot. If they need us to kill a man. Done. A hundred? Even better. Protect a noble? Great. Kidnap a little girl? Depends on whether or not she has tentacle-hair, but that's a different matter entirely." He said, gauging her reactions. Was she a person with a strong moral compass? Or was she only in it for the murder? There wasn't much room left for stingy members, regardless of spectrum. With Belal, they had already met their quota.

"I guess, with all that mind, what do you want from the guild? From life?" He finished, hoping for some insight into her character. For all intents and purposes, this was an interview. So far, she had done splendidly. He hoped she could be next step in moving the guild forward.

416 words
887 words

Back to top Go down

Nora.
The nobody took a seat before her new acquaintance, silent with her words and emotions as she'd listen to him. He mentioned how she'd get to meet who made that awesome poster with which Nora thought the red font was particularly attractive, however there was other matters to attend to first. Belal would explain what the group was about, Nora gathered that they were essentially mercenaries with no qualms on doing dirty work. None of this really surprised the nobody and it wasn't jobs she'd ever be opposed to doing and it would show through her same, cold, expressionless face as she'd listen to him.

He finished with a question which did come as a small surprise, with the work intended it was common with other groups that they would take just anyone willing to do it.  "I suppose, I'd like to have something to do." A second of silence would pass as she'd think of a way to elaborate. "I mean, I am already available to do those things you mentioned but getting people to find me isn't the easiest, nor is it great if solely my name is involved."

When it came to what she wanted from life as well as the guild, she hadn't much to answer other than just existing. The nobody was aware of what she was, a shell of a person, void of emotion so what was it that drove her? She'd come out with an honest answer. "From life? To be honest, merely existing is fine for me as someone who isn't meant to be here. Are there any other motives for Black Bishop aside from doing what others cannot?"
+255

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
A person who was not meant to exist, but did? Belal had been far too invested in her legs to notice her missing heart. He'd have to be wary of this habit, had he paid a bit more attention, he would have noticed her lack of facial expressions, but he didn't need his eyes to listen. And her words were more than enough. Briefly returning her gaze, he gave her a soft, innocent smile. He really did like her. She reminded him of Monte.

"Other motives?" He repeated, his eyes moving to the ceiling, as he tapped his chin with his index finger. He knew of his personal goals, and had made the guild to help make Monte the person he knew he could become. Actually, as he put more thought into it, Nora's primary appeal was how similar they were. Beyond their inclination to exist when they should not, he saw an immeasurable potential in the people they could be -- not who they once were.

"Well, Nora," He finally began, after the slight delay, reestablishing eye contact. "We may be morally ambiguous, but I want to establish real, meaningful relationships. The guild was partially made so I could help the cofounder grow and reach his potential. And I would like to do the same for you. You don't have to oblige, but give us a shot, why don'tcha?" He finished, clapping his hands together, officially inviting her into the guild.

242 words
1129 words

Back to top Go down

Nora.
The nobody heard those words meaningful relationships, the appeal to Black Bishop.. and Belal had dropped for a moment. His pitch was over, inviting Nora to the guild to which she'd have to pause a moment and think about it.

She was clearly open to doing missions that the guild would ask of her and saw the opportunity of reaching potential growth as a soaring one however she wasn't sure how to feel about building relationships. Being without feelings made her think such a task would be difficult, would she enjoy being around other people? Would she trust another person? Paranoia and skepticism seemed to always be a barrier to going forward, this was something she'd have to let go of. If she did and the guild and its members turned out to be well, she'd have something to fall back on right? Finally after a dragged out moment of silence the nobody would make the decision to join Black Bishop.

"Sure, I'll give it a go." She'd reply in a typical nobody's emotionless and unexcited tone. Nora would join the guild, skeptical and paranoid as ever it would take her awhile to trust any other members.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
In the midst of eternal silence, Belal felt the phone in his pocket vibrate. He had been composing himself well, but with the burden of curiosity came an insatiable urge to check his messages. Based on his limited interactions, he would not have expected such excessive thought from her. Then again, this could be a life changing event, so. If she could. just. hurry. up.

Sure, I'll give it a go.

Success! That's one on the scoreboard. As she replied, he immediately took out his phone and read the following message:

Rental is 1000. Completed a job earlier this week. We have enough to fund the construction of HQ. Rendezvous on my position when available.

Looking up at her with a large, excited grin he said, "Well, it looks like you're about to meet Monte."

"Don't worry. Just act natural. And you'll do great." He continued, texting while keeping a majority of his focus on her. He only took a moment to glance at his text, before sending it.

Put it on my tab. On my way, with a friend. c;

Closing his phone, and putting it in his pocket, he opened a portal of darkness. Before she could object, he grabbed her by the hand to drag her along. "As long as you're with me, you'll be safe. Okay?" He winked, as they left Port Royal.

227 words.
1356 words.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top