Xalwin
October 9th 2017, 2:08 am
AlwinNutt

Rasul
October 9th 2017, 2:08 am
DarkGodRasul

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Faye
OOC: Faye's continuation of this topic!

It hurts... it hurts too much...

In a small alley at the back of a building that appeared abandoned, a small something lied on the ground. From a distance it'd look nothing more than something, a something that was in part pink and in part red.

However, if someone got close, they'd be able to see what it really was: a short girl lying on the ground, with her body covered in blood. The wound in her chest went straight through her heart, a horrible wound that would have killed a normal human being in mere seconds. It was a miracle that she could still breathe, considering the state of her body.

Sadly, a miracle can sometimes make things worse: not only she was alive and breathing, but also conscious. Her brain, for some reason, wasn't blocking the signals sent every moment by her nerves, transmitting the horrible pain of her wound to her whole being. She couldn't fall asleep and she couldn't even close her eyes: the best she could do was to clench his teeth and wait for everything to pass. She knew her body better than anyone, so she also knew that the wound would heal if she waited for long enough.

But "long enough" is too much... Please... I just want it to end...

Please...

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
The woman wasn't looking for trouble, though more than once in her life trouble had come looking for her. Still, she wasn't *looking* for it.

But damn, when she found it...

She was walking through Radiant Garden, just looking at the city that she'd never had a chance to see when she'd arrived here so many centuries before, as her life went. She heard the thump of a body falling and she immediately dropped into a defensive crouch, expecting the attack that didn't come.

She made her way to where the sound came from and found... Ah Elar, what she found made her sick at heart.

She ran up to the child, magic flaring in her hands as she struggled to pull off the gloves she habitually wore, speaking into a communicator tucked into her collar. "Kei-kun, a child... damnit... she's... I need you, Kei-kun."

The gloves off, she pulled the little girl, heedless of the blood, into her arms, placing her hands directly over the gaping hole in her chest. "Ah Elar, little one... how are you still alive?" Magic flowed from her into the child, sealing the wound, mending the damage.

Tears fell from her golden eyes as she looked at the girl's face, trying to see if she was fast enough.

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Faye
Though her eyes were wide open, she couldn't see anything around her: not her surroundings, not the sky and not even the siluhette of the person that had come to her aid. Everything had been closed off by the tremendous pain coursing through her body, a suffering that seemed to be eternal, as it only hurt more with each passing second.

...but gradually, though at a very slow pace, she began to feel better. The wound didn't hurt as much as before, she became capable of breathing a bit more easily and her senses returned, albeit only slightly.

Her eyes looked up, at the face of the person by her side.

A woman. A beautiful woman. Faye didn't know how, but she appeared to be healing the little witch. The child was someone who couldn't trust someone with ease, much more when this "someone" was selflessly offering help.

But at that moment, she didn't care. She just wished to erase that pain... and if trusting a stranger was the way to do it, then she had no other choice.

She still couldn't fall unconscious. The pain was still too strong. However, she did manage to show Lynette an expression of relief.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
She smiled. At least she was able to help. "It's going to be okay, sweetling. It's going to be okay." She continued her healing, her magic finding all the injuries and easing them away.

She was startled to find the evidence of old surgeries, the way the child's body was a... a patchwork of parts all put together. It was almost like... like they were trying to build a person with the child.

It was basic, but it was the foundation of the same magitechnology that made her people.

She wasn't going to stop healing her until she was fully restored.

There were boots on the ground near her and Goldeneyes didn't have to look up to know who it was. "Kei-kun... she's... she's just a child..."

Kenshin knelt next to her, kissing the side of her forehead gently. "Let's get her to some place safer. These cities... they aren't always secure at night. Even if this is Radiant Garden itself."

She nodded, lifting the child in her arms, her magic still weaving through the girl, seeking out the injuries to heal them.

The two moved her onto their ship, into the large cabin where the family lived. There was warm light and voices raised in concern as Goldeneyes walked quickly over to the nest-like bed to settle the little girl down and better complete the healing on her.

"It's okay. You're safe now."

At her knees, Annie barked and whined. She wanted to know what her momma was doing, and who this new person was.

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Faye
Next thing she knew was that her body rested on top of a nest-like bed. Why? How had she gotten there? She had no memories of ever crawling to such a place... and much less of a ceiling being above her head.

Not only that... but she couldn't feel the pain anymore. At least not that excruciating pain from before. There was still a small trace of it, enough to bother her whenever she tried to breathe... but it wasn't the pain that made her want to pass out as soon as she could. She was better... she could finally rest.

I probably passed out for a moment there... then, did someone carry me here?

Faye tried to look around the room with a lost pair of eyes. She still couldn't see very well... but she recognized people, faces, all of them looking at her with curiosity.

She was too weak to properly respond to them... but she still felt like hiding somewhere or getting away from there as soon as she could.

W-where... w-who... who are you... where am I...?

She was confused, too confused to actually remember the situation that had brought her to that place. All she could remember was the blood still covering her skin and clothes... and the pain. A pain that she really wanted to forget.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Goldeneyes smiled at the girl as she slowly began to rouse and notice her surroundings. "It's okay, little one, caila... no one here's going to hurt you. You're on my ship, the one my family uses to travel from world to world. I brought you here because you were very hurt and I didn't want anyone to hurt you worse."

She chuckled softly. "I realize that these worlds call children to arms... but I'm not one who likes to see it happen. What happened to you, fledgeling? Who would have done that to a child like you?"

Back to top Go down

Faye
Still a little light headed and confused, Faye looked at the woman and thought about her question. It was difficult, but the little witch did her best to remembers that had brought her to be in such a horrible state...

And in a single moment, everything came back to her: The World That Never Was, meeting with Sin, that castle, Onyx, Death, her discussion with Sin, and how she tried to kill Faye in order to "save" her. Not only memories came back, but also the feelings that had crossed through her heart at the time: in other words, the sadness, the anger... and the fear; the fear of facing the end of her life.

N-no...

As she looked around, she could only see adults she couldn't trust. Would they hurt her as well? Would they try to save her as well? Would she have to live through that pain again?

No!

Faye jumped back, out of the nest, and her little hands crawled through the floor of the ship, trying to protect herself in the first corner she could find. She was confused and scared; no one could blame her for acting like that.

Stay away! Stay away from me! P-please, just stay away!

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Goldeneneyes almost sobbed in sorrow for the poor girl. "It's okay, sweetling... I'm not going to hurt you." She held her hands out, weaponless, unthreatening.

The child's scramble in fear caused surprise around her, but no one moved to threaten her. Not directly, at least. Dewberry, with her hair that looked a purple-berry color and her Fey features, started towards her on the other side, but Goldeneyes waved her back and the Fey woman nodded silently, backing away obediently enough.

"Jana, Dewberry, Rina... best keep back. The child's been... been hurt. Probably not in the same way that I was, but more than she needs to be."

Jana, the one with the red-brown curls, nodded in understanding, her eyes immediately filling with tears that she held back. "I remember what you were like as a little."

"Exactly." Goldeneyes just held her hands out to the girl. "I'm not going to hurt you, sweetling. I promise. I know what it's like to be hurt by people so much larger than yourself, hurt in ways that haunt you, no matter what you do." Her golden eyes filled with tears as she simply reached out to the girl.

"Please, let me help you. Tell me what happened to you. It's not your fault. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm not going to do that, not when I know what it's like myself. Baby girl, I'm a mother. I would never hurt you."

For her part, Annie wagged her tail curiously, looking back and forth from the little girl to her momma, wondering if this was a new game of sorts. She started forward, towards the child, sniffing curiously.

"Annie, sweetie, come back here." Goldeneyes sighed and tried to call the dog away, in case she caused more panic. Without knowing the cause of the girl's trauma... she didn't want to accidentally trigger anything.

Back to top Go down

Faye
But the girl had yet to recover from the shock of the wound. No matter how much she wished to, Faye couldn't trust the woman's words. They could hurt her again... they could make a wreck out of her life again... they could even be in liege with Onyx, the man that had caused the death of all of her family.

Yes, just like Sin. Faye had come to trust her, but it had all been for nothing.

At that time, when the little witch asked to be saved, she wasn't testing Sin's resolve... but rather the bond between them. After what they talked about, Sin would know that Faye's only wish was to keep on living, and Faye trusted that Sin would not attempt to take her life, even if she asked for it.

Yes, she didn't want her to change how she thought or to abandon her "family". Faye had simply held onto the hope that Sin wouldn't "save" her.

But the result was much different than what she desired. That probably hurt more than every other wound.

Yet Faye couldn't bring herself to blame Sin... but she was sad, extremely sad, and knowing full well that she couldn't do anything to change what had happened made her despair.

As she thought about all of this, the witch's eyes drifted to the little dog nearby. Suddenly seeing such a cute and pure creature had a positive effect on her: she felt a bit calm and now her eyes didn't see everyone as a threat.

Apocalypse...
Faye answered the woman's question with that one word as she extended her hand to pet the dog. She didn't want to blame Sin... so she blamed the group instead. That horrible and hateful group of self-proclaimed saviors that had implanted such a twisted phylosophy in her mind.

Yes, Sin wasn't to blame for what happened... but Apocalypse. Onyx. Onyx was to blame for everything.

I hate them... She'd mutter to herself. They should all just fucking die...

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
The word caused Goldeneyes to fall immediately still. "Apocalypse?" She barely whispered the word but then shuddered in reaction. "Apocalypse did this to you?"

The tears fell down her face that she'd been trying to hold back. "Ah Elar... I truly have no choice anymore, do I?"

The green-haired man, the only male in the room, took a step forward. "Maracae?"

She nodded to him. "Yes. We're going to have to go to France, whether I like it or not. Onyx... is every bit as awful as Nii-sama was... but we aren't going to be able to face him ourselves... not like we did with the Wind Demon."

"Alright. I'll set the course." He backed away and left the room to set the ship in motion towards their destination.

With a sigh, Goldeneyes let her hands fall into her lap. "Baby girl... I wish that something I said would help you... I still hope that I can help. But with a group like Apocalypse... I've met people like that before. Fighting them... it's not going to be clean. It's not going to be easy. It never is. Hell, if not for a power I couldn't control I'd have died in Neverland all those years ago..."

She shook her head slightly, trying to clear it. "I can't even tell you that there's going to be any place to really hide when the fight starts. I would like to be the mother you deserve. I would like very much to offer you a home here, a place of refuge and safety, but I'm bound for the lion's den at the center of it all and I don't know that I'll be able to keep you safe."

She took a deep breath. "I would understand if you wanted us to set you down some place and let you walk away from all of it. You're still young... too young to have to fight, knowing that this might be your last battle. Knowing that you might not get the chance to stand afterwards and help rebuild the worlds.

"Men will die in this war. And it will be war. There's no help for it anymore."

Her head bowed in grief and pain. "Child, if you wish it, you have a home and a family with us. We would gladly take you in. But we are going to war with Apocalypse, and I would understand if you wished to stay away from that fight."

Back to top Go down

Faye
...France?

That particular word caught Faye's attention. France... she knew that place. Or rather, she knew of a person who lived in that place. It was the person that had told her that her life, despite being artificial, still had meaning, that she had a place in that world, that she only needed to search for what she wanted to do.

If only she could see that person again, then maybe the weight in her heart would be eased, or so Faye thought.

For around 20 minutes the little witch didn't say another world: she just sat there, hugging her legs, looking with attention at the people around her as she thought about what the woman had said.

I don't want to join your family... She'd finally said. I don't trust you... I don't even know who you are... but...

She'd lift her eyes up to the woman, looking much better than before.

I'd like to stick with you for a while... until we reach France. There's someone I want to see there...

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Goldeneyes nodded. "I understand. I offer because... well, because I'm a mother and a child in need is something I cannot ignore. I'm called Goldeneyes, but I have lots of different names. Jana calls me Faerie. Kenshin calls me Maracae. Rina calls me Mara. Once upon a time I was called Genevion and in these worlds... well, in these worlds, a long time ago for me, I was called Lynette Elise."

She smiled softly. "Trust must be earned. I am very familiar with that concept and I am willing to do what I must to earn your trust. Even if I cannot call you Daughter, I would like to be your friend, at the very least."

Back to top Go down

Faye
After a few seconds, Faye slowly nodded her head, still wary of the people around her.

We can be acquaintances, Miss Brighteyes... Faye wasn't ready to call anybody "friend". To begin with, she never had anyone in her past that she could call a friend. Back in Halloween Town, it was just her and her parents, and in Traverse Town, though she did have a good relationship with other kids, they never played together or so each other with enough frequency to say that they "hanged out" together.

Sin had probably been the closest thing she had to a friend. Just thinking about it hurted. The little witch wished to forget about it, at least for a moment.

I wonder if "he" counts as a friend... Faye briefly wonders about her relationship with the person she wants to meet in France.

Ouch... She touches her chest. The wound in her heart still hurted.

*Growl* And at the same time, her stomach started to make sounds.

... Her eyes looked around the room, seeing if there was anything to it. Unfortunately, she was too prideful to ask the other people for food.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Goldeneyes nodded, softly chuckling at the nickname. That would be a first, and firsts, in her life, were rare of late. "I shall accept what I can get, young one. What do you want me to call you?"

The sound of pain immediately caused her to hold her hands out, magic starting to glow at her fingertips. "Does it still hurt? I can try to help. I think I managed to get the worst of the wounds, but I don't know if I was able to get everything."

The rumbling, though, caused her to smile. Children were the same in any world, and that was something that all of them knew quite well.

Rina and Jana hopped to their feet and went quickly to the galley to get food for all of them. When the two returned they each were carrying a large platter of various items. Fruit, berries, sandwiches made with thick slices of roasted beef...

The platters were set down on a small table so that everyone could reach them equally. A pitcher of juice was set nearby with cups.

Goldeneyes nodded her gratitude. "Thank you, very much. That's very thoughtful." She smiled at the young girl. "You're welcome to join us. I know how much strain healing puts on the body, for both the healer and the healed. I would be very remiss if I didn't offer to help restore your strength."

Back to top Go down

Faye
Faye had a hard time trying to decide if to accept their food or not. On one hand, she really didn't want to owe them more than she already does and she still felt that she couldn't trust most of them. But on the other, it was free food, something she hadn't experienced in and more than that, it also looked delicious... not like the food she could she usually bought with the little money she managed to gather after her shows.

She looked at her bag. Though red with dry blood, it had fortuntally stayed closed through her ordeal, so most of her things were still there. She slowly took out her hand and pointed it at the biggest apple in the plate.

Come. The apple started to levitate in the air and it soon headed towards Faye's hands. She ate in silence, trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

...thanks... But she would still thank them for what they were doing for him.

More and more fruits would fly her way as Faye remained in the corner of the room, apparently feeling more comfortable in that place that anywhere else.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Goldeneyes smiled wide at the way the girl was able to levitate fruit to her hand. "That's a very useful talent, sweetling. Did you learn how to do that from a teacher or is it something you've just been able to do?"

With a finger she wove a small figure seemingly of blue-white flame and about 8 inches tall. The figure danced and twirled across the floor like a tiny fairy to the sound of Annie's curious growling.

The way the little dog tried to sound so big and dangerous caused the four women to chuckle and smile, even as Rina picked her up and started rubbing her belly.

The little figure reached the table and then exploded into tiny sparks and Goldeneyes chuckled softly. "Some abilities are simply fun to use, you know. They aren't intended for anything more than fun."

Back to top Go down

Faye
Faye was impressed, delighted and angry at the same time after seeing Miss Brighteyes' show. The woman was able to do something like that with so much ease... it frustrated the girl a bit, who had difficulties performing even basic spells, but she didn't let it show on her face.

Still, he was feeling a bit more secure with those people, enough to try to talk normally with them.

My parents t-taught me... She'd say, still sitting on the corner of the room. T-they were scientists, and they knew a lot... so they taught me a lot of spells. But I'm not good at them... I call myself a witch, but I c-can't use most of the spells I know...

If I had to describe it another way... She'd talk in a lower tone of voice, as if talking to herself. I know all the formulas but I don't know how to apply them... However, I'm still a witch. She'd make another apple fly her way, and she'd use another spell to make it three times bigger. I can't use many spells, but I can use them many, many times...

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Goldeneyes smiled at the girl, nodding at her explanation. "Practice is all you need, sweetheart. You'll master your magic in time, with practice. I've had a lot of years to learn how to use mine." She sighed softly. "You're already far beyond where I was when I first arrived in these worlds when I was much younger. I didn't even know that I had magic to use. I didn't even know the formulas, or even that there were formulas for me to learn."

She chuckled at her own ignorance. "At the time, I believed that the sum total of my contribution to these worlds was going to be baking cookies." She smiled. "I'm still rather proud of my cookies, to be honest."

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top