Xalwin
October 9th 2017, 2:08 am
AlwinNutt

Rasul
October 9th 2017, 2:08 am
DarkGodRasul

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mohon
It was mid-afternoon in Radiant Garden.

People took strolls around the beautifully decorated gardens and conglomerated inside the most popular stores. And though a sociable young man, Mohon didn't feel like being with people that day. His feet brought him to a deserted alley and after a few minutes he found an adequate box to sit on.

Mohon stayed there in silence for a second. Afterwards, he took out his swords and placed them on his lap: they were The Flash and Kintaro. His first weapon and his newest weapon. A rapier and a Jian. Mohon had recently experienced an intense battle against Death, one of the members of Apocalypse, and had been forced to use both weapons to their limits. It took him a few weeks to recover. Yes, human beings could, at the very least, recover. But...

...this isn't good. He took the first of the swords, The Flash, and inspected the blade: it was worn down and chipped in several parts. He had obviously overused the weapon and now he feared that even with his Steel Strengthening spell it could break at any minute.

Should I bring it to a blacksmith? But blacksmiths were dangerous on their own, as sometimes they found appropiate to make several changes to the sword they were going to repair. Mohon didn't want the sword to change... both because of his story with it and because it was forged by his father.

He was at a loss.

Just what should I do, my friend...?

Back to top Go down

Tatane
It was mid afternoon in Radiant Garden.

But Tatane had no idea what time even was for a bit. The previous incident regarding her first entrance into the world had caused some nasty side effects, one of which including a slight headache and the inability to properly remember what had happened. It was as if she had been dreaming the entire time. Every now and then her mind will flash and she'll see an event, as if everything was sped up, but then the little flashback would abruptly end. She remembered seeing a guy, though. A man with extremely interesting weapons. He felt important, like she'll have to see him again. Or something along those lines. The holes will fill themselves out later on, she thought to herself, that's how they always resolve themselves. At least, after any Demon's Night Parade.

Thoughts interrupted by a voice, however. Not the voice of a child, but of a sort of middle pitched, feminine sort of voice. A pained voice, the most dreadful one of all, as Tatane already recognized the source. It was from an item who is in poor condition, a perfect reflection of her own life, her own pain. She turned to see the blade, and the blade only. The swordsman was nothing to her, and she quickly pushed him away from the blade as she examined it slowly. What had happened to it? She could hear its spirit, it had fought. A terrible foe... Death... the blade and its master were both injured. But the master recuperates while the blade remains broken. Pitiful, really...

Tatane turned around, and addressed the swordsman. "You've got a lot of explaining to do." She took out a small stone, and began running it against the blade. Sparks began flying out, as she began repairing the chips, sharpening the damaged weapon as she continued to speak. "You are the master of a blade. Its purpose is to protect its master, but how can it do that if you allow it to remain so damaged?" She smiled lightly, holding up the sword into the light. "She is proud, to have saved you from... whatever you fought. But were you planning on letting your servant to rust?"

Back to top Go down

Mohon
Lost in thought, the cat-boy hadn't noticed the stranger's presence before she was already by his side. He was startled, mostly because he didn't expect anyone else to be there, and moved a step back while trying to get a hold of his swords. Only one of them was there... the other was in the woman's hands. It was hard for Mohon to ever get angry over things, but he showed a stern face when he saw his own sword, his partner, The Flash, being held by a complete stranger.

Hey, give that ba-! He was interrupted, however, by the stranger's voice. She said Mohon had a lot of explaining to do, grabbing a stone and then running it against the blade. Mohon feared she might have been trying to break it... but upon further inspection she was... sharpening it? Repairing it? Something strange to do when it involved another person's sword.

You can... understand the sword? Mohon asked after hearing Tatane's words. It was something crazy to assume, but knowing the world he lived in, Mohon couldn't say it was something impossible. Moreover, the woman was certainly strange... she felt strange. Mohon wasn't able to say exactly what was strange about her... but she didn't feel completely human. It was a feeling outside of logic, something his animal instincts were telling him to believe.

But yeah, I suppose I've been a bit negligent with "her"... Mohon answers, scratching the back of his head. I was here, thinking I should send it to a blacksmith... but I don't know how much I can trust they won't do anything to "her". This sword is my partner, after all. I'd hate to see something bad happen to it.

You seem to know what you're doing... do you think you can repair it?

Back to top Go down

Tatane
The gong nodded slightly, continuing her odd work with the blade. Sparks flew from the metal, and left behind an odd sheen on the blade. She stayed focus on her work, eyes close to the sword. It was interesting for her personally; she had never actually done this work before, but she just felt that if anyone was going to be able to repair the sword, it would be her.

"I'll address those questions one at a time, yes? Yes, I can hear your weapon. She has quite the history, too... Though..." Tatane frowned slightly before delving into her sharpening once more, pausing to lift the blade. There we go. Some chips were still visible, and the overall wear and tear didn't seem to be completely gone. But it was cleaned, sharpened, and refined well enough. It would be able to survive a few more battles, for just a bit longer. But he would have to consult a real professional for fixing the weapon blade itself. Tatane didn't have the steel or the furnace for such a task.

"Talk to a blacksmith. They can't speak to the sword's soul, but there's more to mastering a weapon, to forging and honing a weapon, than being able to hear what it says. It's fine enough as is, but you'll have to get it treated soon." She returned the blade to it, feeling the sword's spirit grow stronger now that she had been returned to Mohon. He was not a bad user, and this incident wasn't his fault.

"I'm Tatane Kyuunanrou, but I want to ask... Who was this 'Death' that you had strife against?"

Back to top Go down

Mohon
I suppose you're right.

Mohon still felt a little reluctant about leaving his rapier in the hands of someone else. He had gotten so attached to the blade that it was almost unthinkable for him to part with her for a period longer than just a few moments. The Flash was with him always. Even when he slept, he kept her close by. But as the woman said, it needed to be repaired by a professional. Feelings alone weren't able to heal a physical wound after all. He'd sigh at realizing this, and would thank Tatane with a nod of his head as she handed back the sword to him.

Death is part of the group called Apocalypse. He'd begin to explain. They are these people that go around destroying worlds, thinking that they are "saving" them from... something. I really don't understand their motives too well. All I can say is that I dislike their actions. Leaving everything in such a wasted state and killing so many innocents was unforgivable, even for a laidback person like Mohon.

...y'know, if you're interested in weapons, then maybe you'll find this interesting.

Mohon would take out his second sword from its scabbard and would show it to Tatane. This was a chinese sword, a Jian, forged in the Land of Dragons... but it had something special about it. It was that it had the soul of a human being inside. Kintaro was the name of that person, and the sword was his most beloved creation after decades and decades of forging swords. He had loved the sword so much and had so much hope for it, that he actually became part of the weapon.

Shinzo of Gales called it a soulsword, and it was a weapon that carried immense power inside. It had accepted Mohon as its master, and together they were in a quest to become "strong".

This is Kintaro. He'd show it to the girl with pride in his eyes. My other partner.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top