roleplay
Latest topics
What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
October 26th 2017, 10:55 am
DarkGodRasul

Land Of Twilight - A Legend Of Zelda Roleplay
October 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Josh Dragovalor

The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]
October 21st 2017, 1:37 pm

Steamhunter
October 20th 2017, 8:25 am

Dragonball Legacy
October 14th 2017, 5:54 pm

Staff
Updates
11.1.2017 - Kingdom Hearts RP is now closed. We'd like to thank everyone who invested time on the site for contributing to a wonderful experience which lasted for many years. All stories must eventually end, but while this may seem bittersweet, it can't be stressed enough what a pleasure it was to create and share them with you all. Goodbye everyone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terradagger
He opened the doors to the large, white building with the strange accents of teal and lighting that reminded him vaguely of Halloween Town, the candles doing much of the work. The amber threw his form into shadow, his fingers flexing. He had his Organization XIII cloak on, magic radiating from it. He loved the cover that it gave him, especially when travelling to worlds that seemed so enegmatic and strange.

He pushed them open slowly, smelling the strangeness of the world. There was magic here, nearly unidentifiable, but it seemed to be similar to that of nothingness. Still, there were few that gave the place such a pungent smell of magic, so full of body and furor.

It had nothing to do with magical capabilities or strength. Those whose lives, whose bodies were oriented about the magic, pushing and pulling with it, walking the fine line between the loss of self within the mana and the absorption into the ethereal, it was they that smelled as such. And though this world had been home to schemers and scientists, and most of all, magicians, it had been quite some time since he smelled something so strong.

He stepped in, his boot echoing against the white, the black of it accented by the monochromatic palette of the world, grayscale and hungry for color. He sniffed the air for a bit, looking for a door to peek behind, looking for a place where he could learn more of this magic. This desolate palace, this kingdom full of nothing but knowledge, was quite the place for him to learn and for him to study and grow.

He couldn't yet, though. He had to find it. He had to find that source of magic.

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
Just a hint of passion. A drop of envy. A healthy dose of desire, and...

Bang.

The echo resounded throughout the empty halls of the castle. Another failure, she imagined, there was nothing in the books about an explosion. A slight sigh escaped her lips as she leant over the concoction, whatever it was, and took a small spoonful of the stuff to her lips. The bright pink liquid slithered down her throat, and then... nothing. Nothing happened. A cry of frustration as she swept the cauldron off the bench and on to the floor, what was she doing wrong? All of the ingredients were right, it must've been something in the execution.

"Etzolix are you here?!" She yelled, as she stormed out of the room and into the hallway. She hadn't seen him in a while, but that was nothing unusual. Right now she just needed to vent her frustration, why was all of this so hard. She wasn't used to not being able to do things, and usually if she couldn't she would just move on, deem it not worth her time. But she knew this was worth it, and that's what made it so frustrating. She couldn't give up, wouldn't give up. She just needed some time, a healthy distraction to take her mind of the task at hand so she could return with a fresh mind. Yes, that's what she needed. A break.

That's when she felt it. She had been too preoccupied within herself before to notice, but now she did. Someone was here. It wasn't Etzolix, she didn't think, because he would've come when she called. Someone else, in her castle. She frowned, didn't people know better by now? Etzolix wasn't exactly the most hospitable ruler, and if they knew anything about her.... well, she wasn't exactly a people person.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." She called, somewhat menacingly as she stalked down the hallway, opening door after door as she went. The intruder, whoever they were, would've heard her by now with all the racket she'd been making, it was just a matter of time before they crossed paths...

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
Silence didn't last long. There was a bang that resounded throughout the castle, glancing off the walls, ricocheting until the sound made its way to Terra's ears. He was alarmed but not horrified. He thought better of drawing his keyblade as he heard some grunts and something hit the ground. There was a voice calling for Etzolix.

How familiar a name, the boy thought for a moment before he took steps towards the voice. He had the option of avoiding it, but his curiosity was piqued. He knew by then that the magic was closer, and that it was coming from whoever was shouting. He drew nearer and nearer and almost put a hand up to suggest that he was in peace, but thought better of it, in case he found someone he preferred other methods with.

The voice came again, sounding playful and dark, like a scherzo, dancing the night away to the calls of singing crows and flutes alike. He was nervous for a moment, opening a door that he had found after rounding a corner through a hallway.

He saw the woman there and bowed, though his Organization cloak hid it. Something seemed to pique his thoughts about this girl, probing at his mind, but he didn't remember, likely a result of his own magical studies. He drew the hood from his head to reveal the boyish look, his green eyes piercing through the distance.

"My apologies, I didn't know anybody was here," he admitted. It had been two years since he had walkd these halls, and then, he was answering to Zexion.

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
The witch's eyes narrowed as the stranger presented himself. There was something vaguely familiar about him, but whatever it was she couldn't recognise. He was as good as a stranger and she would treat him as such.

"Do you often enter people's homes without knowing who lives there?" She asked, slowing looking him up and down. She had an air of foreboding about her, something sinister - she exuded darkness from her very pores. A result of her recent studies, no doubt, she was involving herself with some very dark forces and it showed. Her skin was pale, as if she hadn't seen sunlight in years. She was human, that much was clear, but something was off. The way the magic had changed her, twisted her very essence was palpable, and merely added to her overall commanding presence.

"Do you have a name, intruder?" She emphasised the last word, as if to say, you don't belong here. She walked closer to him then, staring him straight in the eye the entire time.

"And perhaps a reason why you're here in my lovely home?" Her voice was calm, but dripping with venom. She was cold, calculated. She didn't want to fight this stranger, her obsessive devotion to the dark arts had left her tired and weak, but regardless she wanted the upper hand. She liked to take charge, and if she had learned anything in this universe it was that if you acted tough, people were liable to believe you.

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
"My apologies," the man said with eloquence, but force none the less. He watched her as she walked closer to her. Normally he would have reacted with defense much higher than that of what he showed, simply considered hot-headedness.

His face was creased, not with the lines of age, but with intensity as he felt the magic coming towards him. It was a weird reaction, a weird hunger he'd had lately. When there was such great magic, regardless of element, he felt thirsty for it. It was dangerous, and he knew it, he knew its results.

The man personally thought of no elements as dangerous or weak, or any elements as pertinent, or subservient to others. He simply saw them as elements of magic, points of study, the very basic thing manipulated to make magic what it was.

He saw the darkness in this woman, though. She had sacrificed some of hew humanity for her studies, and it was somewhat clear on, pallid and weak.

"I've slept for years," the man admitted, looking at the woman. He could sense it, she could sense it, there was no sense in hiding why. "I've been studying magic, and in the worlds of dreams, sometimes that is easier. It seems I may have interrupted something, and I apologize. This castle brings back memories, it's close to heart and mind; it's where I began my original tasks in learning more of my magic.

So, I had no way of knowing this world was occupied by more than old friends, and I apologize for... intruding..."

His last word had a bit of a hiss on it, and the air around them stirred. He had no reason to want to fight, save for defense, but this power struggle would likely continue. He could show himself to be subservient, or he could exude dominance. All the same, he finished his sentence with that punctuation to show strength, and a bow to show courtesy.

Still, he couldn't help but be horribly interested. He'd never studied the darkness as it seemed this woman had. If he was to study the darkness, he'd need to force himself to study the light as often so that his soul didn't lose its grounding in the nothingness it stood in.

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
A slight smile as the man apologised, he was fighting back. She respected that, a man who wasn't afraid of her. She didn't necessarily like it, she would've preferred to walk all over him, but respected it nonetheless.

"A dreamer," she said, somewhat knowingly. She knew of the path of which he spoke, even considered it herself for a brief period. But it wasn't for her. In her dreams the only suffering she could cause was to the monsters in her subconscious, the only power she could attain was hidden in her ego. She was much to self serving for any of that.

"So," she began, wondering how best to deal with the intruder, "you're a fellow practitioner, a previous student at my little castle no doubt." Of course, it wasn't hers, but he didn't have to know that.

"Although, I can assure you that any of the 'old friends' you speak of are long since gone. There's no one left here but me, and one other, Etzolix. Do you know him?" She asked. If this man was truly an ex-resident of the castle perhaps he was one of the old generation. She wasn't sure how long Etzolix had been an active contender in this universe but it was of course possible they knew one another and, their relationship - if they had one - would no doubt dictate Yukina's further treatment of this man.

Something about him interested her, though. That much she couldn't deny. There were very few in this universe she deemed as committed to the study of magic as she found herself becoming and, from him, she sensed an unyielding devotion. Perhaps she was reading too much into it, was excited by the prospect of another like her, but it was interesting regardless. And, perhaps another could be useful in her further studies, she never could quite expect what would be required of her as she continued her path deeper and deeper into the darkness.

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
He nodded at the mention of his name. "In rage of the Oblivion Wars while I held throne, we made the mutual agreement to leave each other alone on the battlefield, should our swords need to cross, and simply continue as though we hadn't seen each other," he said with an air of nostalgia. The pulse of war, the drums and beating swords were things that he sometimes thought of, even yearned for, simply because it made him feel. He remembered all that he'd lost for a moment though-

It was best the way it was, though it seemed war was calling. The air in the worlds was similar to the very air he breathed within his chest. Upon the precipice of the oncoming darkness, he sought to gather as much information as he could.

"So, I suppose I know of him, and have spoken to him, but how well could you really know..." he suggested as he took a closer look at her.

"Studious in the darkness, I see?" he smiled at her with his eyes beaming in curiosity. The darkness was incredibly interesting because of its ties to the heart, though he had met those that commanded it without keeping their souls within that darkness and without that same magic polluting their actions, like a plague.

"That is ever so interesting," the boy remarked, not at all in mocking tone, but instead in legitimate wonder. He took a closer look, the witch's face reflecting the long hard years of study. In these years and generations, there were men who insisted that they were mages themselves, practiced in magic and its combat, but they weren't such. Magic was as much part of his soul as it was of this woman's, and he knew that. Being a mage required that time of study, pain, happiness, yearning... all of it ends with the study of the magic with such close observation that its very scent, its very notion is one well followed.

And of this girl, he knew it. He knew that she was formidable, an ally almost necessary. He knew that if these wars came to pass, he wouldn't want to be on the field opposite her, but instead combine their attacks into onslaught.

Still, as times of peace were theirs, he saw no reason to stir for much more.

"What do you search for with your magic? What are you hoping to learn?" he asked. Maybe not a question that was welcomed, or maybe a question that would be answered well; a fifty fifty chance. People were either secretive or more than happy to remark on their triumphs.

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
The Oblivion Wars. She had heard of them, been alive at the time but, not involved herself. Though from what he told her it sounded as though he and Etzolix at least trusted one another. Or at least, they had. A long time had passed since that war, and Etzolix had changed incredibly since then. That was the peril of a sleeper, she imagined, being disconnected for such long periods must have been taxing, to have the world change around you and awake in such a different environment.

She chose to leave the topic of Etzolix for now, all it meant was that she could ask him about this man later.

"The darkness is where I belong, yes. It's where I feel most comfortable and most powerful." She smiled, for some reason she felt as though she knew this man. Or perhaps, it wasn't that she felt she knew him as much as it was she felt a certain degree of kinship. That they were one in the same. It wasn't often that she conversed with someone, a stranger no less, so willingly. If he were any other she undoubtedly would've shown him the exit almost immediately. She did not suffer fools kindly, but fortunately this man was not a fool.

"What am I hoping to learn..." she repeated, considering the question and playing it over in her mind. What was she hoping to learn, discover? What was the purpose of all of this? Power, of course, was a major driving force but that much was obvious. There was a certain degree of discovery, too, and accomplishment. It intrigued her, pushed her forward and challenged her like nothing else she had experienced.

"You ask an interesting question, stranger. It's a number of things, really. The pursuit of power... the challenge. Magic is as much a part of me as my heart, or my brain, or my blood, or my organs. I live and breathe what I learn, and I get the sense you might be the same...?" She said, phrasing the last part as a question, wanting to probe the stranger further.

"But you are not of the darkness, that much is obvious." She said, almost laughing as she finished. "But I don't sense light in you either, or at least not much. You are something else, aren't you? Almost like a balance. That's... interesting."

She hadn't had much experience with those in between, usually they were either of the light or of the darkness. To be neutral between them showed restraint, to not allow your heart to be swayed showed true power. She admired it, though she wouldn't say as much.

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
"It's true," the man said with a smile now peaking on his face, having hidden for the most part. He looked at his open palm, closing in a fist, remembering the his times in the past, remembering that he lacked what most humans had.

"I was born to this universe a nobody. I had no heart, and so, it was very easy for me to be in the in-between. I had no need for light, and I had no need for darkness, and it wasn't until further in my life as a new creature that I tasted either, so there was never any urge to seek after it. The first talent I had was in magic with the wind, and in the magic of lies," he admitted. It was so interesting to bear this part of his life. Few remained that knew him, and of those, few knew of his magic, but instead, his swordplay.

He had laid the sword down, though. "I theorize: the elements that make up life are unique and they all complete the greater part of a circle, but it would be absurd to think all of the elements are part of the same circle, would it not? A magician of fire has no need for water strength in ice in their life. Such doesn't make sense.

I theorize that the magic of life, the very magic of existence, is dominated by the three purest of schools in magic, untainted by the earth and its qualms. There is the school of darkness, your school of expertise it seems. There is the school of light, the expertise of many outside these walls, and there is expertise in the nothingness that lies betwixt them, a combination of the two, and yet the absence of both, the most paradoxical of the elements.

As much as I have subscribed to this school, I find my studies elsewhere; I have studied the magic of the wind, the earth, the sea, and the fires that kindle the warmth of the worlds, or in its absence, drive them to misery. My magic studies how the world works, and I theorize that most schools not of life but of nature can find their root in this school.

My journey to this place is in search of the one element that I haven't been able to attribute to either circle that I have theorized. Perhaps my arguments are flawed, or perhaps it is unique in its own way that it simply doesn't fit. I've heard of mages attempting the manipulation of time, and to me it only seems circumstantial in life, and in nature. I've come searching for answers, knowing that this place once had a colossal library, but I have found myself in quite the serendipitous conversation with quite the talented witch, it would seem."

He smiled, as it was true. He doubted that he would find many answers here. There weren't records in his old world's library before his slumber, and there was little that he could observe, as there had never been a mage talented enough in his lifetime to conquer the school.

"I apologize for being so long-winded," the man nodded a curt bow and waved his hand in the air, a bottle of wine appearing. "A gift in apologies for my intrusion on such important studies." He offered the bottle.

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
She listened to his explanation with interest, nodding slightly and points and smiling at others. This was a man who knew what he was talking about, who knew his craft and was as passionate about it as she was. With every second that went by she was more and more thankful for his intrusion, and mused that perhaps it was more than coincidence that they found each other together, in these hallowed halls. She considered his words for a quite a while, before smiling when he offered the bottle.

"I would say that I knew better than to take a drink from a magician but," she said, accepting the bottle with clawed fingers, "as I'm sure you can imagine all of this study is thirsty work." She concluded, with a slight laugh. She placed the bottle down on a nearby table, two glasses materialising.

"Would you like one?" She asked, while filling the first glass for herself. If he did she would pour it and pass it to him, if not the glass would disappear from existence once more.

"I feel we have a similar understanding of magic - of the gift we have both been given. While I somewhat understand all of these elements - how they work, their complexities - they have always been just out of my grasp." She sighed, figuring out how best to express her sentiment. "But, I agree. There are all these different elements of course, but they do not belong to the same school, or circle as you say. And I agree, the manipulation of things things as complicated as time, and space, and the warping of reality are not things things to be taken lightly and are something else. A circle of their own. But, I admit, I am not an expert. I am still learning and, as I'm sure you know, the process is long and arduous. I think that as long as I live, as we live, we will be learning and the thirst for knowledge, and power, will never cease. Such is the life we have chosen, I guess."

She smiled, as much as she had a reputation for being villainous and malevolent, having someone to talk to about these things was admittedly refreshing. She didn't want to rip him limb from limb, in fact, she rather liked him. A strange thought, she couldn't remember the last time she felt anything positive about anyone from this universe since Etzolix. How peculiar, how common interests could spark such feelings of companionship within her.

"Well, if it's the library you came for then it's the library we shall go. Of course, I don't believe it to be as expansive as it once was, but I think you might be able to find what you're looking for. I can escort you if you like, but if you'd rather go alone I understand. You have my permission to go wherever you like in the castle, as empty as it may be I think there's some secrets hidden in this place that even I haven't quite figured out just yet." She said, before taking a sip of her drink.

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
Terradagger nodded gratefully at the offered glass, saying, "If you'd be so kind." He took the glass from the table and sipped on it as he heard her ideas on the origin of space and time. It brought an interesting thought to mind, and she seemed absolutely correct; time and space belonged in their own branch of the boughs of magic, as they were as much part of each other as the other branches were, solidified by the very opposite they beheld. Such was true in many things, without the opposition, many things would go untempered and simply crumble at the blink of an eye.

The life they had chosen was such, indeed. Finding importance for such magic in the world, and not only that, but the understanding of the magic. It seemed to be under everything, hearts, souls, even keyblades that would twist and turn these worlds. Why not have a better understanding, a better control, for the most basic creator of all these things?

At the offer to head to the library, his eyes lit up and he nodded. "I'd very much love your company," he said with passion. "As of late, I've noticed the absence of darkness in my repitoire of knowledge. Even your presence alongside me inspires me to work that much harder at learning the things I must,"

He liked that. Not only the idea of the woman learning alongside him, and even pushing each other, but the diction. I must continue, and I cannot cease from learning.

Poetry, so demanding. 

"I don't know if you knew," the boy started, "but there are a few worlds that have been lost to the darkness, drowned. That concept on its own is very interesting, a sentient being making the decision at someone's command with enough strength to destroy a world seems fascinating to me. However, when the worlds reblossom, I'd like to see what I can collect from the libraries and knowledge of the worlds. I hail from Wonderland, and it had much information on the skills of illusion and space with the Chesshire cat skirting around, and even people growing and shrinking as day and night. It would be an interesting endeavor."

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
A slight smile crossed the girls lips as he accepted her offer of company, she wouldn't admit it - not to him, not to anyone - but she was rather lonely. She was glad that he found her interesting, and that she regarded him the same way. For some reason it felt natural, to be with this stranger, and of that she was grateful.

"Well, off we go then." She said, while opening the door with her free hand and stepping into the hallway.

"The most important thing about darkness is that it is not something to fear," she began, as they walked towards the library. "But it is just another tool at our disposable. Of course, it's different to the more terrestrial elements, because it is linked to the heart, but it is a tool nonetheless. The greatest mistake people make, I think, is that it is inherently 'evil' or 'sinister', this is not the case. But I'm sure you know that."

He mentioned the worlds being drowned with darkness, and she furrowed her brow. She hadn't heard about any of this specifically, but a number of worlds had disappeared. This explained it, she thought, but who could've done such a thing?

"It wasn't the Heartless?" She questioned, they had a reputation for devouring the hearts of worlds into darkness. If it wasn't them, then, who else?

"Perhaps when they return - if they return - clues might be left about the mystery of their destruction. A control over darkness so powerful as to destroy an entire world is... incredible, to say the least." She said, as the pair approached the entrance to the library. Pushing the door open, she stepped inside and then to the side, allowing her companion to join her. She looked up at the multitude of books and trinkets, littered around the room and in the shelves. The majority of books centred on darkness were missing, having been taken elsewhere by the young witch for easier access, but the rest remained.

"Well, where to begin..." She mused, gazing up at the towering shelves with a slight grin.

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
Terradagger looked for something that might suggest illusion magic. He was interested in it, not for his own sake, but for the sake of his son. He explained.

"My son is something of a magician himself, though he prefers to use magic to supplement his physical abilities. Though it is commendable that he use his magic wisely, he doesn't know how to quite yet. He's unaware of the use of illusion magic in creative ways, he's simply practiced in the perceived deprivation of a sense so that he can use that to his advantage. He would trick an enemy into think that there's nobody there, so that he can easily just strike. I fear this won't always work, you see, and as my world is gone, I was hoping to find such a volume here... Especially considering Zexion's past here."

He walked about, his eyes flicking between books. There was a volume on the use of illusions to replicate, and then shield, sort of as a body double. Something caught his eye, a title that referenced illusions and space, two elements he had in common with the literature in the book. He carefully grabbed it, thumbing through it for a moment, seeing that many theorists supposed that with enough space magic behind an illusion, it could rift into reality.

"The shame is, not being particularly versed in the magic, I couldn't tell him how to fix something he was doing wrong, just point out that there was weakness in his spells. I suggested to a friend of mine that he might need some help at some point, seeing as magic is a high expectation in our family, but he didn't seem quite so willing. Hopefully these volumes will help explain a little bit."

He smiled, turning to the gap in the bookcases. "Books on darkness, I'd assume? I'll be honest, my lady, I'm quite impressed with your devotion. It pleases me to see someone so studious in the arts."

He was impressed at the literature. He took a hand to thumb through some more to see if there was more of value in this book besides specific details on the illusion.

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
Yukina paused for a second as he mentioned his son, remembering her own child. Her daughter. No, not her daughter. Just the baby girl. It wasn't hers, not really. She wasn't ready for a baby of her own, and perhaps she never would be. She had let Etzolix deal with the whole situation and, in truth, didn't even know what had happened to the girl. She liked to think that she didn't care but something, deep, deep down, stirred at the thought of it. It wasn't love, or sorrow, but something more akin to regret. She regretted her actions, her carelessness and lack of caring, and for that she was sorry.

"I know something of illusion myself," she said, as she examined a few of the remaining books herself. She turned to her companion, "Not much, most of what I've learnt was from these volumes, but I have some experience with it."

It was an offer, whether he took it or not she didn't quite mind. She didn't view herself as a teacher - far from it - but if she could offer her assistance to this man, perhaps he would do the same in future. She envisioned that he would be a powerful ally, provided she could keep him onside and offer something in return.

"I like to learn. Of late there hasn't been much else for me to do, besides further my studies. If you're interested in learning more about the dark arts I'll gladly retrieve them for you," she said, referencing the missing books with a slight nod towards the empty shelf. Giving up on looking for anything else (she had already scoured the bookshelves for anything of interest to her), she took a seat at a nearby table and took another sip of her wine.

"You said you come from Wonderland, one of the missing worlds. Do you have any idea of who might've been responsible?" She questioned, probing a little deeper. Truthfully she wanted to know out of pure selfishness, someone with such powerful control of darkness would undoubtedly have something to teach her, should she be able to find them and of course, they be willing to do so.

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
Terradagger nodded at the woman at the knowledge she had of illusion magic. At first, he wasn't certain, but he thought he would ask of her interest in helping her boy.

"He'd appreciate the help if it was ever given him, and I would too. I'm sure we could find some way to repay you for your troubles, if you wouldn't mind going through them," he said calmly, thinking about the possibilities. The important part was that he wanted this woman on his side, and he wanted them to bond. He didn't want to be staring down the wrong end of that magical barrel that was the intimidating magicks he knew darkness could command. 

He nodded in agreement as she talked of learning. It was true, not only did it seem like the most important thing to do, but it seemed like it was the only thing to do. Of course, the man had other options like being with his son or with his love, but all of those things were also part of learning. 

"I was told that it was MorpheusZero, but I do not believe it. He was supposedly partnered with an Aoi Thief, but I'm not sure who that is. I feel as though he was lying. I asked Ansem, Seeker. The only people that I know with that type of talent are the La Vaes, Morpheus, and Ansem himself. Morpheus hasn't done much in the worlds, and the La Vaes and I are near siblings, another practitioner of magic. He wouldn't cross me so..."

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
Morpheus? Yukina frowned at the mention of his name. She wasn't even aware that he was still alive, let alone destroying worlds. No, that didn't make sense. If he were back in any notable capacity, she would know about it surely.

"I don't believe it would've been Morpheus, either. I know him rather well and, truthfully, if he were doing that kind of thing I would've expected an invitation." She said, with a slight smirk. She then pondered his words, according to his approximations there were only three capable of such a feat.

"Well it seems that the Seeker has some explaining to do, doesn't it?"

She had merely pieced together what he had told her, and expected he had already come to the same conclusion. If neither of them believed Morpheus to be the culprit, and he trusted Lenneth, well... there was only one name left.

"I don't know him myself, but, devouring worlds is kind of the Heartless thing. It wouldn't surprise me if they were back to their old tricks, having been quiet so long. And as their King, he would be accountable." She didn't much care for the fallen worlds, none of them were truly of interest to her, however the power to do such a thing intrigued her.

"But then again, why lie? What does he have to lose if people knew it was him, if it was, of course."

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
"I can't say that I know, or understand," the man said with a bit of honesty in his voice. It was true, and it didn't make sense that he cared that much. He simply knew that he was sleeping at the time, and he was the only one he could blame, and in honesty, he was pursuing some nobler causes.

All the same, he looked at the girl and smiled and took a sip from his wine. He took down several records, two on illusion, one on space, and one on the use of restorative magic. He watched woman with pensive, green eyes.

"It's the older mischief in me," the man said with his eyes glimmering, his lips pulling up in the corner and his brows furrowing for a moment. He trembled in excitement for a second, feeling the memories pull in his adrenaline. "But something in me senses that we would be a near unstoppable duo. I haven't a knack for destruction, or at least destruction, tasteless, but all the same..." he thought for a moment. 

"I'd almost like to test this hypothesis, should we find a common cause." He wondered at it for a moment. He had need for Wonderland as soon as it was reclaimed. Or even test his strength against those in the worlds...

Still, he digressed for a moment. "Is it alright that I borrow these? I'd be sure to return them promptly," he said while taking a sip of wine, making his belly feel warm and rich. He sat next to her and thought on it hard.

Back to top Go down

Yukina Tarka
A toothy grin appeared across her features as he mentioned wanting to test their power alongside one another. The thought intrigued her, too. He was powerful, and so was she, in their own individual way. Together... well, she couldn't imagine much that would be able to stop them.

"Well, if you ever have a worthy cause..." she offered, not having any particular suggestions herself. There wasn't much she needed doing in the universe just yet, she was merely biding her time. Learning as much as she could, slowly but surely growing more and more powerful. It was somewhat refreshing to her, having all this time without any real pressing matters to attend to. She took another sip, before leaning back and relaxing deeper into her chair.

"Of course, take as many as you need, for as long as you need. Everything I need for now I've taken already." She said, with a slight smile. She finished her glass of wine then, placing the glass gently back on the table and gazing at her companion with some curiosity. How strange, that this man had found her. A man with so much in common with her, as powerful as she was and with many the same beliefs... but still so different. She didn't really believe in fate, but things like this made her wonder. In her dark heart, she felt a powerful alliance - perhaps even a friendship - beginning to bloom.

Back to top Go down

Terradagger
Terradagger nodded and shared the smile with the woman he had met. The idea of Trist spending time with his woman made him wonder, and though he was defensive of his son, he found that it was probably a good thing. Still, not wanting to press the issue much, or the thought, he finished his glass of wine as well and set the stemware on the table quietly.

It didn't take a lot to make his mind wander, and it didn't take a lot to make the man lose thoughts with drink, so he was a bit happier than normal. A simple glass of wine... What a light weight.

Still, he took a deep breath, the air rushing through his lungs reminding him of his reality. He was before quite the nice girl, and he was even enjoying his time with her. Their simple conversation was enough to innovate and inspire, and Terradagger felt like he needed to go do some studying. He read the heading of one of the books he had, and it said On Replicas. He wondered at it, but would do some thorough reading on it none the less.

Terradagger got up from his chain and said, "I appreciate it, madame. Now, if you ever need anything..."

He held out his hand, and in his palm the air started to twist and turn. First his fingers looked like they were lighting a flame, and then as the air hastened, there almost seemed to be condensation sweating on his palm. After a moment, it all stilled, and what remained was a small crystal. It was teal, a deep bluish-green hue.

He took a finger and pressed on it, the gem starting to turn around his finger, forming a small ring on his fingertip. He shoved the gem further up his finger, and the ring became larger, until it was forced over the back of his hand. Then it became a plate, almost like the back of an armored glove. He pushed it further up his wrist, and it turned to a bangle.

He pulled it from his wrist with his other finger and laid his palm out flat, leaving the gem on it so that it started to form to its original facets.

With palm open, he offered it. "You can use this gem to call for me. It's of my magic, so I'll always know its whereabouts, and I can assist you in whatever you may need. And if nothing else, it's fairly interesting jewelry, no?" With that, he set it on the table, and a portal of the elements was conjured behind him. He set foot through it, books in hand, and the portal closed.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top