Jongori
August 13th 2017, 8:10 pm
Chastelle

Fireball
August 13th 2017, 8:01 pm
Chastelle

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hikari
Cool Star

The Light Within Darkness

Castle Oblivion was otherwise silent except for a few mere footsteps, the warrior leaving behind echoes with each one as he silently approached the throne room of the castle without a weapon raised or a word said. He had no specific business here but had instead been drawn here and wasn't sure himself as to why. It was as if his body moved on its own and had been cut off from his thoughts... However he knew he had come here of his own free will. It seemed as though part of him knew why Cool had chosen to come here out of all the worlds and more specifically approach an old enemy though the rest of him knew not so, leaving these parts to ponder as to why he had come here. Eventually remembering why his silent footsteps would now stop as he reached the throne room. It appeared to be decorated in a way similar to Disney Town's own with a throne and though it seemed to be just a way to mock him the reptile's taste in interior could just as well justify it. Not caring enough to explore the full possibilities Cool would merely speak the name of the person he was looking for as it echoed through the entire castle, an emotionless expression on his face as he did so but the words tainted with obvious disgust and disdain.

"Etzolix."

Last edited by Cool on October 20th 2013, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
The reptile lazily laid on his throne, looking at the youth, who had recently grown, approach him. Despite the harmonious tones of the fountains, the youth's voice carried throughout the throne room. The children, those who inhabited this world, seemed to be off in the outskirts of the world today; they explored with the safety of their guardians by their side.

His eyes opened, revealing his amber eyes which were contrasted by his ebony sclera. This was a clear indication of the Eye of Providence being active and allowing him a perception that wasn't normally accessible to the average human. A flick of the tongue was habitual, and despite having seen Cool many times before it had been apparent he had grown in strength, or at least his magical pool had.

"Welcome to Oblivion." The serpent welcomed, wondering the business the warrior had with him today.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Cool Star

Recognizing the voice that called out to him his face would remain the same as he looked at the throne and approached closer a few feet to it, his steps echoing through the halls once again with each one as he eventually stopped just a short distance away from it. "Nice to see you again." The warrior would greet the reptile with an easy-to-see-through false smile, his words having a hint of sarcasm to them but still sounding serious. Falling into a deafening silence for a few seconds or so he would look back at the reptile with his crystal blue eyes locked onto him and the same emotionless look now practically engraved into his face. "..Why?" Cool would ask as a few seconds passed before he would open his mouth to speak again. "Why do you do what you do?" He now finished as he awaited a response, his heart beat now being the only sound he heard within Oblivion.

Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
The serpent scratched the side of his, now raven black, hair and was confused as to what Cool was talking about. "Huh?" He would question, asking the warrior to go more into detail what he specifically spoke about. Too many people assumed that he could read minds. He continued to sit on the throne awaiting a, more coherent, explanation.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Cool Star

"The chaos you cause... Why do you unleash it? Is there some kind of ambition behind it or do you just do it for the sake of chaos, like some kind of monster?" He would ask and hope this was enough clarification for Etzolix to understand what he was asking about.

Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"I'd hardly call it chaos," He shrugged, more so disappointed that he couldn't successfully resonate across the universe and was another wave of interest dismissed by inaction. "What are you referring to specifically?" He asked, wanting to know Cool's true intent opposed to giving vague answers to his vague questions. If he wanted information all he had to do was ask the appropriate questions, however, he seemed to be more caught up in the dramatic spiel of the hero.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Cool Star

The warrior would sigh, deciding to take one step at a time and ask one question at a time as such. "I'd like to know why you did what you did at Hope's funeral. Why you mocked her death and blew up the Twilight Tower. What was the reason behind it, the motive?" Cool would ask, that memory being the one that popped into his head first. Putting his hands in his pockets he would await an answer to that before continuing.

Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"Everyone was too weak. If they couldn't stop me then how could they stop someone who actually wanted to kill?" He explained, showing that he didn't actually care the people attending specifically but the principle of their being too many weaklings in the worlds. He was tempted to rant but what did his struggles matter? He was sure there were others with just as difficult lives, even if not threatened as much by common man. "I needed to show them fear, I needed to give them motivation, they needed a push to grow."

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Cool Star

"Interesting." He commented on what Etzolix had intended. He vaguely remembered getting a similar answer, or at least a hint towards this ambition, during their last encounter at the Keyblade Graveyard but from what he could remember it wasn't exactly direct nor confirmed. Forcing himself to keep a calm attitude he would look up at the reptile. "So how do you know what you're doing just won't make the situation worse? Maybe you'll breed stronger individuals who will defend the world or maybe you'll just bring more powerful psychopaths into this world, with a bloodlust born of vengeance. Everyone has a different reaction to this stuff, it all depends on the person. You might make the denizens of a world able to defend themselves against threats but if you just breed more chaos eventually you'll turn them into what you intended for them to stop, beings with a desire to kill. After all... Everyone has a breaking point and what you're doing might just end up shoving them straight into it." Cool would say towards it. While it seemed futile to try and convince Etzolix to change his goals he still didn't mind debating over the cause since he didn't have anything else to do. Aside from that there was the fact that a little more insight on others never hurt anyone, in fact it more often than not helped instead of hindering.

Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"The universe finds a way to balance itself. Everything you've mentioned has already happened. I grew up in that era. I've seen people die for standing up their beliefs, I've seen people die for humor, and I've heard of lost friends that died because other people had power, and they did not. We need heroes, and they will spawn. And there will be villains. And there will be those with power who choose to do nothing. And lately there has been a whole lot of nothing." He said, looking in the distance, somewhat somber but not revealing this over the mask of apathy. "At least there will be people strong enough to protect the worlds from the forces that can truly destroy the universe." He finally added.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Cool Star

"If the universe needs others to preserve it through a cycle of suffering, strife, chaos, loss, and sadness then is it worth fighting for? Is it worth preserving if all it brings is pain?" He would now ask as he fell into a deep silence, pondering the question for himself. After a moment or two he would comment on it himself before the reptile could answer. "I suppose it is if the end result can be one of happiness, if the cycle can someday end then it wouldn't be in vain... And even if it is in vain we can at least say we did what was right, that we held onto the hope in the face of despair and fought proudly." The warrior would answer his own question. With a heavy sigh Cool would look at the ground for a few moments before looking up at his nemesis. "I still think your methods are shitty, hate your guts, and am going to oppose you until the day one of us dies." His voice had an odd hint of tranquility to it accompanied by a small smirk unbefitting of it as well as the situation.

Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"If we can finally have someone that'll stand up for the universe when the true threats come, and have it so there is someone, at least one person, to protect the weak and be able to stop evil from overtaking then I think that's good enough." He said, stating that he's never actually seen a hero rise to the power he's reached and remain a hero. "There's nothing to oppose. I give up. I've tried for years to create a hero who'll fight to protect the weak. I had to become the villain to inspire someone, anyone really, to take the mantle when I will eventually die. I may be a villain to you, but I'd willingly throw my life to save the universe and everyone within it." He said, his depression getting the better of him and his true colors finally showing. He knew his fate and he knew how he would pass, but eventually, there would be another threat and he wouldn't want to have thrown away his life without a legacy left behind.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Cool Star

Cool would fall into silence, trying to think of a way to respond.

Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
He looked at Cool and, maybe, there was something about him still being a hero, or something of the sort, to this day that pushed Etzolix to say this, "Out my villainy, you revealed yourself," He began, only a slight pause before he continued, "Maybe you were the hero I was hoping to create." He finished, wondering if his words fell on intent ears.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Hikari
Cool Star

A surprised look coming onto his face Cool would smile and merely shrug. "Maybe so." He replied. The warrior was unable to lie, he did feel pride... At the same time he also felt a bit of doubt in his ability to protect this place, this universe. Whatever the case he shoved it aside. Whether or not he was capable he planned on rising to the task should the chance ever arise. "Maybe so." Cool would now repeat himself as he turned around, waving goodbye and walking out of Castle Oblivion as Etzolix's words repeated them in his mind.

~Topic Exit~

Resident Asshole

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top