(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

He stood before the Empty Fortress,
Clothed and garbed in black,
A blade of Light and a blade of Darkness,
Strapped upon his back.
He took each weapon into his palm,
His eyes blazed with thunder,
Entered the Castle with absolute calm,
And tore the place asunder.
How long he had lusted, after the Flood,
To finally go after the Reptile’s blood.

He swung his swords, he slashed and he hacked;
He slayed all who came,
He sliced and stabbed the beasts that attacked,
Looking for one to maim.
He shouted, he screamed, he cursed and swore,
He called out to Hell,
He looked for Him that had declared war:
Him whom he hoped to kill.
No greater evil is there but Him
Who destroyed a whole world but on a whim.

The warrior howled out in fury,
Banging against the wall;
He begged his foe to rush and hurry,
To answer his desp’rate call.
“I want this done and over with!” said
He, tears down his face,
“I shall not rest ‘till I have you dead!
You’re a plague, a beast, you make me sick!
I will have my revenge! ETZOLIX!”

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
The lethargic serpent sat, coiled, upon his throne. The white walls contrasted the new appearance of the serpent. His sickly, tan, skin gave him an uncanny feel. It was as if he had devolved into something more monstrous than his former, ivory, form. His raven hair was that of its original hue, the darkest shade of black, and he now had scars in his face that were functional in use. They extended from his lips onto where they met his jaw. His tongue danced around, flicking in and out, as per usual until a foreign scent entered the castle. Wonderful.

He recognized the being, it was someone that he had influenced and, just like Cool, he had come to deal with the serpent. Unfortunately, unlike the more powerful of the two, this one didn't respect the serpent. And why should he? A ecstatic flurry of emotion entered the reptile's stomach. Butterflies, perhaps? Despite this, his apathy was ever present and he had to get over his villainous act. Kenos and Cool were likely to be the heroes of the next generation but they needed someone to protect them now. And since no one could step up quickly enough, the hybrid bore the weight of his own failures.

"What is it, Kenos?" He said, knowing that he came for blood. He wanted to see what the boy had to say or if he would jump straight into violence. In fact, he was hoping it was the latter so he could test out a theory of his. There were three hearts in his body right now, perhaps he could force the boy into a dive and force him to listen and understand the serpent's perspective? Who knew. He was by no means powerful enough to prove a threat now.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

"Heh...so it's true...you are...here...." the boy gasped, Koffing and Weezing as he bent forwards. When he gained his breath he stood straight, examining the reptile thoroughly. "You look...different. Are you...really him?"

The raven black hair, the tan skin, the scars...everything was wrong! He must be trying to mess with me...I have to...stay focused... Kenos lifted his weapons, shifting into an offensive stance. He was here to kill the beast, to redeem himself and avenge Twilight Town.

He moved forward, only to hesitate before he swung. ".............why did you do it?" he asked quietly. He looked away, only to reconsider and quickly look back up. He shouldn't take his eyes off of the man.

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"Do what?" He asked, wondering what he was being accused of. Was it the original attack on Twilight? Was it his offensive behavior at Hope's funeral? His lethargic demeanor was ever present despite Kenos' interaction. There had not yet been an experience worth acknowledging. What interested him most was the Fairy King's reaction to his appearance. Apparently, he didn't have any sensory abilities to confirm the reptile's presence. Or he was more paranoid than originally expected. If the flame of battle was tended, Kenos would have to prove himself worthy of the serpent's mercy.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

"'Do what?' You're asking me...what you did?" Scoffing, Kenos shook his head as he an angry look came over his face. "Of course you don't remember. They meant nothing to you, did they? They were just.........heh...It was stupid of me to think you might have had a reason."

Steeling his eyes, Kenos rushed forward to attack the reptile. He grimaced, his feet padding across the white floor and his arms swinging at his sides. He was going to end this, here and now. There was no room for failure, and the boy would give his all to have his enemy dead. Divine, in his right hand, swung towards Etzolix's head; Eclipse, in his left, went for a stab towards his abdomen.

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
As the boy rushed towards him, he sat there, unmoving. The sound of collision echoed across the room as his weapons were met with two translucent shields. "Tell me, what did I do?" He asked, once again. He knew what he was being accused for, however, he wanted to hear the words. He wanted to shatter the perceptions of the Fairy King before him. And how fitting was that role for him to play? He ruled a world where the children never grew, and it seemed that he had taken suit.

He did, however, prefer this desperate passion opposed to Cool's self righteous and arrogant behavior. They had seemed to have grown differently and, if anything, Kenos seemed to care more about the incident than Cool did who, for some reason, cared for the reptile's respect. They were different types of heroes, in the end. Maybe, his job wasn't over. Maybe, he just needed to mold their minds, not their hearts...but what's the difference?

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

"Hope," the boy angrily breathed, "You killed her, and destroyed her tow--our town. But it wasn't enough...you couldn't have just left us to mourn...you had to mock us...throw her head at us. Why?"

He sighed, pushing off of the shield and backing up a few feet. He wouldn't let his guard down, but it didn't seem as if Etzolix would fight...rather, he seemed more interested in talking. A trap? Kenos honestly didn't know anymore. But he was tired of fighting, and sick of letting this reptile take over his life. He just...wanted to end this.

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"I didn't kill her. I was the one who gave the order. Now, we come into the interesting concept of the man of thought and the man of action." He said, wondering how Kenos would feel about the discussion. He wasn't here to elaborate, only plant the seed. "If I only gave the order, and would not have done it myself, would she have died?" He asked, wondering how he would view this.

"Even the, she did. And I am, at least, partially at fault." He admitted, shrugging slightly, before continuing. "How else could get the new generation to hate me and spawn heroes? In this world, heroes are bred through hate and vengeance. Those are aren't become cold and apathetic, even if they like to lie to themselves and believe differently." He said, the last line having Yima in his thoughts.

He still sat in his thrown, with a habitual flick of the tongue, curious as to how Kenos would react to the news.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

He lowered his weapons with this new information, looking at Etzolix strangely. "You...didn't kill her? But then...who did?" Confused, the boy furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to recall that day. But all he could remember were white locks among a sea of black. "No. You still gave the order. You still came to her memorial. You still felled the clock tower and disrespected our world. To 'spawn heroes'? Why would you want that?"

He shook his head, unable to understand the reptile's words. "If we didn't have heroes, then we must not have needed them! Things...they were fine in Twilight Town! Until you came. You're the only reason we needed heroes!" Kenos gulped, calming down and lowering his voice before speaking again. "I'm not a hero. I'm not strong. I can't even control my own emotions...much less my actions. I'm just a little boy who has sought revenge for too long. But...I am someone now. I've made a name for myself. I've seen so many places, and met so many people...because of you. I hate you for what you did, but...you gave meaning to my life."

He spoke words he didn't even realize were true until they were spoken. He had a lot to thank Etzolix for...but it wasn't going to stop him from doing what he came here to do. He raised his swords defensively as he awaited a response.

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"It isn't important yet." He replied, brushing off the question. Shirou being the executioner was information being saved for a later date. It wasn't as impactful as it could potentially be in this situation. Kenos was still upset that he had given the order, which was his right. The serpent did not deceive himself into thinking otherwise.

"We needed heroes. Just because you don't see the mechanisms of the world, does not mean that I don't. We need someone to inspire hope, and I gave you all the villain to aim for. I gave you all the just a nudge forward and you snowballed on your lonesome." He said, explaining the method for his madness. "I wonder if you were around for the destroyed worlds...or if you even realized their absence."

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos scoffed at the tyrant's explanation, rolling his eyes at the same time. "Heh, more like a shove," he replied, still staring the serpent down. He asked again--it seemed like he had asked this so many times already--wondering what the response would be this time, "Why? Why did 'we' need heroes? Why did we need someone to inspire hope? You destroyed our hope!"

He bristled at the mention of the fallen worlds, straining to contain himself. He wanted to cry out at the moment, in both fury and despair. He wanted to rush forward and do to the beast what he had done to Twilight Town. But he couldn't...he had to control himself; balance his mind and his heart.

He lowered Divine and Eclipse, setting them gently on the floor beneath him. He straightened his back, summoning Silver Mind to his hands. His hands gripped them tightly, much like a baby's would his blanket. The Keyblade helped him tame his heart, gently lull his emotions into slumber. To balance his mind and heart.

I wasn't there for all of them. I wasn't aware of all of them--I had never even heard of the Deep Jungle until I had met someone who had come from there. Some, yes, I did know of. Some, yes, I did fight for. But I was going through my own destruction--the destruction of myself. I had lost myself...there was no way I could be there for those worlds if I couldn't be there for myself." The boy spoke calmly and evenly, without a trace of what he was feeling inside. "I'm different now. I'm stronger. Not strong--I'm still a weak person--but stronger than I was before. I can fight. I can protect. And I will, at all costs."

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"We need heroes because there are villains. We need heroes because without the balance the universe will crumble. We need heroes because without conflict, we all stay weak. And the real threats will show up when there's no one to defend our homes." He scolded, almost angry by the misunderstood logic. Kenos spoke as if he didn't understand but then he contradicted himself later. He was understanding the results as they were explained. "If you're strong enough to defend the worlds, and motivated enough to do so, I've done my job. It's time for the next step." He said, aloud, the end mainly referring to himself.

He returned his attention to Kenos, once again, no longer distracted by himself. "Is there anything in particular you want? I don't expect you to forgive me. I don't expect you see what I did as right," He said, monologuing. "because it isn't." He finished, giving a slight pause before he continued. "There are men, such as yourself, who will provide a beacon of hope for those they save. And then there are men like me, who mold others, and situations, and do every dirty deed the heroes can't in order to keep the universe safe." He said, the ending alluding to what had already been discussed.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

"So what you're saying," the boy asked, staring at the other critically, "Is that you did what you did...all those evil things...to save the universe?""

He laughed hollowly. The notion was ridiculously--becoming a villain and murdering countless innocents just to 'spawn heroes' that could protect the world from evil...like himself. Did the reptile really expect him to believe that?

He believed it. Or at, least, he believed that the other believed it. There was nothing that indicated that Etzolix was lying--but if he wasn't, then he was much more twisted than Kenos had initially believed. Nothing the serpent said had made sense to him. Nothing, except--

"There will be times where one must do the wrong thing for the right reason." Fabrum's voice...but why now, of all times? He hadn't thought about the man in ages! "A true hero, one who is truly brave, is one who will do everything necessary to preserve what he believes--no matter what everyone else thinks, no matter how much he will be hated for it."

He hadn't understood it at the time--he rarely understood anything the man told him--but those words of the past seemed to make light of the present. Was Fabrum right? Was what the white-haired man--no, black-haired now--really...okay?

"I--I can't understand what you did, he began, "And I can't forgive you for what you did..but I can accept it. As for what I want...I don't know anymore. I wanted to kill you, but...heh..."

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"And you shouldn't." He responded, letting Kenos know that he was readily accepting his responsibilities. "I'm still not done. The universe is still in danger and there aren't enough warriors, to my knowledge, who would be able to protect the worlds once my generation has gone and past." He explained, letting him know that if he and whoever was left in the worlds died, the universe would be in shambles.

"I am by no means the greatest villain to be defeated. As you know, or so I hope, there are legends of gods in Olympus. I am fighting a being older than a god itself." He said, divulging information to The Fairy King in order for him to understand. He didn't expect his cause to be justified, he just needed The King to understand his role. Not Etzolix's, no. The Fairy King needed understand his own role.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

"So I've been chosen to be one of these heroes." He laughed, though there was no humor in his voice. "Well, you picked pretty poorly. I hope you have better luck next time."

The youngster paused, taking in the reptile's next words...words that he understood by themselves, but not in the way that Etzolix had used them. "...what being is this?" he asked, before falling silent again. Kenos let a few seconds pause before he asked another question on his mind, "And what is it...that you want from me?"

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"No, you answered the call when it was made." He responded, informing the king of his own participation within these matters. He would not have been a hero if he hadn't walked the path. Even if the detours were evident, sometimes the path chosen does not change the destination you reach. "A Titan." He answered, purposely vague, leaving the rest up to interpretation and the man's own deductive skills.

"I don't want anything of you. You are not expected to do, or become, anything other than yourself." The serpent lied. His apathetic tone would be indistinguishable from the truths he had told. This was partly due to his corrupted psyche, as well as wanting to make Kenos' path seem like one he had control over. Most did not enjoy being the pawn.

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

Kenos frowned. Titans, beings older than Greek gods...they sounded familiar. The boy furrowed his brow, trying to recall his knowledge on Greek myths. "Titans...so...Chronos, or Prometheus? Those kinds of Titans?"

"I don't want anything of you. You are not expected to do, or become, anything other than yourself."

"...I don't know who I am, though. Look at me!" he exclaimed, gesturing towards himself, "I came here to kill you. And here I am, conversing with you like nothing happened. What do I do now, after we're finished talking? Do I go back to trying to kill you, like our conversation meant nothing? Or just leave, unsatisfied?"

He sighed. He wasn't ready to come here. He wasn't ready to kill Etzolix. He wasn't ready to become a hero. Yet here he was. "I'm nothing more than the ones I protect," he realized, speaking more to himself than to Etzolix, "A Lost Boy."

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
"Hm." He said, interested in trying to help Kenos find himself. His insecurities were showing but he was man enough to admit them, even as a Lost Boy. Etzolix raised his hand, calmly, and extended his finger. A beam of energy would erupt from it; it was precise and direct. As it left his hands, the translucent energy moved at high speeds.

If it made contact with its target, Kenos' heart, the youth would be forced into a Dive to Heart, the serpent joining him. His ocher eyes invaded Kenos' psyche, would be reluctant, or would he allow this to happen. Truthfully, he didn't even let the boy know but, despite his sinister eyes, they spoke two words he doubted Kenos could ever comply with. "Trust me."

In this cold reality,

Back to top Go down

Kenos
Kenos Lege

The Fairy King

Etzolix raised his hand for some reason, pointing his finger at the boy. Perplexed, Kenos searched the face of the other, wondering what he doing. "What are you--"

He stumbled back, having just been hit by something...had Etzolix fired something at him? Of course; his finger was pointed, like a gun. How could he have been so foolish as to trust the reptile? A lying, sly serpent, that's all he was. And now the boy was about to pay with his life.

Still in shock, the younger man's eyes would stare into the others', allowing him the access he need to enter his mind. His body fell back, and darkness pouring in from the corner of his eyes to cover his sight.I--I can't move! he thought to himself, suddenly frightened. He couldn't die--he still had people to protect! Was he already dead? No, he was still falling--unconscious maybe? No...it was...

He had experienced this before. This falling, the endless falling through darkness. A Dive, he had heard it was called, a Dive to Heart. But why was he going through it again? He could already wield the Keyblade. Unless...

The boy landed on on the stained-glass platform softly, having come to expect it.It was the same as before--an image of himself, eagle spread across the circle, the two halves of himself contrasting his heart and mind. He summoned a Keyblade, Silver Mind, and sighed, apparently relieved.Okay, so I can still use the Keyblade...then why am I here? Confused, he looked around, seeing no one present but himself. He frowned, looking up at the darkness above. What did Etzolix do to me?

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top