roleplay
Latest topics
What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
October 26th 2017, 10:55 am
DarkGodRasul

Land Of Twilight - A Legend Of Zelda Roleplay
October 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Josh Dragovalor

The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]
October 21st 2017, 1:37 pm

Steamhunter
October 20th 2017, 8:25 am

Dragonball Legacy
October 14th 2017, 5:54 pm

Staff
Updates
11.1.2017 - Kingdom Hearts RP is now closed. We'd like to thank everyone who invested time on the site for contributing to a wonderful experience which lasted for many years. All stories must eventually end, but while this may seem bittersweet, it can't be stressed enough what a pleasure it was to create and share them with you all. Goodbye everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Balendin8
Balendin was a whirl of blades as he danced the forms with his katana. It had been some time since he had taken a significant amount of time to practice both the basics and the more advanced forms of his art. When he had been a soldier; he had practiced every morning. These days he was but a simple wanderer and had become lazy. Most of the world's he visited knew relative peace and if it wasn't for the heartless the need for trained warriors might have disappeared. Peace seemed to breed soft men, but Balendin did not begrudge those men. He would prefer a world of peace that was full of soft men then a world of endless war, like his own homeworld, where children were taught to fight and kill from their earliest days.

His brothers-in-arms used to laugh at his peaceful sediments. Not that they thought he was weak for having them. A dream of a peaceful world was why they fought these never ending battles one after another. The reason they laughed was that he was by far the most pacifist and peaceful one of them all, but at the same time the most violent and brutal one. When he entered the battlefield, a change came upon him. He killed without mercy or pity. The pleas of beaten enemy soldiers fell on deaf ears when this side of him was awakened. Sleepingsword, which he now used as a surname, was originally a nickname given to him by his brothers-in-arms. They said he was like a sword that slumbered until it's foes came against it; then it would awaken and slay all that opposed it. Balendin had taken the name to remember who he was and what he could become. "The Slayer", as Balendin called it, was now suppressed with all the will that Balendin could muster. If fate was willing; it would never come again.

Balendin's stomach rumbled. He had not eaten much today; only a piece of beef jerky for breakfast. That was unlike him, but today he was in a particularly somber mood. He still had been unable to locate his beloved wife and that caused him no end of worry. His master, the Underlord MopheusZero had apparently disappeared. The dragon dreams came more frequently. This could mean that the Dragon God was winning in his struggle with the Earth Goddess Territh over who had authority of him. Balendin could only shudder to think about what would happen to him if one side managed to overcome the other. To top it all off, he still had no clue what he was going to do about the Goddess Gaea that was plaguing his wife.

The reason he was in this world in the first place had been to search the library of the large castle that was located in this environ. These divine beings that toyed with his life and the life of his wife had to be stopped, but how to go about doing it? He had searched this library thoroughly, but had failed to come up with any useful information. Mostly it was filled with books of fiction and books about French history.

His stomach growled again telling him that it was time to finish up this training session and go get some food. There was a small town nearby where he could likely find something to eat. It was a cheerful place. When you walked down the street the people of the town would acknowledge you with a friendly "Bonjour", which translated into the common tongue would mean "Hello" or "Good Day", even if you were a stranger. Balendin though was not a complete stranger to a number of the residents here. When he had traveled with the wander Omzem and his daughter Schel; there gummi ship had actually broken down on this world and they had spent a while living here as Omzem repaired the ship with the limited resources this planet had to offer for such things. They had stayed with a Shepard living on the outskirts that Balendin would definitely have to go visit before he left the planet.

Balendin stopped his practicing and sheathed his katana. He walked over to where he had his green cloak neatly folded and picked it up. Draping it around his shoulders; he fastened the octagram brooch that kept it in place. He then began walking towards the village. It was a fine day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and there was a slight hint of a breeze that blew through the leaves of the trees around him. The children in the village would be out playing after they finished their chores. Hopefully none of them stumbled upon any wolves. The wolves around these parts were notoriously dangerous; attacking humans all the time.

Balendin crested the hill that overlooked the village. He stopped at the top of the hill deciding to give the village a quick survey from above before he headed down into it to get something to eat.

Sovereign of Beast's Castle in Exile

Max Magic: 110
Elements: Earth, Cure, Fire
Theme Music: Soldiers of the Wasteland

[22:33:21] Zihark : I didn't know lenny died?
[22:33:29] Zihark : how long did he stay after he died
[22:33:47] Etzolix : Uh idk.
[22:33:55] Etzolix : He let himself die cause he wanted to live.

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
Reina looked around the small but active village. It seemed that there was quite a friendly atmosphere that went around here, judging by all the people calling out "Bonjour" to one another. Not that she understood it, but it wasn't said with any hostility... So it couldn't be that bad, could it? Reina had just landed outside the town, deciding she wanted to explore this world. She had never been here before as one could extrapolate from her uneasiness, but she was getting used to it. It was, at the very least, more social than the worlds she'd been to before, which was kinda nice. After having passed a few people shouting "Bonjour"'s at her, she decided to try and call it back.
B-bonjour!
She said with a nod every few seconds. She kinda liked this word, it was interesting and unusual, two qualities she herself treasured. She ducked back into a smaller almost empty street, and practiced her "bonjour"'s on her own under her breath, trying on several little variations that she added to the pronunciation. She lost concentration however, not unlike her really, and almost entirely forgot about her new word. What caught her attention was a gentle breeze that blew by, something she didn't get to feel often as she was usually cramped up in a gummi ship. It was a nice feeling... one she wanted to treasure.
She found a small bench off to the side of the street, and decided to lay upon it and feel the breeze blow her hair gently into and out of her face. She couldn't help but let out a yawn, and followed it by closing her eyes. "You can't nap there" She commanded herself mentally. "Says who?" She mentally retorted. She began another mental argument, but it didn't last long, as she began to lose consciousness in the middle of it all. She wasn't quite asleep yet... but really close.

Max MP: 60
Rahzz MP: 40

Self-proclaimed healer, romanticist, and diaper toter.... And yet I can still do more damage than you.
....Also the spawner of most chatbox shenani jokes, but that's just bad luck..... >_>

[00:53:29] Zihark : He's not he's just there, im sure there are boobs that would

[00:54:06] Zihark : Help you

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
Balendin strolled down the hill. The people of the town were out and about there business. They called out "Bonjour" as he walked past just like the always did and a few even added "Monsieur Balendin" after there greeting. It was nice to know that a few people remembered him. He saw the local baker and stopped to chat. He had visited the bakery every morning when he had stayed here so long ago. The baker remembered him and since he had been such a good costumer offered him a loaf of bread for free from his basket which Balendin graciously accepted.

As he walked around town munching on his bread; he overheard a few of the local woman talking about some girl with cat ears and a tail. Also there was apparently a local hunter named Gaston that had captured the hearts of all the woman in the group.

Balendin set to search for this cat girl. It was not often you saw something like that outside of Halloween Town. Eventually he found her on a bench. She appeared to be sleeping. Her tail was just hanging there. He could not tell if it was real or fake, but he had the sudden urge to pull it. He reached out towards the tail, but then stopped himself. It would be rude to pull someone's tail much less wake them up from a nap so he turned around to go and leave her be.

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
Reina had nearly drifted off to sleep, hoping she could have that dream again that she had last night. But she heard a pair of footsteps by her, and that got her attention. She tried to make herself move, but couldn't for a moment. By sheer willpower alone though, she finally managed to force herself into turning her head towards the source and opening her eyes. She saw someone turning around and beginning to walk away, it was obvious they were looking at her from their movements.
I'm not asleep you know.
She spoke in a firm but gentle voice. She wondered who this stranger could be, she'd never been here before... maybe she tasted funny and he was going to find out?.... No... that doesn't seem to fit a place like this.... Then she began to feel a bit homesick, it was too weird not playing with the bandersnatches, having people try to taste you, or feeling extreme cold, and no one kept to tea time!... The worlds were strange places indeed.
She tried to look up and see if she could see this person's head, but the sun was above and behind it and she had to squint just to keep her eyes open.

Self-proclaimed healer, romanticist, and diaper toter.... And yet I can still do more damage than you.
....Also the spawner of most chatbox shenani jokes, but that's just bad luck..... >_>

[00:53:29] Zihark : He's not he's just there, im sure there are boobs that would

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
Balendin stopped as he heard the voice behind him. Apparently she had not been asleep after all. She must have found him pretty weird and creepy for standing over her for that short period of time. He would have to try to make things right if he could so he turned around and offered a slight bow.

"I apologize, miss, for disturbing you as you relax. It was rude of me to stare, but it is a rare occurrence to see people with the ears and tail of a feline around these parts."

Balendin wondered if that would be a sufficient enough apology. He was not exactly sure what the protocol was on this kind of situation. Maybe he should try to engage her in polite conversation, but he was not exactly the social sort of fellow and would not know where to start. He decided that he might as well offer his name so he could be more than that stranger who hand randomly stood over her.

"I am known as Balendin and if it is not too much to ask; I was wondering what your own name would be?"

He had wanted to ask about the tail and ears, but he had decided against it. If they were real, they may have been some strange mutation she was sensitive about and he might have already hurt her feelings with his earlier comment about staring at them. No reason to risk making things worse.

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
Reina tilted her head slightly at the curious new face. He proceeded to apologize, and then followed with his name, asking hers in return. Absentmindedly she opened her mouth and recited her name, only to immediately realize how long it must be for new people.
Oh me? Reina Kaitlynn Extraveiana Dorcha Wolvenheim the second.
Oh sorry, just call me Reina.

She blushed a little at her absentmindedness, and decided to stand up while speaking to him. It would be utterly rude indeed to be laying down while talking to a stranger on a street. After rising up off the bench she decided to stretch her muscles out, largely due to impulse, but it felt good too. Her tail was especially needing of a stretch it seemed, judging by the way it was feeling during said stretch. After drooping her arms back down to their normal swing, she pressed on with the conversation.
And don't worry about the staring bit... I do get it whenever I visit a new place it seems. I don't find it offensive.
She closed her eyes, smiled, and tilted her head at the stranger-who-was-not-as-much-a-stranger-anymore. It was always fun meeting new people, not always was there a positive result... but hey, variety is the spice of life no? Now that she had been reminiscing about her hometown, she was overcome with a sudden urge to taste the newcomer... She held back though, for she had learned early on that this was not a widely accepted greeting.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
The name seemed oddly familiar. He had seen it somewhere before, but he just could not recall where. Somewhere with sand. Agrabah maybe? No it had been the Olympus Coliseum. Her name had been on the roster for a tournament. Now that he thought about things; he was pretty sure that he had seen her before hanging out with the young Chan Gama.

"You have a very impressive name. I cannot recall seeing one with such length in my lifetime."

She stood up and began to stretch. The way her tail moved; it seemed that she had some control over it. So it had to be either real or some very sophisticated piece of technology. He certainly wanted to ask her about it, but he decided that it could wait until later. The problem was he was not particularly good at talking to people or making friends. He wished his wife was here; surely she would be better at this.

"I was going to head to the local tavern for lunch. If you would care to join me; I would be happy to have your company. If not; then I will stop bothering you."

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
She put her right hand to her chin, and extended her primary finger across her cheek. She also placed her left arm under her right elbow to support it. While this was her usual thinking pose, she just realized exactly what it looked like to others, and noted it as such mentally... for no real reason. Now actually moving on to thinking about the man's proposal, she found she needed not have thought in the first place. Her stomach let out a betraying growl which caused her to blush and scratch at the back of her head with her right hand.
Eheheh.... yeah seems like my stomach answered for me. Okay, I'll accompany you.
It was a bit odd just already going to lunch with a random almost-stranger, but she wasn't about to turn down a chance to eat. Feeling particularly bouncy she did a front flip when they started, and continued on walking as though it never happened. This was for no apparent reason either, maybe she just needed the exercise? Or maybe she was overtired?.... "No use thinking about it." She commented mentally, and continued to stride onwards, trying to contain this random burst of hyperactivity.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
Balendin marveled at the single feat of acrobatics. He certainly would not be able to pull that off. Then again, if he summoned his Wings of the Dragon and used them to give him that extra boost it might have been possible, but that would be cheating. Reina certainly seemed to be suddenly filled with energy. Strange change from her sluggishness from a minute ago.

Balendin led her to the tavern. It was the middle of the day so things should not be too rowdy if it had any patrons at all. He walked in and the man behind the counter recognized him at once. Probably because he payed in gold coins every time he had been here in the past. The man ran to meet him and ushered him and Reina to his finest table; which truth be told was not that impressive.

"Monsieur Balendin. You should have warned me that you were coming. I would have prepared a meal of mutton that you had been so fond of before. Alas all I have today is a modest meal of bread, chicken stew, and carrots."

"That will suffice, my friend."

The man nodded to him and ran off to the kitchen. Balendin turned his attention back to Reina.

"I apologize for the lack of variety, but these small town places simply cannot match up to some of the eating establishments you would find in Traverse Town or Hallow Bastion."

These words were true, but there was also a ulterior motive in them. He was almost positive that she was not from this world due to a number of factors, but he figured he might as well check. If she was a traveler of the worlds that sentence should make sense to her.

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
Balendin lead her to a tavern a little ways down, and she could smell the cook's handiwork from here. Her stomach began to excite and nearly growled again, though she grabbed it and held fast to try to mute it. After leading her to a table she looked around to take in the atmosphere. It was definitely a quaint locale, not at all like the large food establishments in Twilight town or the queen's table in Wonderland. She took her seat at the table, and listened to the conversation between the pair. Apparently they knew each other, not surprising though as everyone in this town seems to know each other. After the man had left, she listened as Balendin apologized for the lack of variety and replied back to him with a smile of understanding.
Yeah, traverse town has got a bit more variety... but I'm not too picky, this'll be fine.
She sat for a short moment and decided to press on with the conversation, if only to spare him from having to come up with a topic.
Never heard of any hollow bastion though, what's it like?
She more wanted to know because she wanted to know what to expect more than anything else. If she was going to get more power, she needed to explore all her options, this included the powers in each world. Maybe hollow bastion was a powerful world of diverse magics, or perhaps it was a simple world with nothing to note at all. But either way she needed to find out, even if it was unlikely. Maybe if he had been there as he seemed to have been, he could provide directions to get there. Either way, this chance encounter could prove to be useful for information gathering. She patiently swished her tail's end which was drooped off the side of the chair, this patient looking movement was actually not to show calm, but to keep her moving. She was feeling a bit too energetic for someone who just woke up, probably just overtired is all.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
"Hallow Bastion? Interesting enough town. It is ruled by a Nobody named Roxas. The townsfolk seem to like him well enough. Some people refer to the town as Radiant Garden, but I do not think it is the official name as of present."

The man returned from the kitchen with two plates piled high with a bread and carrots and two large bowls filled with stew. Apparently he had remembered Balendin's appetite or maybe just the jingle of Balendin's gold. Either way there was plenty of food to be eaten and Balendin wondered if his smaller acquaintance would be able to eat all of it. With the plates set before him; Balendin's stomach let out a growl. He was certainly ready to eat, but he did not just jump to eating right away. He paused before he ate in case Reina was going to pray or offer a blessing. Some cultures offered thanks to there respective deity or deities before a meal and Balendin did not want to insult her in case that was the case.

Once he started eating; he ate rapidly. He was quite hungry. Once he realized he might look quite barbaric; he slowed his eating down to a normal pace. He did not speak much until he paused to pour a glass of cheap wine from a pitcher the man had brought out.

"So Reina. Why do you travel the worlds? Simply for curiosity sake or a lust for adventure? Maybe you are looking for something?"

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
Reina soaked up the words of her host, a town ruled by a nobody?.... Well what a mean comment. Even people who were nobodies had feelings. Since she had never actually met a nobody, it just sounded like a harsh comment. She ignored it however, as she was both too hungry and to polite to say anything about it.
The food arrived at the table, and she sized up the meal. It may have been meager, but it was much larger than she expected. She ate like a bird and felt as though she had been declared a challenge. See, where she's from you were considered rude if you didn't clear your plate. She was often deemed rude at parties since she ate so little, but thought those days were over. It seems she was wrong. After taking in the weight of her challenge mentally, she decided to dive into her meal. Maybe she would be fast enough to eat it that her stomach wouldn't know she had eaten too much till she left. There was another problem, she needed to do it, while keeping an amount of finesse, something she also had ground into her head as a child.
"Enough thinking... let's do this!" She commented mentally. She immediately charged her fork into the carrots on her plate, deciding to get those out of the way first. Somehow she managed to eat them quickly while maintaining an amount of grace, but who knows how long she would be able to keep up appearances for. Once she finished eating her second carrot he caught her off guard and asked her of her travels.
Oh....
She averted her eyes slightly and her ears fell a little lower. It was a topic she was unfond of discussing, as she often received lectures about how she's doing something for no reason or she was being foolish. How could anyone else know how foolish it was? How many other people lost their friends to a woman made of essentially pure evil? How could they even begin to fathom? What right did they have!?... She decided to recite it once more, but she told herself not to bite him verbally if he told her off. It would take all her willpower, but she braced for it.
I.... I journey to see many worlds... and learn more magic. I hope that one day, I have enough power to do what I need to do.
She said this trying to leave it at that, and hoping he wouldn't ask more, but she knew full well the power of curiosity. It was likely he would ask, so she continued to brace herself for the question. Her tail slowed down, she lost that energy she had once before. She slowly resumed eating her meal, forgetting entirely that she needed to eat quickly.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
Balendin saw a noticeable negative reaction in Reina when he asked her about why she traveled the worlds. The fact that he picked it up was saying something. He was never particularly good at reading emotions; at least with most people. He could usually pick up on his brother's emotions, but a lifetime of brotherhood and friendship would do that to a person. His wife sometimes confused him, but her eyes tended to tell all there was to know most of the time. He probably would not have picked up on Reina's if it had not been for her ears. Those ears had to be real; certainly there could not be technology that sophisticated. She obviously was not wanting to go into detail about her reasons for travel so Balendin would not push the matter, but now unfortunately she had planted the seeds of curiosity rather well. He would just have to deal with it.

"You search for enough power to do what needs to be done? Well put. Many follow that path. Careful though. Power is a dangerous thing. I have seen many great men and woman destroy themselves in there quest for power."

Balendin paused for a moment looking into his glass.

"I too follow a path to seek power to do what must be done. There is something precious to me that I could lose otherwise. I would much rather be dead then live without her."

Balendin realized that he had said her instead of it. He had not meant to reveal anywhere near as much information as he had. Maybe it was time to change the subject to something else; so he said the first thing that came to his mind without thinking about it.

"Your tail and your ears? Are they real?"

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
She listened to him lecture her, a lecture she had heard a thousand times before. She held back the urge to yell it at him, and continued on eating her meal. She dipped the bread in the stew, hoping she could kill 2 birds with one stone. She continued listening to the man's story, he was also fighting for someone it seemed. Though it seemed like she was still alive to be saved, her own reason... was not. She managed to finish half the bread when he asked her about her tail and ears, something she couldn't help but cough at as she was caught off guard. After clearing her throat she looked at him with a smile, almost a laugh, that she somehow managed to muster.
Of course they're real. Why would you assume otherwise?
She stood up halfway and began to swish her tail around while looking at it. She then resumed her seat and flicked her ears, first left, then right. She closed her eyes and returned another smile at the man before continuing on into her meal. Such an odd question... though now that she thought about it, she never saw anyone else with these traits since she left her home. Maybe she WAS the strange one after all... though it didn't matter, she liked being abnormal. There's never any fun in being a normal person...
She continued into her meal, finding it still a bit distasteful, but not bad. She preferred meat over all other food. Her body needed it, so the taste of chicken was a welcome relief to the carrots she somehow managed to devour. She continued to listen to the man, believing he had something to say, she wasn't going to interrupt.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
Balendin watched as she half stood up and swished her tail then flicked both her ears. Apparently they were all very real. Maybe everyone had ears and tails like that where she was from. It must be a planet he had never visited because he did not recall ever seeing anything of the sort. Well he had seen people like that in Halloween town, but when people entered that place; their appearance tended to change. Besides the scar that appeared on Balendin's cheek, only his outfit changed. Others, though, did go through a physical change. Shirou, for example, had a change in eye color and grew feline ears and a tail when he was on that planet.

Balendin stared at the wine in the cup in his hand. He was no wine connoisseur, but this was of very poor quality and it was considerably watered down. He also was not really sure what to talk about. He was no conversationalist.

"You say you wish to learn more magic? Unfortunately, I am quite useless at the magical arts. My mother would have been able to help you out. She was one of the strongest Mages in her order. My sister used to be fair at magic, but she never really pursued it extensively."

Balendin thought for a second trying to think of some way to help Reina out. He did not really know any really powerful magic users. His wife had did some interesting magic last time he saw her, but that could just have been possible because of her being half dryad. There was one possibility though.

"Have you ever been to Wonderland? Last time I went there it was under the control of a magic user named Terradagger. It might be worth checking out."

Maybe this was a bad plan. The first and only time he had crossed paths with Terradagger; he had ended up hit by three powerful spells and lying face first in the mud. Balendin had been there in disguise to deliver a message from Morpheus about Terradagger's proposed alliance. Apparently the whole thing had just been a trap set by Terradagger to lure Morpheus in so he could kill him. Balendin though such actions were extremely barbaric and dishonorable, but on the opposite side Terradagger was his wives beloved adopted older brother; so he had to have some good qualities.

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
She had managed to nearly finish all of her meal now, but her stomach caught up with her finally. She tried to finish the rest, but her body wouldn't allow it anymore. She hoped he wasn't the formal type, for this would be a most rude gesture indeed. While listening to him speak he spoke of people he knew who were great mages. She was intrigued, but when he said "Would have" she assumed her to be dead or otherwise incapable. She continued to listen on, until she heard mention of her home.
Wonderland?... You've been there?
....Well that's where I'm from.

She smiled at him, feeling a small surge of patriotism.
However... I've never heard of any terradagger... You sure he lived there?
She paused to think about it and allow him to answer.
It was true she had left wonderland several years ago... but could another mage have arisen in power in such a short time?... It was hard to imagine. She did stop by at wonderland... but no one was there for her to see before... the incident. Her eyes must've downcast a little at the thought, it still stung to this day to think about it. Somehow, she thought it would always sting to think about. She grabbed at the black mark on her neck with her left palm and lost herself in thought.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
The bar own returned. Since it seemed like Reina was done eating and Balendin was not planning on ordering anything else; he might as well pay. The man was going to get enough money out of him to pay for anything additional they might want and then some anyways. Balendin reached behind the folds of his cloak and produced a small pouch. He reached into it and pulled out two gold coins and pressed it into the man's hand. These particular coins might not have been the proper currency around here, but they were valuable enough that the man would not complain.

"I have been to Wonderland twice. The first time, I took a nice nap in a rose garden. The second was not so good; it ended up in a fairly painful experience."

It seemed that Reina did not know Terradagger at all. That was a bit strange if she was from there. Terradagger had been the ruler there when Balendin had visited. Maybe he was a self proclaimed ruler. That could not be. If he had no real power, Morpheus would not have bothered replying to his request. Balendin would have to ask his wife about the situation.

"I am positive he lived there. I happen to know one of his students. I have not seen her in a while, but if I come across her; I will ask if she can help you out in any way."

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
She sat there still confused. Certainly there couldn't have been another mage... could there? She decided to leave it in the back of her head, and investigate as soon as she got the chance. She saw him pay with two large golden coins, the likes of which she had never seen. She saw them and suppressed the urge to snatch them. Old habits die hard it would seem, once a thief always a thief.
Bal told Reina of one of terradagger's apprentices, and that he would put in a good word with her, given the chance. Reina nodded at him and smiled.
I would appreciate that. Thank you.
She closed her eyes and continued her smile.
And thank you for the lunch as well.
She followed her comment with a stretch of her arms above her head for a second before dropping them down again. She crossed her legs and folded her hands into her lap, listening to anything he might have to say. She was in no hurry to go anywhere, though the chair was becoming slightly uncomfortable.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
Balendin stood up and readjusted his chainmail shirt then checked to make sure his blades were properly situated. He guess it was about time for Reina and him to part ways. Then again, maybe not. Balendin was curious about her. She was on this journey for power, but how strong was she now? There was one way he could test her power if she was up for it.

"You must be able to defend yourself if you travel the worlds. Would you care for a spar? Not to the death, of course, just a fight to test our combat prowess against each other. Such an event could cause both of us to end up a little bruised and battered so I would understand if you do not want to risk it."

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
Did he say... spar? The comment caught her off guard, and it actually took her a minute to think about it. She stood up and stood in her usual thinking pose. She'd never fought anyone with actual skill before, maybe it would be for the better.
Alright. But let's go somewhere where we can fight openly. I doubt the owner of this place would appreciate us fighting in his establishment.
She smiled a little, it was an attempt at humor, something she needed more of lately. Sometimes the only thing keeping her going even. She stood up and rotated her neck a little, it was feeling stiff since she had only just awakened recently. Just thinking about it though caused her to let out a small yawn.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
"Probably be for the best. The poor man gets enough damage done to his bar when the evening comes and the drinking begins."

Balendin yelled into the kitchen where the bar tender had disappeared to.

"Thank you for the meal. Give my best regards to your daughters."

The man returned and wished him a good day. The man had three daughters. When Balendin had been here before he had tried his hardest to get Balendin to notice one of his daughters. He was always trying to marry his daughters off for some reason. Balendin was not really sure why the hurry. If they were all married and gone; he would have no one to help him work the bar. Balendin was surprised he had not brought one out to serve the meal. Maybe he had successfully married all of them off or maybe with Reina present he had thought better of it. Whatever the reason, it had worked out fine for Balendin.

Balendin led Reina out of town and to the clearing where he had been previously practicing. It was a good spot. It was not to far away from the town and not to close as to have people stumbling by and getting caught in the cross fire. Also Balendin's Shepard friend Christophe's house was only a short walk away which was where Balendin planned on heading to next.

Balendin walked away from Reina until there was a 15 foot space between them and then turned around to face her.

"This should be a sufficient spot. Feel free to attack when you are ready."

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
Reina followed the man out of the bar, and through the streets, until they reached a spot far away from any civilians and spectators. Reina examined the area carefully, for the first most important rule of combat was to know your surroundings. While analyzing the area, Balendin expressed that this is where he desired to spar. He seemed to offer her the first move, but that was something she didn't do often, so she wasn't sure what to open with. Instead she looked at him and answered in a firm voice.
Making the first move would be most unkind, as you were my host today, I should allow you the first move.
She smirked slightly, and her ear twitched a bit. Though an obvious ruse it was, she was hoping he wouldn't notice. She was mostly concerned about not being able to act at first, since she knew full well her moves were a bit predictable to anyone who knew her... Especially her physical ones. But she also was curious, how strong was this man? Surely he was more seasoned than she, he seemed to radiate as much at the least. She drew her staff, and braced herself for an oncoming attack, focusing her mind on dodging.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
Balendin sighed internally in his mind. She was going to play this game was she? Things would be easier if she just attacked first. Now he would have to expend the energy to close the gap between them, but another reason was that he was hoping that he could keep this a defensive fight on his part. The reason being that he did not like hitting woman. It felt wrong to him. Maybe it was because his father had drilled it into his head that under no circumstances should a man hit a woman. He had fought woman before and ended the lives of any who stood against him on the battlefield, but that was war and you could not hold always hold to your principles out there. If Reina could just attack him first; this would just be easier for him to fight back. Well it seemed like he was going to have to make the first move, so he might as well start simple.

Balendin charged forward. He faked a punch with his right fist at Reina's head and swiped his right leg around trying to knock her legs out from under her.

Back to top Go down

Reina_W
Reina saw the first punch coming from a mile away. It didn't occur to her this might be a feint, so she sidestepped the blow, only to get sweep kicked and lose her balance. She landed on her back and got the wind knocked from her lungs.
Oof!...
She turned her head in pain, and rubbed the back of her head with her left hand.
Owwww.... That hurt you big meanie.
She laid on the ground squinting from the blow, as well as the bright sunlight in her eyes. She let her head fall again, and rolled to face her assailant slightly, for her tail was falling asleep under her own weight.
I thought this was a practice match...
She said to him with a look of irritation.
Now I'm gunna have a mark there...
She reached her left hand up at him, expecting him to help her up.

Back to top Go down

Balendin8
Certainly not the reaction Balendin had been expecting. On the off chance that his plan managed to work he figured that Reina would jump to her feet as soon as she recovered or maybe counterattack. He certainly did not expect her to do what she did. His eldest sister would have threw a spell at him and his other older sister would have produced that cudgel she somehow managed to hide on her person and give him a few good whacks. His wife would probably somehow make a plant attack him or smack him with those weird triple nun-chucks she had. Anyway now he felt guilty. Maybe he took spars a little to seriously.

No. Certainly not. She wanted to gain power to do what needed to be down. She had some reason to fight and, even if Balendin did not know what it was exactly, he would be doing her no favors treating her any differently from any other sparing opponent. He had given that Blake kid a number of hard whacks with his fist and the flat of his sword. He did not do it because he wanted to beat on him, but so the kid could improve. If she was going to gain this power she was seeking, she would face far worse challenges and likely far worse pain. As such, Balendin ignored her hand.

"Practice this may be, but remember practice prepares us for real life situations. An enemy trying to kill you would have ended your life a while ago as you lay on the ground and certainly would not help you up. Come now. Let us see you fight back."

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top