roleplay
Latest topics
What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
October 26th 2017, 10:55 am
DarkGodRasul

Land Of Twilight - A Legend Of Zelda Roleplay
October 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Josh Dragovalor

The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]
October 21st 2017, 1:37 pm

Steamhunter
October 20th 2017, 8:25 am

Dragonball Legacy
October 14th 2017, 5:54 pm

Staff
Updates
11.1.2017 - Kingdom Hearts RP is now closed. We'd like to thank everyone who invested time on the site for contributing to a wonderful experience which lasted for many years. All stories must eventually end, but while this may seem bittersweet, it can't be stressed enough what a pleasure it was to create and share them with you all. Goodbye everyone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newo
yey or ney

something that was brought up in staff chat and i figured i'd ask the site cos why not

i was thinking maybe making like world ambassadors or something. so you're just part of the government and specialize in inter-world affairs but if there are inter-world wars you become defacto commander and chief until it's concluded

just an idea but if you guys prefer the old school world leaders or no world leaders at all feel free to voice opinions and thoughts

Back to top Go down

Galter
MAG : 1
Well, the Worlds would technically have a government set in place already (At least, most of them do), so I say let people become World Leaders, but only if they can overcome the systems already in place there. Something along the lines of letting them issue a formal challenge to the current World Leader, who, if they are an NPC, would be controlled by a staff-recognized proxy.

Back to top Go down

Olek
i want it, not really specific to how.

ambassadors is cool, kings and stuff were always cool to meet tho; ngl.

Back to top Go down

Camilia
MAG : 2
I don't really care if we do or don't. If we do, then yeah, it'd be cool to meet people who rule worlds again. But if we don't, then its no big deal.

Back to top Go down

Newo
Galter wrote:Well, the Worlds would technically have a government set in place already (At least, most of them do), so I say let people become World Leaders, but only if they can overcome the systems already in place there. Something along the lines of letting them issue a formal challenge to the current World Leader, who, if they are an NPC, would be controlled by a staff-recognized proxy.

yeh for clarification that's the traditional world leader set up

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
I would say yes, because I think its cool. But at the same time, another part of me is saying that it disrupts the natural balance of the world, due to someone from another world being in control. Thats just the way I see it.

Back to top Go down

Felonix
MAG : 8
I think it works as far as a story telling element. I don't think it's a requirement by any means, but I do believe some good story lines have come from World Leaders.

As far as the balance, I agree that it should make sense within the world. Certain worlds like Pridelands and Deep Jungle don't really make a lot of sense due to pre-established lore, but Radiant Gardens, Twilight Town, TWTNW, Disney Castle all kind of lend themselves to that role.

Back to top Go down

Iraeika
It could be good, and I have very little real input. I would allow it, though I agree that it's something that should be earned, preferably as naturally as possible.
As an alternative, I would point out that most people aren't aware of other worlds, so perhaps it might be better to assign leaders to organizations within those worlds (government or otherwise) that -are- aware and deal with external politics without drastically altering the state of the host world (unless well justified, ofc).

Just my two cents.

MP: 25 | FP: 3

Back to top Go down

Annalise
MAG : 10
Ney

Back to top Go down

Hugo Dupont
MAG : -
Yep.
As long as there is some kind of relevant process for getting the world, and they're not handed out as easily as they have been.

Back to top Go down

Gemini
idc

Back to top Go down

Jojo
MAG : -
ney

Back to top Go down

Galter
MAG : 1
Galter wrote:Well, the Worlds would technically have a government set in place already (At least, most of them do), so I say let people become World Leaders, but only if they can overcome the systems already in place there. Something along the lines of letting them issue a formal challenge to the current World Leader, who, if they are an NPC, would be controlled by a staff-recognized proxy.

Newo wrote:yeh for clarification that's the traditional world leader set up

In that case, good- Just do that, then.

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
Felonix wrote:As far as the balance, I agree that it should make sense within the world. Certain worlds like Pridelands and Deep Jungle don't really make a lot of sense due to pre-established lore, but Radiant Gardens, Twilight Town, TWTNW, Disney Castle all kind of lend themselves to that role.

Yeah basically only Disney Town/Disney Castle and original worlds should have world leaders. People in these worlds are already aware of other worlds, and they don't have pre-established lore. So yey, only if its in Disney Town/Disney Castle and original worlds.

Back to top Go down

Mia
yey

Back to top Go down

Felonix
MAG : 8
Kitanai wrote:
Felonix wrote:As far as the balance, I agree that it should make sense within the world. Certain worlds like Pridelands and Deep Jungle don't really make a lot of sense due to pre-established lore, but Radiant Gardens, Twilight Town, TWTNW, Disney Castle all kind of lend themselves to that role.

Yeah basically only Disney Town/Disney Castle and original worlds should have world leaders. People in these worlds are already aware of other worlds, and they don't have pre-established lore. So yey, only if its in Disney Town/Disney Castle and original worlds.

I wouldn't necessarily say it should be limited that much. Worlds like Port Royal, The Grid (essentially ruled by whoever becomes the MCP), Halloween Town etc. all had some form of government shown in the source material, and sometimes in the games. But worlds like Dwarf Woodlands wouldn't really make sense since the world is essentially a house and a sprawling forest. A world like Pridelands COULD make sense, as that had a government as well, but unless it could be well explained (considering the government was a Monarchy) without changing the original lore, it wouldn't make sense in the context of a world leader taking over. Same goes for Land of Dragons as a Dynasty.

But then again this is an RP site based on a game where keys defeat dark creatures to create a heart shaped moon for 13 husks to all become the same person because time travel destined it, so I suppose anything is possible lol.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top