(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Agnes
MAG : 8
Well that was one way to spend a day. Definitely not the first thing that Agnes had in mind. Breaking rules, making promises she didn’t intend to keep, and overall really throwing off her flow. Thankfully, the islands had a nice little bar to help take off the edge, themed as it may be to suit the island flair. But a bar was a bar, and the fruity concoctions that it served still alcohol. Hopefully they had some of that cinnamon whiskey beside all that fruity nonsense. There was a moment where she paused to wonder if she'd be seeing any of her new 'companions'.

Weaving her way through the streets close to dusk, Agnes made her way to the little establishment. An open tiki bar that had no walls and a thatch roof. Already, the tall torches were lit, offering additional light to the one provided by the setting sun. It was nice, she’d give them that. But compared to the magnificent structures and taverns back home, this was pitiful. Every drink was suited for human tastes, but… Agh. She digressed.

A small crowd had gathered around the place, their children flocking the beach and playing. It was such a family friendly place, not just the bar, but the whole world, that it left her with a rather bitter taste in her mouth. Something that she had full intention of curing.

Taking the closest available seat to the bartender, Agnes tapped the counter to get her attention. Pretty young thing with blond highlights and a large purple flower tucked into her hair. Her soft, welcoming smile would have been enough to melt the heart of any weak-willed man. “And what might I get you tonight?” She asked in a smooth tone. But it was rehearsed. That might Agnes could tell.

Taking a peek at the selection that was displayed on the shelves behind the bartender, Agnes grinned, sighing out in relief. “That one.” She said, pointing a lazy finger toward it, forcing the woman to turn and see which one she meant. “Mix it however you like, so long at it has that in it.”

"You got it!" With a nod, the woman was off.

(Words: 366)

STR ---- 8 || CON ---- 6  || AGI ---- 5  || SYN ---- 3 || MAG ---- 8
Fire || Earth || Aero || Metal || Thunder

Back to top Go down

Felonix
One bar. After all his time on this island filled with faux 'Luxury Resorts' and 'Caribbean Themed Living' and 'Fun Around Every Corner', there was only one bar. Now, that's not to say there was only one bar in the entire world. But to the Empty Steward, there had been only one bar since he arrived. The only bar that had it.

An 18 year old Single Malt Scotch that had no rhyme or reason to be here in this Tiki Bar filled with tiny umbrellas and flavored vodkas. Perhaps a crate of it washed up on shore and they snagged it for themselves? Perhaps an ordering error by an errant manager who no longer worked there? Who knew. All Felonix cared about was the fact that this was one of the last bars in the known Universe that kept it on their shelf. Otherwise, he probably would have left this island long ago.

He had been sitting at the bar mostly, drinking his Scotch neat, hoping for repose from that screechy voiced kid and the band of misfits she had rounded together into a "guild". The bartender had stopped making conversation with him nearly an hour ago, and finally turned her attention to a newcomer with a familiar voice asking her for "that one" on the shelf. He turned just enough to see the face of Zippo, the fiery mage who had insulted him on the beach. Shit.. He thought as he turned his attention back to his drink. Out of all the bars on these forsaken islands, and she choses my one bar..

The voice of his long gone Head Scientist and last known friend Anse rang throughout his head. Try to be friendly Sir. It'll get lonely out there. He gently shook his head, trying to drown out the sound of his lost companion's voice, but still it remained. Finally, he mentally conceded. Fine he thought, arguing to himself. But you gotta leave me alone the rest of the night. I ain't tryna drag up this shit again. He turned his head, just enough that she should know his attention was now on her, struggling to sound.. pleasant as he spoke, an emptiness remaining in his voice.

So... Zippo... ... ... Come here often?

(Edit: Word Count - 375)

Last edited by Felonix on March 13th 2017, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Agnes
Haven gotten her drink, Agnes was content with simply sipping on it while gazing out upon the fiery hued ocean. It was something that, in a way, Agnes was accustomed to. Gazing out over the hazy desert, the heat caused the scenery to wave. True, the desert heat and the ocean waves had two different appearances altogether, but the elemental managed to draw a similarity between them and take comfort in it.

That was, at least, until the unsettling feeling of being watched drew her attention away from the scenery and off towards her admirer. The old man from earlier. Damn. Did he really have to come to this bar, of all bars? This hardly seemed like his type of place as it was. Turing not much more than her eyes to face him, she heard him speak. Not only did it sound forced, but was he trying to make.. small talk? Agnes didn’t whether she wanted to chuckle at his attempt to be friendly or grimace at the fact that he was what appeared to be flirting.

“No, actually. First time here. Don’t come to the islands often. Too much… water.” Once more her eyes trailed over to the ocean. After a handful of seconds, she turned on her stool to fully face the man, crossing one leg over the other and a drink in her hand. Sipping on it, she returned the question. “What about you? Have a thing for late-night bar hopping or something?” If they were going to be in this same “guild” or whatever, Agnes may as well make nice with her new playmates while she was among them.

(Words: 274)

Back to top Go down

Felonix
"Too much... water." Felonix muttered a quick Mmm and nodded at her statement, neither agreeing or disagreeing as he turned his attention back to his drink. A small, awkward silence passed between the two and he couldn't decide which was worse: the awkward silence or the inevitable yapping of JoJo voicing her 'wonderful' ideas. Finally, Agnes spoke again, asking why he'd be here. He responded with a small chuckle and a smirk while placing two fingers out over the bar.

Yeah, ya know? Can't get enough of them steel drums and tiki torches. He finished his drink as the bartender brought the single malt back for a refill. She had turned to walk away, but the he had a different idea. Liz.. She turned, a small bit of shock that he had addressed her. Leave the bottle please. She paused a moment before placing the bottle next to his glass and walking to another customer on the opposite side of the bar. When in Rome he thought, referring to Agnes turning her full attention to him. He turned towards her, grabbing the bottle of scotch and holding it out for her to see.

Truth be told, it's for this right here. This is the last of three bars in the known universe that carry this. The owner of the one in The World That Never Was is a prick and I may or may not be allowed back in the Agrabah bar.. He paused, taking a drink of the scotch with his left hand before continuing, his grin approaching the edge of his mouth again. Never really went back to find out. Nonetheless, that leaves one bar for me to find it, as deplorable as it may be. Been 2 years now and they ain't banned me yet.

The slight smile he had disappeared as he raised an eyebrow, looking back at Agnes. I'd offer to share some with ya if ya hadn't been such a bitch back there on the beach.

So much for 'Friendly'

(Edit: Word Count - 336)

Last edited by Felonix on March 13th 2017, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Agnes
The fact that General One-Eye knew the bartender by name showed clearly just how often the poor, lonely man came here. Drinking his problems away, was he? That wasn’t surprising. When the bottle was presented to her, Agnes looked it over and sipped on her glass.

“Sounds like we have some bars to crash.” She said with a smirk, staring into the bottom of her glass. “You may not be able to go in, but I sure as hell can. Could swipe all that scotch for you. Would definitely love to visit a bar in Agrabah. Desert is the perfect place for me, as it were.” She spoke while Felonix took a drink, and listened when he continued.Turning in her chair to face him and crossing one leg over the other, Anges took on a relaxed pose with her elbow draped over the back of the seat. “Damn. So you really do like your tiki torches…” She jabbed, grinning once again as she sipped on her whiskey.

Felonix’s last quip had her pause mid-drink, blink at him, and resist spurting the alcohol all over the man. Slapping a hand over her lips, she gulped hard and continued to laugh out. “Keep yer scotch, old man. Hahah.” Sitting back once again in her chair, she grinned at him. “I prefer the stuff that burns, anyhow. But I’d say you were asking for it, ya? Yelling at some kid like some grouchy old man. Poor taste, ya know?” Turning back to the bar, she set the empty glass there and waited for the refill. “I’m only what I need to be. If that’s a bitch, then so be it.”

(Words: 280)

Back to top Go down

Felonix
She jabbed at him for liking Tiki torches and offered to help him rob the bar in Agrabah that had wronged him. Didn't sound like a bad idea, if he was being honest. She had only started laughing though after he insulted her. As she relaxed and leaned back, she told him how it was poor taste to yell at JoJo on the beach. After a moment, he laughed as well with her. A gentle laugh the nobody had perfected faking throughout the years. Her empty glass on the counter, Felonix slid the bottle of scotch to her. Go ahead Zippo, you won't be disappointed.

He leaned back himself after passing the liquor to his party member, one hand resting around the glass of scotch, the other behind his head as he spoke again.

I suppose I was a bit hard on the kid back there.. He stared off, as if staring through the wall behind the bar as he rationalized his thoughts. She just don't get it though.. ya know? I get it, she's young. She thinks it's fun and games, like a.. a video game or some shit. Absentmindedly, he began raising the scotch to drink, but stopped and swirled it in a circular motion around the glass. Hell, I don't even know if she understands the concept of death. Darksides are no laughing matter, and there's much worse in these worlds than those. It's one thing to get herself killed.. It's another thing to take others down with you.

His smile having faded towards the beginning of his statement, he turned his attention towards the drink in his hand, then towards Agnes' glass. He held his glass out to her, a smirk rising again on his face, offering a toast to the mage with a hint of a joke in his voice.

To keeping the damn kid alive.

(Edit: Word Count - 311)

Last edited by Felonix on March 13th 2017, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Agnes
Hearing the light laughter that joined her was welcoming. A curious gaze was cast his was as the bottle slid in her direction. Cocking a brow, a grin graced her lips and Agnes took the bottle into her hand. “Alright then. Don’t mind if I do.” She said with a rather cheery posture and poured herself a glass. “And if I must be Zippo, then you gotta deal with being General One-Eye, though I’ll settle for just General.” She cast him a side-long glance and smirked. Mirroring him, she leaned back in her seat and took a drink. This wasn’t bad in the least… Agnes had to admit that the old man had good taste.

“I understand you completely. But children are free spirits, wont to do as they please. The only times I’ve come across the rational thinking ones, are the ones that have faced a hard reality. Good parenting can avoid such events, for better or worse.” The elemental spoke as Felonix paused to swirl his drink. “It’s likely she doesn’t quite understand such concepts, or what evils lurk in the worlds. And with it being as peaceful a world as it is, it’s likely that even her parents are all that well acquainted with the concepts, though I sure hope they understand it better than a child. So it’ll be up to us to teach her the harsher truths of life and reality.” Agnes stared blankly at the bottles that decorated the bar’s wall, her glass placed just against her lip.

Seeing Felonix move from the corner of her eye, she turned her head to see him toasting. Smiling back, she raised her glass. “Here, here.” She said before taking a big drink. The burn that slipped down her throat was pleasant, strong, and had Agnes taking a second look at the label to check who the maker was.

(Words: 312)

Back to top Go down

Felonix
He drank as Agnes did, accepting his toast. Setting the glass down on the counter, he laughed in his mind as she checked the label. Glad it burns well enough for you he teased. Maybe this guild wasn't such a bad idea.. Anse did always...

His train of thought was cut short as in that instant, a large forearm belonging to an even larger islander shot into view, grabbing the bottle of scotch by the neck. Don't mind if I do then. Leaving his scotch on the counter, Felonix grabbed the wrist of the man before he could pull the bottle away, his smile shifting into the gritted teeth of a well trained soldier on a war path. Slowly, he turned his head to address the local.

Private party asshole. Why don't you go get some Kahlua, Kahuna? Time stopped in the bar, including Felonix, as he took in his surroundings. The stranger easily had 200 pounds on him, but it was doubtless any of it was muscle. The left side of his face was covered in some sort of Tribal tattoo. Before the freeze, a look of rage was rising throughout his chubby facial features.

Just behind the man, Felonix noticed three more coming their way. Another large man like the first, and two who were well built, but looked as though they did nothing but surf all day. The only similarity was the Tribal Tattoo on the left side of their faces. One of the smaller had begun to grab a pool cue, the other a bar stool. The second of the larger men looked as though his only plan was to sit on one of them.

The last thing he noticed was the concerned look on Liz's face behind the bar, showing she clearly hadn't mentally prepared herself for her shift to end this way.

Time unfroze, feeling instantaneous to all involved, as Felonix stood, twisting the man's wrist, pulling it away from the bottle of scotch and pushing it into his chest. Felonix pushed his weight into the man, knocking him back close enough to his buddies for them to catch him. He turned his attention to Agnes, the small gang moving up on them now.

Yer up Zip!

(Words: 373)

Last edited by Felonix on March 15th 2017, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot almost all formatting)

Back to top Go down

Agnes
There was a cheery smirk on her lips as the elemental turned to face Felonix, but it soon faltered back to its typical straight appearance. A large forearm shot its way into Agnes’s immediate vision and its owner attempted to grab the bottle from her hand. Should her drinking companion have not sprung quickly to action, she would most definitely have given that greedy bastard the what for.

Setting the bottle itself on the counter between their two glasses, Agnes got to her feet. Felonix’s quip had her smirking once again, and she chuckled. “Only enough in this bottle for two, you see. When it comes to you, however…” She trailed off, looking the man up and down in a critical fashion. His two companions were grabbing their tools of choice, and Agnes couldn’t help but feel as though they were the ones that were going to feel it in the morning. “You could drink it all in one sitting, couldn’t you Tubby?”

Felonix stood from his seat in that moment, the entirety of the bar seeming to take a deep breath, and many of them taking wide steps back, especially when the man was tossed back into his friends. The elemental was content with just letting the General handle it, but gave her the cue to jump in.

“All right.” She stepped from the batter’s box to the plate with a wide, excited grin on her lips. “You asked for it!” Before Tubby could properly regain his footing, Agnes wound up her fist and struck at his stomach with a heavy swing. The man coughed out, obviously in pain. The two that help him up had no choice but to drop him due to the force. Sweeping her feet into position, she took an offensive stance. Both men began swinging at her. The one with the pool cue even attempted to jab at her with it. She dodged that one, gripping it in her hand with the intent to tear it from the man’s grasp.

The stool that was wielded by the other was soon sent crashing alongside the elemental’s head, and rather than tug the cue from them, she sent it ablaze. Unintentional, of course, but enough to frighten the man the held it into letting it go. It soon turned to ash, floating to the floor among the shattered bits of the stool.

“Now look what you’ve gone and done. You’ve performed malicious destruction of property. And on a lady, no less. Tsk tsk… Have you no shame?” Allowing her head to flop to the side in a mildly unsettling manner, Agnes presented to them a grin. A light stem of red mixed in with her fiery locks, the blow to her head opening up a minor wound. “Ayy, General? You wanna teach these ungentlemanly cretins how to properly behave in a public establishment?”

(Words: 479)

Back to top Go down

Felonix
Oh shit! He thought, watching the stool crash over Zippo's head. She's a tough sonuvabitch to take that and still be standing. He smirked as she re-invited him to join in the foray. Sarcasm dripping off his tongue and feigning a Cockney British accent, he delightfully responded.

Why, it would be an honor m'lady. She had already given the two twigs a bit of a fright, and Sumo was still regaining his balance. Tweedle-Tub, however, had gone beyond using bar stools and pool cues to fight, instead choosing his rather large body as a weapon. He looked at Felonix and grinned, hitting himself in the chest twice with his hand as if he was charging a power move. With the veracity of a bull chasing a Torero, the over-sized man lowered his head and charged Felonix at full speed, past his friends and Agnes. Without much time to respond, the Empty Steward placed his hands out, 'catching' the man by the shoulders. Without firm footing, Felonix slid back, staying upright until inevitably crashing into the bar. The hit knocked the wind out of him for a moment as tubby raised himself up again, this time bringing both of his meaty hands above his head to crash them down on the temporarily stunned Nobody.

Still slightly dazed and certain he probably had a broken rib, Felonix watched the man grip his hands together in a balled fist. As the downward motion began, he stepped to his right, the rush of the arms barely flying past him. Missing the mark, the only noise that could be heard was the sound of flesh hitting a wooden bar counter.. and the shattering of glass.

As if in slow motion, Felonix turned and looked at where the man's hands had landed. Shards of glass now protruded from the meat hooks, as blood slowly poured out and mixed with a heavenly smelling liquid now flowing freely on the counter.. Scotch. Rage built in Felonix as he turned to face Fatty the Destroyer.

You've done fucked up reaaal bad son. He began to grin as his left hand grabbed what remained of the top of the shattered bottle. You've given me a real excuse now.

Placing his elbows on the bar counter, he raised himself, kicking the man's stomach with all his force. Despite his size, this had the dual effect of clearing all of the air out of his lungs and pushing him back. As soon as his feet hit the ground, Felonix rushed the man, grabbing the back of his head with his right hand and stabbing his stomach with the broken bottle in his left. Due to the size of the man and the shortness of the broken bottle, he wasn't going to hit a vital organ. But he'd definitely need stitches at the end of it. With full control of his body, after six or seven good stabs, Felonix shunted into his chest, knocking him back into a table and narrowly missing the patrons that had been sitting there. As they fled, Felonix grabbed the first thing he could from the nearest table, a nearly full bottle of rum, and threw it as hard as he could at the large man's face. The glass shattered, shards filling his face and rum pouring over his body. A twisted idea entered his mind as he nodded to his companion, passing the torch to Agnes once more to finish this bastard off.

Back to top Go down

Agnes
Agnes was content with snuffing out a few of the flames that burned on the tiki torches and consuming them for energy. This further dimmed the area as the sun had already set. It was a quick fix to the major headache she was experiencing, and was enough to glaze over the pain. The more muscly of the trio was hot on her tail, following uncomfortably close and likely would have if the sound of shattering glass didn’t sweep through the area. Both he and Agnes turned a curious eye to see what had happened. The elemental quirked a brow to see that the bottle of scotch had been decimated.

Slowly shaking her head, clicking her tongue, Agnes placed her hands on her hips. “Now you’ve done it.” She reiterated Felonix’s statement. When it seemed as though their bulky compadre was going to intervene, Agnes snatched the back of the man’s tank top and pulled back. He was sent flying into a nearby supporting column that kept the roof of the bar situated in place. Knocking his thick skull against the dense wood, the man was safely presumed unconscious, and left the elemental available to direct her attention to her drinking partner.

He nodded at her with a rather dangerous grin, one that she couldn’t help but mimic. He was out for blood, and was giving her the honor of drawing it. Which was an offer she wasn’t going to pass up. Agnes’ relaxed evening was tarnished due to these miserable men, and they needed to be made an example off. Immediately.

Striding over the where Felonix and the badly injured man were, a smirk spread across her lips. “Damn, you’re hurt pretty bad, huh Tubby?” She asked, chuckling a bit. In her pocket there was a defiant shuffling, but nothing that couldn’t be ignored. “I don’t see you coming back from this. Why don’t we put you out of your misery, hm?” Reaching her hand out, Agnes firmly grasped the man’s face in her palm. His eyes widened, filled with terror and understanding. This was the end for him, and there was no escape.

Her hand glowing like embers, a fire soon blazed. The man’s muffled screams resounded throughout that little bar, and it brought a sickening satisfying feeling to the elemental. It wasn’t something that she got to experience often, being the protector that she was, but every once in awhile, some… violent protecting was necessary. The screams steadily draw silent, and a control fire consumed his body. Not even bones were left as he turned to ash.

“Heheheh…  He won’t be causing anyone any more problems. Ashes to ashes, fucker.”

Back to top Go down

Felonix
Felonix grinned as Agnes picked up on his cue, a Darkness that he hadn't felt in a long time building up inside him. He would be lying if he said that watching tubby burn first to a crisp then to ash wasn't satisfying. With the Fatass burned and one of the two twigs unconcious, his attention turned to the final asshole who decided to ruin their night. Wait, he thought, wasn't there 4 of these pricks? He discarded the thought. Either he counted wrong, one had run away, or there were more dead than he thought. No matter. All that stood between him and redemption now was one last asshole.

And Agnes wasn't going to get to have all the fun.

He began walking towards the final thug, who had now begun to back away from him. Civilians scattered out of the duo's way, leaving a clear path to the back wall. He stammered, nearly falling as he bumped into tables and debris all over the floor, his hands in front of his body as if that would stop the Forgotten General.

What.. What the hell.. You two.. You're fuckin' monsters! Felonix grinned, closing in on the man who had now backed himself as far as he could into the wall. He stopped with about 3 feet between him and Blondie, the faint wisp of a dark portal forming around his right hand.

Monsters? He cracked a half-assed smile, looking the man dead in the eyes. Nah. We're the Nightmares your monsters run from. The man convulsed for a moment as Burning Rage appeared in Felonix's hand, the blade materializing plunged through the man's chest. About a foot of the blade plunged into the wall on the other side of Blondie's body, permanently pinning him. He coughed, blood splattering from his mouth.

Ah ah ah, I ain't done with you yet. Dark smoke began to emanate from Felonix, feeding into the target trapped halfway up his blade. He felt the darkness enter him, sustaining his life to suffer pinned on the over-sized Buster Sword. The 20-something year old punk stared at Felonix, a look in his eye pleading for it to be over.

I recognize that look.. He said blankly, speaking calmly now to the young thug. You want to die. You want it to be over. I know, because I see that look every time I look in a mirror. The man's veins began to show, Darkness coursing through them as Felonix spoke, losing himself to his words. But you're too young to die like this..

Let's fix that.

Dark wisps of smoke began to pour from Felonix's eyes, trailing to the side as his Pupil's darkened. A dark energy traveled through the darkness that was now seeping from the half-dead punk. A time energy that Felonix himself had never tapped into up until this point. In what felt like an eternity, but lasted only a few seconds, the boy in front of Felonix began aging, from 20 to 30, 30 to 40, 40 to 50 and so on. Wrinkles appeared in his face as his body began consuming itself, feeling as though it had lived for years impaled on the edge of Felonix's blade. The color in his hair faded as his skin turned from tan to pale, the responsiveness in his eyes dissipating. He reached out a hand in an effort to beg Felonix to stop, but the General was too far gone. His long Silver hair flowed behind him in a stunningly terrifying display of Dark Time energy.

The punk's aged and outstretched hand faltered for a moment, before the tips of his fingers began to crumble into dust. Slowly his hand began to collapse, then his arm and shoulder. Almost immediately, the terrified look of death on his face, the rest of his body collapsed, the rapid aging turning him from a fit young man into a decrepit pile of soot. His blade now free of the scum, the darkness that had consumed him began to dissipate, his stature returning to normal.

And Dust to Dust. He said, playing off of Agnes' earlier words.

He pulled Burning Rage from the wall where the now pile of dust had been pinned and turned, immediately falling to one knee. He hadn't realized how much energy that had taken out of him, but it sure as hell didn't feel good. He stabilized himself using the sword as he overheard Liz from behind the bar.

That's right, a Red Head and.. Yes, 2 people are dead.. Yes please come soon!

Fuck, he thought, realizing him and Zippo had definitely outdone themselves. He carelessly threw his free hand to the left of him, opening a dark portal. He stood slowly, staggering as he tried to keep his balance. His already deep voice was even low, almost tired and slightly out of breath.

Come on Zip, time to go.

Back to top Go down

Agnes
The concept of time wasn't entirely foreign to the elemental, but where she came from, it was a rare art to possess. She stared with wide eyes as the General began to age the strapping young fellow into an age so old, he turned to dust. Maybe that was why such a young looking man acted like he was climbing over seventy.

His continuation of her phrase left Agnes smiling, on the other hand. Until she saw just how much Felonix's actions took out of him, that was. Moving to stand next to him in the off chance that Felonix needed that extra support, the elemental heard the bartender's concerned voice reporting them to what she assumed were the authorities. The logical choice for those without the power to protect themselves, but one that the poor girl would find proved futile in the end.

The General called out to her, and Agnes turned those emerald eyes to him, nodded her head, and draped his arm over her shoulder. "Alright gramps. Take it easy, eh?" She jested with him, taking him on though the portal that he managed to form. Those really came in handy, and unfortunately, it wasn't something that Agnes managed to master. Shifting the General once more, she passed into the unsettling darkness that composed the portal and into the unknown. Wherever they ended up, Agnes hoped it was warm.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top