(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kitanai
MAG : 2
On a calm morning, Kitanai walked through a silent Central Square on the stone roads with a serious unwelcoming face - an expression he often shows. With his hands in his pocket, his eyes wondered, looking at various posters on the wall, passing them over, disregarding them as having any importance to his goals. But, one poster caught his attention.

"Black Bishop RECRUITING NOW Cold blooded killers wanted," the poster read. Kitanai turned to it and stared for a moment. Hmm what's this about he thought as he searched the poster for a number. Ah there it is, he said as he touched the position of the number on the poster with his right hand. He proceeded to reach into his pocket for with his right hand pulling out his cell phone where he immediately dialed the number.

As the phone ringed he said to himself, Lets see what this "Black Bishop" is about. If there's anything that can get me close to darkness, it has to be this! I can just feel it! I know it!

177 words.
177 words.

Last edited by Kitanai on February 19th 2017, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
His phone rang. Again.

"What the hell?" Belal said, mildly annoyed. Normally, he would not have minded the attention, but he was in the middle of a bath. Additionally, he had been getting so many phone calls recently. He wasn't sure why, but ever since the posters had gone out, everyone had been getting in touch. He'd get to the bottom of it eventually.

As a social media addict, he had his phone nearby. Answering it was only the mildest of inconveniences. But, still. In the bath? Ugh. It was a place for relaxation, not business. Putting down the mischievous, rubber duck he had been playing with, he picked up the phone.

"Hello?" He answered, feigning naive curiosity. From what he knew the caller didn't have any ill intent, so there was no reason to instigate. "May I ask who's calling?"

141 words.
141 words.

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
Lets skip the formalities replied Kitanai immediately while assuming a relaxed position putting his left hand in his pocket. He stared without blinking at the poster, still retaining that serious look. I want to know more about your guild. It seems to strike my interest, but the advertisement is very...vague. But that makes sense, considering that "cold blooded killers" are wanted. Wouldn't want too many people knowing what they are wanted for. Could be...controversial.

Kitanai paused and put his left hand on his chin pondering on what he just said. He then put his hand back in his pocket and continued: Regardless, I'd like you to elaborate on what exactly this guild does, and why "cold blooded killers" are needed for it. If you could do that, that would be great.

131 words.
308 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"Skip the formalities? I'd rather not." He declined, absent-mindedly.

The caller had made an assumption, based on the poster's lack of information, that the guild was intentionally keeping details to themselves. If this were the case, and not Belal's 'less is more' philosophy -- which totally did its job in catching people's attention, mind you -- why would he divulge these secrets to a stranger? Over the phone nonetheless!

"Let's meet up, yeah? What's convenient?" He asked, accommodating the caller. Belal liked to get personal. And Black Bishop wasn't meant to be a group of strangers. The types of people who were inclined to join usually had nothing else to fall back on, Belal included, and he wanted reliable, accountable members.

121 words.
262 words.

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
Kitanai gave an annoyed, yet understanding sigh. Fine. I live in Radiant Garden. We can meet in the Central Square.

Well this should be interesting, thought Kitanai to himself as he began to imagine what it would be like meeting this person on the phone. Is he just a call taker? Is he the leader, a sub-leader? Hmm I guess its useless to make assumptions; might as well just wait and find out.

73 words.
381 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"Perfect!" Belal said, with a chipper voice, ignoring the caller's reluctance.

As a portal opened in central square, Belal scanned the area for any peculiar people. His entrance was not discreet. And, hopefully, it would alert the caller to approach. The heartless had been a bit too eager, so he had forgotten to exchange information, but believed everything would work out for the best.

He stood, two inches above the sixth foot, dressed well in a slim fit suit. Excluding his white dress shirt, the rest of his outfit was primarily black. He was lightly, yet naturally, tan, with strong features. Despite having been in the bath, Belal had made sure his hair had dried before appearing in public. It rested, slightly parted, above his yellow, heartless eyes.

Pulling out his phone, he sent a text to the number that had called.

'I'm here. wya?'

145 words
407 words

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
Kitanai heard some type of warping sound, a sound he did not recognize. He turned around slowly, with his right hand remaining on his cell phone pressed against his here. As he turned he noticed a tall man in a black suit looking around.

This was odd, as Kitanai knew for a fact that he was the only person there this morning. Was that sound the man in the suit?

Hey buddy, you looking for some- and Kitanai was cut off suddenly by the vibration of his phone. Who could be texting him at this time of the morning he thought.

He lowered his arm and looked at his screen, seeing a message from the number on the Black Bishop poster.

I'm here. Where you at?, Kitanai read quietly to himself. He slowly raised his head and glared up at the man in the suit, then he looked back down. Nah, it couldn't be, he said to himself. Then he looked around, searching every nook and cranny for the person who answered his call. He saw no one...Could it be the man in the black suit? It had to be since there was no one else there...unless the text was a lie, and a man appearing out of no where was a coincidence.

Kitaini just assumed the man in the suit was the person he was on the phone with. How did you get here so fast?! exclaimed Kitanai in a tone that expressed a demand for an answer.

249 words.
630 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Looking down at the teenager, Belal opened with a soft smile. He took note of his wavy brown hair, crimson eyes, and childish excitement. It was so refreshing to see someone impressed with the worlds. Talk about first impressions. Belal tried to keep up his energy, but everyone was always so stern and cold. Like, c'mon. Lighten up. Please.

"Sometimes," Belal began, "When I want something, it happens."

Intentionally ominous, he looked around at the empty area. Perfect. No witnesses. This would make their discussion far easier. He didn't need to dilly-dally, or worry about hiding in plain sight, or drugging a bartender.

"So, I'm Belal and I'd like to get right the point. What's your name? And what's your purpose in life?" He asked, remaining cheerful and genuinely interested. The best part of interviews was the anticipation of an answer. He's met some surprising people along the way, and hoped he could score another point. But, if he was dud, then he was a dud. And there's nothing he could do about that.

174 words.
581 words.

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
Kitanai frowned upon the man in the black suit's answer. He didn't buy into the man just "wanting" to appear where he was, and it happening. But judging by a first impression, Kitanai guessed that the man wasn't the type of person to out right tell how he did something anyway, now or anytime soon.

He put his phone in his pocket and continued listening.

Belal was the man in the black suit's name. He talked in an unusually cheerful voice, certainly something you wouldn't expect from a guild of "cold-blooded killers." Is this some type of front he is putting on? thought Kitanai to himself, frowning again. But Kitanai just went along with it.

My name is Kitanai. And my purpose in life is to eliminate darkness so that it does not reach my friends or loved ones. said Kitanai with a serious face. He continued: And what better way to eliminate darkness than to join a guild of cold-blooded killers. I'm assuming that cold-blooded killers are wanted because the types of jobs we take are against the darkest of the dark, the people that normal guilds are terrified of facing, or don't have the mercilessness for going against. And what better way to eliminate darkness than to destroy it at its core.

214 words.
844 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
The boy, Kitanai, sure liked to frown a lot. Everyone interested Black Bishop was always so moody. Where were the party goers? Belal enjoyed the company for now, but he hoped they'd loosen up and not be total buzzkills. At least this one, Kitanai, expressed themselves.

"Right, well..." Belal started, not really sure how to react. This kid sure didn't know about the worlds around him. And despite his goals directly conflicting with Belal's existence, he needed to be educated, didn't he? It was kind of Belal's obligation.

"Couple things. Yeah, we'll totally destroy or maim a dark creature, but we'll also accept one into our guild. Uhm, kind awk, but I'm a heartless? That's, y'know, one of those dark creatures you don't like."

"Also, you can't permanently destroy darkness without destroying everything. With light there's darkness. Yadda, yadda. You need new priorities, hun." He finished, apologetically.

What a poor, lost, dumb, clueless, dumb, ignorant, dumb child. If he could cope with these reality shattering revelations, maybe there was hope for him. If he was purposeless, Black Bishop could help him find one.

183 words.
764 words.

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
Kitanai paused for a while, absorbing the information that Belal said, thinking about it. You have a point, he said. So you're a heartless...that's how you appeared out of nowhere. It all makes sense now.

Kitanai stepped down into the middle of the plaza, where Belal was, awaiting what was next.

51 words.
895 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"So, I guess... you rescind your application?" He asked, unsure of what he was waiting for. Kitanai was the one who had wanted to join. If these reasons put him off, Belal would prefer to know as to continue with his day. No hard feelings. He totally got it. This wasn't for everyone.

But the way he waited there, like, uhm, hello? What was he waiting for? Was there some subtext that the heartless should have understood? Was he just being an angsty, mysterious teenager? Children were so difficult to deal with, he honestly didn't know where to start!

"Or..?"

100 words.
864 words.

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
No, I still want to join Black Bishop, answered Kitanai immediately. If I didn't want to join I would've already left.

Kitanai paused for a second. Now that that's out the way. Am I in or not? he asked while resting his hands in his jacket pocket.

47 words.
942 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Belal, honestly, did not understand this child.

Upon requesting his reason for joining, Kitanai, as he introduced himself, explained his desire to eliminate darkness. With the revelation that you cannot destroy darkness without destroying existence in its entirety, and the leader of Black Bishop being comprised of darkness, you would expect some kind of reaction.

But instead, he accepted the information and then offered nothing. He made a brief comment about how Belal's sudden appearance made sense, but the heartless didn't find that particularly useful? Did he full understand the information? Did he reevaluate his life goals? Belal was asking for a reason. And now that his original one was debunked due to its incorrect presumptions on the meaning of life, Belal would need something to understand this man's goals.

With a small sigh, he squeezed the bridge of his nose. Pushing his hair back, only for his bangs to fall in front of his face again, Belal had some digging to do.

"Uh?" He began, at the Kitanai's desire to join. "Let's go over some things."

"I asked you for your reason to join, which, to be fair, you did give me. Destroy all darkness. But I also told you that didn't work. So, you just accept that? Your big life plans all down the drain now. And you just accept it? Sure, maybe, you're good with taking bad news. Or, maybe, you have some new goals to prioritize, but this entire meeting was so I could understand your goals and values, to determine whether you qualify. Right now? No, you're not in. You haven't given me anything. But, hey, the meeting isn't over yet, so..."

He offered at the end of his monologue, giving the boy an olive branch. He may not have been invited yet, but there was still hope if he learned to comply with the basic, bare minimum requirements that were asked of him. Then again, if he was already this much work, he'd need a spectacular reason to convince the heartless.

The phone in Belal's pocket vibrated.

345 words.
1209 words.

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
Look I'm not your average kid; I am a Radiant Garden scholar, answered Kitanai with another frown.I don't need to go through trial and trial to find out you were right like some protagonist does in a comic book.

Kitanai smirked, which he rarely did. He had a spark of sarcasm, and thought it would be interesting to try to get a reaction out of the heartless. Plus, maybe I accept your offer so easily because I plan to get close to you and kill you, he continued while looking Belal in the eye more intensely.

Then, he gave more a calm smile and looked down. But then how stupid would that be to tell you? The thing is, I could simply accept you're a heartless for many reasons. And, whats life without a little spice? It would be boring if you didn't have to look over your shoulder, unless you're a scared type of person that is.

Kitanai then returned to his serious face, realizing that the little act he put on was more uncomfortable to play than he expected. Anyway, since you want to know so bad. My theory is that darkness gets you closer to darkness, so even if I don't try to kill you, you might lead me to other disciples of the dark. He gave off a sigh. Was that enough?

225 words.
1167 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"See, that's all I wanted!" Belal exclaimed excitedly. It might not have meant much to Kitanai, but he revealed much of his character.

Even though he had been informed, he still showed interest in destroying dark, monstrous creatures. Originally, he had painted himself as an altruistic hero, destroying darkness to keep his friends and family safe. Admittedly, it was a bit self-serving. Maybe he knew better and claiming you wanted to save the universe was a bit much, but Belal chose to accept the distinction as important insight. Darkness only needed to be destroyed if it was a threat to his personal life. He was a selfish. And that was just worthwhile!

Why did he want to destroy darkness? There was always a reason. Whether he was indoctrinated by his culture or experienced a traumatic event which fueled his vengeance. Regardless, Kitanai, despite wanting to destroy darkness, had so much lingering inside of him it was fascinating. Sure he was a bit of a bratty, know-it-all kid, but could you blame him at that age? Those hormones, man. They did some work.

What a brave, young man he was. There was no security in this role. How was he to know the difference from following darkness, to being lead to darkness? It was a brief explanation, but it won Belal over.

"Alrighty, let me check my messages and we'll be on our way to the base."

A flash of light consumed the universe in a brief moment, and Belal felt his contract with Levitica expire. Oh dear he thought to himself. He hated when that happened. He'd have to go speak to the deity soon enough.

Opening his texts, he received a text from Monte. It briefly explained his incoming death, as a flash of light removed all of his power from him. He was too far deep and going to fail his mission. You would think, even as a Nobody, when you died you'd show a little emotion. Like, c'mon, an 'I love you' would've been splendid. With a sigh, he pocked his phone and turned to Kitanai.

"Unfortunately, my investors just backed out. And seeing as they had all the money...this project is a bust. Trust me, I'm as bummed as you are! I was ready to host a party. I even got chips. Anyway, was nice seeing you. There are other guilds to join, so keep looking. I think it'd be worth while to figure out what that flash of light was."

He said with a wink, a portal opening behind the heartless, as he stepped off into the darkness.

436 words.
1645 words.

Back to top Go down

Kitanai
A huge frown arose on Kitanai's face. Was this a joke? Was this heartless really serious? All those thoughts came up in Kitanai's head, and he felt it was honestly a waste of time to explain himself, just to be revealed it had no purpose and it was meaningless.

He clenched his fist and with anger,urgency, and a furious groan, he charged forward to chase after Belal while he was going through the portal.

75 words.
1242 words.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top