roleplay
Latest topics
What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
October 26th 2017, 10:55 am
DarkGodRasul

Land Of Twilight - A Legend Of Zelda Roleplay
October 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Josh Dragovalor

The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]
October 21st 2017, 1:37 pm

Steamhunter
October 20th 2017, 8:25 am

Dragonball Legacy
October 14th 2017, 5:54 pm

Staff
Updates
11.1.2017 - Kingdom Hearts RP is now closed. We'd like to thank everyone who invested time on the site for contributing to a wonderful experience which lasted for many years. All stories must eventually end, but while this may seem bittersweet, it can't be stressed enough what a pleasure it was to create and share them with you all. Goodbye everyone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ana
The once-Mayor of Twilight Town was uneasy.

A creak in the floorboards, a rattle outside... Every noise, every flicker of light from the window sent a jolt down her spine.

She shouldn't have been there.

It wasn't that she wasn't technically allowed, just that she knew that coming back would bring up some emotions and, quite frankly, some anger. Just because some of the other infantile leaders nearly brought about an apocalypse didn't mean that they all should've been axed! Councils and boards are all well and good, but would they protect the Town with their lives like she had done? Hah! Not likely.

So she continued tapping at the keyboard, searching for something, anything she could use to get back what was hers...

Hope had been back in Twilight Town for three days, twelve hours and fifty-three minutes. That was exactly three days, twelve hours and fifty-three minutes too long.

Ana had been watching.

Her job was simple. 'They' had received word that the former Mayor had chartered a ship to take her back to her once residence after ten years away. While not illegal, it was hardly a good sign. Ana was just meant to keep watch and, if the rogue Mayor showed any inclination of acting... foolishly, take care of it. Simple as that.

Slowly but surely, it was looking more and more likely that the soldier would have to take care of it.

She hated these kinds of missions, truthfully. They took too long and watching an idiot scrounging for leverage that she knew wouldn't work was impossibly boring. So she had to make her own fun.

She pressed down upon the floorboard with her toe once again, the creak echoing through the dilapidated mansions halls. A devilish grin flashed across her features as she heard the gasp, followed by attempts to calm oneself down from upstairs - "It's an old, old mansion... it's just the wind!"

A sigh left her lips, it was almost, almost time. She just needed a little bit more, a tiny drop of proof that Hope was going to act out of line before she could pounce without repercussion. Had it been her choice she would've offed her the minute she'd touched down but in times such as these, subtlety and nuance had to prevail.

So she sat down, listening as the ex-Mayor typed and wondering what would provide more satisfaction - a knife through the heart or wringing her scarred neck?

412 words.

Last edited by Ana on February 14th 2017, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"I think we should go for it." Belal whispered to Ana, focused on the woman typing. He had made his move, portaling, when the floor creaked, giving him an ample distraction. He had been following Ana for about as long as Ana had been following Hope. This just happened to be the first time he got his hands dirty. Unless she had gotten sloppy, and he knew she hadn't, he expected Ana to remain composed and aptly assess the situation.

It had been years since they worked together, his admiration for her only growing as he watched her once rigid, tactical pursuit evolve into a captivating demonstration of an apex predator on the hunt. He knew next to nothing about her assignment. Belal had come here for his own, ulterior motives. The quicker she succeeded, the quicker she could pay attention to him. And wasn't that all he wanted? Her attention?

You would think your 'best friend' would keep in touch, but the distance was what drove Belal to her. Especially now, when he needed guidance.

176 words.
176 words.

Back to top Go down

Ana
Was that... a smile?

If it was, it didn't last long. Ana's face twisted into a grimace, before pointedly raising a single finger to her lips. 'Shut up before I shut you up' her eyes said, before turning back to the stairs. While the interruption was most unexpected and, though she would never admit it, quite welcomed it did complicate things. She knew he wasn't here for the same reason as she, and nor would he have been there to help her - he knew better than to think she'd need help.

No, he must've wanted something. That normally would have annoyed her, but luckily for Belal the intrigue of hearing one of his hair-brained cries for help was infinitely more interesting than what she was currently tasked with. Deciding that he was probably right and that she should just go for it, she proceeded to the stairs.

"Wait here," she mouthed, before quickly ascending the stairs.

What happened next was, well, graphic.

Belal would hear a thud, then a scream, cries for help, a slap, a chainsaw? Then another thud, a laugh, a third and final thud and then... silence.

Before she appeared at the top of the stairs once more.

"What do you want Belal?" She said, wiping the last of the blood on to an impossibly white towel.

221 words.
633 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
As Ana moved her hands to her lips, Belal's eyes followed. She shot him her classic glare, reminding him of past missions. When he was a fledgling, a piece of friendly advice she often gave him was to 'stay out of her way'. She was such a charmer.

As Ana mouthed further instruction, he knew better than to disobey her order. While she no longer had authority over his actions, their dynamic had not changed from when she first became his mentor. She showed him the ropes and warned him, should he disobey, she'd hang him herself. While Belal liked chains and whips, ropes were a tad barbaric.

Belal could see her impatience as she dismembered Hope. Everything else had been standard, but the slap? That was a bit much, even for her. Anna was not the type to get so invested. When she finished, he casually made his way down the stairs. By now, she had to be done, right? It would have been be ridiculous for Ana to get upset if he came down now, the mission was clearly over. He loved to rationalize. When he saw her, she was covered in blood, her wet clothes hugging her figure. She didn't have the body she did five years ago, but she still aged well. Very well.

"I love what you've done with the place, An." Belal said, with a warm smile, as the pool of blood crept along, reaching out to the heartless.

245 words.
421 words.

Back to top Go down

Ana
"An-a", she corrected, brushing past him and towards the couch.

"And didn't I tell you to stay still?" She said, while lazing back into the seat. "Bad doggy."

Continuing to wipe the blood off herself (a somewhat pointless endeavour, considering the amount) she began stretching herself out along the lounge, making a complete mess of it in the process. She hadn't seen him in a long while, but he looked much the same. Immature as ever, as far as she could tell, but as always there was something than endeared her to him. She hated that.

"So, what've you been doing with yourself, Bill?" He'd hate that. She smiled.

"Keeping in trouble, I imagine?"

She wanted to know what he was doing there, that was for certain. After all, he hadn't shown up by accident. But they had at least ten minutes before the clean up crew arrived, and why not reacquaint with an old friend? As much as she'd deny it, she did enjoy the Heartless' company, annoying as he was.

172 words.
805 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
As she walked towards the couch, Belal made sure to bask in every moment he could stare at her behind. And he made no motion to hide his wandering eyes. If she were to notice, he'd let out a cheeky smile. Even if he had no romantic interest, it was a necessary to establish their old dynamic. He knew she hadn't changed much, but it was important for her to know that neither had he.

At least, there wasn't an initial romantic interest. But when she began, she called him a 'bad doggy'. The condescending way she spoke to him riled up his primal instincts. There was brief, one-sided tension in the air, before she had to open up her stupid mouth and ruin everything. Bill? Really?

"Oh, my dear, Ana," He replied, dramatically, throwing his head back. "Why must you hurt me so?"

After a beat, he postured himself, returning to his normal chipper demeanor. She had gotten rather comfortable on the couch. Belal could deduce she was interested enough in his business to humor him. Ana was quick enough at making decisions that he had to make a solid pitch. If he approached her incorrectly, he would be shot down.

"So, I'm starting a guild and I would love you to join! For old times." He stated, clapping his hands together. His pitch was boring, but Ana was great at leading discussion. She was also easily annoyed by his antics. He learned to get to the heart of the matter, before she started calling him dastardly names... like Bill.

261 words.
682 words.

Back to top Go down

Ana
Cue eye roll of the millennium.

"A guild?" She mocked, smile returning once more. The idea of her ex-student being in charge of anything was a bit much to say the least. Not that he wasn't capable, it wasn't that. Anyone would be a fool to underestimate the Heartless, even she respected his ability. However power does not often equal maturity, nor does it indicate an ability to lead.

"A guild to do what, Belal?" Her tone was condescending, and perhaps rightfully so. He wasn't the kind of person to be particularly reliable, though she knew he could achieve if he put his mind to it.

Despite her reaction, she'd be lying to say she wasn't the tiniest bit interested. She was bored, the jobs had begun to dry up and if this mission had been an indication of anything it was that what was still around wasn't particularly engaging. Maybe if he had a motive, some kind of goal or plan she could get some stimulation out of the Heartless.

It wouldn't have been the first time.

178 words.
983 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"A guild to do what?" He repeated, a devilish smirk revealing itself. "To do what others cannot, Ana."

He proclaimed to the sky, raising his fist in the air. He triumphantly closed his eyes, bringing his hand down with a slow, thoughtful exhale. He had not expected such a perfect question. But that was the nature of their relationship, she set them up and he knocked them down.

"That was cool, right?" He asked, mildly impressed with himself.

"So, really, that's just the slogan: 'We do what others cannot.' People are gonna love it. It's exclusive. Pretentious. Commanding. But, you know me, don't you? I'm not really a leader. Or a hard worker. Or reliable..." He trailed off, trying to recall his point.

"Anyway, we're a group of mercenaries, yeah? I know, I know, 'been there, done that', but I found these really cool people, with lots of potential, and I think they'll help you find what you're looking for." He said, grateful that she let him speak for so long. He didn't get this opportunity often. But he needed to drive the point home. He needed a kicker, something to really suck her in.

"I mean, you're looking for something, aren't you?" Belal asked. "If not... then what're you doing here?"

His tone was sudden and serious, as he turned away, looking at the mess of a room. It was a side of himself he didn't reveal often, but he wanted something and there wasn't time to pull any punches. Turning back, the look on his face was almost disappointed with where she had ended up. Ana had so much potential, but was settling for this? As much as her joining the guild was about him needing guidance, it was about her needing purpose.

295 words.
977 words.

Back to top Go down

Ana
The soldier's eyes narrowed. He had hit a nerve, as she expected he knew he would.

"What I'm doing here is precisely none of your business," she began, rising from her seat and closing the distance between them.

"You may not be my student any more but that doesn't mean you get to question me," she jabbed a finger in to his chest. That look of disappointment - how dare he.

As one might expect, her anger was bubbling up from the fact that he was correct. She had been military for about as long as she could remember, though lately the demand for people with her specific set of talents had dwindled. Good for the universe, bad for her.

Maturity unfortunately taking back over, she took a deep breath and a step backwards. Had she been the type she may have apologised for her actions. She trusted that the fact she hadn't shoved a weapon in his face to be proof enough that she was sorry for the outburst.

"That being said," she said, turning away to avoid seeing the look on his face when he realised he'd got her, "business is business. I'll help out if the price is right, you know that by now."

207 words.
1,190 words.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Hook, line, and sinker.

Ana gave a wonderful performance, but he didn't expect any less. Everything from the initial outburst, to the reluctant acceptance, it honestly swept him off his feet. The emotions were so genuine, so honest. It's not like she had been blindsided by him -- she had to have known this was coming. Old habits died hard, didn't they?

"Oh my gosh, Ana." He said. "You just made my day!"

She had turned around, consoling her ego, but he couldn't help but wrap his arms around her, slightly below her collarbone. He gave a small squeeze before letting go, clapping his hands together once more, before snapping his fingers.

"This is gonna be just like old times, y'know? You're gonna love Monte, he's just like you. You both love your toys. Then there's Nora. She has the nicest legs I've seen -- Er, besides yours, of course! Oh! And, Zan? His. Arms. Let me tell you..." He began, excitedly naming and identifying everyone he had invited so far. Getting carried away, she would need to interrupt him before he stopped his rambling.

185 words.
1,162 words.

Back to top Go down

Ana
She tried to squeeze out of his embrace, but he had let go before she could really push him off her. Why was he like this? That wasn't the way she'd taught him. She turned back around as he started reeling off the names of members he had recruited thus far, describing their physical attributes rather than, y'know, anything useful about them. She was about to interrupt, perhaps ask him another question when...

BANG.

"What was that?" She asked, rhetorically. Something had made a noise upstairs. She edged past Belal, peering up the dark staircase with a look of complete bewilderment. As quick as he had entered, she was up the stairs. A moment later she had appeared at the top of them again, face returned to that somewhat permanent frown.

"I'll see you later, Belal."

Back in the room, Hope was gone. And then, so was Ana.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
And there she went.

Belal was used to this, but honestly believed she would come back. It might take awhile, maybe even years again, but she'd definitely join his guild eventually. There was no time to be disappointed when you had your hopes up! And party supplies to get.

Creating a portal, he went off to a new world. He wondered how Monte and the gang were doing. Had they gone on any adventures? He'd love to hear their stories!

80 words.
1,242 words.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top