Jongori
August 13th 2017, 8:10 pm
Chastelle

Fireball
August 13th 2017, 8:01 pm
Chastelle

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
There was a beauty to the Coliseum, it acted as the replacement to theater in Roman times. Much of it was different from traditional acting, instead of acting it was real time combat. The fights to the death, monster versus hero. Or gladiator against gladiator. Such sights brought about bloodlust in the masses, even moreso, it brought the games. Gambling. Whores... Everything in between. The people were infatuated, perhaps that's why Olympus was always such an enticing environment to be in. You could be as absolutely vulgar as you wanted, you could bask in your immoral sin... Matter of fact, it wasn't just accepted here, but it was promoted as the social norm. People could really click with that feeling, satisfying their fetishes and all. Zanex agreed that the feeling was... Relatable. The Coliseum was the best place to hang around. He thought that to himself-- with a small curve of the lips cueing his emotion with physical expression. "Nothing like a show of murder and glory to fill you up in the morning." The ivory-haired young man echoed down the stage, though it was pretty empty here today. Maybe he came on the wrong date? Ugh, the guy propped his feet up in the bleachers, watching as men in robes picked up around the outer edges of the large square battlefield. "I wonder what it pays to enter yourself in one of the tournaments. Huh..." Feeling bored, the somebody ruffled his hair with his hands and leaned back. Awaiting some kind of entrance, but from what he could gather that wouldn't be for a few hours if not, then days.

Medicine Cabinet [Directory]

Back to top Go down

Felonix
MAG : 8
------------------Destiny Islands------------------

He checked a small paper schedule he kept in one of his many jacket pockets. Let's see here... he muttered to himself as his finger traced down the list, finally landing on today. Ah, good. No games this week. A Corridor of Darkness opened in front of him as he placed the schedule back into his jacket.

Maybe I can get some peace at last.

------------------Olympus Coliseum------------------

The portal of Darkness closed behind him as Felonix stepped through. The Former Steward of Castle Oblivion took a deep breath, taking in the scent of the sweat and blood that had been shed upon these sands. A world for Gladiators, Warriors and the like. A place that felt like a battlefield at all times, despite the showy nature of it all. He tended to avoid the games, however, as there typically wasn't a good seat to watch from without being surrounded by idiots and drunkards who only wished they could do battle as well as those on the sands. The silver haired Nobody watched as the robed custodians picked up scraps of clothing and combed through the sand, 'refreshing' it, so to speak, from the last bloody battle that had taken place here. One final deep breath of the fresh Coliseum air later, Felonix had removed a pack of cigarettes from his jacket and had begun walking to the stands to the sides of the arena. With a deep inhale, the unlit cigarette began to burn as Felonix exhaled a small plume of smoke into the air above him. Manipulation of Fire meant he never needed to carry a lighter, a bonus Felonix had always enjoyed.

Finally arriving at the stands, the Nobody General prepared to walk to his preferred resting spot at the top of the benches before noticing a person sitting near his spot. Damn he thought. I was hoping for some privacy. He continued walking up the stairs, now close enough to the young man to be heard without a need for shouting. Assuming he was here for a Gladiator Battle, he spoke as he walked past.

The games don't start til next week kid. If you're hunkered in, you'll be waiting quite a while. He sat in his preferred spot, the row behind where the ivory-haired stranger sat. Didn't ya get a schedule?

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
The male's eyes watched a sole oncomer, a stranger, traverse the stares. The Felonix was similar in appearance to himself, but maybe a little older and rugged in his clothing apparel. Zanex also didn't smoke the way Fel did, he found cigarettes one of the odder habits for a person to addict themselves too, something too hard to break for it to be worth the risk. For that reason Zan never picked it up... All in all, other wouldn't have liked him to start smoking, she'd ring his neck! Zanex was smarter than to upset his mother, lord knows... Mother was very foul tempered, he avoided angering her whenever possible. The twist though, was that she wasn't a person, but rather, a self relfection. Something he prayed didn't come out often... Nonetheless, Zan retained his smile, knowing no such occurrence was in league to happen right now. The boy leaned back in his seat, moving his eyes away from The Nobody. His legs would then cross, lip unmoving so to stay quiet until the fellow was finished chattering away. With his dialogue came a break in the abysmal dead silence. It was soon his chance to parch the silence of it's lifeline too, and so he jested a joke for the older man. Which wasn't really a joke, but everything humored Zan-- and he liked it that way. "Doesn't matter. There's plenty more luxuries in Olympus, wouldn't ya say? Why, just look down there at that girl with her friend, that there is something to be enjoyed too.~ So ya see, plenty other ways to have a good time in this place. But that isn't why I'm here, not you either, is it? We're the gentlemen in this place." The younger boy chimed forth his ambitions and objective here today, pointing a bony index finger loosely from it's place on the bleachers-- out towards the big square ring in which had been recently swept. "You and me, we should sneak down there, have a quick match. I'm pretty new to fighting, shouldn't be a tough game for you." The medallion around Zan's neck reflected sunlight in all directions, should Felonix try and stare at it too hard. He'd catch a ray of light in his eye. This wasn't a magical thing, it just seemed to repel onlookers. Perhaps that was the way it was designed?After all, it was the sole heritage passed down to him. Not that it didn't possess it's mystical energies, as they were the epitome of whatever strength poured into the Somebody's veins. He wasn't normal, but he sure looked it.

Back to top Go down

Felonix
Felonix questioned the youth's enjoyment and sense of wonder as he pointed out the.. couple.. at the other end of the Battle Arena. You.. You mean the prostitute? Kid, they aren't.. well I mean, they are.. But.. He shook his head dismissing the thought as the seemingly senseless boy pointed to the Arena. Feigning shock, Felonix responded to his sparring request.

You want to fight me? Look, you're ambitious, challenging a perfect stranger and whatnot. Not a bad trait. He chuckled sarcastically as his face turned serious. But I'd destroy you kid. I don't hold back. He motioned to the medallion flashing around Zanex's neck. And save for blinding me with that damn thing, You wouldn't stand a chance. Don't talk too big, Old Man. Save for that Darkside on Destiny Islands, you haven't had a proper battle in almost 10 years. He took a long drag from his cigarette, mentally adding to his thoughts. And I had others defeat the Darkside with me.. Maybe a warm-up spar wouldn't kill me. Felonix stood, flicking the remainder of his cigarette into the filth ridden stands. The custodians will take care of it he mentally rationalized as he arched his back in a slightly over-exaggerated stretch, a small bit of his ego inflating as he continued talking big game to Zanex.

Alright, kid, I'll train ya. He began walking to the Arena, presuming Zanex would now be following him. Ya got a weapon? Or a name?

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
Zan listened as he stared down at the prostitute. Then glancing his eyes over to the older man. Huh, an ego, it was a common natured quality. Frankly Zanex was no different, only his ego was that he found himself good-looking, not exactly 'good' in combat. Despite his exceptional higher standings among typical humans, regardless. The Somebody knew it himself that he'd probably surprise Felonix-- after all, the ivory-haired teenager carried the ancient power of Vr... Her name was not important, but she was within him. So there was bound to be a struggle coming one way or the other. This man was accepting a show of talent, a brawl of warriors. So Zan's game would have to come in as lethal as ever, or else he'd look weak. Something Mother wouldn't like, nor would he. "Wow, train me huh? Sounds like a plan boss man. Teach me all your moves." The younger male laughed carelessly as he hopped a few bleacher steps to make ground with the Nobody. "I use my hands, no weapons actually." The two reached the ground and were now arriving into their destination.

Back to top Go down

Felonix
This kid can't be all there.. He's too.. Chipper. He stayed silent as he walked, listening on as the kid, who had still not reveled his name, referred to him as 'Boss Man' before defining his fighting style. No weapons? he said aloud. Even a Mage should have something for physical combat. Reaching the edge of the Arena and taking place at one end, the Forgotten General motioned with his left hand to the other side.

Take your place. A Corridor of Darkness opened to the Nobody's right, seemingly engulfing his now outstretched right arm. As it dissipated, it revealed a large sword, seemingly dull and gray, held tightly in his hand. The blade placed in front of his face, Felonix's left hand hovered above sword, moving from hilt to top. As his hand moved, Burning Rage seemingly awoke, Fire and Darkness coursing throughout and emanating off of it. Now finished, he took the hilt with both hands and assumed a defensive position, blade outstretched in front of him.

Your duel, your move. Start it off kid.

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
The boy slouched as he walked to the near opposite side of the ring. It was roughly twenty meters in length, with him approximately ten meters from where Felonix summoned the blade. Upon the sword being called forth, Zanex raised his fists. "Ooo, shiny." His feet were slated, his right piercing forward with his stance looking roughly basic in appearance. Felonix baited him to move forward, swords didn't scare the fighter, he was a combatant after all! "Okey dokie, my move." The area's air temperature would hit negative eighteen degrees immediately. Now then, time to unleash hell! With a wink, it was already underway. The boy darted off like a blur, coming up to sucker punch the man from the right, moving sixty mph, he was hitting twenty seven meters in a second, so ten in under a fifth of a second. Upon the explosive swing came a rocking in the air, the whole stage felt that first move. It would be a heavy hit, that is if it landed. He then would channel his combination by grabbing the man's leg in mid-flight after knocking him back. From there he'd sling him over the shoulder and plant the guy onto the ground.  A crater in his wake.The rest of his actions being held back to counter, reversal or other-wisely halt any movement in preparation against him. If all his attacks, and they likely were successful, went through. He'd dart back to his original position, with hands in his pockets.

3/6 Actions

Back to top Go down

Felonix
Shit! The instant the boy took off, the temperature of the air surrounding him dropped. Realizing he was faster than he seemed, time froze (S1)(A1) with the boy near Felonix's right, his arm pulled back looking to sucker punch.

Why the hell did it get so cold? Felonix's natural manipulation of Fire would keep him warm, but no warmer than 0 degrees. Any more and he was likely to burn himself while freezing to death. Still at a temperature disadvantage, he turned his attention to the attack. Kid's faster than he seems.. I underestimated that much.. Unable to move his own body and trapped in his thoughts, Felonix continued to analyze and attempt to predict the boys movements. Clearly a sucker punch was next, which he figured he could block with a sacrifice to his strength (S2). It would probably hurt, not enough to decommission him. He wouldn't rush in so fast without another attack planned, but what..

In a flash, time resumed. Not nearly quick enough, Felonix planted his feet in the ground and attempted to block (A2). With the blade already outstretched, blocking the sucker punch came easy. The angle at which he had to block it put him at a disadvantage. Zanex's hand would hit the base of Burning Rage, but the tilt of the blade left Felonix unable to retaliate. Having grounded his feet, the angle at which he had blocked the initially devastating blow pushed him back, his feet going deeper and tearing up the arena as he moved. The attack was not over yet, however, as the boy instantly reached out, and having not flown into the air as planned, he grabbed Felonix's jacket and turned, flipping to plant him in the ground. The additional weight of Felonix's whole body going over his shoulder gave him just what he needed though, planting Burning Rage into the ground to catch himself before he could hit (A3). His defensive counter wasn't nearly as calculated as he presumed, nearly loosing his footing before using his sword to balance himself before falling. It's been to damn long Old Man.. Concede now while you still can. The onslaught stopped and Felonix looked up, noticing Zanex standing back where he started, his hands casually in his pockets.

What the hell kid?! This was a training lesson, not a fight to the death! Now standing, he removed Burning Rage from the ground where he had planted it and held it casually to his right. Winded from his defense, tense from the cold and knowing he didn't have many other options at this point, he extended his left arm towards the boy at the end of the arena. Darkness and Nothingness seemed to explode from his hand, creating a fast moving wall consisting of 10 Pillars of Darkness wrapped in and connected by Thorns of Cruelty (A4). With a distance of about 12 meters now between them and moving across the arena at 50mph, Felonix hoped the speed of the spell would be enough to throw Zanex off guard long enough to do some sort of damage and get him back into the fight.

S1 - Skill Used - Frozen Assessment (1 Post, 1 Post Used, 5 Post Cooldown. Effect: Temporary Battlefield Time Freeze)
S2 - Skill Used - Sacrificium Fortitudo (Max 4 Posts, 1 Post Used. Effect: STR -2 [7] AGI +2 [7])
Spell Used - Nothing to Give - 60MP of 100MP Consumed, 40MP Remaining
4 of 4 Actions Used

Back to top Go down

Zanex
post accidentally deleted. o.o

it's okay we know what happened lololol

Last edited by Zanex on February 22nd 2017, 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Felonix
Felonix barely had time to react as his spell backfired, causing a blinding explosion around where he was standing. His instincts of a soldier kicked in as he raised his sword to his head once again, left arm braced against the flat side to attempt to protect as much as possible (A1). Always protect the face. Admittedly, the heat from the explosion felt nice for a moment, contrasting the cold of the area around him. That washed away immediately as it felt like Felonix had been hit from all sides from a flaming Mack Truck. He winced, knowing that his nonexistent body wouldn't be able to keep taking hits like this much longer.

With the sword already in it's path, the knee Zanex had intended for Felonix's face was easily blocked. Unfortunately, the sword moved enough for the next attack to follow through. The bolo punch connected with the bottom of his chin as the jab to the shoulder connected at the right. Ignoring the pain for the moment, Felonix used the momentum of the strength behind the punch, spinning to the right with Burning Rage, aiming to sweep the youth's legs with the sword (A2). From there, he jumped away as he attempted to regather his senses (A3). His landing faltered, but he remained upright as he noticed the small distance now between him and Zanex.

Hoping for a lull in the fight, he brought two fingers to his mouth and wiped his lips. A fair amount of blood came away on his hand as he eyed the kid again.

Time to even the odds then.. His left arm outstretched, looking to summon his secondary weapon as he had summoned Burning Rage earlier. Instead of a small portal around his hand though, a full sized Corridor of Darkness opened to his left. It led back to the garage on Destiny Islands where his second weapon should have been.

You're freakin' kidding me right now he muttered under his breath as he remembered he had lost his second blade quite some time ago. His attention turned back to Zanex across the arena, attempting to maintain the composure of a General while he spoke, but probably not doing the best job considering the amount of pain he was in right now.

You fight loose, but strong as hell kid. Who the hell taught you?

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
Fancy. The boy said, as the nobody though a blade struck his calfs. It hit him in a way that made him bend, slightly, but his constitution didn't concave. The cut from the blades did allow a stream of red to bleed through his pants. Another one of those fancy gateways opened up beside Felonix, and Zanex began to question if the nobody intended to forfeit. "Self taught. Lots of spare time, you?"

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top