Julian
July 14th 2017, 8:13 pm
OneWingedDemon

Eric Glint (WIP)
July 14th 2017, 11:43 am
Eric Glint

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
The sky was crystal clear, not a puffy white cloud in the sky. The rushing waves, soaked the feet of a young man while he stood there. His hands were at his waists, and his facial expression was a wide smile. He might've looked odd to locals, in his striped shirt, and his long messy hair. However, under the surface, this young man was a powerful foe. The chosen desciple to inherit the golden medallion which hung loosely around his neck. The bearer of this ring went by the name Zanex, to him, he was the hippest, freshest kid on the block. To others... Not so much."I make this beach look good." The somebody jested, as he bent down and picked up his dirty shoes. He started walking the length of the shores, mothers and the children gave him looks, he sure did find these people rude. Then again, they were people. All people were rude. "Yes, yes, I'm beautiful yes. Now move along." He said to the weirded out children. He waved a hand with an extended thumb to shew a mom away from a spot under a palm tree. Then, quite deviously he plopped down and enjoyed the shade. "Sheesh."

Medicine Cabinet [Directory]

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
MAG : -
Monte had just finished a rather ridiculous goose chase. Some strange islander put him on a hunt for a beast that didn't habit the realm of reality. He was dredging along the sand in an effort to search for her, when he noticed the spectacle of the arrogant man of ivory hair. The way he spoke, it almost reminded Monte of Belal. Maybe the voice was a bit more inconsiderate. Or, similarly, more direct.

This similarity intrigued him, almost unnaturally. So, without concern to the image of it or consequence, he stopped his movement and began to stare at Zanex. He wondered if the man would do anything interesting.

These fleeting compulsions were what Monte had instead of true feelings. The Hangman sometimes suspected that they were fabrications of a bored mind.

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
The shade did Zanex well until some stranger walked up and stood there, kinda off setting. The young man wore a hat and a suit, he looked like a regular business man. Zan simply removed a hand from behind his head allowing it to rest on his belly. He was now sitting up against the palm tree. He blinked twice in Monte's direction. "Hi." There wasn't a lot of emotion in that greeting, but the character looking on at him now didn't seem to have much either. Perhaps he was charmed by Zanex's good looks. Hah! The boy exhaled softly, a chuckle before his coming speech. "Not that I can blame you for loving this smile, but are you going to stand there all day? I could've woken up as an old man this morning, could be telling you to get off  my lawn, yeah that's right ya sunny boy. But aye! Instead you got the mellow, unphased Zan today. Ah! You should be proud. I'm the best Zanex after all!" The boy jested again, breaking into a peaceful laugh. The beach really did bring the best out of him. In contrast, there were worlds that brought the worst outta him too. Those were for another time though, for now. It was just Zanny boy, Monte, and this wonderful beach. The somebody had an odd feeling that this encounter was heading somewhere exciting. Somewhere... maaarvelous.~ "Did I tell you my name is Zanex yet? I'm Zanex... You are?"

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
In the middle of the ivory-haired man's monologue, the cheery tone of Monte's cellphone blared loudly. The Hangman picked up the device, reading the message from Belal, and sighed. Yet again, the heartless inconvenienced Monte with his unpredictable nature. If the ward of Levitica damaged his suit, the Hangman would have to have another one tailored to him. It wasn't cheap to get professional attire that conformed to his dimensions. Still, he responded.

"Rental is 1000. Completed a job earlier this week. We have enough to fund the construction of HQ. Rendezvous on my position when available."

He placed the phone back in his inner jacket's pocket, unaware of the less-than-friendly replies coldness. Then, he looked at the Zanex, a lord of exposition.

"Why do you talk so much?"

The Hangman felt an otherworldly essence from the being in front of him, but he couldn't exactly place it.

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
Zanex tilted his head. "Oh! Cellular devices. I don't have one, looks nice though. Where'd ya get it?" He started up, gesturing the hand which had sat on stomach along with his speech. This was a technique he often used to drag on his emphasis, and coax people into actual dialogue. However, it seemed to not be working on this Monte character. Zan paused; listening in to hear Monte's forwarded question, thing' had almost interrupted him in the middle of his speech, whew. Zan doubted the man had much respect for a commoner like him though, so it didn't matter regardless. Especially considering those nice lookin' duds the Nobody strutted in. Touche, Mr. Stranger, touche indeed. The question was a good one too, Zanex had to recollect himself after hearing it. It was the start to a conversation that, well, to be frank... He hadn't exactly planned for-- not at all.  No matter, Zan furrowed his lip, and spoke up again. "That's like asking a bird why it flies, or a monkey why it throws shit. I don't know man, it's just what I do. But aye, you still haven't told me your name." The boy raked a hand through his hair, brushing it back while his focus drifted to the sad between his legs. A sly grin on his face, he had absolutely no worries, utterly no stresses seemed to radiate off of him. He was cool like that. "Usually when you approach a handsome fellow like me, you tell 'em your name Guy. But I guess you must not be here looking for a good time, huh? I say... Are you here to kill me? I've been good this month, lord knows! I haven't laid a hand on one. single. person." He coughed a laugh at the end of his sentence briefly turning away. "Well maybe just one... Way less than normal though!"

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
The lunatic raved, and the assassin grew increasingly curious. Did he happen upon a madman? No. Zanex's words were sporadic and his speech patterns non-existent, but his sanity was there. At least, some semblance of it.

"If I were here to kill you, then you wouldn't have ever seen me." Monte said plainly, still unsure whether introductions were in order. These passing compulsions had a tendency to, well, pass. He wasn't one to divulge information unnecessarily.

"Is something wrong with you?" The Hangman's words were relatively dry. Maybe fate had conscripted Monte to end the suffering of a Mad Animal.

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
Zanex laughed, death, so privy. Yet, all too real of a concept to not take as a challenge. "Killing me is pretty hard. But nothing's impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible,' so do what you want. I could care less. I'm just enjoying my day on the beach. Hey, you want a drink? I don't drink. But you look like you drink." The long haired boy held a loose finger gun up and pointed it to Monte. He then gestured it firing of. "I have a few mental disorders and I totally suffer from chronic depression with a hooker sidekick!" The boy helped himself off the ground, dusting his striped shirt off, and then his butt. Sand falling from his pants. "Nah, I'm not cool enough for a hooker sidekick. I just talk to myself."

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"Talking to Monte is like talking to yourself." Belal's voice lead, coming through the portal moments before him. As a fellow talk-too-mucher, Belal could truly appreciate the give and take of conversation. Monte mostly gave. And as a taker, Belal was compelled to drag Nora along, her hand in his as she stepped through the portal. He would flamboyantly move the other as he spoke, "Monte, isn't she perfect?" He said, motioning to her figure. Belal was pointing out her fashion sense, but he wouldn't be surprised if his cohort misinterpreted the features he was referring to.

"She's just like you! Empty inside." He finished, a beat later, before turning his attention to Monte's new playmate. This was so exciting! A friend? He never made friends. Not to mention, they were talkative, clearly indicating Monte's 'type'. Belal was briefly flattered, before internally questioning if Nora had the same tastes. From what he could tell, she absolutely adored him. The chemistry was just so obvious. After all, she had jumped at the chance to join their guild when offered. There wasn't the slightest hesitation.

"I'm Belal, and this is Nora, by the way," He quickly added on, introducing themselves to the stranger. "I'm guessing Monte was asking you to join Black Bishop? It wouldn't surprise me you two look great together." He accidentally offered. While it's true he didn't know the context of their relationship, Monte wasn't the type to send a rendezvous text when his location was compromised -- this was clearly a special circumstance.

And what good taste did he have. Belal had been proud to have recruited the finest pair of legs he's seen in recent memory, but look at his arms. The stranger was considerably shorter than Monte and Belal, but those were the arms of a gentle, nurturing protector. Belal swooned over the thought of falling asleep, safely nuzzled against the stranger's firm, defined chest. Monte just had all the luck, didn't he?

327 words
327 words

Back to top Go down

Nora.
Nora stepped through the portal into the tropical setting of Destiny Islands. Being pulled through by Belal the girl ever so swiftly yanked her hand away from his before examining the two new people before her. "Hi." She'd slip in between Belal's introduction of the two and his further invitation to the ivory haired boy to the guild. Was this how easy it was to join? After all she had to answer questions about life and what she wanted but this kid, he just got an invitation out of Belal, maybe it was just because he wanted someone to talk to.

Silently the nobody stood there, first observing the boy who had just received an invitation to Black Bishop. He seemed rather sprite and quite possibly as loud as Belal was from what she could hear as she stepped out of the portal. As for Monte, he seemed quiet and as her acquaintance had said earlier, empty like her.

Last edited by Nora. on February 21st 2017, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Belal and his pet came like a wave of idiocy amongst the touched. Expected, and with many assumptions. "He has nothing to do with Black Bishop." Monte started. Then again, the way this house of cards collapsed on its self was, at the very least, coincidental. Belal had found a plaything much like Monte, and similarly, Monte had himself found a subject much like Belal. Perhaps fate shone upon them an awkward, dim light. "At least, not yet." The addendum came quickly after his original statement.

The assassin turned to Belal fully, ignoring the others. Cold eyes examined the stolen suit, and made contact with the ocher gems before disregarding the heartless completely. The message was sent - 'your tab is due'.

Then, his vision found Nora. If Monte had the capacity, he would recognize that this woman was much more attractive than the two sensual imps, in a humble and more full sense. However, all he could be sure of was that she, like him, was empty. Her greeting seemed to echo around the husk that was Nora's being.

"Hello."

Monte preferred her over Belal instantly, though he was still infinitely more useful, at the moment.

Finally, after the wonky introduction, the assassin returned to Zanex. If fortune really divined the ivory-haired-man to assimilate into the fold, Monte wanted to be sure.

"Why do you exist?" The nobody asked simply.

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
Zanex was bent, both figuratively and literally to see a portal open up behind Monte. His eyes peered out to make contact with Belal, and then Nora. He waved casually immediately noting the entire trio dressed in dark, but sleek apparel. All he had was a white v-neck lapped with blue lines and some pants. "Hi. I'm Zanex. Nice to meet you Belal. Nora, hi, how are ya. How d'ya doo.~" The boy was quick to start conversation amongst the strangers, and as the group spoke, Belal seemed to come off as the only cheery one. Zan nodded in approval, Nora was attractive but... Kinda silent mostly. Monte was similar, only more cynical with an air of mystery to him. Like some mix between detective of from the 1920s, or some kind of business man, but like-- shady business. "Black Bishop? Oh! No, no. You've got me mixed up, I'm absolutely terrible at chess. Seriously the worst," the boy assured. No point in lying to these avid board gamers. After all, they seemed like a pretty serious bunch. He noticed Monte's quick reaction to whatever this 'Black Bishop' was. Hmm. Was it something that important? Judging from the fact there was a group of really out-of-place people, he was willing to bet it wasn't what he'd first pictured... Maybe a terrorist organization? Wouldn't be the first he'd met. "What d'ya mean by that? I'm super special cool and strong-- and cool. Did I say I was cool yet? Maaaaan, you wouldn't even believe." The boy retaliated in his own way by lifting his arm, kneeling into stance and kissing the muscle like some sort of posing body builder. He was in his own world, for the brief second once again.  To be fair, he would've continued admiring himself but the sudden question threw hi off. He straightened up, well-- he did what he counted as straightening up. "You ask some creepy questions you know that? Wouldn't even tell me your name, if not for these two showing up, I'd still be asking..." Grumbled Zan to himself mostly. "But uh, hm. Well, I dunno really. I forget! Oh wait, right, I have a mission. I'm trying to finish what my ancestor's did. You don't need to know anymore than that, other than that I cause a lot of trouble. In fact I'm probably wanted. Don't know, never stay to find out." He answered truthfully. Not really afraid of penalty; he never was. After all, his abilities had always given him plenty of edge, no need to be scared. Owning up to one's deeds was the first step to enlightenment.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Nora had such a way with words. Succinct. To the point. He knew Monte would adore this. They were going to get along so well! She was so full of hea -- Oh. Anyway, two friends for Monte in one day? This guild was already bearing fruits of his long, exhausting labor. After this gathering, he would need to let off some steam. Maybe, get a full body massage or go to a club and drink away the stress. Belal was totes in the mood for an Appletini. Fruity drinks were his fav.

Catching his eye, Monte totally checked him out. Of course, even now, he couldn't help it. The message was clear: You look too damn good in that suit to not go out tonight. He may not have said it in so many words, but no one knew Monte like Belal did. Wearing his heart on his sleeve, a privilege of his, he blushed; flattered. Unfortunately, there was still business to attend to, but he appreciated Monte's initiative.

Why do you exist?

Wow. Deep. There was something about the hard, analytical nature of Nobodies that really got you thinking. Why did we exist? Nobodies existed, despite the fact they shouldn't. If Nobodies shouldn't, then Somebodies should? Heartless should? Maybe this was why Monte was such a strong believer in fate. The ability to decide whether something should or should not exist could not belong to one of us, only a higher being.

Hm. He wasn't too pleased with Zan's answer. He was a talker, but he said a whole lot of nothing. Is that something that appealed to Monte? To Nobodies? Even if he was unimpressed, should Monte accept, he wouldn't turn away one of his friends. After all, they were a rarity.

Belal stared at Monte, his body visibly clenched. What was he going to say?

309 words.
636 words.

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
After digesting Zanex's response, Monte understood the purpose of their fateful encounter. "If you are lost, then I shall guide you." The assassin said coldly. Potential squandered was divinity spoiled. His rigid nature was starting to chafe against the growing numbers of Black Bishop. This uncomfortable tightness - was it indicating an anxiety, or was the larva outgrowing his cocoon? The thought seemed almost fantastical to Monte. He had long thought his shell vacant and stagnant, but now the winds of change swirled about uncertainly.

"Fortune had graced you, Zanex. If wisdom has also, you will join in our many blessings." Once again, Monte looked upon Belal, and motioned towards his watch. They had business to pertain to. However, the heartless may have yet to reveal a more devious scheming.

Back to top Go down

Nora.
The nobody forced out a smile towards Monte then Zanex, it was weird, she didn't like it. She stopped smiling almost instantly and returned to that same neutral face. As Zanex continued to speak, Nora almost cringed at how stupid he sounded when talking about chess. First there was Belal who was strangely talkative then there was Zanex, who seemed to be on another level. The nobody averted her eyes to Monte, he was concise, to the point with his words, typically she already liked him much better than the other two.

Nora couldn't help but notice how vague Zanex's answer was, it would have been some nice information to have but it truly wouldn't effect Nora directly, whatever it was so she didn't mind. It was enough to suffice a chance to join the guild. It somewhat bothered her that she'd be working with someone so loud but she could look past it. There'd be something in it for her, right?

There was that symbolic look of 'we better move on' from Monte by looking at his watch then to Belal. What was it they had installed for their new members?

Last edited by Nora. on February 21st 2017, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
Huh, it was kinda odd, none of them really cared about what he had going on, maybe it was how he acted? Oh well! He'd teach 'em all to like his dumb antics soon enough. Monte took a look at his watch, similarly to Nora, Zanex knew their time on the beach would be cut short very soon. "So what now? Do I need to put money into this kind've thing? Cause guys, believe me. I'm flat broke. I don't have a dime to my name. Terrible idea. Terrible.~" The boy said, releasing air, and slouching in his upright position. He placed a hand on Monte's shoulder, his eyes peering about each member in the group. He was studying them. Like most people across the worlds', none of them likely had a genuine interest in who or what he was, he felt those vibes here and now like a wasp sting. Sad as it was, it was a good thing. A great thing. He didn't need these people having anything to do with his religion and his business. Mother wouldn't like it if he got others' involved after all. Why, it'd be like cheating! Only he was going to be able to finish the job once the time came. Whether that was weeks, months, or even years away... It was his destiny. However though, might as well make some friends outta this bunch 'til them. After all, it gets lonely out all alone in the universe.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
"Alright. Wonderful. This is great. You're all great. I'm so excited." He said, noticeably not as enthused as usual, should Monte care to notice. While he was glad there was another member, he had already been looking forward treating himself. Although, there was still some business to attend to.

"Monte, I've got places to be. People to recruit. All that fun stuff!" Belal continued, picking up some steam. "Mind showing them around? Getting them situated? Building bonds?

"Great. I knew you would." He answered, not letting Monte get a word in. "I'm gonna go get some party supplies!"

And with that, he would open a portal, and walk through.  While he left with other intentions, he'd def-o get some party supplies eventually. With a wink and a smile, he left the trio to their own misadventures. He hoped they would have fun together.

143 words.
779 words.

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
The burden of inconvenience was becoming heftier and more unwieldy as the Heartless feigned enjoyment. Belal's excitement was notably emptier than usual, but he doubted those around him were acquainted with the Eldritch Horror enough to notice. Perhaps it was some sign of agitation that Monte had let someone join Black Bishop after only a few words of exchange, and to no real explanation of what the group's purpose or intentions were. Monte didn't really care. Under guided workings, all would become clear, and purpose fulfilled.

"Well. It's just us now, so." The nobody awkwardly added. He felt pressed to be informative, but preferred not to talk. "We have renovations to complete." He said plainly, as if he expected the newcomers to be equally as informed and interested to the incipient construction.

A Door to Nothingness manifested to his front. He walked through, expecting the apostles to follow.

Back to top Go down

Nora.
Belal had left abruptly, with business to attend to which Nora truly hoped wasn't buying party supplies. However here she was now with Zanex and Monte standing silently, it was somewhat awkward. Before Zanex would be able to say something Monte started talking, explaining that there was renovations to be done following with a portal being opened. Curiously the girl would follow his steps through the portal, anticipating their headquarters which would be on the other side.

77 words aylmao

Back to top Go down

Zanex

IT AIN'T EASY

being me

BUT I DO IT WELL

Oh, soo well
The boy somewhat regretted being the starter of the conversation in which Belal would depart on. But he couldn't help what the leader wanted. He nodded as Belal moved into a veil of icky black. His brain stared into it. Before it shut in upon itself, he zoned back in o speak and Monte was already talking. "Renovations? Like what kind? I once built a boat." The boy said following in behind Nora. Before he realized it, the gate of grey energy sealed him inside and there was only one direction to follow. Monte's!

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top