Archangel
July 14th 2017, 8:58 pm
OneWingedDemon

Julian
July 14th 2017, 8:13 pm
OneWingedDemon

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alexander
Name: Dissident Arm
Type: Limb Synth
Quantity: 1
Durability: 6
Element(s): Metal/Darkness/Time/Cure
Details A vestigial remainder of a dead legacy. Alexander alone carries a burden- but what did he learn in that phantom decade after his powers of magic had left him? Perhaps, and Alexander himself agreed, that we were better off never knowing. The power of this arm has increased, his own latent power of Dissidia amplified and focused within the limb, and it has underwent an interesting evolution all its own.
Abilities:

• One Third- This is treated as a part of Alexander's body (Syn 1)
  • Reconfigure- Alexander can morph the forearm of this into any manner of blade or blunted object, but the object itself has to be reasonably proportionate. For example, his forearm could morph into a three foot long blade or just his hand into a hammer, but it can not contain more mass than his arm has available for use. (Syn 8)
  • Third chain- Part of this arm is the third of Clarent's once intrusive chains, coiled around the bone. This chain has been incorporated by the Dissident Curse and can be launched from the arm at approximately seventy miles per hour. Alexander is capable of launching the chain and its warped spear-head out like a rocket to stick into foes, and retract it all the same (which sometimes pulls them along). This chain is strong enough and secure enough that Alexander can use it as a grappling hook to swing and transport himself about the worlds. (Syn 4)
  • Restoration- (10 Post Cooldown) If this Arm is destroyed, then within ten posts of its destruction it will regenerate. (Syn 5)
  • Psychic Force- This arm enables the psychic manipulation of another synth item while in use, up to a radius of nine feet. This weapon can be manipulated with the same speed and force as a weapon held by Alexander. (Syn 5)

Last edited by Alexander on February 11th 2017, 8:15 pm; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
MAG : 5
This replaces Alex's arm, so if it's destroyed, he has no arm at all?

Dissident Impetus- There is no way to get around this, so this cannot be an ability.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Yep! That's pretty much the case.

Do you have an alternative suggestion, perhaps? I was trying to make it so different weapons I had played with Ars Impetus by augmenting it in different ways for certain ones. Would you be able to prescribe a route in the spirit of that? You definitely have noticed this trend if you've made it this far, so discussing it here will save time elsewhere too.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
"it can be repaired through healing magic used on Alexander." this would need to be a separate mod.

Uh, what about a temporary boost in a stat?

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Changed, for the better methinks

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
The chain one mentions your other chains. Did you want to edit it or don't care?

Back to top Go down

Alexander
I edited out that sentence, though I did keep the fun fact about it being the third chain. If I ever find a way to revisit that, that tiny mention will be enough of a nod.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
Apply SYN stat requirements to each ability.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
IT! has been done

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
"it can be repaired through healing magic used on Alexander." this would need to be a separate mod. <- still haven't done that. also, One Third would be SYN 1.

How fast does the hook/chain shoot out?

Crushing grip would be syn 5.

Psychic force would be SYN 5

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Sorry, I suppose there was confusion with One-Third. I was saying that because it was part of his body, if somebody were to heal him it would heal the arm. Even so, I did indeed edit it out!

I replaced crushing grip!

I don't have a specific speed in mind. For comparison, I suppose somewhere between Scorpion and Spiderman? Its was a weird bio-organic commando thing I was picturing.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner

You can measure it via MPH or FPS, if you feel as though that's the best way.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
I thought a bit about how fast baseballs are thrown and think that seventy might be reasonable.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner

Edit it in.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
I super did!

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
Approved.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
Unapproved.

Synthesis regeneration cannot be passive, must be triggered.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
I had thought the cool down would have indicated that it was triggered. It simply triggers upon a certain condition being met.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
With the recent changes, do you wish to keep this?

Back to top Go down

Alexander
I've preserved this elsewhere in my updated skill tree! I will not be keeping this variant.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top