roleplay
Latest topics
What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
October 26th 2017, 10:55 am
DarkGodRasul

Land Of Twilight - A Legend Of Zelda Roleplay
October 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Josh Dragovalor

The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]
October 21st 2017, 1:37 pm

Steamhunter
October 20th 2017, 8:25 am

Dragonball Legacy
October 14th 2017, 5:54 pm

Staff
Updates
11.1.2017 - Kingdom Hearts RP is now closed. We'd like to thank everyone who invested time on the site for contributing to a wonderful experience which lasted for many years. All stories must eventually end, but while this may seem bittersweet, it can't be stressed enough what a pleasure it was to create and share them with you all. Goodbye everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alexander
Name: Omega Weapon
Type: Keyblade Synthesis
Quantity: 1
Durability: 10
Element(s): Darkness/Time/Cure
Details A golden arrow that tucked away inside nothing. Revived a decade later in a new dark form. Something that should never be touched. A berserker's blade, shorter and thicker than most, this weapon's elegant exterior fails to convey its true range and power.
Abilities:

• Shadow Assault- (Duration: 3 posts) (Cooldown: 5 posts) Alexander can only activate this ability in places where there is enough light for there to be shadows. He can not activate this ability in a place where no shadows are present, such as a dark room. When using this ability, Alexander's Omega Weapon glows in a dark aura and becomes slightly transparent. In this state, Omega can not hit or defend against any physical object. However, if Omega strikes an opponent's shadow it deals moderate non-physical damage. (10 Syn)

Last edited by Alexander on March 4th 2017, 10:23 pm; edited 14 times in total

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
MAG : 5
Vitality (both): I dislike this concept as "HP" isn't measured in exactness, and I would prefer to avoid defining it as such.

Psychic Arms: It cannot share.

Regenerate: How much is a little? minor, moderate, etc...?

Vampire: It cannot share.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
What do you think would be a viable substitute in terms of wording? Health was the best I had thought of, but I suppose that being unharmed or healed as such could be called Prime Condition for the purposes of this approval. Its not actually a thing, but it would be indicating his overall physical status.

It would be Minor!

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
There was another ability on somebody else's synthesis where it was with each hit taken, you gain 5% boost.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Edited!

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
Regenerate - needs a duration/cool down, maxes out at 25% health.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Changed!

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
Apply SYN stat requirements to each ability (Like Return would only require a SYN 1 to be used).

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Aaaand boom!

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
You need to do it with all of them, lol.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Finito!

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
the two vitality abilities and bloody speed demon need to be syn 10

psychic force is syn 5

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Bazinga!

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
Approved.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
Unapproved, realized I had forgotten how synthesis works.

Abilities should be inherent to the synthesis, so gaining a stat boost when you take damage has nothing to do with the keyblade, in my opinion.

Also, for keyblade abilities, such as unlocking and locking and whatnot, need to take up a single mod for all of them.

Note that passive buffs max out at 25%.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
So that's a tiny inconsistency I would like to bring up- not the statistic things, because that's just a mistake and mistakes happen and whatnot.

For Keyblade abilities requiring slots, my most basic question is that since they have required slots for the ability to toggle any locking mechanism metaphysical or otherwise and their ability to be summoned, does a person have to have a minimum Synth Level of 3 to attain a Keyblade on their own? For the two abilities plus the point of durability, applying normal rules, it would be.

So if they would have to be level three in the Synth to get their own Keyblade, then I would point out that this would be a fairly worthless Keyblade. People are going to want Keyblades of course, but when they find out they have to have Synth and can't be a purely physical character or more magically inclined character that might prove to be a sticking point, because even though Keyblades are really popular nobody wants a worthless weapon.

And if those abilities are viewed as essential for a Keyblade to be a Keyblade, so to get a Keyblade on their own they don't need anything in Synth, why would I be asked use up my own limited slots? We've established that Keyblades are no better than any other weapons, but because canon says they must have these abilities to be functional Keyblades I'm being asked to use slots on them, but I get no inherent benefit from doing this because I don't get the other canon and arguably most useful trait of Keyblades due to the limitations within the system- indestructibility. Keyblades don't even get added Synthesis Durability to compensate for that weakness. This after we've already compromised on other parts of the canon to make the system as a whole more consistent.

Before I move forward on any more Keyblades, I would like have that talked about and see a ruling. It's like four in the morning where I'm at so my argument could also be nonsense and seem more reactionary than intended? If that is the case I am legitimately apologetic.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
I cast Bumpaga!

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
Synthesis effects cannot be passive. Needs to be triggered and have a duration, with a cool down.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Small clarification: it needs to be an active ability, not a triggered effect.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
So difference between active and triggered abilities! May I have the clarification here or a link to a topic which could provide such?

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
There isn't a topic at the moment. There should, eventually be a guide, but we're a bit low on staff right now.

An active ability is an ability your character consciously activates. A triggered ability is an ability that automatically activates once a condition is met, even if the member preferred otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
If you guys need extra staff, I can lend a hand! I'm wicked quick at approvals, amicable with the member base, and I am wicked smart.

Don't suppose I could make it a toggled ability, then?

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
If you make certain improvements in your behavior, it's a possibility. Feel free to message me if you want to discuss it further, however this is not the place to do so.

It can be toggled as long as there's a duration and cool down.

Back to top Go down

Alexander
Edited! Pushing a different ability this time to pursue a more berserker role for this weapon.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
How much damage does it do, and if it's non physical, what kind is it? How fast does it travel?

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top