Archangel
July 14th 2017, 8:58 pm
OneWingedDemon

Julian
July 14th 2017, 8:13 pm
OneWingedDemon

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Professor Serin
Plague-Father
Name: Pluto's Branch
Type: Staff
Quantity: 1
Durability: 6
Element(s): Darkness, Rose/Plant, Illusion
Details Appearance | A 6-foot staff representing the necromancer in Serin. It was crafted from the wood of trees planted in cemeteries. Bound to it is the carcass of Oswald the Bat, a bat from Serin's past. The lower half acts like a pike while the upper half acts as the magical focus.
Abilities: Dark Scribe - The staff may fire orbs of darkness as a projectile equivalent to a arrow or bolt of equal durability and deal similar damage to a synthesized bow or otherwise of equal quality. | 10

Last edited by Professor Serin on March 3rd 2017, 9:16 pm; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
MAG : -
The first ability needs not a cooldown, as it costs actions. It's not a true summon ability, unless you want it to be summonable from a distance. In which case, it has two effects and cannot use a single Mod.

For the third, the fact that you gain life from non player sources is irrelevant. It will have to heal over time and conform to other aspects of the Synthesis Healing meta.

For the fourth, describe an appearance of the ability and a speed. Clarify that the bind is only as strong as your synthesis item, and can be broken by an appropriate amount of force.

Sixth Skill. Please align this damage to an element of your weapon, or specify that it is sans element damage.

Back to top Go down

Professor Serin
Plague-Father
Uh do you mean summoning from his body? That was supposed to be flavor for the initial summoning. If I make that disclaimer, is it okay?

I actually was debating on whether or not draining life would count. Because it is not a proper healing ability, can I still drain it from someone? Would it be the same amount as a regular healing ability? I'll still make it over time.

Uh the ink completely coats their body and restricts movement. I can change the wording, of course, since that was not clear. S0z.

also will do

Speech Color: #6699cc

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
The staff is stored within Serin's body magically, able to be sprouted or retracted back into his flesh at the cost of an action.

I had assumed that this meant you could partially summon it and attack with it from your body, apologies. If it's merely a summoning ability, its fine.

You can drain a PC for the amount damaged, or you can have a healing effect with the flavor of draining non-PCs, but not both. Draining =/= healing and therefore doesn't have to comply to that meta.

How quickly does it coat their body? Is it instantaneous? Is it a hard, brittle substance like steel, or is it rubbery? Also, would this ink protect them from damage, like a shield?

Back to top Go down

Professor Serin
Plague-Father
The first part is merely for the initial summoning. If someone keeps it from returning to him, it's still separate from his body.

I'm gonna drain from PC's. I assume important NPC's count for PC's?

I would say the Ink would cover them instantly because it has to travel to them first. Rubbery would make sense, and no it wouldn't protect them from damage. I guess it could protect them from damage that doesn't do well against rubbery materials.

Back to top Go down

Professor Serin
Plague-Father
bump

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Important NPC's have no distinction from the rest. You will not get the same amount drained from an NPC as you do a PC, as using an NPC essentially makes it a self-healing ability. Either pick PC or NPC.

So it sounds like they're protected from sharp attacks, if the ink has your synthesis durability, as nothing will be able to cut through it without destroying it. Just keep that in mind.

Back to top Go down

Professor Serin
Plague-Father
It was a note meant specifically for things like boss NPC's during events and what-not, something we've done in the past. I'll remove the distinction, but I imagine it should still work on those types of NPC's correct?

Alrighty

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
'NPC Accounts' are misnomers - they are played by people, and thus 'Player Characters'. So, of course.

Assign Collector an element, or classify it as Nul.

Back to top Go down

Professor Serin
Plague-Father
Donezo

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Approved.

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Unaproved. Please edit.

Back to top Go down

Professor Serin
Plague-Father
Donezo

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Add a cooldown.

Back to top Go down

Professor Serin
Plague-Father
I was discussing this with Hoshiko briefly, and he said that it'd fall under the same rules as a projectile weapon. I was unsure how exactly it'd work and not sure if you guys discussed it.

If you still need a cooldown, can I go with doing it only once per post as it is a regular-strength projectile in comparison to projectile-synthesis?

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
I disagree with Hoshi's call, as guns and arrows have physical mechanisms, where this is first and foremost a staff with an additional, synth ability to fire projectiles.

However, I see no issues with a once per post limitation. Ultimately, should you decide to go that route, it won't be held against you if, later on, it's decided Hoshi sticks to that decision.

Edit or wait at your own discretion.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top