(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Galter
MAG : 1
Name: Lightning Spear

Lvl. 1 Effect
MP Cost: 10 MP
Element: Thunder T1
Range: Indefinite. Travels in a straight line, as it has no weight.
Description: The user conjurs a javelin of lightning in a raised hand, then hurls it at a target for minor Thunder damage. Has no homing abilities whatsoever, and loses potency quickly as it travels, at a rate of about ten percent for every ten feet, though it never drops below fifty percent of its original power. Can ignore minor Thunder resistances at any range.

Last edited by Galter on February 4th 2017, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
MAG : -
"Has no homing abilities whatsoever, and loses potency quickly as it travels. A point-blank hit can be decisive against Thunder-weak targets, however, and it ignores the protective properties of scales, making it ideal for fighting draconic enemies."

Remove this portion and place a range on your spell.

OR

Describe in what way it loses potency over distance (such as, loses 10% spell potency for ever 10 feet traveled, at a minimum of X, where x is a reasonable percentage based on the cost of he spell. For this spell, I would recommend 50%).

The scales-portion is very niche. I would recommend saying that it overcomes Thunder resistance by a minor amount, so that it applies in a much wider scope. Normally, a level one spell can produce only one effect, but since you are imposing a limitation on the spell, it is granting you the ability of an additional advantage. This is just for your future knowledge.

Remove the 'point-blank' section of the ability, as it is merely flavor text.

Back to top Go down

Galter
Monte wrote:"Has no homing abilities whatsoever, and loses potency quickly as it travels. A point-blank hit can be decisive against Thunder-weak targets, however, and it ignores the protective properties of scales, making it ideal for fighting draconic enemies."

Remove this portion and place a range on your spell.

OR

Describe in what way it loses potency over distance (such as, loses 10% spell potency for ever 10 feet traveled, at a minimum of X, where x is a reasonable percentage based on the cost of he spell. For this spell, I would recommend 50%).

Your suggestion has been applied. Thunder Spear now has a definite damage drop-off "at a rate of about ten percent for every ten feet, though it never drops below fifty percent of its original power."

The scales-portion is very niche. I would recommend saying that it overcomes Thunder resistance by a minor amount, so that it applies in a much wider scope. Normally, a level one spell can produce only one effect, but since you are imposing a limitation on the spell, it is granting you the ability of an additional advantage. This is just for your future knowledge.

The ability to ignore scales was a reference to the original "Lightning Spear" spell, though I can see how it wouldn't transfer well to Kingdom Hearts. Replaced with a resistance-negative effect.

Remove the 'point-blank' section of the ability, as it is merely flavor text.

Understood. It doesn't do much to explain the spell's function anyway. Removed.

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Approved.

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
This is fine, as long as you realize that there will be no greater version of this spell. Reply to confirm or edit.

Back to top Go down

Galter
Monte wrote:This is fine, as long as you realize that there will be no greater version of this spell. Reply to confirm or edit.

So I can't, in the future, make a completely new version to count as an "upgrade", and delete this one?

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
At the cost of Munny.

Back to top Go down

Galter
Monte wrote:At the cost of Munny.

Eh, I'll probably just scrap Thunder Spear until another day. Projectile magic doesn't really fit Galter's schtick to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top