(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Galter
MAG : 1

General Information

Name: Galter Jenson
     Aliases: Knight Galter
Sex: Male
Species: Human
Appearance: Galter is a veritable giant of a man. He stands at a solid seven feet and five inches, and even a form as lanky as him couldn't hope to bring his weight below two hundred and eighty pounds, especially when taking into account the armor he typically wears into battle. In more passive times, he prefers formal wear, typically suits and the like, and only then does he lose his prized helmet and cloak. His face is one of beautiful royalty, slender and pale, miraculously free of scars. From his scalp comes well-cared-for blonde hair that comes down in pleasant waves.
     Space Paranoids/The Grid: Galter's cloak and armor become a dim gray and blue respectively, while the embellishments and embroideries shhine bright silver and cyan.
     Halloween Town: The threads of his cloaks become much more pronounced, and the many scars in his armor appear more readily as well.
     Christmas Town: The normally blue cloak takes on a red color, and gains a fluffy white trim.
     Atlantica: Result undecided.
     Pride Lands: While traveling in the Pride Lands, Galter appears as an Egyption Wolf.
Personality: Galter has a great deal of confidence in his own strength, and is much more likely to challenge others to duels to gather resources than engage in the odd jobs sensible people would default to. He is used to being in a position of political power, and usually finds it difficult to acknowledge the very idea of someone holding authority over him. Those of particular position, however, such as kings and other rulers, are a subject of immense respect from him, and he knows full well to take a knee when royals turn a corner. He understands little of the conflicts between light and dark, and doesn't hold much of an interest until other priorities are sorted out. On an unrelated note, he seems to have a soft spot for wolves, though he doesn't much care for domesticated hounds.

Stats/Elements

Stats:
      STR ---- 2 Deals minor damage with basic attacks.
      CON ---- 1 At full HP, can survive a single instance of extreme damage.
      AGI ---- 1 Slow, and can only complete one action in a turn.
      SYN ---- 0 Cannot forge his own weapons or modify them.
      MAG ---- 1 Can hold up to 25 MP at a time and cast simple magics.

Elements:
      GRAVITY
      THUNDER
        LIGHT
          FIRE

History and Legacy

History: Galter was originally a loyal knight in the service of a dragon-slaying lord, whom he kept save from insurgents and challengers with his great sword and shield. One day, he was pained to see that his greatshield had been stolen, and he set out with his Lord's blessing of luck to find the thief. The luck saved his life in the face of several beasts, but it did not grant him success in finding his target. Galter gave up his search and returned to the kingdom. Upon his arrival, however, he saw that it had been seiged in his absence by an army of black-bodied soldiers and magicians. He blamed himself for leaving so quickly and not appointing another guardian in his stead. He joined the already-lost defense and drove the army back through the portals they had come through, then vowed to follow them in and find the thief who took his shield, whom he was sure was affiliated with the invaders. Galter swore that he would not return until the shield was his again, as he was not worthy of his position without it.

Other: This character is heavily based off "Knight Artorias" from the Dark Souls game franchise, created by FROM Software and Bandai-Namco.

Last edited by Galter on February 13th 2017, 5:10 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
MAG : -
Your app looks good for the most part, with a few minor errors.

For starters, you have one to many stat points.

Lastly, you would understand that the abilities listed in your elements section are not allowed to be used until they are approved separately in a skill or ability. They function only as a flavor to your character and an insight on what you want them to potentially do. That being said, it's probably best to remove them, in case the way you imagine a certain ability isn't exactly approvable.

You have only spent half (3/6) of your elemental allocation point. You may have three additional proficient elements, or one mastered and one proficient, or add none if you so choose. Just letting you know your options.

Back to top Go down

Galter
MAG : 1
Monte wrote:Your app looks good for the most part, with a few minor errors.

For starters, you have one to many stat points.

I see where my mistake was. I was going between the Stats and Elements frequently, and had the number '6' stuck in my head, so I forgot that Stats had a different count altogether. CON has been lowered to 1.

Lastly, you would understand that the abilities listed in your elements section are not allowed to be used until they are approved separately in a skill or ability. They function only as a flavor to your character and an insight on what you want them to potentially do. That being said, it's probably best to remove them, in case the way you imagine a certain ability isn't exactly approvable.

I know full well that spells and such must be approved before use. I did mention that in the segment about the lightning spell as a way of demonstrating, but in hindsight perhaps it would be better to leave out such details until I've gotten his magic organized proper. The element "descriptions" have been removed.

You have only spent half (3/6) of your elemental allocation point. You may have three additional proficient elements, or one mastered and one proficient, or add none if you so choose. Just letting you know your options.

I understand that, but I don't plan for Galter to be much of a spellcaster, especially not from the beginning. Having the Gravity element has potential to work into some good buff spells, and the lightning spell would be good to have as a ranged offense option (and a nod to the source material) but I doubt I'll go much further. If I do, then I'll probably have gotten the words in to level up his Elements by then.

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
MAG : -
Lovely. I look forward to seeing you develop this character's story.

Approved.

Back to top Go down

Gemini
Approved.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top