Julian
July 14th 2017, 8:13 pm
OneWingedDemon

Eric Glint (WIP)
July 14th 2017, 11:43 am
Eric Glint

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snaz Laka
Chimera
MAG : -
CHIMERA

LV1 | The Incredibly Harmless Snake

♃ | Effect | Snaz Laka's body has adopted a form of serpentine attributes. This makes him as flexible as a snake without losing speed in instances of  such flexibility. He may also stretch incredibly, allowing his body to extend in various points an extra 3 meters. His limbs may extend an extra 6 meters.  This extension does not cause a loss in speed. He may also molt like snakes. Also like some snakes, he may stick to surfaces and slither. Because of this adhesiveness, the stickier he makes himself, the harder it is to pull himself off the surface. He also has a 10% Cold and Fire weaknesss. In this case, Cold an either be Ice or Water that is as cold as casting Ice elements. The change in adhesiveness requires a cooldown before it can be changed again. The adhesiveness can vary in strength from 1-10 relative to the Strength stat.
♃ | Element | N/A
♃ | Duration | N/A
♃ | Cooldown | 1 Post

Last edited by Snaz Laka on March 6th 2017, 11:25 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Abilities that alter anatomy will have to impose as many limitations as they do advantages (ie., gaining gills would mean you can't breathe air). Otherwise, your skill needs to be one single ability.

Back to top Go down

Snaz Laka
Chimera
I imagine, counting 3 advantanges, I only need 2 disadvantages because the one is the given from the skill and the two additional ones would require the drawbacks. Btw the molting skin is just so I can be gross, it's only aesthetic.

I was thinking of a weakness to cold and fire, but unsure on what percent I should make it. What percent would you recommend? 10? 15?

Speech code: #999900

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
The way anatomy skills currently work are the one advantage you get from the skill inherently is to have multiple skills in one slot. Therefore, each of the rest needs a limiting factor to balance it.

Each disadvantage would have to be somehow related to the advantage you gain or the overall anatomy. A cold-blooded snake could be weak to cold abilities (10% is appropriate). You could alter it so that body parts with less flexibility move 10% slower. The sticking to walls could maybe add a resin around your skin that could either mean possible involuntarily sticking, or maybe even be flammable and increase heat abilities damage by 10%. Suggestions, not required courses of action.

Back to top Go down

Snaz Laka
Chimera
Uh the cold-blooded thing was a given of course, so I want to do 10% Cold weakness.

If I do involuntary sticking, I assume with enough oomph I can overcome it pretty easily? Otherwise was planning on doing 10% Fire weakness.

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
It would be as easy to remove yourself as you want it to be. Realize that the less adhesive your solvent is, the easier it would be to remove you.

Back to top Go down

Snaz Laka
Chimera
Can I make that variable?

Gonna go with 10% Cold and Fire weakness, and the adhesive weakness

fixed

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Variation would require a cooldown between variations.

Back to top Go down

Snaz Laka
Chimera
Donezo

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
I'd say rate the adhesiveness between 1-10, where the number represents how much strength someone would need to pull you off with some effort.

EDIT: you would understand that all parts of your skin that can stick are going to be affected by this adhesion change, correct?

Back to top Go down

Snaz Laka
Chimera
Added that and yeah ofc

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Approved.

Back to top Go down

Monte
Keeper of the Abbey
Unapproved. Please conform to the new rules.

Back to top Go down

Snaz Laka
Chimera
removed trinity skill

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
I think you're pushing the limits on racial augmentation. Stretching limbs and sticking to surfaces feel like separate skills, even if you attempt to balance them with elemental weaknesses. Additionally, they should both be active

However, as this had been previously approved, you may use this until we get Hoshi's verdict on the limits of racial augmentation.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top