(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
MAG : 5
One of the new things we are introducing in the system are skills, which work like how passive enchantments once did on an earlier time on the site.

"Skills are inherently and often passive abilities that you character possesses. They are inherent to your character, and can be of either natural or supernatural origin. An example of a natural skill would be a pair of wings that allow you to fly and you can apply all of your physical stats to them. The supernatural example would simply be the passive ability to fly without any external limbs that allow you to do so."

Similar to the choices you make in the beginning of the first game, characters will be given the choice to choose the Sword, Shield, or Staff, and by choosing one, you get a premade ability that cannot be replicated.

So far, the idea we have for premade abilities are dual-actions. The combat system that we have come up with involves limited amount of actions per post in a fight. For example, if you have two actions per post, that means you can only do two things, such as only being able to attack twice, or dodge and then attack. You get more actions the more you increase a certain stat. Dual-action skills allow you to duplicate an action without using up an additional action, which is explained more below:

Sword: Dual-Attack - Allows you two physical actions (though not movement) in one action, as they happen at the same time. For example, somebody swings their sword at you. You block with your right hand and then punch them with your left hand at the same time, and it only counts as one action.
Staff: Dual-Cast - Allows you to cast two spells at once.
Shield: Dual-Summon - Allows you to summon two summons at once.

We are thinking of also expanding this to fit more in line with the first game, where you also had to give up one of the three objects. So you would end up having two premade skills.

Here is what we want your opinions on:

1. Do the current premade skills seem to be adequate or do you think they should be something else?
2. Should we have two premade skills? The alternative is having one premade skill and one skill that you are able to make yourself.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Sidenotes:
-The proposed skills are triggered effects. You use them once and then they go into cooldown. You will not be doubling your total amount of actions.
-To clarify, normally, casting a single spell takes one action. The same applies to summons.
-Any pre-made skills will not be replicable by any means.

Back to top Go down

Olek
Seems adequate to me, I'm also for two pre-mades.

Back to top Go down

Seraphina
MAG : -
So, after many, many different variations of writing this post; here we go.

I like the idea of premade skills, and especially how it's themed after the dive to heart moment if only for the fact that moment was important on how you were going to play Sora- at least on my end. I'd have to say though, I'd like for only one premade to be chosen and getting one to build ourselves. Having two dual action skills is pretty powerful, even if you have a cool-down for them.

Do we know the upward maximum of skills we might be getting?

Last edited by Seraphina on January 28th 2017, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
7 skills will be the max at endgame, which includes the premade skill.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Seraphina wrote: I'd like for only one premade to be chosen and getting one to build ourselves. Having two dual action skills is pretty powerful, even if you have a cool-down for them.

The second premade skill wouldn't necessarily be a second dual-action skill. I, personally, find it rather unlikely.

Although preference for customization is still a valid stance to have.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
the second pre-made skill would be weaker, most likely.

Back to top Go down

Liandry
The Valkyrie
I'm kinda curious why shield gives you summon abilities, I would consider a more defensive option would suit better. like a reduce the damage of a landed attack or something along those lines but its not too big of a point for me.

I would enjoy one premade skill and one we can make just for more customization between writers.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
it fits the theme of the dual-actions, and summoning was the odd man out. if you really want an explanation:

"i summon my friends to protect me!"

the secondary skills would, if done, be more geared specifically towards the attack, defense, and magic theme.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
I personally prefer customization, because it's a bit difficult coming up with separate, balanced skills that aren't just variations of the same premise.

If people have suggestions we're more than willing to hear them out.

Back to top Go down

Iraeika
Yeah, I concur with custom action. The spirit of the choice in kingdom hearts to take one and to relinquish one was to allow your character to grow in a way that suited your playstyle. By giving us two, it's nice to have access, but it would feel kind of like giving up one and claiming both of the others, rather than a replication of the game's give and take. Not to say that it has to be the same as the game, of course.
If you'd like a less "game related" reason: I like having the freedom to change that aspect of my character in more detail.

MP: 25 | FP: 3

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top