(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
This thread asked members to post their top 10 preferred worlds, under the assumption site administration would be implementing a rotating worlds system. This means, as a community, we must pick and choose which worlds to keep on site for whatever, arbitrary amount of time is decided on.

There was a poll on the community discord, which closed with an equal amount of votes both for and against the implementation of rotating worlds.

Whether or not you have voted, the site would appreciate your thoughts and concerns below.

Back to top Go down

Kizara
I say a little change is nice. That is all.

Back to top Go down

Paul:)
Rotate worlds because there are too many and it keeps things so desolate tbh, plus we can destroy worlds and replace them, or change them over time if they become somewhat dead zones.

The problem with having every world opened simply is that we have more worlds than members usually and we should limit until we know what we're doing.

Another idea could be WC requirements to RP in more difficult areas. Such as RoD or TCTNW, or just open worlds like that for events.

this account got bitches

Back to top Go down

Krystal
The problem with having every world that exists in KH is simply that there is too many. That leaves many worlds barely touched in comparison to most other worlds. With a rotation, I'm convinced people are more likely to want to roleplay in those temporary worlds simply because they're there and its a change of pace from "everyone sitting in Radiant Garden."

I'd at least like to try it out for awhile and discuss it again some time from now

Back to top Go down

Artless Artist
After reading the announcements, I would be fine with how it's going to play out- with some permanent hub worlds with rotating ones and some seasonal worlds to mix things up every once in a while. I think it would get rid of empty space on the forum and give incentive to invade join other people's topics and thus engage with the community. For those that worry about their worlds not being on the list, maybe something like a story arc or gathering enough members to go into the world in an effort to make it surface might be something worth thinking about- both to give those who really want that world a chance to get it, and also to make the realm of sleep somewhat relevant in site canon. It shouldn't be easy, but it should at least be possible.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Back to top Go down

ReinaKaitlynn
Perhaps a certain compromise would be in order. Maybe have a couple permanent worlds that we can all reliably fall back on, things that make sense for permanence (World of darkness, for example, probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon). The limited regular worlds can allow for world-based plots to see stability, and the rest of the worlds can fluctuate in and out to keep it fresh and exciting. I would think the rotation alone would be enough to keep people from exclusively sticking to any one place.
One question, though I admittedly haven't read the other topic yet and it might be answered there, how frequently would you rotate? That's going to be important to consider too.

Reina Kaitlynn Extraviena Dorcha Wolvenheim II, Healer, summoner, and general support Thaumaturge.

Back to top Go down

The Silent Wild
I'm just backing up with what others have said, as it is now there are too many worlds within the KH universe leaving some worlds with little to no topics in them. I think having rotating worlds with a few permanent ones will be ideal for getting people to engage with each other and all of the current active worlds, otherwise there is just too much space.

Back to top Go down

Hoshiko
Site Owner
MAG : 5
the current plan for rotating worlds is this:

five permanent worlds. these worlds will be the most popular/iconic worlds so far in the KH universe.

five yearly worlds: worlds that stick around for the entire year and are switched out at the end of the year at the discretion of the staff.

three seasonal worlds: every three months, members will be able to vote in which next three worlds will be. not quite sure if we'll allow repeats or not.

in addition, if there is enough community demand at the end of the world, a yearly world may stay on for another world or we may switch out a permanent world.

Back to top Go down

Dataloid
What Reina said, a few worlds or places you can't really hold to this rule like ROD or End of the World BUT people can't just waltz right into those places. Like it doesn't make sense for non-heartless to be like "OH MAN IM JUST GONNA RP IN THE ROD"

otherwise I figured TWTNW would be an ambiguous world not always available because the lower area is always full of darkness. Castle Oblivion would be another world that doesn't disappear for the same reason as most worlds will bc of its even more ambiguous nature.

That's just how I feel but I do all-in-all agree with rotating worlds.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
ReinaKaitlynn wrote:One question, though I admittedly haven't read the other topic yet and it might be answered there, how frequently would you rotate? That's going to be important to consider too.

Currently, although susceptible to change, we would have five permanent worlds, five worlds rotated yearly, and three worlds rotated seasonally.

If there is enough demand, we may replace a permanent world or keep a world past their designated time.

Edit: Ninja'd lol.

Back to top Go down

Annalise
MAG : 10
The idea to have several perma-worlds to act as the general rp hubs for characters, alongside having rotated worlds is an idea I'd like to see implemented. I'd say the number of worlds being voted on reduced a little, seeing as "filler" worlds could be a thing.

Back to top Go down

Shirou
I am currently thinking about adding three additional origin worlds, Disney Town, Realm of Darkness, and The World That Never Was, that are only accessible based on if you are a somebody, heartless, or nobody, respectively. You can also travel to one of them that isn't of your origin if an inhabitant there takes you, or through a special site plot related means.

I'm debating on if I should add this, and if I do, if I should cut down the amount of worlds on the roster or not. if the for, I'd probably take off one permanent world, one yearly world, and one seasonal world.

what are your guys' thoughts on this?

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Back to top Go down

Hm.. Part of me is against it but I understand the concept you're shooting for.

I take it these are like hub worlds, or spawn points or something? I don't want to be from disney town personally but I suppose it could work well with the HQ of the guilds thing. Tbh I'm indifferent here and I'll be okay whatever you go too.

this account got bitches

Back to top Go down

Chastelle
If what we discussed and I understand is right, you wouldn't be from one of those three worlds, but they would act like central hubs for the three species (Somebodies, Heartless, Nobodies).

Back to top Go down

Felonix
MAG : 8
Olek wrote:Another idea could be WC requirements to RP in more difficult areas. Such as RoD or TCTNW, or just open worlds like that for events.

For what my opinion is worth, if anything, I would agree to have a post limit or requirement to write in the worlds and make them all available.

I remember when I first started on this site many years ago now, this was how it was. The exact numbers escape me, but it was something to the extent of "50 posts required to RP in Twilight Town" "100 posts/Wonderland" etc. I remember the allure and excitement I felt behind "unlocking" a new world and the drive I felt to post in order to create new stories. It felt a bit limited, but ultimately, created a challenge of sorts for my writing style to improve as I progressed, creating my own natural story on the site as opposed to hopping from all worlds.

That aside, I am not opposed to the rotating world set. I feel it will encourage users to keep a more precise story as opposed to all worlds, and unused worlds will see activity.

Back to top Go down

Artless Artist
A central hub, huh; I'll carry a vote in its favor. I don't mind taking off a permanent world either, but keeping the yearly and seasonal worlds the same.

Back to top Go down

Gemini
It'd probably just end up lowering activity on those worlds. Sure, the gimmick might appeal to people at first due to appearing to be something fresh and new, but it's not like there's any additional incentive for characters of the same species to thread there. They might do it at first, but eventually people will branch off to other worlds and lose interest in their origin world since it only offers limits on what they can do and who they can meet.

Furthermore, origin worlds also assume that there'll be a reasonable amount of characters of each of the three species. If there's only two or three active nobodies onsite then The World That Never Was isn't going to serve much of a purpose. Sure, they could start bringing somebodies and heartless in to raise activity there, but if a bunch of characters who aren't nobodies are constantly running around the world and roleplaying in topics there then that kind of defeats the point of the origin worlds, doesn't it?

I'd say either scrap the idea or rework it so that it depends on the character's heart element instead of their state of being. But that's just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
Shirou wrote:I am currently thinking about adding three additional origin worlds, Disney Town, Realm of Darkness, and The World That Never Was, that are only accessible based on if you are a somebody, heartless, or nobody, respectively.

STOP SEGREGATING THE PEOPLE, OPPRESSOR.

Back to top Go down

Artless Artist
I see your point, Gemini; perhaps I was too quick to go for the idea of a hub world. I can see how that doing the hub worlds in that way would have to assume that nobodies, heartless and somebodies are equally popular in order to work correctly. However, on the note of splitting it in between heart elements, I feel it would just do the same thing you said the hub worlds would be doing; splitting people up by element and limiting who they can interact with or what they can do.

Another thing that happens is that somebodies are immediately more appetizing, in that, even if you can only choose one world, somebodies have the potential to go into two worlds as opposed to just one. This may be a feature or a bug depending on the person of course, as it means heartless and nobodies are more exclusive. In any case, I'm gonna retract my vote for now.

So Shi, is there any bonuses or something of a similar nature by going with that kind of hub structure?

Back to top Go down

Renzenku
To come into this, out of nowhere, I think it's overall a solid idea. There are 34 Worlds, I believe, in the Kingdom Hearts Universe. I agree that this is far too many, and that having a static number of worlds mixed with rotating ones would work well.

However, I disagree with the concept of origin / hub worlds. It adds unnecessary bloat to the roster of worlds, and pigeonholes new roleplayers. The 5 permanent worlds should be capable of covering this category by its very nature.

It's a great idea, in my opinion, to have 5 static worlds (always there), and then some yearly, some quarterly. I would argue for slightly less yearly worlds myself, something like 3 yearly / 4 quarterly.

In this vein there would be 12 worlds to RP in at all times, 5 always there, and 7 ever changing. The reason I propose more quarterly instead of yearly is simply because of the very concept this wishes to fulfill: more activity across worlds that see less activity normally. It only makes sense, to me at least, to have more worlds changing out instead of staying static. It also means that it would take just under 2 years to see every world pop up; considering some worlds are highly unpopular that seems like a good timeline to me.

As an idea, that I am only putting out for discussion here, the 5 permanent worlds could be the "KH" worlds over the Disney worlds, so Twilight Town / Traverse Town / Radiant Garden / Disney Castle / The World That Never Was. With the yearly worlds being the 'most famous' Disney Worlds (i.e; Agrabah, Wonderland??) , and the quarterly being the slightly less popular (i.e; Land of Dragons??).

That's my two cents on the matter, for what it's worth.

The sudden plunge on the sullen swell, ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

Back to top Go down

Chastelle
Renzenku wrote:and the quarterly being the slightly less popular (i.e; Land of Dragons??).

not shooting you down or anything (I do see your points) but Land of Dragons got as many votes on the poll as Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden, people really liked that world.

Back to top Go down

Renzenku
Chastelle wrote:
Renzenku wrote:and the quarterly being the slightly less popular (i.e; Land of Dragons??).

not shooting you down or anything (I do see your points) but Land of Dragons got as many votes on the poll as Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden, people really liked that world.

Neat! I honestly didn't know, mostly just blind guesses based on information long, long, long out of date. I must admit I'm surprised, even though much can change in years, it used to be extremely inactive as a world. Glad it has picked up in popularity though!

The sudden plunge on the sullen swell, ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

Back to top Go down

Belal
The Eldritch Horror
If we're going to rotate worlds, I'd prefer four seasonal worlds. It allows us to go through the worlds more quickly.

Back to top Go down

Chastelle
5 Perma/4 Yearly/4 Seasonal does sound nice in hindsight (and there's still 13 lmao)

Back to top Go down

Quarterly over yearly seems better I agree there, perhaps quarterly change every six months? Assuming you don't mean have 4 quarters in a year because that leaves only 3 months to every quarterly world. Which would make it the same as a seasonal to me.

this account got bitches

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top