Hot Damn Kids
June 2nd 2017, 4:53 pm
Newo

Hi!
May 29th 2017, 8:20 pm
Noko Troshiro (Adult)

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leo
Arms outstretched as he let out a yawn. His sight was slightly foggy as his consciousness began to return to him slowly. His toes wiggled around in the dew stained grass as the half-wolf began to sit up. A sight I'll never get weary of... Leo thought as he gazed out over a lush valley full of life. The grass swayed to the breeze as a young fawn pranced around its mother.

The was the haven the troubled wolf had searched for...this was his escape...his retirement. Years he had spent in vain pursuit of whatever his darkened heart longed for and now...after losing everything and everyone he ever cared for...now was time to rethink things. Now was the time to attempt a change.

Leo had come to the Land of Dragons only a few days prior. He had spent the past two years traveling about the known worlds trying to find his home...home? What once he called Destiny Islands...and then Twilight Town...and then Hollow Bastion...and then Castle Oblivion...and then...then nowhere to call home. He had become a wanderer, a traveler in search of something to fill the empty void that was in his heart.

Perhaps this would be the one...perhaps the Land of Dragons was where he would restfully respite for the remainder of his days...of course this old sea dog had a way of drastically altering his current situation at the drop of a hat.

He smirked as he began to think of all of the possibilities this place might hold...he lifted up a small flask and took a sip of homemade rum as his cheeks flinched from the burning that soon engulfed his throat. Changing for the better could wait another day.

Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms

Back to top Go down

Felonix
MAG : 4
I told you once IAGIS, My Castle is all I need! These worlds aren't...

But Sir, it's been months! And not to mentio...

I don't care how long it's been since anything! You couldn't possibly understa...

...The mental strain on your Memories Sir! You can't just...

This bickering between the Nobody and the Automated System had been going on for hours. It all started when IAGIS interrupted a game of chess between Lord Felonix and Anse.. Well, Anse's Memory, to be more exact. The interruption had been nothing more than a quick suggestion: search this new universe for signs of life. Once Felonix rejected the suggestion and called IAGIS a few choice words, IAGIS retaliated by shutting down the Memory Link between Castle Oblivion and Lord Felonix. It didn't take much after that to trick the Forgotten Steward into his ship. By switching from Monitor to Monitor, IAGIS led Felonix from his Throne to the Teleporter, the Teleporter to the Hanger, and the Hanger to the Cockpit of his Gummi Ship.

And if you think I'm going to...

Sir, I need you to listen to...

No, you're going to listen...

SIR!

IAGIS's manual Volume Controls adjusted the Speaker Level inside the small Cockpit to a level loud enough to get Felonix to stop talking. After an awkward silence, IAGIS came back over the intercom.

We've arrived in the Land of Dragons. If record serves correctly, this world held no ill will towards you in the final moments of our Universe's collapse.

No, but where were they when we needed their help? He muttered under his breath.

No talking like that anymore Sir. New Universe, New People, New Rules. If you're going to claim to be the Lord of Castle Oblivion, you may as well learn the Diplomacy behind the title.

Felonix grumbled to himself, before grabbing his sword, Burning Rage, from its mount in the ship and holstering it on his back. Diplomacy or not, he would not be left unprotected.

The cabin door opened as Lord Felonix stepped outside. He shielded his eyes as he walked, this being the first time he had seen sunlight in months.

Brighter than I remember.. He noted to himself. Ultimately, he looked rather disheveled for a Nobody. His long flowing hair covered his face in a manner suggesting he hadn't cared for it in a while. The bags under his eyes prominently displayed his lack of sleep, necessary for even a shell like him. His signature White Jacket looked wrinkled and unpressed, as if he hadn't taken it off in weeks. Truth told, he hadn't.

He walked for what felt like ages on his recently unused muscles before seeing a man sitting on top of a hill drinking out of what appeared to be a flask. Finally someone with the right idea. The only comfort Felonix had taken in his empty castle besides his memories were multiple bottles of Scotch and Chainsmoking. He lit a cigarette as he walked, coming up behind the stranger before sitting beside him with the grace of an elephant falling from a 20 story building. From his jacket he revealed a bottle of Scotch, half empty, and held it out to the halfling beside him.

Cheers mate. He took a swig out of the bottle.

He looks familiar.. he thought to himself as he matched the man's gaze and stared out into the distance.

(OoC: Sorry it took so long for a response. I can only post at work and my boss was on my ass all day Friday '^_^)

Back to top Go down

Leo
OOC: It's all good brother :P

IC: The breeze picked up gradually as his emerald eyes scanned the horizon. From the top of the hill he could see a couple of small villages bustling with life and the castle square off in the distance.

Twould it not be a good idea to take a stroll through the castle...perhaps there be gold behind those walls... his pirate mind began to wonder...what lie behind those castle gates?

It was then that he heard approaching foot steps...if it were an assassin coming to kill him he would have never heard them so therefore it must be someone that meant not harm...unless the assassin wanted to play a game of cat and mouse and "play" with its food before devouring it.

The being plumped down beside the half-wolf and extended a bottle of scotch. Leo extended his flask as well and "clinked" them as if they were toasting something of importance. He didn't get a good look at the fellow...his hair hid his face, yet the jacket stood out for some reason...Leo's memory was blurry, but he had seen that jacket somewhere before.

"Cheers mate...don't know what you're celebrating, but any reason is good nuff fer me...savvy?" the old sea dog muttered as he took another swig from the flask.

"It ain't strong enough if it don't burn goin' down ay?"

Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Felonix
The Lord of Castle Oblivion nodded once, and out of habit, smirked as he responded.

I couldn't agree more.

That voice.. The man's voice lingered in the back of his head, his memory searching for where he had heard it before. The only person he could think of had passed away long ago in his universe.. New Universe, New People, New Rules IAGIS's voice echoed, temporarily halting his mental search through his past. Right.. He could just be a simile, a shattered likeness of that man.. Or someone different altogether. He let his thoughts rest as he stared blankly in front of him. His arm absentmindedly brought his scotch back to his mouth, his mouth eagerly accepting the call as the liquor passed over his tongue.

His gaze, still matching the man he had joined, had focused not on the village but on the castle. A small, hidden scowl formed on his face. This world had abandoned him in the final hours of his Universe. Sure, he reasoned, they didn't have much. They had only been rebuilding for less than a year after Onix's attacks. They had enough to not ignore my Distress Beacons.. The sour thought reminded him why IAGIS had dragged him here in the first place.

Diplomacy. He held his bottle out in front of him, offering a Salut to the setting sun in the distance. My.. he paused, deciding to withhold IAGIS's presence. He didn't know what kind of technology this Universe had become accustomed to. He took a drink before starting again.

An Adviser of mine.. Advised me to get out of my Castle more, to visit the worlds I once held a connection to. Another pause, then the slightest hint of disdain arose as he spoke again. Despite the bad tastes they may leave behind.

The cigarette in the left corner of his mouth had almost extinguished itself. Felonix had gotten very used to leaving it there for long periods of time, long enough that it would inevitably extinguish before becoming nothing more of a Calling Card of sorts. A silent snap on his free hand's fingers would reignite the tube. After which, he reached into his jacket and retrieved the pack before extending it to the man beside him.

Smoke?

Back to top Go down

Leo
Leo nodded towards the man as he reached out, grabbing hold of a cigarette. He proceeded to pull out a match from his pocket and strike it against the bottom of his boot, lighting the smoke and taking a puff.

"Thank ye..."

The man had mentioned getting out of his castle more...obviously this was a well to do sort of person. Perhaps rich...no telling. There was something familiar about him though, yet Leo couldn't quite grasp what it was. His memory was a little foggy since the last war...or perhaps it was the rum...eh, no telling.

"Tis good to get out now and then to stretch yer legs eh? Must be nice though, ruling yer own kingdom...nice castle to call home...subjects to do what ya command them to do...course I'm sure it comes with it's fair share of difficulties."

Leo took another swig of his rum before puffing once more on the cigarette. He inhaled deeply and held his breath for a moment. He was sure this was not just tobacco, but he surely didn't mind.

"I've beheld my share of bad tastes when it comes to worlds such as this ole lass...Something that cannot be undone eh? You could choose to wash it all away wiv some good ole rum...or you could do something about it...call it being a pirate, call it what ya will, but I say...an eye fer an eye...savvy?"

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Felonix
(OoC: One of these days I'm going to remember how to do this RP thing in a timely manner... Haha)

The man beside him took a cigarette and lit it. Had he not been a Nobody, Felonix might have been surprised. He typically offered merely out of habit, to show he meant no ill will. Almost never did someone actually take him up on the offer. He almost chuckled at the thought until the halfling mentioned the responsibilities of ruling a castle... The responsibilities of command and, by extension, protect. The thought of his citizens as the anger slowly rose inside him turned his face to stone as he stared at the castle in the distance.

He was not brought out of his trance until his conversation partner mentioned an eye for an eye. Vengeance. Truth be told, Felonix had considered seeking vengeance on this universe, to take lives from every world in the stars to balance every life lost from his own grasp. He had weeks to think about how he would do it, his own solitude unintentionally driving him mad with the thought. But how would Vengeance make me any better than Onyx? Or who I used to be for that matter.. he thought to himself.

Diplomacy. IAGIS is right..

He cocked a half smile as he removed the ashen cigarette from his mouth before replacing it with another from the pack that he had yet to put away. Again, he lit it using his ability, took a deep long drag, and exhaled.

Unfortunately friend, Vengeance has not been my path for many years.. The partial smile that toyed with his lips disappeared as he continued, a heavy memory weighing on his mind. To this day he wouldn't be able to find a reason for sharing his story, but he did anyway.

When I was but a young, foolish Nobody, a creature new and reckless to the world, I betrayed a group of friends I held very dear to me.. We were to protect Disney Castle as the leader, a close friend of mine at the time, tried to secure an ancient artifact from falling into the wrong hands. Another drag on the cigarette, then he continued. With the promise of Power, I betrayed the leader of the world and my group of Guardians, and paid dearly. It took far too long for me to rebuild my trust with all parties involved, but I finally did so by proving my lust for Vengeance against the man who had double-crossed me. His eyes shifted to the ground as he took a drink out of the now almost empty bottle of Scotch.

The Vengeance slowly consumed me, drove me, engulfed me.. I was so busy hunting for the backstabber that I let a friend very close to me die.. You see, he asked for my assistance, but I had a solid lead to follow in my own hunt, and I made the wrong decision. Since then, I don't follow the path of the Vengeful. Save for one man. One mysterious asshole.. He thought. He left the final part out though.

A bird chirped in the distance as Felonix sat in the silence. He hadn't talked to anyone... well, a REAL anyone... like that in almost a month. It felt.. relieving, if only for a brief moment.

He turned slightly, enough to extend his hand to the man next to him.

I am Felonix, Empty Lord of the Castle Oblivion, Steward of Innovation, Forgotten General of the Realm of Darkness, Reckless Guardian of Wind.. Final Remnant of the Apocalypse War.

He paused as he spoke the last part, the thought that he was the sole survivor of his universe almost ruining his grand introduction.

Back to top Go down

Kasturi
A soft sound of chatter was carried with the whistling of the breeze. Across the hill the words beats a curious rhythm that reached a lonely figure, the Traveler, passing by the dancing grassfields.

He tilt his head to look at two presence sitting at a peak, there was something peculiar, and lead by this sense he approached them.

The Traveler now positioned at the furthest left, stood for a while as he pondered what custom of greeting is used in this land, and settled with a curt half bow, like how the Chinese villagers does. He sat down, parting aside his tattered cloak and pulling out a bamboo water container strung by wheat cord, a traditional local produce.

He wasn't a native, as evident by his brown graying hair and tan face, but less evident than the two strangers he had joined. Felonix, he heard the man's introduction and story, but the other he can only guess by his islander dialect.

Gan bay...
the Traveler motioned a toast to his new companions in Mandarin.

A fine fate to share a drink with Lord of Castle Oblivion, and a well travelled Seaman.

OOC: Hye guys ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Back to top Go down

Leo
OOC: Sorryfor the delay guys!

IC: Leo took a mighty swing o' rum as he listened to this man talk about vengeance...but then he mentioned something...something very familiar. An occasion where he was to protect Disney Castle...the guardians. It had been a long time since Leo had heard either of those names. All of a sudden memories rushed back to him. Memories of his days in the Guardians of Restoration, memories of their rag tag group fighting for the survival of the good...yet slowly the Guardians either all faded away into eternity or vanished from the history books.

Before Leo said a word, this man introduced himself as Felonix. Of course it was Felonix. That voice was so very familiar. Had it really been that long that Leo couldn't place it?

"Felonix?...Years ago I was known as Leo...the Guardian of Storms...fallen Emperor of Agrabah...but now a days I'm known as Cap'n. "

He smirked slightly as he raised his rum flask to Felonix. He poured out a shot on the ground before taking a sip himself. "To our fallen Guardians..."

It was then that another weary traveler joined their ranks upon the hilltop. He seemed like he intended no harm as he offered up his greetings. He seemed to know Felonix, perhaps he had visited his realm or something.

"Aye mate. What brings you about?"

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Felonix
(OoC: Hey Kast! And no worries Leo, I travel a lot for work so I can't always respond quickly myself lol)

The Empty Lord cracked a half smile as his old friend reintroduced himself. A comforting warmth of familiarity spread over him before disappearing quickly. Alternate Universe.. He thought to himself. Even though this man has lived the same experiences as Leo, he's not the same person I knew. Still.. Realizing that he had no friends, and in a new universe could desperately use some, he kept up the charade.

Leo, my old friend.. His half smile grew to a full grin as he began to brush the hair away from the front of his face, pushing it off to one side and partially completing his traditional look. It's been far too long. He followed suit, pouring out approximately a shot of his own liquor before taking a swig. He decided to test the knowledge of this alternate Leo.

Leo.. How do you remem..

He was cut off by the arrival of another, a man who out of the corner of his eye bowed as he joined them. Felonix shifted, his hair drifting in front of his face again to cover it. He meant no ill will to the man who joined, but he had made a few enemies in his old universe, and not recognizing the newcomer, was unable to tell if he had been friend or foe to the Felonix of this universe.. The Felonix of this universe.. he rethought to himself. Whatever happened to him? Me? Us? Shit..

The newcomer offered a salut, seemingly intending no harm, as Felonix raised his own bottle to acknowledge him. Indeed friend, a Lord has little time to see people outside of his Castle, and this man.. Felonix gestured with his cigarette towards Leo.. Is one of the finest people you could surround yourself with. Realizing he may have come off a bit cold, he raised his glass again in a proper toast.

Slàinte agad-sa, and welcome.

Last edited by Felonix on October 18th 2016, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Holy Spelling/Grammar Errors Batman!!)

Back to top Go down

Kasturi
Kasturi is my name, though here they call me Zhi Lee.

I'm a trader. Now making my fortune in the Imperial City, a place where anything can be bought or sold for a coin.

The Traveler beamed a curt smile that came as natural as had he was a human. It was his way of reciprocating the welcome shown by Felonix and Leo.

He then looked at Leo, the man held to such high esteem by a Lord of another world. He must be a man of great exploits, which makes it curious .  

I had just wrapped up a lucrative deal and was in passing back from the village. I would like to tell you all about it, but my life is rather boring... and rather ruin the occasion, I'd be more pleased to know about you, will you humor me with tales of your adventures?

He motions toward the Pirate.

Back to top Go down

Leo
It seemed as though Felonix was in the middle of asking a question as the newcomer, Kasturi, approached. Surely he would soon find out what it was his old comrade was curious of.

This Kasturi seemed to be a nice enough fellow, a trader of sorts, unless he was withholding the truth and simply giving himself a disguise with his words as to not arise suspicions among Felonix and the ole sea dog.

He was curious of Leo's exploits...the Cap'n grinned as he took another swig o' rum. But which tale to tell?

"By all means, you first. Don't withhold a story whilst it sits on the tip of your tongue. Do tell us the delicious details and perhaps I will humor you with a tale or two of my exploits upon the seven seas." Leo was always a junky for a story, always eager to hear what others had experienced while traveling through these old forsaken worlds.

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Felonix
(OoC: Jesus I'm horrible. Sorry for making you guys wait! Busy month for me)

Kasturi the newcomer seemed friendly enough. After namedropping Felonix, presumably from listening in on the conversation he was having with Leo before joining the group, he made no advance of ill-will towards them. Deciding he could relax a bit, he stared back off into the distance, listening to the Pirate and the Traveler banter about telling stories. He smirked as he interjected and looked towards Kasturi.

Well friend, no offense meant, but I don't know you.. He paused. As far as I remember at least. He grinned honestly. I think a story would help fix that. He turned his attention to Leo, deciding this would be a good way to test this Universe's version's memories and see how close he was to the Leo he knew.

Don't think you've escaped this though. I've always enjoyed stories of your exploits. I figure one of your tales of infamy should help to balance the scales. His grin remained, hoping one of them would acknowledge his proposal.

A story would be nice right now. He thought to himself.

Back to top Go down

Kasturi
Kasturi was pleasantly surprised by the turn of flow in the conversation, it was not what he first predicted. He raised one eyebrow in a look of bemused expression.

I have myself shrewd customers I see... very well, a trade of equal bargain, on my honor as a merchant, said the Traveler in a playful tone.

He reaches his hand into the folds of his travelling cloak, and pulls out a medium sized tome. It was adorned by golden inscribed rings that criss-cross the checkered cover, with a central blue diamond inset.

Unshackled; I'll take a piece,

To fill our debauchery,

Chain of memories,

-A tale for three.

Sing us a story,

The golden rings start to expand from the book, and float from the cover. The blue diamond shines fiery colorful rays towards thick clouds of miasma.

Be at ease. We're going to a mid-summer's evening, at the Castle of Dreams.

Like morning haze, the miasma surrounds the three people, forming columns of marble, high ceilings, and ghostly parade of finely dressed crowds. As the forms coalesce, the halls of Castle of Dreams came to life in front of them.

It was a banquet, filled with men and women dancing merrily to sound of orchestral music.

And entering the scene was a beautiful lady with black flowing hair, in white dress. She held a white porcelain mask in one hand, as she stares off to the distance. What's peculiar is the blue markings on her fair skin.

A young man enters and bows courteously. As he raised his head, it was clear he was the splitting image of the Traveler, but with youthful brown hair as opposed to graying brown, and the same dark eyes.

"My name is Kasturi, Co-host for tonight's event. How do you find your evening here thus far?"

"Greetings, m'lord. It's a pleasure to meet you...and I'm glad to be here,"

Ahh... to be young, the old current Kasturi chirped, folding his arms and smiling. If he was young, he might've feel embarrassed now.

The woman in white looked around the hall, where banners bearing colors of the Elements drapes the walls. 18 different banners of 18 Elements in total. Her face flushed, before she turned back towards young Kast.

"I apologize...where are my manners...I am Arianne Rose...Guardian of Water."

(OOC: No prob Fel, take your time :) Also guys, I'm just winging it and don't know where our story will go.)

Back to top Go down

Leo
Leo smiled as the traveler caused the golden rings to arise and dance about as a fog surrounded them. This was better than a mere story, this felt like they were a part of it.

Suddenly the hillside changed into a banquet hall with people dancing all around. Leo stood up from the place where he sat and gazed around in awe and wonder.

There across the room was a lady in white. His breath left him. His smile faded, but not because he was sad...rather as a result of hesitation. Surely it couldn't be...his heart paused, refusing to beat another beat until he knew. Arianne Rose...

Rose...

He felt a pain in his chest...a longing. To be so close yet so far. His eyes gazed upon her porcelain skin, her dark hair...yet he might as well have been a million miles away. Such cruelty to see her yet not able to speak with her.

His eyes grew wet as a tear was about to escape yet he inhaled deeply with an attempt to calm himself. He couldn't let himself get worked up. This wasn't real. At least not now. This was a memory...and not even one of his own yet nevertheless he longed to see her. He dreamed often of his days long past.

He was truly intrigued as to where this memory would take them. What turn of events would unfold? What happened next? Even though this was years in the past, perhaps before the days where he knew Lady Rose, it was still new to them.

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Felonix
Felonix smiled as the traveler called Kasturi pulled a book from within his cloak. The rings rose and created an aura that surrounded the three, and the smile from Felonix's face quickly disappeared. He shifted back so as to be out of sight of Kasturi and Leo as they were seemingly transported to the Castle of Dreams. This book.. he thought, before mentally pausing as Kasturi addressed them again, reveling in his desires to be young. It seems to work just like Castle Oblivion.. but how?

Kasturi was enchanted with telling his tale, and Leo seemed to be mesmerized long enough for Felonix to reach up and place his communicator in his ear. It was small enough that when covered by his long, white hair, would be unnoticeable to his companions.

I'm already working on it Sir. I've been monitoring your behavior since you arrived to ensure you wouldn't.. Start anything, for lack of better words. Felonix would have argued with IAGIS, but speaking now would give him away. I'll see what I can find. As IAGIS finished speaking, Felonix heard another familiar, yet long lost voice.

Arianne Rose.. The Guardian of Water.. Truth be told, Felonix had only met her a handful of times, and as far as he could remember, had only had the pleasure of working with her on one operation. But to see her there, younger than he remembered, pulled at him. He had been alone for so long that to run into one Guardian and be shown another in the same day would have been overwhelming to him. Leo's manner seemed to change as well, wanting to reach out to the former Guardian. Felonix knew him to be smarter than that though, knowing that he must also know this to be a shadow of a memory.

This universe's Leo knew her too.. That must mean at one point the Guardians had been fully united here as well.. Felonix wanted to question this alternate universe, why it didn't seem so alternate but more of a mirror to his home universe. Now wasn't the time for that however. His cautions about the Traveler rose again as he spoke. To keep up appearances however, he put on his smile again.

Tell me friend, this memory you're showing us.. Is this a memory of yours.. He gestured to the Lady Rose with his flask.. Or one of hers?

Back to top Go down

Kasturi
Kasturi watched from the corner of his eye, the smiles of amusement from his companions, as the world took shape around them. It was well that they found it entertaining.

Halfway however, he lost sight of Felonix, while Leo's smile gradually fade away.

Rose...

His voice was laced with familiarity and longing. For a second his eyes seemed to soften, but that disappeared as quickly as it came. Kasturi recognized those eyes too well.

The Traveler raised himself off the ground and stepped forward. Passing Leo, he inquired the pirate nonchalantly;

"Are you acquainted with her?"

He pace slowly around the young Kasturi and Arrianne Rose, both now in deep conversation, both oblivious to the third presence near them. "This is when we first met,"

"Back then I was a young rascal, who only had magic in mind, and self-righteousness in heart. But fate had me meet someone, that intrigued me more than myself," said the Traveler with a coy smile. Standing side by side to young Kasturi, he now began to mimic his younger self.

"-I must clearly say, I would have easily talked about all my time in meeting you, even for eternities to come, or should death grace me first." The young Kasturi and the real Kasturi both bowed back a little and offered a hand to Rose, "But before then, would you grace me first tonight with a dance with you?"

Arianne's complexion had flushed crimson. It was clear she was flattered, but her eyes betray her thoughts; there was conflict in her mind.

Felonix who had kept silent all this while, finally spoke; "Tell me friend, this memory you're showing us.. Is this a memory of yours.. " He gestured to the Lady Rose with his flask.. "Or one of hers?"

The Traveler broke off from the mime to address Felonix. "Yes... and yes."

"Funny things are, these chain of memories, I've yet quite manage to decipher it. The Book of Journeys can only show the past through clairvoyance, but not relive it. Chain of memories is peculiar, in that it shares the same inter-connections our hearts have. What you see are shared memories, between me and her," gesturing towards Rose,

"However, sometimes the connection tugs at another chain, when the heart yearns for it strongly,"

Arriane Rose stood before Kasturi, her eyes still hints at something troubling her, the same look as was Leo's.

A deep longing.

In an instant the halls of Castle of Dreams faded to white, and snow started to fall.

Rose was still standing, but before her was a man with dashing smile. He stood where Kasturi had been, and he took Rose into his arms. They both danced amidst the crowds at the Christmas Ball. Rose was laughing, her eyes shined with youthfulness, locked in gaze with the man.

Xeremij

The image stayed in the few seconds that seemed like forever, before fading back again, to the Castle of Dreams evening banquet, and Rose was still standing where she had; before Kasturi. The other man is nowhere to be seen.

Lady Rose paused, and gave a curtsy.

"I don't mean to offend you, but I am a little parched. I wouldn't mind a drink before I go with you to dance...If you don't mind accompanying me there, of course. I would hate to lose you in this crowd...I rather like your company, m'lord."

Young Kasturi blinked, but a soft smile spread on his face. He straighten to face Rose.

"Of course my lady,"

The Traveler looked on wistfully. "If I've regrets, it's that I didn't manage to share a dance with her. And that particular flash of memory, if you've guessed, was not a shared memory, but wholly Arriane's, brought by the strength of connection of her heart,"

OOC: Dang, my writing skills 4 years ago is cringy as hell >_>

Back to top Go down

Leo
Leo's eyes never left Lady Rose. How could something feel so real yet so impossible? He felt frozen in time as a slight breeze swept his hair to and fro. Kasturi then passed by inquiring on their knowledge of one another...acquaintances?

"Perhaps at one time...but I'd like to think we became so much more."

The scenery began to shift and suddenly snow began to fall. Leo looked up into the heavens and when his gaze fell back upon the grand hall there she was with yet another familiar face. They danced about as if they were skating on ice...so graceful, as if they were floating.

As it changed once more, a young Kasturi appeared once again. Leo had never seen something like this before. Often he would think back on some fond memories, but never had he been able to look back and actually see them come to life before his very eyes. A whole new emotion began to flood his mind as he stepped forward a couple of steps. His lips parted as his voice was about to speak, but hesitation sank in. This was nothing more than a memory...something that happened long ago. While he could see her...he couldn't speak to her...it would do no good.

The pirate fell silent, looking over to Felonix and back to the scene before them, curious as to what would unfold next.

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Felonix
(OoC: Guys, I'm responding in a reasonable time! Light the beacons!! :D )

Shared memories between the two of them? He pondered what he had been told, trying to figure out how it was possible. How can he tug on a link of a heart long gone? As Kasturi turned back to the scene before them, his eyes gazed at the book. Perhaps the book can link to other people's memories? IAGIS spoke, interrupting his thoughts.

I know it isn't much help to speculate Sir, but if this is a shared memory, that book must be the key. He nodded quickly and gently, just enough for the gyroscopic sensor in the earpiece to recognize his acknowledgement. I'll continue researching this book, but local record shows no history of it's existence. Felonix was almost completely lost in thought, only drawn out of it by the changing of the scene around them.

The Christmas Ball. Snow started to fall as he looked on, watching the young woman who had before seemed so withdrawn now having the time of her life with a nobody Felonix knew all too well.

Xeremij. His name escaped his lips in almost a muted whisper. Felonix had known him both as Human and Nobody, as Friend and Mentor. As a man he had once betrayed and worked to gain the trust of once more. The man who entrusted Castle Oblivion to to save it from the hands of Onyx. The man he had failed.

Felonix now rose as well, joining the other two men. In all his time in Castle Oblivion, with all his technology, the Lord of the Castle hadn't been able to bring himself to bringing a memory of Xerimij back. His failure to him had weighed heavy on his shoulders for months. In what seemed an impossible moment, Xeremij seemed to look right over Rose's shoulder, directly into Felonix's eyes before fading away. He knew it couldn't have been more than coincidence, but it burdened him nonetheless, a longing of the past dancing inches before him and disappearing as quickly as his universe had. The scene changed back to the young Kasturi as Felonix moved to stand just behind of Leo's right shoulder as Kasturi explained the deep glimpse into Arriane's past.

In all my research into the binds of the chains that link our hearts, I've never known a forgotten heart to so powerfully display a memory such as that. He flicked his cigarette, placing his now free left hand on the hilt of Lingering Darkness. For now, he left it sheathed and mostly concealed by his coat. It was more of a resting gesture for the once Forgotten General. It was a habit he had not been able to rid himself of throughout Stewardship and Lordship however.

That book is certainly most interesting... he paused again, flashing a smile that only a Nobody could be able to muster.. Friend.

Back to top Go down

Kasturi
The Traveler only smiled as he paused any response. For a little while, its better to enjoy the rest of the memory. The ending was near anyway.

Rose and young Kasturi proceed to walk side by side, heading to the left side of the hall.

"Shall we?" the Traveler gestured to follow, to Leo and Felonix. He then moved himself, almost colliding with a dancing couple, but they merely phase through him.

They reached the long banquet table, generously decorated, and topped to the brim with food and delicacies. A small host was gathered nearby; of four very personable men.

"LENNETH!" cried Lady Rose, as she made way excitedly. Lenneth, the Prince of Darkness, was a blonde man of great physique. He turned smiling with welcoming arms towards Rose, his cheeks red, and a wine glass dangled from his hand.

Joined at the table was Mystic, chief of Destiny Islands; a boy of silver hair and blue eyes, next to him is Hirst; a man inexplicably similar to Lennenth save his dark mane and somber looks, and lastly Zakai; a strangely dressed man who seemed surprised and frightened by Lady Rose's voice.

As Rose leaped into Lenneth's arms, knocking him, time slowed to a still. The scene had frozen, with Rose and Lenneth happy reunion, Hirst's dispassionate look, and Zakai's and Mystic's astonishment as the punch bowl had been knocked over and breaking into tiny crystal pieces.

"Well, we'll end the story here," said Kasturi of the present time.  
The journal page of the Book of Journey written The Mages' Ball begin to glow faintly. The world slowly turn into miasma and dissipates,  returning back to the green hills of Land of Dragons.

Though short, the Traveler believed it was enough of a glimpse of his past life, though he wondered if it provided more questions than answers. Nevertheless it was an enjoyable memory.

"Memories are shared. It is the chain that binds and connects two hearts together. That connection can cross dimensions, probably even life. Even if the chain is broken, the heart vaguely remembers. Like a Déjà vu."

"Similarly, you seem to recognize that man, Xeremij was it his name? I don't. No matter how many times I see this memory, I could not recall his face, for I lack the connection with him."

"Alteration in chain of memories affect all those connected. Hence why manipulating chain of memories is dangerous, if not taboo. It can have catastrophic effects."
the Traveler accentuate the last line with considerable warning. The Lord of Castle Oblivion need not mistake that his interest in the Book is clearly noticed by the Traveler, as well as the way his hand was placed on something under his coat. Being a Quatermaster once before in his life, Kasturi recognize that posture of a soldier.

The Book of Journeys lay open in the man's palm as the rings and pages reassembled itself.

"Say, tell me your story, so we'll get to know each other," said he.

Back to top Go down

Leo
A moment longer and they found themselves following Katsuri down a hallway that led them to a dinning hall. He recognized Lenneth and Hirst right away as a smile came to his face. It was good to see them again. This was still a little odd.

Leo stepped around the table, his eyes studying each individual there. Some he recognized, others he did not. If he held this kind of power he would never be present in his reality, he would spend all of his time looking back. Of course...if you are always looking behind, you miss what's ahead.

Slowly the memory began to fade and soon they found themselves right back on the hillside where they started.

"That is quite an amazing art you have there mate."

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top