roleplay
Latest topics
What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
October 26th 2017, 10:55 am
DarkGodRasul

Land Of Twilight - A Legend Of Zelda Roleplay
October 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Josh Dragovalor

The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]
October 21st 2017, 1:37 pm

Steamhunter
October 20th 2017, 8:25 am

Dragonball Legacy
October 14th 2017, 5:54 pm

Staff
Updates
11.1.2017 - Kingdom Hearts RP is now closed. We'd like to thank everyone who invested time on the site for contributing to a wonderful experience which lasted for many years. All stories must eventually end, but while this may seem bittersweet, it can't be stressed enough what a pleasure it was to create and share them with you all. Goodbye everyone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Occam
The desert. The grime of glass and bone and heat that beat down on Occam annoyed him very greatly. However, he needed to recover the Bane of Vishnu. An artifact said to be able to disable the powerful Great Astra that higher beings forged. Astra, at least the one Occam had, are also vulnerable but it takes the craft of Vishnu in order to truly tame a much more powerful tool of destruction. Wandering with his thick cloak masking his appearance, Occam had lost himself in the desert far away from Agrabah...or civilization for that matter. Trudging through the endless sea of fragmented glass, Occam had kept his silence to the point where his lips would stick and dry shut. A buzzing white orb would manifest near his head, speaking into his ear.

"Occam, we are nearing the ruins, just a few more miles." Panting from the exhaustion, the red-head looked at his glowing companion, looking back into the distance with an annoyed expression. Shaking his head, he tripped on a tougher patch of sand, causing him to nearly fall but an awkward pace of steps let him re-balance. Irritable and sighing, Occam brushed kicked up sand off his legs, waving his arms in irritation and curiosity. "Where!? I don't see anything. I have yet to see a single building and I've spent days out here! I've only eaten scorpions and snakes that have had their venom removed. Astra, give me some guidance!" Astra flew around Occam's head, chuckling with an emotionless monotone sound. "Well, Occam. We are simply above those runes. Did you bring any spare blood sacs?" Occam hesitantly removed two waterskins with crimson crusted at the brim of their nozzles.

"Place a seal here? Which shall I use?" Astra shape-shifted into an imitation of an artifact. "A Phlegethon circle. So I'm summoning a Demon Portal because?" Again, the white orb had chuckled with no emotion. With a fit behind his actions, Occam poured the blood into a magical circle with numerous varying runes. Out-stretching his arms, he called upon his Empowered State with the light of Astra glowing over him. "Yr wyf yn galw ar danau o Phlegethon . Rwy'n galw ar ei tân ffyrnig a mynedfa galw i mewn i deyrnas hon o berygl a hanes hynafol. Cartref Vishnu o niwtraliaeth . Yr wyf yn galw ar bont Astra , anfonwch bendithia mi eich fflamau." Occam was launched back by a burst of flame, a massive pillar shooting into the sky and likely alerting nearby beings. It would be a while before the portal would open, prompting Occam to await it and recover.

Suddenly, a ferocious beast rose from a growing hill of sand. Once the glass particles cleared, a rock-based creature would growl deeply, even roar at Occam. Immediately he would summon his Fang of the Dead, phasing into the darkness and shifting away. Confused, the earth elemental would bang on the ground, causing it to rumble. Occam would keep himself at a safe distance, summoning his Razor into his free hand. "Astra, any idea when that portal will open?" "No. I just hope someone sees the pillar of fire and think to help." Occam yelled out loud, triggering the elemental to find him as he chanted, "Astra we are in the middle of nowhere! I am miles and days away from Agrabah, you fool!" If Astra had shoulders, they would shrug.

Translation:

I call upon the fires of Phlegethon. I call upon his ferocious fire and demand entrance into this realm of danger and ancient history. Vishnu's home of neutrality. I call upon Astra's bridge, please bless me with your flames.

Back to top Go down

Paul:)
Moments after the colossal beast was summoned, Occam disappeared to retreat. The beast roared in confusion as it's large head looked from left to right expectantly.

In a different dimension, one torn to pieces and left in ruin, a group of deities wearing ceremonial tunics sat at a table in anguish. With the death of Joseph Cage... Their people had become extinct.

The oldest of these ancestors spoke, ripping the quietness that had gone on for a year. His voice was deep and as he spoke, pieces of flame escaped from under his hood.

"Are we to sit here for eternity... Knowing the chosen one failed. Or should we grant him one last chance at life?"

The third oldest member flicked a tongue out from under his hood. His voice was raspy and old. "He's undeserving... We should bring back a General who died with the destruction of the world. We need someone who carries a patriotic point of view. Not a dishonorable child."

"Yes but that dishonorable child is far stronger than any general our world ever saw... That is, except for the few whom are answering at this table... Am I wrong, or isn't he like his father? Let us not forget Balthasar, setting at this table right now, the one who decided his son was the worthiest. Had Balthasar saved someone else we might've had a better le-"

"Silence... I saved my son because I loved him. Not because I thought he could repopulate our kind." A voice shot at the previous speaker from across the table. This one was much younger in tone, around the age of a thirty years old.

The previous voice slammed a fist against the table. "But what of my grandson? Now 'that' was a demigod. One who would've done our world some justice. Do not act as though what you did wasn't selfish. You wanted your son to eventually get the chair you're sitting in. But you didn't realize by saving him. The last draconian... That you would ensure your own chair as well. But surely you hadn't wanted to watch your offspring doom us either. You're responsible for our decline... Because you chose him... All of those choices... What a joke, a spit on our graves."

The next voice to speak was a female's. A soft, british accent, to calm the masculine others. The only one that was comparable to anything of modern detail. Her voice was like a faster paced Mary Poppins. Quick and to the point.

"Hush down, both of you... I think he should get another go at it. What do we have to lose? If Joseph Cage fails us again. We'll seek out Mercer's grandson. I believe he's living peacefully in the brighter sides of the Underworld, no?"

"That he is... Are we in agreement to give Joseph one more chance then? His only chance?"

All the voices spoke a single word answer. One after the other. Until it was the eldest to speak again.

"Then I'll be the one to pull him up."

Joseph heard a voice, the only voice he'd heard in forever. Telling him to wake up. To stand at the ready. He forced his eyes open, and then he fell towards the dessert floor. He hit a dune and slid down it. The kid rubbed sand from his eyes... Not far away a huge beast roared. It was an earth elemental. Dazed and confused he held out his hands. Calling for his keyblade. It didn't answer. He called again and instead a large blade met his grasp. His eyes narrowed as he tried to process what was really happening. He couldn't remember any spells. But he remembered his fighting style. Moving off the ground to his feet. He searched the area for anyone. But he saw nothing, only a colossal fiend.

"My ancestors must be testing me... But... Why? This thing is going to kill me. I can't even remember my magic."

The boy sighed loudly as he noticed something was slipping out his pants. It was a long tail. What the?! Where had it come from? Did this dimension change things about him? He noticed he was shorter now too. Just where was he really? Was this like... Some new Agrabah?!

"I need to find my friends. But first... This monster has to go." The draconian closed both eyes and took a deep breath. He charged forward into the battlezone. His eyes opened and he realized the thing was now targetting him.

Game on.

Back to top Go down

Occam
Occam, watching a boy charge the elemental head on, shook his head and dashed in his hidden state towards the colossal beast. Astra shaped into a set of wings, guided with a radiant, streaming light as he came into view. With the beast turning his attention to the sword-wielding boy, he lunged a fist, not knowing that the ranger was already approaching. Piercing the rock with his Astra-blade, a silhouette of cyan aura draining from a patch off the earth elemental. It roared, interrupting its attack to smack where Occam was. He shifted into the shadow realm, completely separating himself from the regular Realm of Light into a pocket dimension that was a shadow of where they were. Reappearing on top of the earth elemental, he rapped his dagger's chain around his sword and stabbed it in, back-flipping off and pulling his chain down hard.

Scrambling away, the colossal beast fell and forced the sand into a flurry, clouding the area while the elemental was not hindered visually. The elemental slowly stood back up, grasping the thread which kept Occam attached to his weapon and lifting up before slamming the explorer down, hard. A radiant light glimmered off his body in the areas that were damaged, healing them. He summoned his weapons to him, looking in the boy's last known location while his vision was obscured. "If you have half a mind you will leave! This elemental has been left here to guard the ruins below!" Occam was knocked out of the cloud of sand, tumbling as he watched the pillar of fire from afar. The immediate area around the pillar was continually hardening into glass, with the heat outstretching and even pecking at those nearby, including the elemental.

Coughing and wheezing from the intense impact, while Astra healed him, he looked to the glowing eyes piercing through the brown mask. Only a figure could be seen rumbling about, trying to locate the one that had attacked him. Occam's blade shifted into a different shape, turning into a pure-white silhouette of what it once was. From a sword, it had formed the Hawk of the Wild bow. Ridding himself of his dagger, Occam began manifesting light-based arrows and firing them off. They would bend and curve and slam and pierce. Chips of rock flung off the elemental memory. Once it was weakened, Occam would use his blade to consume the memory. He didn't know if the boy was going to retreat or not, so he called out again. "This area is not safe! Head back to the city! Damn fool..." Probably a sand bandit.

Back to top Go down

As a large appendage came down to sweep Joseph off his feet, he bent both legs, readied himself to launch upwards, and sailed over it. The strength in his back legs must've  given him at least fifteen feet of air. Because the size of that arm was monstrous! The boy's metal-hand twitched as he leaned to his left and pierced his buster blade into the monolith's arm. Joseph held for dear life onto his weapon's handle, all the while-- he was being pulled high into the air.

"Ugh! That could've hurt." The boy said as he focused both his legs down upon the surface of his target. His strength ripped the blade off the fiend accidentally and for a split second he just stood there; shocked, rearealizing that he was back to fighting monsters after so long, letting his eyes close, his lips curled into a half-shaken grin. He was living up the moment-- like a teenager experiencing their first high... This rush of combat once again racing through his blood and veins... It almost made him want to laugh from the thrill of it all... But those feelings weren't relevant to the events at hand.

The draconian's surface flew out from his previous destination and aimed to strike down upon Occam who had just slammedd the beast's head towards the ground with chains. This apparentally occured during the time Joseph had rode atop the arm earlier.

Things weren't going so smoothly just yet. The Hand of Fate had yet to show he could even dent this elemental abominantion. If there ever was a time to act, it was now! Flicking his eyes open the boy dropped onto the forearm of the monster and released fiery breath across it as he ran atop the monster's shoulders' straight from one side of the head to the other. Spreading a wildfire that scorched the earthy textures. The flames were burning off it's sandy shell rapidly. Millions of dusty particles falling off at different intervals, some more than others in specific locations. Which meant he must've been doing heavy damage on top of this ferocious guardian if his readings were right. While Occam was tanking; Joseph was causing collateral, no.. 'crippling collateral' damage to the enemy.

He'd ignored Occam's warning once already. The idea of being Incapable of battle angered him; he was hella salty now. Why? Because It was an insult, a disregard.

Never again will I let them disregard me.. -thought Hand of Fate to himself.

When the fighter, Occam, sounded off a second time, Joseph replied with much attitude. Making it apparent that the barking nags were killing his 'buzz'. It was like he'd already gotten tired of taking orders from Occam-- even though he hadn't taken them anyway...

"Quit telling me what to do 'old man'. I'm not here for your damn treasure or ruins or whatever! I'm here on my own accord-- now why don't you focus on the task at hand! Because I don't know about you, but I'm hoping to live after this, do me one solid aye?! And shut the hell up!

Back to top Go down

Occam
Occam, using the boy as a zoning tool to keep him distanced away from the elemental while the pillar of fire summoned something unknown, twiddled his fingers around the bowstring and charged light into it. Mumbling off magical words, Occam enchanted his bow with fire as he grew a rather large arrow of radiant flames. Fanning his hand out, the arrow bent and split into five individual arrows. Trails of shining fire trailed off as they grew. Furling his brow, Occam decided not to let the kid have his chance for safe escape and instead wanted to use him. "Damn this kid...Ignorant fool." Occam was always wary of his enemies, but little did he know the elemental was simply a smaller piece of a whole. Occam simply wanted to enter the ruins and retrieve his artifact. Firing off the large arrows, Occam watched them twist and turn, slamming into various points of the elemental which avoided Joseph.

Exploding with great brilliance, the fire crawled and curled as it traveled along the earthly skin, creating molten patches and causing the elemental to tumble. "If you're going to stay, at least keep the beast at bay while I prepare to slay it." He roared, stabbing his emerald bow into the sand. From there, he began chanting off a more critical spell. "Gadewch i mi alw ar y duwiau a duwiesau sy'n cropian ymysg y tywod, ymhlith y meidrolyn a tyllu eu hunain i mewn i'r ddaear y tir hwn. Rhowch y tân y efail, lafa o ddicter a fflamau o angerdd mi. Swyno fy saeth nerthol ac yn caniatáu i mi i ddarostwng y ffordd o'ch blaen am fy teithio eu hunain." The sand around Occam began collecting and forming a sphere around the spellsword. A distinct, calm whisper of a tune came from Astra that sounded akin to a beautiful voice singing happily.

Suddenly the elemental became entranced by this, sparking curiosity from the spellsword but not breaking his focus on his spell. Despite what Joseph did, The earth elemental stood stagnant and with its attention on the piercing but soothing sound. A figure from the flaming pillar appeared, wielding a twisted longsword with hardly any features aside from his dreadlocks and light-filled eyes. A revenant of some sort, standing entranced as well as the flames whirled upward and cleared to reveal this creature. "So beautiful..." the figure spoke, despite not having a mouth. Occam looked over at the figure that arose from the now-dissipated flaming pillar.

Once the sand completely collected into a rock arrow with a stone armor around the bow, Occam twiddled his fingers and wave his hand along the bow. Suddenly, it transmuted into a molten bow and the arrow floating and resting on it had turned into a shining arrow of molten rock. Pulling back the hefty arrow, Occam took careful aim at the entranced elemental. "You could at least move for this one!" He yelled before firing a mighty bolt. It fired like a continuous cannon. The sand around its trail had split, creating a ravine as it hunted for the still elemental. Slamming directly into the elemental, it slid along the sand, the bolt grinding and burning away at the elemental.

Once the elemental finally fell, Occam decided it was weak enough. He switched back to the Fang of the Dead, walking towards the elemental. "Well...that was easy. Huh. I expected the guardian to be more..." The figure suddenly was next to the elemental, staring at Occam. "Of a fearful monster. This wasn't the guardian...The guardian is deep below. This is simply a piece." As the figure said that, Occam instinctively stabbed into the goliath, watching as nothing happened and the thing seeped into the ground, disappearing into the desert. Looking at the boy and back at the figure, he felt his heart pulse. ""What...do you mean?" "The real goliath rests below. Come with me." He said, pointing to the portal resting on the glass-ridden ground while keeping his eyes on the artifact hunter.

Translation
:
Let me call upon the deities that crawl among the sand, among the mortals and burrow themselves into the earth of this land. Give me the fire of the forge, lava of anger and flames of passion. Enchant my mighty arrow and allow me to subdue the road ahead for my own travel.

Back to top Go down

Joseph took liberty to ignore any snide remarks from the get-go. The beast took it's hand and attempted to slam where Joseph stood, the problem with this was that Joseph wasn't standing still. He was running, leaping, and lunging out of the way as multiple open palms went for strikes against his person. This caused the monster to douse out some fires, but also spread them onto the hand itself. When It went to slap him the next moment, it exploded into chunks of sand after making contact once more. The wind from it launched The Hand of Fate towards the ground. He fell Into a rolling motion, and sprang one of two ancles. Though it didn't falter him besides a loud curse.

"Right, let's have the kid distract it! That's a great idea! What a brilliant tactician you are!" Shouted The Draconian, drawing the facade of an over-enthusiastic smile across his lips. Waving his arms in the air sarcastically all the while; the kid just barely missing another strike from the opposition.

He began to run, and allowed the lumbering oaf to follow behind him, as he prayed Occam was doing something worth his time to stop the infernal hellspawn.  Five minutes later, and he saw a burst of fire erupt across the zone. Some kind of entity had been conjured? The elemental had been coaxed into a hyponotic state. Unable to move. Joseph grinned as he heard the call from his ally. He moved from his location and watched as a powerful beam ended the monstrous creature. Fifty yard from where Occam was Joseph plopped onto the dirt and wiped sweat from his brow. He desummoned his weapon. Assuming the battle was over for now. Taking this time to rest up, before venturing either into the ruins or escaping the dessert to search for a way off the planet.

"Oii... I do kinda want to see this for myself. Maybe I'll follow this old man."

Back to top Go down

Occam
Occam let go of his weapon, feeling the cold sting of light brush by his body as Astra resumed a more docile, sprite-like state near his head. He was wary of the being before him, even more so when Astra spoke in his ear about the Memory, calling it a fragment. Before dedicating any time to the Memory before them, Occam turned his head to the boy. "Well, simply put, I care for my own well-being so any tactic preserving myself and any tools I think I need is good to me." He said with a sarcastic smirk and a gruff tone. Turning back to the featureless beast which held a rather large blade, he answered to what it beckoned. The memory walked onto the portal, red hands extending from it and dragging it down.

Occam took one step and stopped suddenly, hesitant before shaking his head and walking over to the portal. Unlike the memory, he fell through the portal. Almost immediately, Occam emerged into a dusty old room. Rolling along a stone ground, he stumbled to his feet and took a gander through the musty, dirty smog. Piercing the kicked up dirt were torches littering the ruins he had found underneath the desert. It resembled more of a tomb, but it was grand and architecturally unorthodox. There were many platforms and a pit below, a golden radiance blinding those who stared downward. Occam assumed it was magma smoldering and boiling as a trap for the foolish ones who had fallen.

Except who would find this ruin? This ruin couldn't possible directly under where they were. A portal linked to it, and now he stood before a colossal realm of dark and fire. In the middle was a grand statue of the same kind of being that beckoned him to enter. Buildings showed signs of civilization, or former population but now it was decrepit. "A grand place, indeed. This was both a tomb of memory and a city of treasure and paradise. Except now...now civilization has reduced it to a dungeon." Occam shook his head, taking a few steps forward toward a staircase winding up the stone wall. "The Amber City. I heard many had lived within, including goblinoids and the Elvhen. I wonder if that boy followed me in here..." "He likely did." Occam turned to see if the boy was behind him, a smile of amusement and brow of curiosity establishing his interest in the lamb.

The lamb being prepped for sacrificial slaughter. However, hopefully the boy proved to be more of a companion and semi-permanent tool rather than a rock to stop a door from closing.

Back to top Go down

Why do I get the feeling this is a 'bad' idea. thought Joseph, whom was half-limping towards the portal. Dirt and grime had built it's way across most of his lower body-parts, face, and back. Moreover, Joseph decided to pull his arms from the sleeves of his overshirt, tossing away his blue button-up. Now only donning a black tank-top and loose-fitted pants over dusty, sandy, sneakers. His face was sweaty, and that last battle took a fair amount of stamina from him. But he decided to shrug it off-- as he would most things. When he reached the portal he pushed two hands against it, like a dungeon's doorway and phased through. Into the unknown.

The rush of falling down a chasm absorbed the boy's senses for a brief second. When he felt a thud underneith him, he realized he was sitting on the ground of a narrow corridor, a torched passage-way lay before his eyes-- seeming to draw on for many miles, but that might've been an exaggeration. The Draconian slowly picked his tired body up off the floor and wiped sweat from his brow. He too, would grab a torch and followed his cowboy compadré down the unexplored corridor. Far away he could see them, they'd taken a three minute headstart over him due to his distance from the portal. So at this pace, he wouldn't be gaining ground on the man and his ghost-company unless they waited up for him-- which was hardly likely. Great, this gave him plenty of time to think about things. I wonder what that guy's business is down here, relic-hunting..? But for what, on top of that; I need to make sure these are people I can trust. The last thing I need is to be crossed last second.-- Reasoned the Draconian under his breath. Speaking for no one in general besides himself of course.

Moving deeper into the forgotten cavern, the city's deep ruins, walls began to paint images of strange forebodings. They looked like premonitions forecasting the end of days... Could this have been their way of chronicling the reason behind the world's hellish climate? Maybe this underground-city held the secrets to how Agrabah became a sandy wasteland? Perhaps... There was some event that damned these people, and the people living in Agrabah just happened to settle down after the fact... This made Joseph wonder whether or not all world's were fated with destruction in the end... The Forefather's Legacy began to reminisce how his own world died off, and how he had obtained the keyblade to avenge them and finally make a change for the worlds... Yet, he sunk into a wave of self-doubt, depression, and ultimately self-hate. Because no one man could handle pressure such as that, let alone a child. Hell, he even died in the Ubderworld... Over a battle that he cared nothing for. A disregard to his own existence. A plunge into the hell that he loved visiting because the stillness reminded him of better times. Bu now Joe was erased of those conflicting emotions-- it was time to retry. To give it another spin. The dracomancer just hoped he wouldn't fail twice. And that whatbhe was doing here today wouldn't kill him and take his last chance away from in a petty way.

Back to top Go down

Occam
Joseph came, unsurprisingly. Occam let out a random noise of expectation, with Astra humming by his head. The boy had been wandering about it seemed, but came upon the duo eventually. Looking onto the vast city, Occam sighed. The remnants of its former beauty had reminded him that no matter how well built or how tall a tower it, it eventually collapses. It was a pity, all that knowledge and the advancements made by this former civilization being lost now. Occam turned back to his new companion, waving him over to him to follow him. "Well, if we are going to be in the same decrepit place, might as well travel together. Besides, I am a bigger fan of the bow than the sword." And with a grunt, Occam ascended the stairs clinging to the mountainous wall. Or just rocky and it was totally underground. Who knew where they actually were.

The figure was nowhere to be found, even though it wanted to lead the relic hunter into this domain. Occam kept a hand clenched to the wall, his dagger in his other hand ready to clasp onto the stone. The staircases had nothing beneath them, yet were in pristine condition despite the ruins being so decayed. Peaking behind, he checked to see if the boy was alright and not fumbling around. "Be careful, remnants of life may reside within. And that thing said the true guardian was down here...Or wherever here is. All of it is misleading." Occam eventually came to the peak of the steps, which led to the entrance of what seemed to be a chapel. It was disconnected from the rest, so Occam could only assume that something kept the sections connected without requiring some sort of flight.

The buzzing Astra went into Occam's free hand, forming the Fang of the Dead. It glimmered with a hint of memories nearby. A diamond-shaped hole had a spark of light shimmering within, signalling the relic hunter to inject his sword. The door disintegrated, and from within a gruesome scene of sacrifice showed the necromantic memories, the Imagined. Their bodies were grotesque and a remnant of a past humanoid form. Rising from a pool of blood was a groaning beast. It was much larger than the rest and was chained down to the sacrificial circle. Whatever had been trapped inside had apparently been waiting for this capsule of a building to be opened. The Imagined poured out, surrounding the trio while some fell to their death on various spikes and even disappearing into the shining pit below.

Unafraid of the cretins before him, Occam slashed one with his sword, watching it crumple into a bundle of energy and absorb into the blade. Raising his blade, he roared out, "I command thee!" All of the gnawing dead had abruptly stopped, though the hulking monster still tugged at its chains, causing a fidget from the undead crowd. "I have a contestant it seems...Well. I guess I'm going to need to prove I'm pack leader. Oh, how I hate this brutish trifle. Tear him apart, my flock." Waving the sword in the hulking beast's direction, Occam awaited the Imagined to start moving towards the beast. But they did not, and he suspected why. "Kid, mind poking at the beast for me? Tender him up so I can slay him. Don't worry, I'll, uh, have your back." He shook his head really fast, giving an insincere smile of false gratification.

Back to top Go down

Joseph was done staring at the circles on the walls, and the ancient forebodings that were written all over the ruins. When he finally caught up to Occam he noticed another character that he hadn't quite caught notice of earlier. This character, or object per sey; was Astra. The boy paid it no mind at this very second.

Joseph had been fooled, and used in the past. He was tool, one that had been passed around, and it plagued him, it seemed as though he'd caught anxiety mixed with dangerous paranoia. Perhaps maybe, that when his forefather's pulled out his wickedness... They also left something for him to think about... As already seen, this would create a shell of attitude around the draconian. He was no fool anymore. Or at least, not as foolish. He was still unable to remember how to traverse through the flames as he once did. So instead the boy kept himself at the gun-trigger. Ready for any surprises or games Occam might be playing out here. Since this tomb probably housed a treasure for the man, Joseph could conclude that The Razor was probably unwilling to share. And greed always led to conflict. "Bow or not, I was coming regardless. But if you try to leave me down here in this pit, I'll find away to haunt you till the end of your days!... My name is Joseph by the way, that's all the information you're getting out of me, old dude." Joseph said holding a very strict glare. As if he were already feeling as though Occam were using him. In hindsight, he'd already been used. Maybe that's why he decided he'd keep going. Joseph limped a little and began walking in front of Occam until their next destination was reached.

Occam spoke after a few moments of silence and Joseph got an answer out to him through the dark shortly after. "Sure thing, I'll keep my head up." At the peak of the steps, The dracomancer moved out of his comapdré's way. Allowing him and his Astra to do whatever it was, that they do. Weapon transformation as well as hidden door awareness or whatever. Yada, yada.~

When Fang of the Dead peirced the hole, the door turned to dust and erased before his very eyes. Inside were ugly demonic beings lumbering about-- these monsters gave Joseph a feeling of disgust. He beckoned his blade to his hands, though kept his eyes on The Razor.

The man seemed to be attempting to persuade the hellish put-fiends to do as he commanded. I mean, he literally said 'I command thee', so it was all in logic. Then when Joseph pieced together that the infernal chained monolith in the back held a responsive hold on the  
Memories, Joseph made a sigh. Occam signaled for him to go beat on the beast with distinct shade. The Hand of Fate knew eyes that tricked the foolish... Occam gave the dread feeling that he might be one of them. But no matter, using his free-hand he pulled on his tank-top shirt to air his face off. The boy approached the monster. It was a sickly color and gave off malevolent energy.

Then, breathing in and out slowly, golden-orange flames illuminated a few inches in front of him. Black smoke grazed his cheeks as he heated up gases in his lungs. Attempting to gather up as much of the chemicals as he could muster.

He made sure to keep a few feet off the Necrotic horrors, mostly because trusting them and Occam at the same time was just way to sketchy. Besides, they were hella ugly.~

Joseph was front In center, he stood ten feet from the beast  before he rested a blade on his shoulder, his voice spoke up. "You're massive, but frankly, I've seen much, much stronger." the words escaped his lips, while he remembered Kurt Zisa from back in the day. The Dracomancer charged into the air, while spinning he extended his blade to tear into the flesh of the monster's midsection. While doing so, fire poured out of his lips, making him come off as flaming tornado, both fire and slash damage would rain down upon the Boss. Joseph's slash damage was extra powerful, due to his extremely high pool of strength. With a strength as effective as his, this creature would definitely feel the heat.

Back to top Go down

Occam
Occam had watched the boy bring fire down upon the Feared, boiling away at the blood pooling around the room. It illuminated the room, showing signs of sacrificial rituals and a likeness of the figure that led him here standing as a leader among disciples. Had the figure commanded these people to make mass-sacrifices? What kind of monster lurked in this domain that would lead a society to such a thing. "Astra, as a society built by your gods, why would they command such an awful ritual? I would never give my blood for nothing in return if the only reward was mercy." Astra's voice hummed from the sword it had summoned. "You also act with selfishness and greed. These people saw the gods as their salvation. They gave anything for their approval." Occam shook his head, keeping the Imagined at bay.

"That may be true, but why did they become these remnants rather than passing on?" Astra gave a robotic chuckle, which Occam knew to see as demeaning rather than an attempt at something human. "You are naive, despite you preying on the naivety of others. They did pass, these are the memories left behind. The shells and the shadows have already gone, likely torn apart in their newborn state by these memories. They are, in fact, the remnants of the mind. Fears coagulating into a mesh of terror and fright. That is what they were taught to know and remember. And when the time came...they gave their lives to create the monster that will likely cave in that boy's head." Occam, looking frightened, knew that he could not let the chance of using the boy end now by simply sending him to suicide. He noticed the chains binding the hulking creature had weakened.

Using this as a chance to slay the zombies, Occam twiddled his fingers around the crossguard, watching the blade liquefy and transmute into energy, spreading in a multi-tentacle form and entangling the Imagined. Soon after, he would harvest their existence and draw the memories of them into the blade, which reformed into a Chalice. It glimmered brilliantly with its silver shine. It was small, yet radiated with great energy as a foggy, cyan energy frothed from its brim. In his other hand, he replaced his dagger with the Staff of Draconic Callings. Slamming the bottom pommel down on the ground, the dragon head mounted on it opened up, its eyes teeming with flames. It beckoned something to fill it. "Kid, before that beast lets loose on you, I suggest you back away and spew some of that fire over here."

The chains were loosening by the second, though the boy's flurry likely kept him distracted from spotting such a travesty. The three-headed hulk was ready to demolish the boy before him as its low-toned yelps of pain rang through the chapel, and even the area they were in. "Astra...I hope this works." "It will if you don't mess it up." "Thanks. Thanks a lot."

Back to top Go down

(Sorry for the long wait, life got complicated for a second and it took a few days to regather myself.)

Joseph's movements were swift and clean, he allowed his steel weaponry to slide elegantly across the demonic entity's frontal structure. He hadn't paid any mind to the rattling chains, ignoring intellect for battle-hungry instinct as of current. It wasn't to be blamed though, because to an addict, this was almost overwhelming to him. Something about blades ripping through flesh was odd to his senses. It opened up memories, gateways to a time when violence was in it's meager ages. When swords were used over... waves of magical energy. Joseph recalled how he once made a foolish stride to blow up the entire first and third district in Traverse Town just to defeat one man. Of course, that man would later achieve his goal of universal destruction. Though- that didn't change how he felt about the use of brawn over magic. At least with a battle of physical proportions, Joseph stood a chance. A chance that he always seemed to lack  against his foes... Magic always tended to bend the rules against him, he never was much of a mage now that he began to relive his past.

Hmm... I wonder if I was stripped of my powers for a reason... What if I don't get them back...

Joseph was making foolish errors as his mind drifted into a dark realm of thought. His vision darkening so that images would play before him in unision. He became so lost in thought that when he came down to the ground this next time his sword slipped from his palms, rattling against the concrete flooring. The Hand of Fate stood there for a moment, only to turn in the knick of time to hear the chains snap! A large arm smashed into him now. He was only lucky enough to raise his arms in a defensive manner before he was sent rolling across the sacrificial alter. Joseph smashed into a statue, cutting his forehead while a vase and other objects crashed.onto the ground next to his body. Yellow, trickling blood slid across his face. It wasn't like pus, or a gross color. It seemed delicate like necter, glowing with a golden hue to it. It shined out in the dark room, but currently Joseph paid it no mind. His head buzzed from unstable impact.

He was dizzy, weakened, from the shot to the wall; Joe wasn't in range to help Occam's fire scepter now either. The draconian was lackluster at prime, and lackluster at present, except no longer as strong as the prior... Maybe Joseph was already down for the count. Or maybe he needed a bit of aide from his partner. Whatever the case, his dragon breath only reached five feet. And he must've been hurled at least thirty feet away from the head-on attack.

The monster roared as it unhinged itself and leapt on the offensive towards Occam and Astra, as well as the mediocre lesser beings-- the sickening memories that stood stock-still... The bellowing fiend was now intent to kill and would have either death or victory very soon.

Back to top Go down

Occam
Occam, alarmed that it was too late to goad Joseph into avoiding the release of the hulking nightmare, which waddled on over to the ginger with its off-beat pitter-patter. Its steps were heavy and rumbled the spire they had stood on. His eyes widening at the sight of the abomination nearing, he reflexively shadow-walked. Appearing near Joseph, looking over to a confused memory, He slammed the pommel of his staff in front of the draconian boy. "Boy, Quick!" And before Joseph could do as the relic hunter asked, the hulking creature was already flailing towards him, provoking another shadow-walk. Re-emerging back out of the chapel, Occam stared down the hulking creature who turned, the two locking eyes. The menacing, vaguely black globes stuck into each head of the Feared had struck fear into Occam, but he did not waiver externally.

"Leave us be! We are not your enemy!" The Feared hugged itself, then swung its arms outward and roared at Occam. The chapel shook heavily, causing dust to kick up and fragile things to break even more. Occam felt a drop of sweat slide down his brow, catching it with the furl of it. "Astra, this armor fails me. I am going to have to take...more extreme measures." The chalice disappeared, wings of light extending from his body as he soared towards the hulking creature who in turn rushed at him. Shadow-walking, he would seemingly pass through where the creature would be, emerging with his giant Relic of the Past and lunging down. Empowering himself, he impaled the back of the creature and sent it to the ground. Rising, he lifted the creature up, letting it slowly slide off the blade before lunging back down and removing the middle head.

Gripping the blade, the hulking creature flung it down to the bottomless pit, Occam jumping off in a panic. Soaring down, he just barely caught the blade before catching glimpses of the buildings and the shadows within. People like the one who had led him resided within. But just as quickly as he saw those shadows, they were gone. Occam flew back up, using the momentum of his turning to lunge into the beast, yelling furiously. Closing his eyes, the last thing he remembered was nearing the creature. Then it all went black. Once he came to, he was being dragged by the hulk towards Joseph, who the Feared was also going to grip up.

Occam replaced his sword with his dagger, clawing away at the monstrous hand and trying to break down its structure with each bladed peck. "Boy, you better run! Run, get out of here! I can't...I can't get his hand loose!" Occam started to sound quite afraid, panicked even. He was inhaling and exhaling at a rapid rate, sweat smoldering against his head with the heat of anxiety. A second dagger manifested and he stabbed as best as he could. He clearly wasn't Empowered anymore, he just needed to wait a moment. "Astra, damn it, help me!" "No, I'd rather see how this turns out." "Damn your observations! Help!" Astra just buzzed and hummed nearby. Shit.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top