Ride of the Guildkyries
Yesterday at 8:11 pm
Hoshiko

Pawns
Yesterday at 4:49 pm
Camilia

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charity
A heavy sigh echoed against nothing but rolling waves. So much was going on lately, and it was becoming difficult to take in all at once. Her family was a lot bigger than what she led herself to believe... The sun was setting on the horizon of Destiny Island's expansive ocean. Sitting on the beach, Trinity had been thinking about everything with her knees curled into her chest, her arms wrapped around them. She donned a simple white dress that loosely fit her figure, letting her long brown locks down from their typical twin tails. Inside the case that was next to her was her violin. The story behind that one was still something she had to mull over to understand. But whatever. The breeze was nice, The weather was nice. The overall mood in general was nice. No need to sully it with such troubling thoughts.

Rocking to her feet, Trinity stood and opened the case. The black instrument inside had rose colored highlights, compliments of the sunset. Picking it up with gentle fingers, the musician took her stance with the bow placed against the strings. Closing her eyes, the scent of the salty ocean came over her as she inhaled, the rhythmic crashing of the waves becoming her metronome. A song began composing itself as her hands began playing what was in her heart. She was happy that she decided on the violin today as she listened. Her harp was the favorite among her instruments, but this sound was beautiful as well. A playful breeze seemed to encourage her playing which brought a small smile to her lips. There was no bliss in this world like the sound of music, no matter its form.

In this universe, there is still much to be understood. There is still much to be found, explored, challenged and overcome. There are still secrets and stories and events that hide themselves in the shadows of history. But there is without a doubt some things better left unknown, left unsaid, and left forgotten.

Charity/Trinity
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 10,046/15,000EXP
Level III: 0/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP

Back to top Go down

Feisu
The sounds of music. They varied in form. Beautiful, majestic, haunting, foreboding, or just plain. This sound in particular seemed to be a mix of different sorts of feelings. It...almost gave the monster an emotion.

Feisu was simply standing at the docks, staring right towards the sea with no expression, other than his malice-filled red eye, and his menacing half grin. He turns his head slightly, to look towards the sounds of the violin playing. If he had the ability to show any sort of emotion, perhaps...would his face be different? He couldn't tell. He's been this way for all his life.

The mechanical demon continues to stare at the violin player for a moment, before finally strolling away from the dock, back onto the beach. Then, he begins to approach her, with curious intent. He gets within just about a meter from the girl in her white fabric.

"Pardon...those sounds. They interest me." He says shortly. "Do you mind if I...listen?"

Theme: Paint it Black - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUkeCTFXj8
Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Charity
The flowing sounds of the violin halted at the words that were spoken. Trinity looked at the being standing there some feet away with blinking, curious red eyes. Not even noticing him approach as the musician played, it was needless to say that the living machine had startled her. She gave him a wordless nod, taking in what she could from her quick glance before returning to the violin. There was a momentary pause where she had to think of what to play before the strings began to sing once again.

This time, the melody she played was more composed and flowed better than what she was previously playing. It was a deeper, stronger song, perhaps to make the girl feel less timid. It wasn't the first time her music attracted attention from people she didn't know, but it unnerved her almost every time. Every now and then, Trinity would peek up at the mechanical being to see his reaction but found it difficult to discern much of anything. Though if he wanted to listen, she'd suppose that he was at least interested in the music.

The final note was drawn out as the bow was pulled across the strings. A deep breath signaled the end and Trinity looked up with a bright smile, proud of what she accomplished. Hopefully her listener was content with her work.

In this universe, there is still much to be understood. There is still much to be found, explored, challenged and overcome. There are still secrets and stories and events that hide themselves in the shadows of history. But there is without a doubt some things better left unknown, left unsaid, and left forgotten.

Charity/Trinity

Back to top Go down

Feisu
The creature was frighteningly motionless as he watched the girl play her instrument. The only thing on his entire body that moved was his rugged brown cape, and the wisp of white hair that hung on the blank side of his mask-like face. His red eye peers at her, observing her, and listening to her music.

It was hilarious. He could easily just...rip open this girl. He could cut her, kill her, or much much worse. Why was it that he was deciding upon himself to perhaps tone down the violence for the day? It couldn't really be the music coming from the girl, could it? It just might be, but in all honesty, he just...didn't know.

"...You play...good. Who are you...?" He asks, with almost genuine curiosity behind his voice. A very rare moment for the monster indeed. His emotional colors were beginning to show, and he was powerless to stop it.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Charity
She smiled cheerily at the machine, inwardly relieved that he seemed to like it. "My name's Charity," she said, giving a brief bow with the violin and bow at her sides.

Though she did her best to just how happy she was, it unnerved her just how motionless the being before her was. Being mechanical from the looks of it, it was plausible that he didn't have to perform the act of breathing. But who could say? Definitely not her.

"And who are you?" she asked with just as much curiosity as she was feeling. It wasn't every day that you meet someone like this. It was exciting. At least, she would continue thinking like such while the mechanical demon was being calm.

Charity/Trinity

Back to top Go down

Feisu
The machine put an armored gloved hand to his chest piece. "Feisu." He says smoothly, before letting his arm go stiff again at his side. He hunches over slightly, to get a closer look at the girl who called herself Charity. Seemingly weak. Cheery. Curious.

Brave?

The creature stood up straight again, staring down at the girl with mild interest. "You play very well...Tell me, 'Charity.' You seem innocent, not used to monsters born from unspeakable nightmares...Why is it that you do not fear me? Why do you play the soft tune to soothe the beast, knowing full well that beast has more than enough capability to rip you open." He says with practiced calm and smoothness. "You're the...first one to do this..."

And probably the last.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Charity
She looked up at Feisu with obvious shock, leaning back as he hunched forward with deep red eyes open wide. The musician didn't realize it, but she was clutching her black instrument quite tightly against her chest. Why? Why did she play without hesitation for such a curious being? It was plain to see that Charity didn't have much of anything to make her seem formidable. Petite and frail in appearance, the creature had a right in knowing he could easily overpower her. So why wasn't she afraid? A smile eased its way to Charity's lips when the answer came to her, her expression softening.

"Because of my Sis. She taught me not to judge one by appearances, but by actions and character. I've yet to see any reason to be scared of you, though all that metal does look kinda intimidating. True, I don't know a lot about what evils may be out there, like you said. B-But I'm learning! And besides," there was a short giggle that escaped her. Looking up at him with suddenly honey colored eyes and a confident smile, the musician raised her bow. "Anyone who likes my music can't be all that bad."

She spoke what she truly believed. To her, no completely evil person could sit and listen to her bright music and enjoy it. They could pretend as much, but something gave her the hunch that this wasn't the case. Then again, her hunches weren't -always- right...

Charity/Trinity

Back to top Go down

Feisu
(Forgive the long wait. I had business to deal with.)

The monster continues to stare at the girl, holding the permanent grin without much choice. He just stands there...menacingly...trying to figure out what she's thinking in that strange head of hers. He listens to her explanation. A sister? As in, sibling? A small gleam of light could be seen in the machine's eye, the moment she mentioned her sister. He seems...saddened? Perhaps guilty? What was it about a sibling that hurt him so? But her ending comment had a different reaction.

"...Heh...heheh...hah...Hahahah...HAHAHAHAHAHAH! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...!"

Laughter. Sadistic, twisted, insane laughter.

"Anyone who likes your music...can't be all bad?! Hahahah..." He straightens up, staring down at the frail violinist with sickening malice. "Dear Charity, it means nothing. I am bad, if your moral capabilities are what I think they are. I kill! I destroy! I cannot feel...!" But then the machine began to falter, when a thought crossed his mind. "...But...I...suppose there is truth to your words..."

He clutches his head with both of his armored hands, as if trying to compute information.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Charity
(You are quite alright. There's no need to rush. ^_^)

She was scared. That much was evident in the contorted face that refused to cry. With a stiff upper lip, Charity listened to his laughter, and to the comment he made after. It took a great deal of will to keep her knees from knocking together, to keep from running away. Maybe she wasn't such a good judge of character as she thought... The musician's tense muscles relaxed slightly, however, when the mechanical being before her seemed to calm down at least visibly. A quiet breath was released and she tipped her head to the side, studying Feisu with his hands to his head. She cursed herself for being inexperienced in these kinds of situations. Her sister would have known what to say for sure. She always does. Felicity was, has been, and always will be her role model.

He said he couldn't feel and yet he laughed so hard, even if it were at her ignorance. He didn't have many variations in facial expressions but his words and their tones, they took spoke out to her, though not coherently. Charity wasn't sure how to react to the machine and his shifting moods, but he had to feel something. Right? Otherwise he couldn't have emotions. Or a personality for that matter.

The musician didn't know if she was being brave or naive as she turned away from Feisu toward the open water. The sun sat halved on the horizon, painting the ocean a warm, glittering red. She bit her lip for a moment as she came to a decision. With her chin resting on the black violin, and the bow on the strings, Charity began playing a melody. It was of a slow tempo, but was lighthearted and warm. She didn't know if it was reaching the machine, but she tried to put the warmth of the sunset into her melody. A couple minutes later, the final pull of the bow was followed by a quiet sigh. She couldn't help feeling embarrassed, not quite able to see what kind reaction she was going to get and so refused to look up. It wasn't every day she played for someone like this nor even if it was the right move. Words were never her companion, however, and so Charity resorted to music to assist her in her shortcomings.

Charity/Trinity

Back to top Go down

Feisu
Feisu keeps clutching his head trying to make sense of himself. He stands there, hunched over, gripping at his head piece and his mask-like face, looking as if he's in some kind of mental torture. He looks to the point of bursting rage. His body shakes and quivers, he starts grunting in anger and rage, he slowly looks up at the girl, with growing lust to kill, to ravage, to mangle and-

He paused. She was playing sweet music again, even after everything. He stands up straight, removing his hands from his head, listening to her play. It soothed him so. It left him...warm. Vulnerable, but warm. He stood there, hearing her melody from her violin. When she finished, the mech moved forward, taking heavy steps toward the girl. He reaches out with a metal hand...

And lays it on her shoulder.

"...Safe...stay safe...I want to keep hearing you playing until I die..." He says slowly, while removing his cold, dead hand from her shoulder. "...I need to leave. To La Cite Des Cloches..." He stares down at Charity for a moment, before turning, and slowly walking away from the girl. A few paces forward, and he turns his head, saying his last word to her.

"Goodbye."

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Charity
There was the sound in the sand as footsteps came nearer. She was sure she made the wrong choice, and the thought made her heart race. The metallic hand that laid itself on her shoulder caused her to jump slightly. The musician's long pigtails followed her movements as she turned her head to look up at Feisu with bright, questioning red eyes, listening to his slow words. The gentle smile that graced her lips was her response, followed by a short nod. It made her happy to hear he wanted to hear more, to keep listening. Her knee-jerk reaction was to continue playing but as he continued to speak, removing his hand from her shoulder, her excitement mellowed.

La Cite Des Cloches. She's never been there before. Was it another world? Charity watched as he walked away, pondering the endless possibilities, until one final word was spoken by the machine.

"Goodbye, Feisu," she said in response, continuing to watch until the metal being was no longer in sight.

The musician wasn't sure if the encounter had left her with a friend or not but it was a pleasant encounter regardless, filled with many ups and downs and inbetweens. Turning her eyes back to the fiery ocean, Charity couldn't help the grin that spread, swaying to a beat all her own. Maybe, just maybe... she was beginning to take the first steps out of her sister's comfortable shadow.

[Topic End]

Charity/Trinity

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top