Hot Damn Kids
June 2nd 2017, 4:53 pm
Newo

Hi!
May 29th 2017, 8:20 pm
Noko Troshiro (Adult)

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eno
Deep in the dark recesses of The Underworld, beyond the dark, empty caverns, lies a single spire larger than any other stalactite within the realm . And inside that giant craggy tower lies a whirling pool filled with the souls of the dearly departed, giving the room its placed in a sickly green glow. Every so often, those unfortunate enough to grace this world with their time would be subjugated to the tortured screams of the inhabitants forced to lie within its interior. Those poor men, women, and other creatures will never see the light of day again.

However, compared to those that have been to the other side of that massive portal, the ones trapped at the surface have it easy, infinitely so. An individual with the courage to stare within will see that it is nothing like a pool, it's a tunnel, a passage leading to a deadly plane of existence known as Tartarus. An unbearable domain where the truly evil spirits are left to rot, forced to endure trails specifically designed to mentally break anyone. Horrors that the average person could never hope to conceive. A place that holds no means of escape, unless you know the right people, or in this case God.

And this particular being could be seen leaning beside the entrance, a blue-skinned arm outstretched. It's an obvious statement to say that Hades, The Lord of the Underworld, is unhappy. His thin, purple lips are creased in a fine frown, and his brow is furrowed enough to form deep lines in his skin. Even the blue wisps that make up his hair flicker between the cold fire and wild flurry of flames. Whatever it is the Dark Lord is looking to release from that hell, is someone he wouldn't be too pleased to see. Why would he? The one he's bringing out has proven himself to be nothing but a failure thus far. But, he's placed far too much of his time into this prisoner, and Hades will be damned if it goes to waste. It's because of this reason, and this reason alone he reaches in up to the shoulder, and pulls with all his might.

There will be no special ceremony for the figure that's forcibly flung from his torment. The giant of a man clinging tightly to Hades' arm is no longer worth such a ceremony. Losing to three people, one of whom was his target, is what's put him in such a bad light. Eno's defeat was not tolerated, and he was sufficiently punished.

Not wanting to keep a hand on him for any longer than necessary, he tosses the spirit to the cold stone floor. Having finally escaped the smog-like atmosphere, he gasps, gulping down as much of that crisp air as possible. Eno can only perform the action for so long though. Just like his first escape, the spirit coughs madly, trying to rid himself of that corruption. Sadly, what little relief he's getting is short lived, as Hades is sure to interrupt that. Hacking becomes yelps of pain as Hades stomps on the center of his back, digging the heel of his foot in for good measure.

“Gah!” Eno's body shudders from the impact. More out of instinct than fear he tries to crawl away, only for his master to put more weight into his foot.

“You ain't goin anywhere, not yet,” Hades growls, leaning down, “so, how was it?"

“I-I,” The ex-hand tries to speak, but the new wounds make it harder for him to form words. In fact, Eno's face and jaw, despite being carved into yet again,  are the least of his worries in comparison to the rest of his body. His left arm has been cleaved from his body, only a bit of his shoulder and tricep remain. The stump has been charred black by a flame elemental Eno was unlucky enough to fight. The middle finger of his right hand experiencing  a similar fate. His back, chest, stomach, and legs have all been carved into by various blades, along with monstrous teeth belonging to the vandals and creatures running free in the hellish landscape.

Without a husk to help numb the pain, every single cut bleeds freely, some significantly deeper than others. The terrible throbbing comes in waves, sending an agonizing sensation throughout his very being. Eno shivers with each one, unable to cope with the abuse. The rage of Tartarus' resident, every soldier with insatiable lust for fighting, psychopaths that wish to bathe in blood, monsters with unending hunger, every single one that could come the spirit's way did. Word travels fast to those able to speak and understand, and there were plenty willing to hurt Hades' newest minion, believing that if they slayed him they could possibly take his place. Anything to escape, anything...

Hades does nothing to relieve Eno of Tartarus' unending anger, instead looking to add to it. Once more, his unforgiving strength slams into Eno's back, making his minion cry out, then writhe. Pain and Panic hide behind a stone pillar close by, cringing from each hate filled blow.

“It hurts, damn it, it hurts!” The cut along his cheek burns while he talks, and the fresh taste of metal runs along his tongue, making him cough, sputter, and spit to clear his mouth. That in turn earns him another stomp.

“Good, maybe you did learn after all. Looks like you got put through a meat grinder ya ugly little maggot.” Malice drips off of every word uttered, only causing the unfortunate servant to tense up out of fear. “Did you like your little vacation?” Not waiting for a response the Dark God bends down, grabbing a handful of Eno's short hair, pulling the upper portion of his body off the floor. With his foot now off the ex-hand actually gets a few moments to breathe. “Did you?”

“N-no,” Eno groans clenching his teeth as a fresh wave of agony flows through.

“I didn't think so, and if you mess up again you'll be there longer. But, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that,” Hades places his free hand under Eno's chin, forcing him to look his master's way, “and the next time I bring you back you might not have any limbs left.” Though his mood contrasts his actions, the god is actually smiling. “I'll give you this though, you're pretty versatile, learning how to use those shackles like you did. I can't believe chain links could substitute a missing limb. I assumed your incompetence would prevent you from thinking outside the box. Not bad, Eno.”

Finally, to Eno's relief, the Underworld Lord releases him. His face hits the stone floor, though compared to his various wounds this dull ache is ignorable at best. And neither can compare to the incredible weight of failure. Being unable to complete his task, to prove his usefulness to his master, is a whole new pain. Every insult, each strike against him is well deserved in the servant's eyes.Without Hades, Eno's life would mean less than nothing. It's because of this the husk makes it clear in his mind that he can't be allowed to mess up a second time. To do so will only prove that he needs to stay so that he may rot in hell.

He's being drug now, his limp arm now in the Dark God's grasp. The throbbing now being accompanied by the subtle sting of loose pebbles as they grind against Eno's chest and stomach. With his strength all but gone, any effort to stand is met with heavy resistance. His own legs seem to match jello in consistency. So, instead of trying to move himself, he allows Hades to pull him wherever it is he wishes. Lifting his head to try and look proves to be fruitless, as the magic used to keep his “sight” in check has also run low, the outlines barely visible, and soon they disappear. Absolute darkness consumes his vision now, his destination now unknown.

The thought to ask does come up more than once, but the fear of the God lashing out keeps his tongue in check. To make him angrier would be a death sentence, though he's already dead. But, at least he doesn't have to worry about returning to that abyss, at least for now. Even if his master is a sadistic freak of nature, he wouldn't bring Eno out just to toss him back in, that'd be a waste of time and effort. No, he's bringing the servant somewhere else, but where?

Almost as though he were reading the ex-hand's mind, Hades speaks.

“Just a bit further and you'll be out of my hair for a little while.”

“M-Master?” Eno takes a deep shuddering breath, “what do you mean?”

“Did you think I'd magically be okay with what happened? That'd I'd forgive you just because you got a few new scratches?” Even in his state, the sarcasm is easily understood. “Of course not, but at the same time I felt you were in there long enough. So, here's what I'm gonna do.” A sudden stop, and drop, takes the ex-hand by surprise.

“I'm gonna put you in another husk, and then I'm going to toss you out to whatever world I wish. You'll be out of sight, and you get a small taste a freedom. I know, it's crazy, I'm a pretty merciful god aren't I?” An angry glance Eno's way reveals him to be struggling to stand up. Again Hades kneels down and grabs the back of his pawn's head. Not wanting him to stand, he brings Eno's head back a bit, before slamming it into the stone-laden path. His sudden cry of anguish is ignored.

“Aren't I?” He hisses. The husk doesn't hesitate to answer.

“Y-yes Master,” he groans as his head is pressed into the rocks, “th-thank you for giving this useless slave such a great gift.”

“Heh, now that's the sort of thing I like to hear.” While one hand remains on Eno, keeping him pinned, the other one opens, the palm aiming at the open earth adjacent to them. Green flames erupt from both, and the dirt starts to undulate, then churn into a whirlpool of loose sand and debris. Only a few seconds pass before the shape of a human's head could be seen rising from the quicksand-like portion of the Underworld's Floor. The neck and shoulders follow quickly after, though as more of the body is revealed, it becomes painfully obvious that it is incomplete. An ugly thing to view, made in Eno's current likeness.

All the while what little dignity the husk has vanishes. Giving in to the pain, seeking mercy, oh how his comrades of old would laugh if they could see him now. His new body is fitting, an incomplete form for a broken, cowardly, shell of a man.

Eno doesn't even flinch as he feels his body being forcibly tugged in the direction of his new host. With it being complete, and out in the open, Hades can now focus on the next part of this little ritual. During this, Eno's soul begins to break down, bit by bit the ex-hand disassembles into a green, fiery-like, ethereal mist. Then, with the speed akin to a bullet being fired from the barrel of a gun, his basest form is sent into the husk. The more his self-conscious fuses with the earth made husk, the more its blank appearance warps, soon to become Eno itself.

Once the process is complete, the Tartarian Escapist can feel the familiar weight of the chains once again. Their links snaking their way, constricting his limbs, chest, and neck. Tight enough for him to know they're there, but light enough for him to be able to breathe. A constant reminder of his position, one that Eno doesn't intend on taking lightly again. If he has any hopes of becoming free, he can't let Tartarus take more of him. That avatar, greed taking the shape of a voluptuous temptress, she, no it, already has a part of his soul in its clutches. It doesn't matter if he walks among the living, he will remain a prisoner until Hades says otherwise. And even if he does let the husk go, the ex-hand will never be truly free until he goes there and takes his fragment back himself. Until then he shall walk this path, for as long as it takes.

Eno's clothes haven't even fully materialized, before the dark lord picks him up off the ground. Only the black, sleeveless coat, and pants have formed. No gloves to protect the hands, nor shoes and socks to keep the feet warm and secure. It seems as though the Underworld God has no time to waste on such trivial matters. All the servant needs at this time is the body to be formed, the clothes aren't a necessity.

The husk hangs there, his limbs dangling loosely in the air, the strength to move them only slowly returning, completely helpless to the blue flamed madman. Again, he's being moved, but with his “vision” becoming hazy, even the familiar outlines are perverted with a blurring haze, as though he were inebriated.

Then Hades comes to a stop. The would-be Weapon Master is cocked back, then thrown, hard through the air. With the sensation dulled due to the husk, it doesn't give him that same stomach wrenching sensation. Within seconds, whatever Eno could pick up dissolves into a sea of darkness, and the voice of his master becomes so distorted that it becomes impossible to tell what he's even saying. Soon, all he has, is the abyss. No voice to berate him, no sights to see, not even the wind is whistling as he sails along his path.

It's comforting, really. In these few moments he has no one but himself. No sand carving his feet, nor evil souls looking to destroy him and take his place. True serenity in an element that many others fear. It's funny to the servant, really, all one has to do is cover their ears and eyes to be subject to the same charms the dark provides. It may lack warmth, but it'll embrace you all the same...

He has no idea how long it's taken, if he'd been thrown a distance that'd take minutes, hours, or days to traverse, but the sudden, rude slap back to reality knocks Eno from his stupor. The smell of grass and dirt invading his nostrils as he slides on his stomach a few yards. The husk spreads his arm to try and stop, or at least slow himself, but to no avail. It's a labor to even curl his fingers over the blades of grass, let alone stop his giant form. It doesn't help that hes down to only a single one at this point. But, thankfully, his travel doesn't last for too long, within seconds he comes to a complete stop.

With his special sight having lost the haze over the course of his journey, he's able to discern, at least somewhat, where he is. A quick whiff of the air gives him the same scent he'd already taken in. The thin, white outlines surrounding him on all sides reveals long stalks. Wherever he's landed, it's definitely in the middle of a grassy field, where it's grown to such an extend that the husk can't see over it. While his body doesn't wish to cooperate, he has to get a feel for his location. To be thrown on a random world without any prior knowledge, he needs this in order to know what he can do next. The rumble of thunder over his head doesn't make things any easier.

He doesn't have the advantage he's had at Radiant Garden. It's something he's noticed almost immediately. The ex-hand was spared the sensation of being flung, but, he can feel the blades of grass underneath his hands, and the soft, loose soil beneath that. The lack of humidity, along with the weather, produces a chill in the air. It doesn't matter if the husk is low to the ground, the cold wind licking at his exposed limbs causes goosebumps to form along his skin. A feeling he hasn't felt in many, many years.

He may not see anything more, than a giant, naturally L-shaped craggy spire in the distance, along with a few trees lacking any leaves, and some large boulders dotting the countryside, but it doesn't matter. The ex-hand has little care that the God of  Death has left him in the open plains, his nerves in this body haven't been dulled to near numbness!

Perhaps its because of his sickness, a second death and resurrection taking it's tole on his soul. The magics being powerful enough to destabilize the body he's using. Whatever it is, its given him a temporary gift. Strain, actual muscular strain, as his shaking arm lifts his upper body, and the nice breeze that washes across his cheeks when the grass clears his face. It's a relief he'd missed, and it causes a lazy half-smile to form upon his scarred, torn lips.

Does Hades even realize the gift he's given his servant? More than likely not. For once in his un-life, he feel human...

“Heh heh heh heh,” it starts off low, quiet at first. But then, his arm soon gives out, and Eno uses what remains of his strength to put himself on his back. As the thunder roars across the open fields again the husk gets louder. Soon his laughter echoes with the rumbling. And as the rain begins to fall, the freezing pinpricks cause him to shiver, cutting it short. He shivers as his body and clothes becomes wet, but instead of showing concern he digs his fingers and toes into the earth and plants around him, marveling at this amazing discovery.

But the rain steadily falls harder, and harder, drawing his attention to that instead. If there was anything Eno missed in life, it was this, the calming sensation as the water washed over him, cleaning him, bringing to him a sense of peace and serenity.

He shuts his empty eyes, and loses himself to the blessing he's been bestowed... not realizing that his appearance has attracted the attention of a pack of lionesses who slowly creep up upon his position. Their curiosity driving their actions, the scent of death drawing them in.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 15,000/15,000EXP
Level III: 19,739/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
It had been a long time since the past Queen's padded feet touched this world. Her most natural form gave her the freedom she craved to roam among the wild, her sleek black body crossing the plains under the storm. Ikara took the form of a mostly black wolf, her ears and thick tail only dyed white at the tips that flashed with the bright light as the sky shattered open. Her strong paws dug into the loose dirt beneath her as she darted across the vast land of what was once her world. This visit was giving her the thought of taking it back, protecting and ruling the wild once more.

Springing over the creek, she slowed her sprint down as a smell other than the coming rain filled her nose. Her muzzle wrinkled and her eyes furrowed at the familiar, yet somewhat different scent that she picked up and began to follow. It was death, she knew that. Something about it was different, like it had rotted for years without ever drying out in this environment. Clearly it wasn't natural.

Ikara's form lowered as she slipped across the plain, picking up scents of the people who lived here that also were tracking down the scent. With a loud crack of the sky, the wolfie's ears picked up another noise, much more familiar than she was expecting, especially among this world. Laughter, while different in pitch, was still the same as the man she crossed some time before in Twilight Town. She caught up with the lionesses and they looked at the wolf in surprise, like they never saw a form like that before.

Ikara, while small as a human, was rather intimidating as a wolf. Her form was much larger than the lions beside her, their heads only reaching to her shoulders. they backed off slightly as Ikara glanced at each on of them, before she stepped towards the familiar soul in front of her. Ikara's sapphire eyes stared at him with curiosity, observing his new body carefully.

[[I feel like you are in a human body but I don't think those are allowed here...so I will leave it somewhat open for you to figure that out XD]]

Cure|Ice|Water|Earth|Wind
Previous Post Count: 2900
Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Eno
Despite being loud enough to have the noise carry across the open plain, the husk is able to pick up the sound of padded feet sinking into the earth as they approach. It's not a surprise honestly, with the scent of wet grass filling the air, along with the subtle hint of wet fur, it's natural for animals to make their home here. The ex-hand would be a fool to believe he'd be truly alone. But, at least its not the monsters of the Underworld he'll be dealing with, or snakes.

It isn't until the unknown creature is upon him does Eno stop, and turn his attention to the creature near his head. Come to think of it, with the servant being in such a weakened condition, a predator, if they were hungry, might make quick work of him. Because of this, he's put on alert when he sees just what has made its appearance.

Though he couldn't make out vivid detail, with it being so close, Eno is able to make out the large form of a wolf. Perky, pointed ears, thick fur, even the shape of the muzzle gives it away. However, the size doesn't surprise him, it's that it's chosen to approach rather than search for something else, along with being completely alone. A woman he had the unfortunate luck to fight in the past pointed it out to him, he doesn't exactly smell appealing. Things like this wouldn't bother coming his way unless they were looking for scraps. Even if it was desperate enough to take a bite, the husk is certain the sand that'd fill its mouth would deter it from getting a second opinion.

So, why is the wolf here, and why is it staring at him instead of leaning in to eat? It's not like Eno can really fight back at this point, why would it waste it's time if its hungry?

And that's when he sees it, something that completely blows any and all possibilities he once had out of the water...

The entire interior of the wolf is consumed in an ethereal icy blue hue. The chilling flames making it up flickering lightly in tune with the wolf's steady breaths. This animal, if it even could be classified as one, it can't be here to eat him. Something like this would seek stronger prey, or it'd at least be accompanied by a pack.

Animals are not on the same spiritual level as humans, monsters, demons, what have you. Their spiritual presence is incredibly weak for the most part. Aura alone is usually more than enough to put them in a state of unconsciousness, but this, this thing, its unlike any animal he's ever seen. Even the average person didn't have a such a powerful soul like this. In spite of that, the spirit is not the part that worries him, it's the familiarity. There's only one instance where he's seen something like this, at least in recent memory.

“You,” Eno breathes deeply, shocked by having to take an actual breath at all, “you can't be, Ikara?”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Recognition crossed this human's face when he gazed at her through empty vision. The wolf form itself isn't what gave her away, but rather, it was her spirit in his presence. She couldn't say that it wasn't surprising that he recognized her, after all, she stood above most of the others that she had been around lately. Ikara chuckled a wolfy laugh, and tilted her head away before grumbling to the lioness' behind her. This was not even close to food. His body smelled of rot and sand, and she was sure he would taste just about the same. The creatures eventually dispersed, their paws tracking back to Pride Rock as the weather threatened the earth with booming thunder. The halfling shook her coat, but the water collected as quickly as it left and she whined softly, her muzzle turning back to Eno.

Ice shifted around her paws and stretched like ivy around Eno's broken form, keeping distance enough to not harm him. Once it made a complete circle, the crystals stretched upwards towards the sky in an arc, creating a dome of protection that opened in the front where the wolf was standing. She wasn't sure if he was able to move, but if he wasn't already damaged enough, this weather would surely be the death of him. Ikara grumbled to him, but his reaction told her he had no clue what she was saying. It wasn't often, or ever that there were humans in this world, and it left the halfling somewhat confused as to what was going on. Maybe it was because it was already a fabricated form? It puzzled her and she sat down, the rain still running down her ebony coat. Her sapphire eyes were darkened with the sky, but still held their magical glow that softly lit the icy room. She didn't feel threatened much by him, especially not in his state. There wasn't much left of him. She wondered if this was still a human body, or just sand modified by magic.

Rather than trying to vocally communicate him, she apprehensively bumped his arm with her paw, and then tilted her head at him, her ears shifting in odd directions. Curiosity glistened in her eyes.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Eno
His question elicits a chuckle of some sort, at least that's what Eno assumes. It sounds more like a raspy cough if anything, but then again it's not as though wolves can laugh. The ex-hand didn't have the time to dwell on that though, as the silhouette turns to growl at unknown entities nearby. Rolling over on his stomach shows that they weren't the only ones in this little man-made clearing. Three lioness' in total, at least that's what the husk believes them to be considering the low, throaty growl he's able to pick up over the storm. Animals that were certainly drawn in by his scent. Whether it was to pick for scraps or what is unknown, and won't be. A few grumbles back towards them from Ikara was more than enough to send them back to wherever it was they came. The resounding crack of thunder, and flashes of lightning, may have contributed to their retreat, but it's not as though it matters now.

As they made their way towards the large spire in the distance, the wolfess turns her attention back to the ex-hand. A vain attempt at shaking off the water, followed by an annoyed whine, would evoke a smile from Eno. Certainly with the rain coming down in a torrent now it'd prove to be impossible to get dry. Without any form of shelter there's no way to escape the storm, she rectifies that though.

Eno sees it gathering in her paws before it even leaves. Ice, the trademark power that took its residence within her, spreads like snaking vines around him. Despite its distance from his body, the presence of it is enough to cause a bit of distress. After all, having his body shatter like glass because of it is enough to have such a response. She should be able to understand that better than anyone. Almost on reflex, Eno curls his body up the best that he can, stifling a cry of pain as his body burns from the simple movement. In spite of that, he keeps his attention on the ice, he has to remain wary should it take a sudden turn towards him. Even if by some chance she held no malice towards him, one can't be too careful around someone they've fought in the past. He did attack her indiscriminately.

Luckily, it seems like his thoughts are ill placed. Ikara didn't seem to want to hurt him. It isn't until the dome is complete does he realize she wanted to do nothing more than protect him from the rain. Even back then she held some for his well-being. Such a strange thing, but, even after their fight she still held that way of thinking. Needless to say it's a surprise for the husk.

He tried to tell her that it wasn't needed, that she'd make better use of it than he would, but when she grumbles in response, the ex-hand realizes his words might not be getting through to her, or they are and she can't properly convey a response. Well, what an annoying turn of events this is, she can't talk to him. He'd have to guesstimate what her actions mean rather than how she's speaking. With his lack of eyes it'd already be a difficult task, there's not much emotion to see with a white outline.

Eno would try to read her soul to a more intimate degree, where he still not new to the concept. It'd be one thing to tell if someone's lying to him, another if they held murderous intent, or annoyance, but for average conversation, without touchy subjects, the variations were incredibly subtle. Watching the flames dance within her body reveals that she held no worthwhile information for him other than anxiety. The rapid flickering, as though a constant breeze were forcing it into an awkward dance, was more than enough to show at least that, but why? She couldn't be concerned for a corpse, and it's not like rain can kill him. If anything he's worried about her, unlike him she's alive and letting the torrential downpour soak her. Even if Eno couldn't see it, the loud echoing off of the dome made it obvious.

So, when she bumped him with her paw, he drags himself back, until the wall of the dome was against his back. Then, the ex-hand pats the ground next to him, offering her a spot in the ice-made shelter, along with a kind smile. Well, as kind of a smile he could with only half of his lips to stretch. He had no means to read her expressions, but perhaps she'd feel better knowing he's just fine.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
It startled Ikara slightly that he moved abruptly, her tail fluffing up momentarily as she watched him shift himself to an upright position before patting the ground next to him. Ikara panted softly, before she stood up and stretched her back legs, and then lumbering over before sitting next to him, facing the opening of the dome with him. She stared outside a moment before looking over at him, attempting to return the smile. She equally had as awkward of a smile, it looked much more threatening like Ikara was baring her teeth at him. With a tilt of her head, she whined in question softly, observing his new body. She didn't know how to speak to him, and all she wanted to know what what happened with him, and to his body. It was even more torn up than before, and Ikara couldn't help but feel a little guilty about it. She remembered his last body, and that he cut his own head off. Ikara assumed it made sense that his body now was new. She pawed at the wet earth beneath her, dragging her claws to make lines in the dirt.

[[Sorry it's kinda short, xD Not much I can do as a wolf atm.]]

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Eno
She stared outside a moment before looking over at him, attempting to return the smile. She equally had as awkward of a smile, it looked much more threatening like Ikara was baring her teeth at him. With a tilt of her head, she whined in question softly, observing his new body. She didn't know how to speak to him, and all she wanted to know what what happened with him, and to his body. It was even more torn up than before, and Ikara couldn't help but feel a little guilty about it. She remembered his last body, and that he cut his own head off. Ikara assumed it made sense that his body now was new. She pawed at the wet earth beneath her, dragging her claws to make lines in the dirt.

“Well, wasn't really expecting that one,” Eno chuckles, surprised that Ikara approached with at all, not a bit of hesitation behind her actions. Did she forget that they were fighting naught but a few weeks ago? It's already a shock as is given that the wolf girl brought forth this magical shelter. Now, she's actually sitting with the ex-hand as though they were companions. But, that's not to say Eno didn't appreciate the sentiment. He's gotten so used to the hospitality Hades has been giving him lately that things such as compassion became a rarity. Despite knowing who she is, and what she represented in their first meeting, Eno is actually able to relax, at least somewhat, around her. Now, the two sit on in silence, listening to the rain as it echoes off the icy construct.

A deafening display of noise, only amplified by the emptiness within, yet it manages to bring forth a sense of peace at the same time. The husk, in life, always held the sweet symphony of rain near and dear to his heart, especially when it came down like this. Even with his lack of eyes, all it took was a quick whiff of the air for Eno to picture it vividly. The smell of wet fur was a bit off-putting, but it did little to detract from the experience, and the memories of the past to follow.

The sickening squelch of metal grieves as they sunk deep into the mud, soldiers, too many to count, following in behind Eno as he led them through one of many open fields. The uniformity of his regiment, traveling with one another in near-perfect lockstep, a result of their training and numerous battles fought previously until that very moment . The battle cries that rung out amongst the thunder, rivaling the fury of nature as he ordered his men forward to meet the enemy. It was hard to forget the sheer high he'd get that came with the pumping of his blood as it flowed through his veins, along with seeing his target before him. Nothing beat charging a line of enemies knowing the blows the ex-hand would receive would mean little against the thick armor weighing him down. Rebels, traitors, in those moments the titles he and his men bore meant nothing. All that mattered to them was that they were the blades of Maric, the man who they believed would set their continent free from the iron grip of tyranny. Sadly, they couldn't have been more wrong about that man.

But, the husk didn't have to deal with that, not anymore. No men to lead, nothing to prove. Same could be said of Tartarus, at least for now. Here, there are no multitudes of voices shouting obscenities, looking to tear the dead man limb from limb, no corpse flowers, no choking miasma brazenly passed off as air, not even a single sign of Tartarus' Avatar. Sadly, in spite of his mock freedom, he can't truly appreciate the temporary gift he's been given. The chains that remain wrapped tightly around his body would remind him of that. Tight enough to where he could truly feel their weight drape across his entire body, yet loose enough for him to have free movement. It was infuriating to deal with, not having use of his full potential if he didn't make use of the things that kept him bound. Until Hades saw fit he'd be a slave to those things for however long that dark god chose...

It's now Eno realizes that he's become so wrapped up in his idle fantasies that he didn't notice Ikara staring back at him. When he finally, absentmindedly, gave her empty face a quick glance did he realize the ice-born was looking him over. She hadn't said a word this whole time, and the lack of panting didn't shake him from his idle fantasies. Has she just been scrutinizing him? Gazing over his new wounds? He can feel the self consciousness well in his stomach like a widening pit at the thought. Due to his left arm not being around to do the job, the shell brings over his right hand to cover the gap where his cheek used to be. Though his hand may be large enough to hide it, the image would naturally still be there for the wolfess. He blocks her view of it regardless.

“Yeah, I've got a few new marks,” his grin takes on a more smarmy appearance before slowly dropping from his face, “it happened when Hades grabbed me and-” bringing his gaze back to Ikara shows little change, other than soft whining and her now pawing at the dirt. It didn't take too long for him to figure it out. “You really can't understand what I'm saying can you?” The ex-hand waited for a response, but after a few moments of silence it only brought clarity to his belief. Ikara really can't communicate with him. It's already bad enough to be blind, but to be unable to speak to the only other person out here? That in itself is quite aggravating. However, there is a way to solve it.

“Well, I haven't tried it on anyone living,” he mutters under his breath. It is true, he'd only been able to perform such an action against the dead in Tartarus. Even then it'd only been small portions of consciousness at a time. Just enough to leave them unable to react when Eno's blades would come crashing down. There was little bodily strength since their only physical form consisted of their soul. He didn't have an extra layer to pierce when it came to the dead. Ikara, however, was another story. Regardless, in order for her to learn, what happened, he'd have to show her. Perhaps while she's in his head they'll be able to speak with one another as well.

So, he takes his hand down from his face, and points to his empty eye sockets. As he stares at her, he emphasizes that she must keep her concentration on them, his finger continuing to point. From there, he reaches out with his own spirit, trying to clutch a part of Ikara's own soul in order to draw her in. While he couldn't tell if the ice-born agreed or not, she didn't seem to move her head away. She might not understand what's going on, or what may be happening, but once tendrils of his soul links with hers, she reacts. He isn't surprised by this in the slightest, after all he's technically connecting his consciousness with hers. Even if he's just doing so to pull her conscious mind into his own clutches she'll be exposed to some thoughts, feelings, and whatever else Eno himself has felt. A side effect to this that the husk has no idea of how to prevent. That in itself could trigger a response like this.

The wolf flinches, as though shocked momentarily by the energy at work. Once she first felt the sensations she starts to pull away, trying to gain some distance. The husk's nonexistent heart would wrench in his chest at this, he didn't have any intentions of harming the wolf-girl, but there's no way she could comprehend that. The mangled shell would have to find some way to at least communicate that she had no need to worry. An idea did come to mind, one that involves a more physical approach, but with the two barely knowing a thing about one another, Eno didn't know if such an action would provoke violence. After all, she's already being subjugated to the sensation of being caught in a web of sorts, unable to move too far or look away while at the same time feeling like she's being pulled closer to the dead man. It'd be one thing if she knew how to resist, and having no knowledge of how would more than likely incite panic with the archer. Whether it was appropriate or not would have to wait. The whining and struggling is starting to pick up now.

“Be calm, I'm not going to hurt you,” the ex-hand tries to send this through the tangled extensions of his spirit. “I just want to show you how this happened to me. I know it feels weird, and I know I'm asking a lot of you, but trust me you're going to be fine. I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you.”

In order to try and provide some comfort to match his words he reaches out. Gently, he places his hand on the side of Ikara's neck. Once he makes contact he begins to stroke. Long, drawn out ones, his fingers lightly parting her fur as they travel down to her shoulders. Even if the feeling in his body is dull, with her size he knows just how much strength to put into this motion to help try and ease her worries. But, he had no idea if such a motion would bring about peace, let alone forgiveness for not properly warning her. In spite of that though, the more of her spirit he's able to grasp, the less her struggling becomes. Soon, her form remains still, the wolf's own thoughts now traveling, and melding with Eno's.

Anxiety, loneliness, suspicion, fear, they come in waves high enough to swallow the dead man whole. They crash down upon him,  completely consuming his being. Once they do they begin wrapping themselves around the ex-hand like a blanket. One that clings tightly to his form, choking him nearly as much as the chains binding him do. She appeared to have an air of confidence and control during their first meeting, even now Ikara showed him concern and compassion rather than a lack of trust. Yet the ice-born was hiding these behind a such a convincing mask? Eno's True Sight couldn't even pick up these now obvious feelings, or perhaps he was more focused on self preservation at the time to see it, either way it becomes a struggle to maintain his connection for the process. The closer Ikara's presence is, the more intense these emotions become. It isn't until she's finally inside his mind does Eno manage to keep himself from being overwhelmed.

Now, with her consciousness safely tucked away in him, he shuts his eyes. Letting the darkness become more than just a means to fill his vision. This particular bit takes a few seconds, but it isn't long before both are standing upon an endless expanse of black. As far as the eye can see, neither are able to perceive a single object within this abyss. Yet, a single tap of the foot would alert both to solid ground, despite their eyes showing the same as what lies all around them. Under normal circumstances one might believe they'll fall, to scream flailing as the blackness consumes them, however, it's only an aesthetic. To Eno, this is anything but an end, for him it's a beginning. A blank canvas of the mind that stretches on for eternity, or however far his own imagination can make it. If he wishes to concoct an array of planets stretched out among a sea of stars, one would only need to fantasize about it, and that's exactly what the ex-hand intends on doing.

Seeing that Ikara is with him, in order to help her cope with this extreme, he shuts his eyes and concentrates. All at once, starting on the very edge of the artificial horizon, green can be seen sprouting up, and quickly closing the distance. Within seconds, what was once bleak nothingness beneath their feet becomes soft blades of mountain grass. A little cold to the touch, but oh so soft beneath one's feet. To combine with the overarching theme of his mind, blue skies, with not a single cloud to be seen. Though there may be no sun with which to provide illumination, both could see it as if it were the middle of the day. From one end to the other, an endless array of grass, and to the skies, an open sea of blue.

But, there was one thing still needing to be adjusted, something Eno is incapable of changing. The spherical mass that represents the active mind of Ikara. Had Eno seen her with his own eyes he'd have a means to give her form, but due to his inherent lack, the husk has no idea what she truly looks like. While he'd given himself the form he had back when he was living, and the functioning eyes to go with it, he has no means of perceiving something he's never physically seen. That'd have to fall on her shoulders. Whatever it is she believes she looks like will be implanted in Eno's mind through her own influence. He can give her the tools necessary to do so, but the decision is ultimately up to the archer.

“It's pretty crazy, huh? I know it's odd, but once you realize where you're at things become so much easier.” He explains, smiling softly at the blue mass making up the ice-born. “You should be able to understand me now, hopefully. I've never had to deal with a language barrier like this before. Also, if you'd like, you could stand here alongside me. All you have to do is picture what it is you look like. Human or Wolf it's up to you, Ikara.”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Like a chain through her soul, she felt the tugging of his mind, trying to coax her's into his thoughts. It startled the female and she whined, afraid of what was happening. He pet her lightly, and although she was half human, in this form it calmed her. His icy hands that smelled of the earth made her breathing slow and her muscles unwind from the tension she was feeling just a moment before. He reassured that nothing was going to happen to her, and although he didn't explain what he was doing, she felt that he had nothing to gain from trying to hurt her. She decided to take the chance and let him pull her soul. The iceborne half remained behind, taking guard of her body while she was away. The black wolf paled to a glossy ivory as her soul slipped out, the red eyes now piercing through the husks form. He could not see her appearance, but the iceborn's soul would have become uncaged, the fire of it flaring about the room, chilling the air they were in.

Separated, Ikara could only see the darkness that was displayed in his mind for the moment. She glanced down at her being, but saw nothing. Her mind was only a projection at the moment. She felt odd without her companion that always protected her and her mind. Without the iceborn, she was just the human girl who was alone and cold. Soon there were noises that reached her. Green on the very edge of her vision exploded into life and made its way to her, springing life and existence with it. She felt the calm breeze, and the grass beneath her and she sighed lightly, the calmness of his mind easing her worry. After a moment of gazing out, his voice brought her back and she turned to glance at him. This must have been his real form. Her senses were very dull, but she could tell that he was not the false body. This was his own form, his own world, and he looked the way he knew, possibly before his death and hardship. She stared at him for a while, watching him as his lips move, but she could barely hear him. The noise gradually hit her ears like it was delayed, and she tilted her head, looking down at herself. Rather than her wolf form that she was just in, stood the human girl that was Ikara. Her eyes were a deep blue but no longer held their glow. She had messy black hair that framed her face and cascaded down her back, but the obvious appendages she had before no longer stood atop her head. There was no tail to speak of that balanced her and when she took a few steps to feel the grass she nearly stumbled. It had been since childhood since she was a human, and in this world of distant senses, it was all that more unusual. Ikara stared back at him again, tugging at the black collar of the sweater she was wearing, her voice hard to find. She stumbled for a moment, before she figured out how to speak by connecting her mind, more or less.

"Well, this is me. I am the human side of who you know as Ikara. I haven't been in a raw human form in a long time. Forgive me for being a little slow." She admitted, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. "It feels odd not having a second opinion in my head, I'm not sure what to make of it. Is this your mind? How are you doing this?" She questioned, amazed by what was happening.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Eno
“I'm glad I'm able to understand you, and you me. You're fine, Ikara, there's no need to apologize, you're not used to it. To answer the first question, yes, this is my mind.” Eno smiles warmly, happy at having been able to perform this properly. It was something new he managed to learn during his time being in Tartarus. Ikara's view would then change. The grass and skies gone in an instant, to be replaced. Before her would stand an immensely large heart shaped monolith in the sky, hanging low on the horizon as if it were a moon. A single light among the endless expanse of the black abyss. The size of which making them infantile specs in comparison, its color a beautiful brightened hue. Essentially  An ethereal glow radiated along its surface, making it appear as though one were looking into an ever moving lake of gold. Ikara could see herself in the reflection due to the stillness that would occasionally appear among the ripples.

Suddenly her perfect view of herself would crack, as though it were made of glass. The entirety of the lake would then sit still as though frozen in ice. The crack would grow immensely in size, soon covering seemingly miles of the heart. A single, straight scar among the heart. Suddenly, more would appear in various locations of the heart, creating new cracks along the deep recesses. The sound was like that of glass shattering would reach a deafening volume, even to Ikara's current ears. A quick glance to Eno would show her that his form became more familiar. The violet eyes were still looking over her in the same warm reaction, but the face changed. With each new crack on the heart, another scar was added to the spirit's face.

“To answer how I'm doing this, its a bit like what you're seeing now. Be careful because this is a rather lengthy explanation. First of all, this is the close up image of a heart, mine to be exact,” he motions to to it as he explains, “one commonly seen when leaving a somebody and just before being eaten by a  heartless.” A small scene plays out in front of ikara, one showing a middle aged man lying on the ground, his back to the brick-laden surface of the Traverse Town. He's stunned, that much is obvious, his face swelling and discolored with bruisers. Through blurred vision he's able to see the black inky visages of the pure blooded shadows making their way over to him, their pale yellow eyes alight with hunger. There is a sudden scream before the scene dissipates into smoke. “This is so much more than what it appears to be. The same can be said of all hearts, even yours.” he points to her as he explains, “it's under my impression that this is a representation of our souls. These little shards you see are portions lost to us once we given in to the darkness. Many think these babies are only ripped from the chest, but that isn't it at all, they aren't able to do that so quickly. That one single moment takes time, so much of it. Bits and pieces of us break away like little slivers, lost to the abyss. As we further indulge in darkness, more of us are lost, the black taking us bit by bit. This is the subtle process a heart goes through before being vulnerable to such a point where it's being pulled from one's chest as though caught in a vacuum.”

“It's like the presence of darkness weakens the heart, so a heartless can consume it with ease. They're driven by a much stronger force, acting as scavengers or hunters to feed a gluttonous beast. The outer shell, the thing that protects our hearts from outside influences, is what must be broken, corrupted, until it becomes so weak it gets to the point where we are nothing more than walking meals. However, we never notice it occurring, because the darkness clutches to us in such subtle ways. We are lured into a false sense of security before being cruelly snatched up. That is the way it's supposed to be for the average person.” As he speaks, his words are given form, the heart and surrounding darkness shifting and molding to match his speech.

“However, somebodies like me have unique hearts, stronger in a sense, yet, one might even say its a parasitic one. Those with hearts like mine appear powerful. They can quickly replace the pieces lost to the darkness. So, each time a piece is stolen, the whole becomes brand new again before more is torn off. And, should the heart behind the shell seek to reach out, they would become able to take in those missing shards. To add to their defense. A strong heart can do this and in turn use the knowledge gained from each individual little piece. These are the people who awaken, able to access basic spells or have subtle physical differences that make them able to perform astounding feats of strength or speed. There is a third one however, one not involving the body or mind. This one represents the spirit. In this case they can fully utilize the shards taken back and strengthen their hearts. That's where I come in. The ability I'm using now, along with me seeing without eyes, and the sheer strength my body is capable of giving off, is parts of the I lost previously stacked on top of the ones brought back. It's like the shards had to cling to knowledge lost to the abyss. Abilities from creatures that were lost to the endless expanse. But, the heart can become a bit greedy too. Some even end up stealing from the darkness, gaining knowledge once lost. That in turn makes the soul itself stronger. Soon it becomes not only a shield, but a sword. It can stop the darkness and steal traits from it once it stops. Like consuming bits of genetics makes the heart more powerful, and soon you're able to access your very life as a means to make a difference on the surface. The reason why I'm able to do this is because my heart stole this power from the darkness. It's almost like this ability comes natural to me, but it isn't mine. Another individual who died many millenniums ago used this. It's funny really, how vast and different each trait can be and just how endless darkness truly is. To think your alluring appearance, grace, and even that cocky attitude you take on when you're at an advantage. the secondary soul residing just beyond, and so much more could be the resulting culmination of an incredibly random set of circumstances. In a way during your creation there was a chance you would be in this position, and I would be in yours. It's funny how things can potentially work out hmm? I'd have that soul acting as my second opinion while you were showing me this giant heart in the sky. Your heart could have easily grabbed this ability and made it be there to potentially be learned when the time was appropriate. However, fate decided that my heart would be the one to take what it did, same as yours. While anyone could have been like us, we ended up becoming us though sheer luck. There are no two things like us out there in the universe. So, what I'm saying is, you and I truly one of a kind, Ikara. That's why I'm able to do this, and why you've got someone watching over your body for you. Also, I'm pleased to be able to see you. I hope the color isn't too off putting. People back on my world would look at me in fear when they saw my eyes. But, I think you truly understand what it means to be unique and can appreciate such a thing.” This is when the smile drops from his face. “after all, to be one of a kind is a lonely instance as well.” the image Eno being ignored by the community as a whole, cast out among the streets. His eyes making the superstitious villagers fear for nothing. It was a genetic disorder that gave him discoloration, yet that alone was more than enough to chastise him from his community. He knew not his mother or father, being raised on the streets as a bastard child, until a single individual took him in. A woman, her skin a much darker tint, can be seen scooping Eno up from the side of an abandoned home. Someone who showed Eno kindness where others showed irrational fear and anger. A single bastion among an endless sea of shun. Warmth came to embrace him in the cold's stead.

“You're experiencing something I believe is much worse. You're not from this universe, there is no one more alone than you. Your friends, family, everyone who knew you, who became a part of your life and offered comfort, is in another plane entirely separate from this one. I'm sure no words can truly make up for what's happened, but I'm truly sorry, Ikara. I couldn't imagine having to endure such a thing.” There were many memories Eno was forced to view during the time he was bringing her consciousness into his body, and that was one of them. “While we may have been on opposite sides in the past, I would be more than happy to leave it there. I'd prefer to be someone you can come to rely on. Now on to a brighter subject shall we?” he clasps his hands together, the scars instantly disappear, showing again his living form, not a single injury to be seen on his pale face.

“You're not exactly as I thought, but close. When I saw the ears and tail back in Twilight Town, I had mistaken you for something. I apologize for the assumption.” Eno says courtly, his baritone voices rings out over the open field. His brow is raised, the husk's amethyst eyes peer over her form, taking in the appearance of his past adversary. He had expected something a bit different. During their first encounter, when she walked near his frozen body, his limited sight was able to pick up the outer lines of perky ears, along with a tail. That was what peaked his curiosity about her in the first place. As his thoughts begin to sift through the past, the scenery around them changes.

“I must admit, I'm shocked, I never thought I'd meet someone so similar, yet so different, to some of the beings back on my world.”

During his life serving in the Tyrant's Army, back when they were nothing more than a coalition of those seeking freedom, he managed to reach the rank of Commander. At one point during the war, the Kingdom he rebelled against vied for control of neutral territories. Eno himself, along with a regiment of troops had been sent to the northern lands to act as protectors of one of those neutral grounds. It wasn't until they traversed so high that the altitude made it hard to breathe, the cold a gentle embrace, and the ground littered in uncountable numbers of white flecks, did they manage to make it to their destination. Five craggy mountaintops, each naturally made claw covered in snow, reaches up high into the sky, as though trying to tear its way beyond and into space. There were many small communities here in this wondrous place. They were nothing more than just a few primitive cloth shelters with fires making up the central area for each manmade construct, and they were covering the vast snowy mountain range they took under their wing.

Many were built so high that at night were one to look upon the other peaks would see little flecks of light dotting the surface of the other peaks far off in the distance. As if the claw's ascent into the sky ripped open a part of it and stole the very stars that lie in the black. Each little “star” filled with a species unlike those on the plains in the central regions, or to the deserts of the west.

They were a hybrid race, one that you could only see should you wish to freeze in your armor. They had the fair skin this woman before him had. Pale white, due to never seeing the sun, blue eyes like the ice covering the many lakes, dark black hair to match the dark skies that eclipsed the sun. They shared a stunning resemblance to Ikara, in a sense of her appearance when she and the secondary soul are of one body. The difference being that they are borne of wolfish creatures and pure humans.

To the Ex-hand and his men, the land the came to protect appeared as though a greedy claw had dared to steal the very stars from the skies. But, to the spiritual wolf men who made up these huts, they believed these snow-covered peaks were the central points to all life on their planet. They wanted to be one with their planet, and so sought out these high altitudes, to make their permanent homes. They were highly respected among all, and whoever the allied with, had the support of the common people. One wanted to force them to serve, while the other wished to befriend them. Eno spent many months among them, learning about them and their culture, along with sharing stories of his own. In a surprising turn of events, the ex-hand became the one the majority of those communities favored over the kingdom ruled by a selfish coward. That crowned pretender didn't like that one bit, and sought to instead purge them. Eno, his forces bolstered by the mountain-born, were able to overcome the advancing forces, along with dealing a significant blow to the kingdom as a whole. This would be the turning point eventually leading to The Tyrant's victory over the Royal Snake a few years later.

“Now, on to the matter at hand. Do you wish to see how I got these new little cuts?”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Wide eyed, Ikara watched as his world darkened for a moment, her pale icy eyes losing his form. She glanced around and then noticed the growing light of what appeared to be a heart-shaped moon, hanging low enough that the female was almost certain that she could brush its beautiful color with her fingers. The surface of the moon eventually stilled in a pool of gold, and she could see her human self looking back at her. It was so close, she swore she could see her other half looking back at her, the wicked red eyes pulling at her heart that made her feel broken inside. At that feeling, the pool before her cracked, disrupting the image she saw. It startled Ikara, and she rocked back onto her heels, watching as the recess grew the length of the heart, and then breaking outward, much like her ice powers. The noise from the glass was so loud that she covered her ears, but never her eyes. This image was so surreal to her, she could hardly look away. Once she calmed, Ikara turned to see if Eno was still there. His violet eyes mirrored her icy ones, the familiarity in his hue comforting to her. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that scars were engraving on his face as the heart behind her was shattering. It was all so odd, and the halfling had little idea how to respond to it. She searched her mind for the iceborn, but she was nowhere to be found. Ikara felt alone.

Eno was lying there on the ground a moment later, beaten and bruised. Bright yellow eyes surrounded them, their hunger thick in the air. Ikara stepped towards the man just as the scene faded into smoke, and his voice returning. She looked around, catching him standing not far off from her, speaking about her heart this time. She placed her hand over her heart. Oddly, her body felt warm, in comparison to the icy feel of her skin of her real body. Without the power of her other half, her heart was vulnerable to the darkness. It no longer was garbed in its icy case, protecting her from the effects of the darkness. She felt her feeble heart flutter under her fingers and she gripped her shirt, watching him cautiously.

He spoke openly on how he felt about his heart. His ties with the darkness that he consumed and eventually conquered that helped him grow in strength. She watched his face as he explained the powers he gained, and critiqued her appearance from earlier. Cocky. Ikara was definitely not that. She knew well which fights were hers and which weren't. The ice in her soul kept her calm in even the worst of moments. That's what it took to be a healer as well. If emotions got in the way, she would have been the one killed a long time ago. There was no place for Ikara's weak emotions, and that's where the iceborn stood forth in her mind and would soothe her. Ikara let the comment pass, listening to his explanation of circumstances. She stood more confidently now, getting a grip on her feelings that were new in consideration to their depth, once hidden by the powers of the wolf.

"Circumstances yes, but it was my choice for the wolf to protect me. She is the other half of my soul, and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Similar to a mother, so I am never truly alone, friend." She explained to him, feeling the soul of her half nearby, patiently waiting for her return. "And your eyes...They're like mine are sometimes. Do you remember? They should have been similar during our conflict the last time we met. She mentioned, her eyes flickering a brilliant violet as she remembered the moment she felt the iceborn pull some control. She watched as his childhood played out, being the lonely child, much like Ikara herself, alone and orphaned, with only the white wolf to console her when her friend died in the orphanage fire. Out of fear when the wolf was on her last breath, Ikara offered space in her body for the soul of her friend, and in return the wolf provided her the strength and magic to protect herself and help others along the way. She knew all of the feelings that Eno possessed in these memories.

The loneliness he was speaking about now was actually that of the wolf's. She grew up and was separated from her universe of Iceborn, and was alone, trapped in Twilight Town. The pain that she felt clung to Ikara's heart, both parties sharing the burden and pain of the other with their strengths and resolve to pull through and survive together. It made a powerful being, but together, they were indeed one of a kind.

Before she had the chance to explain that those weren't exactly her memories, he explained how her kind was not friends with him in the past. She didn't quite understand what he meant, but his appearance changed once again and he seemed confused by her appearance now, his eyes studying her with a raised brow.

"This isn't my body anymore. I supposed this is what I would look like if I never met the Wolf. If you could see me earlier, you would notice that I appear as a halfling, much like I'm assuming you were expecting. The other half is who is standing guard over us now." She explained to him, turning her eyes away from him. Images filled the space as he thought of his world, where people who looked much like her resided high in the mountains. They looked as if Ikara was once one of them, maybe in an alternate life. Perhaps that's what the wolf was. Her alternate self from another world. She watched as the people communicated with the past Eno, sharing their stories and listening actively to his. The cold air of the mountain blew Ikara's midnight hair around, much like the hair of the people she saw before her. Conflict came to its boiling point, and with the halflings at Eno's back, he helped the people win, keeping their mountains as their home and securing their trust in the man before her. His voice shook her from his trance, and she didn't know what to say, the images in front of her pausing.

Ikara just nodded, tangled deeply into this story of what could possibly be her alternate's life as well.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Eno
While the duo watched the events play before them, Eno couldn't help but cast a glance her way. The way her eyes seem to widen as the very world around her warped, it was as though she were both intrigued, yet shocked by the events. The wolf-girl didn't appear to know what to make of it, having never been subjugated to something quite like this. When the heart shattered,  while she was able to maintain eye contact with it, she didn't seem able to cope, covering her ears to try and block the noise. Such a sudden burst of sound startled her, and once it came to an end Ikara turned to the husk, appearing to find some semblance of peace in his stare. She did mention that the other soul was watching over them rather than in his mind with Ikara, so without this entity to turn to, she probably panicked, probably not used to having to deal with things truly alone. It's good to the ex-hand that she can at least find calmness with him.

Sadly, Eno couldn't keep the sensations from reaching her like he originally intended. He didn't mean for her to hear it, but with him still working the kinks out of this power, there's still plenty of things he can't control. That in turn made him hesitate to show her anything further. But, despite how she reacted, the ice-born looks eager to learn more. Almost as though she forgot the event ever happened. Her second viewing, the one representing his battle with the darkness corroding his heart, she brings a hand over her chest, as though the very images before her were striking some fear into her. It's when Ikara looks over him is when Eno steps back a bit. Perhaps she didn't trust him as much as he once believed. He is a being of darkness after all, he's made of it, it's a part of who he is. Even if he doesn't intend on making a move on her, there is still that possibility. In that respect, he doesn't take offense to her looking over him with suspicion. Without her soul, not only would there be loneliness, there would be innate fear as well. No second voice to help soothe the first.

Though, as his explanations continued on, she began to take his words in depth, along with what Eno would believe to be her own acknowledgment of her circumstances, and in that moment of understanding, she's able to remove her hand from her chest, and stand with confidence. Being able to see this put a smile on the deadman's face. Maybe she doesn't need that other half as much as she thinks. It's an amazing thing to have, but at the same time, it cannot compare the accomplishment's one could make while standing on their own two feet. From something as small as having your own thoughts have no other influence, to being able to move, to be able to do that alone after having someone for so long might seem major in their eyes.

“Similar to a mother,” Eno echoes, softly. When such a simple statement left Ikara's lips, it left an impression on the servant. While it's very subtle, nothing more than him raising his brow and the smile dropping from his face, his mind doesn't reflect that in the slightest. In fact, that title brings a slew of memories flooding back. Ones that he would rather keep to himself, at least for now. “I may envy you after all.”

Wanting to move the subject forward, he immediately picks up on the next topic.

“I'm afraid I never saw your eyes before this moment, so I wouldn't know if we shared a similarity. But, watching yours now while you're in my mind, I can see where you'd get the resemblance. However, while yours represents something special, mine is nothing more than a genetic mutation,” he explains. With a wave of his hand, the scene melts away, revealing a chalk-tinted outline. The form itself appears human, two legs, two arms, a dagger in each hand, but the pointed ears at the top help complete this basic set. “Outside of my mind, this is how I perceive both people and inanimate objects. It's very basic, but at least I can see what you're holding, along with where and how you're moving. It's the only reason I'm still able to fight,” placing his hands on his hips he chuckles, “it's annoying really, I can look past the masks people place on themselves to hide their true feelings, but in return I can't see a face at all.”

“And, I gotta say, that's rather interesting. You took in that wolf's soul, and in turn your entire being changed,” Eno again looks her over, walking back and forth along the black floor as he does so, "not just your appearance, but your emotions as well. You two truly become one when you share a body,” finally he stops, turning to her with another smile, “I couldn't see two individual's inhabiting it when you and I fought. I haven't had the pleasure to see anything like it before. I wish I had the opportunity to speak with both of you, but perhaps that can wait for another time. As you said she's quite busy.”

“Now, let me show you what happened to me when we parted ways in Twilight Town.” Eno hesitates to continue. He did notice during the mountain event, that when the wind would blow, or when the chill came in, Ikara's skin would rise with goosebumps, and her hair was subject to the whim of the icy mountain air. The husk hoped to be able to prevent her from feeling anything, but that was not meant to be. He'd have to pour more mana into keeping this spell from affecting her through more than just sight, but her strength is great, perhaps too great. With a flash of lime green light illuminating his body for a few seconds, and a sigh, he turns his attention back to the abyss.

“It was a nightmare. One that I hope I won't have to share with you,” in order to help her gain a better understanding, he delves deeper into his explanation, “you weren't supposed to be able to react to the wind. I've poured more mana into this to to try and protect your spirit, but as a fair warning, there's a chance you'll feel some of this. Both what I went through physically, along with what thoughts and emotions were running through my head. They may meld with yours due to the severity, and I'm sorry if it does happen. In spite of that, you can take solace in the fact that the effects will not be permanent.”

Once he finishes, the scene takes on a more familiar appearance, at least to Eno. A wide, cavernous, bleak world known as The Underworld. A place filled to the brim with despair, regret, and sorrow. The caves and overall atmosphere becoming less hospitable the more those hopeless emotions of the dead are given to it, and the dreadful cold that follows may seep into the very bones of those that cling to life. With the caverns being so empty, there's nothing keeping the echoes from traveling through, letting any and all hear what horrors may be occurring no matter how close or far it may be from them.

“Guh!” Eno exhales as the blue tinted fist of an angry god connects with the husk's solar plexus. The impact left a great enough impression on the now exposed soul, causing spittle to come dripping from his mouth. The servant clutches his stomach, collapsing to his knees, the air completely gone from his lungs. His desperate gasps are akin to a fish out of water, his mouth opening and closing in vain. Without a means to speak, Hades talks uninterrupted.

“Ya know, I thought it'd be easy for you,” Hades shakes his head, disappointment clear in his features. “A very simple two step process,” the dark god brings his foot back as though he were going to kick a ball. “One.” A sickening thunk echoes down the empty halls of the dead as Eno's head snaps up from the blow. “Find Kyra.” With Eno lying flat on his back now, he's able to get in a few lungfuls of breath, but with each movement of his jaw sheer agony pervades his face as though lightning erupted underneath the skin. Throbbing proceeds it when he presses his lips together. “Two.” He angrily stamps his foot down on the ex-hand's chest, the strength of which causes not only cracks to appear in the stone beneath him, but for his chest to cave in. Eno's jaw looks like it unhinges itself in a silent scream.

As he clutches and claws at his throat to try and breathe green light shines along his body, the damaged portions repairing themselves. With Hades' punishment, there isn't an extreme amount of emotion being put into the blows, nothing to scar the soul. Every time Eno's spirit heals the damage done to it, it gives the flame haired madman a means to continue his assault. Which he does so in earnest.

“Capture her. And if she put up a fight, I assumed you'd be strong enough to beat her.” The servant, keeping his attention on his master, starts to crawl back, to try and gain some distance. The underworld lord, however, steps forward his angry gaze kept on his failed minion. “You even lied and told me those other two wouldn't be a problem.” His slender, blue digits of his right hand wrap around Eno's throat, picking him up. The strength behind Hades when his anger has reached its peak, but right before the explosive rage, is quite is a horror in its own category. Sure, he cannot measure up to some of his brothers, but in the face of a mortal, he had power in excess. Soon, Eno's feet dangle helplessly while his hands desperately try to pry the dark lord's hand loose to no avail.

“It doesn't matter now, it's not as though I really needed her anyway,” a sly upturn of the lips brings confusion to Eno.

“Wh-what are you talking about?” The ex-hand's comes raspy and soft.

“Before I even plucked you from hell, some tall, tan, and blonde guy paid me a visit. A heartless of all things. I believe he said his name was Lenneth or something like that,” as he speaks, Hades' smile widens, revealing his razor sharp teeth. “That bundle of dark power is gonna help me rise to the top. I'll be King of the Gods in no time baby! When compared to that, you and Kyra are nothing more than a means to pass the time. So what if they speak badly of the God of Death? I'll be ruling over more than just that soon enough.”

“Then why, why did you build me up like that?” Eno's nails dig into the pale blue flesh, “you made me believe that you needed me.”

“Oh, I did, I still might. Herc the Jerk may not be able to beat Lenny, but he can still rally the other gods on Olympus. Sheer numbers can still beat us, but if you play your role properly, he will never join in.” His gaze takes on a more sinister turn.

“What am I go-gonna do?” His limited site had begun to blur to an extreme extent, the lack of air making him light headed. His struggles became weak, so weak. Without anything to fill his lungs he's become so close to suffocating, but he is a soul, and as long as that remains a fact, he is immortal. Sweet unconsciousness will never come for the poor servant, he will have to deal with death by strangling until his master sees fit to release him. Eno doesn't even have the strength to kick his leg as the pressure in his head starts to build.

“You,” his voice comes out like a deep echo through the husk's mind, “you're gonna throw your body at Hercules and keep him off Mt. Olympus for as long as you can. But, before you do that, you're going to burn.” And, that's the last thing Eno is able to pick up before red and orange fill his blurred vision.

His body combusts, every single bit of him erupting into flames. Wanting him to feel the full effect, Hades lets him drop to the floor. As soon as Eno is able to breathe he screams. It's nothing like the human he appears to be, instead, he sounds like a feral creature, shrieking, knowing that its end will soon come. The would-be kidnapper rolls about on the floor, desperate to put out the flames, but this isn't your average fire. Every single inch of him burns with such intensity, his nose fills with the scent of his own skin burning, charring, then falling away like little flakes of black ash. The spirit automatically begins to fix the damage done, but the fire never dies. His lungs that feel the savage lick of heat, searing them, are fixed almost instantly, just so he can continue to experience this hell. Because of that, every time his voice is cut off from the burning, he's able to breathe in more of it yet again. A fate so like the titan of fire who's only crime was teaching mortals how to survive the harshness of reality. Eno's vision is completely consumed with the light of Hades' magic, making any sort of navigation impossible, and with the muscles, and soon his bones, being torched as well, moving proves to be just as difficult, but the nerves can full well feel the agonizing burn, making his limbs twitch uncontrollably regardless of his structure's condition...

Seconds, minutes, hours, the ex-hand couldn't comprehend just how much, or how little, time has passed since Hades first set him ablaze, and it hasn't stopped, nor has the soul ceased in its rigorous attempts to put Eno back to a stable state. During this period, his mind's a blur, with the overwhelming sensations taking priority. Eno doesn't even bother screaming anymore, instead he lies on his back, his suffering becoming so unbearable he can't register anything but it. Other than the occasional spasms that rock his body, he makes no attempt to stop what's occurring. The thought of moving at all only makes things worse.

What do I do, what do I do? Make it stop! It hurts, it hurts, i-it hurts. Please, I can't take it. I'll do anything god damn it! Why couldn't I just kill her? I can't do anything right. Kill me. Everything's burning! Why can't it end? Kill me. I-I can't move. Kill me. Kill me. Please forgive me I won't fail again. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. It'll never stop will it? I'm already dead. God damn you, Kyra! I hope those swords hurt, Xern! How dare you do this to me, Ikara! It's not their fault, its yours, you couldn't do what you were asked. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Someone help me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me.Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me...

As the scene played on for the two, the iceborn would soon realize that standing as their sentinel wouldn't have been a waste. An interloper, something probably drawn in by the curious dome of ice, approaches. At least that's how it'd register for the wolf goddess. If she could detect any life outside the safety of the dome. She'd be quite surprised to find that while it's only a single, solitary form, the amount of life is astoundingly larger.

An animal along the predatory side of things, one that doesn't seem to belong, at least in an open, grassy plain. To see such a thing, one would have to travel into the dense jungles located many, many miles from the land under Pride Rock's control.

In the distance, it'd seem like a monster to the more suspicious viewer. The lightning arching across the sky, along with the thick, dark clouds blocking out the sun does well to warp the otherwise simple body, it's pale yellow eyes shining as it draws near. Soon, the black, malleable form takes shape. Long, nimble limbs, and a slender body comes together in a culmination, representing the feline form of a panther. Its eyes remain set on the dome, its nose taking in the scent of the surrounding area. While the grasses pervade her senses, the ones within that dome have a different aroma about them.

When she's within a few dozen yards she freezes in place, inhaling the air yet again. Her eyes widen in pure shock at what she's discovered, and in order to make sure the scent matches with what she thinks, she squints. Like with what's occurred between Ikara and Eno, a portion of the panther's consciousness moves on, leaving the host behind to act as its lookout. The panther's gaze washes over the duo sitting in semi-comfort from the rain pounding down upon them. The first, a large wolf, holds no real interest for the large cat, but the other, that human, is an entirely different matter.

While his form may have been warped by an unknown source, that pale skin, the auburn hair that appears black in the lack of light, and even the content expression on his face is all she needs to confirm it, and almost immediately the quiet rage she's kept within comes to a boil. When her consciousness returns to her body it takes every bit of her to keep from screaming out his name.

“Eno,” her croaky voice comes in a whisper, “I never thought I'd see you again.” Flashes of memories past fill her, ones that under normal circumstances would fill one with joy, but to her, anything involving the husk only brings more anger. Within seconds she's gone from calm and composed, to shaking with fury. “I can finally repay you for what you did to me, and my son.”

Lying down on the damp ground, she opens her mouth, a small motion at first, but she doesn't stop there. Her jaw slowly opens, threatening to unhinge itself with the amount of force she's using to keep it so wide. Within seconds her body begins to quiver, and spittle drips from her gaping maw in a constant drip. At first, it was nothing more than that, then more strands of it began to join, and the amount being produced rose as well. The dry heaving builds in intensity, and soon the panther retches.

But, not a single drop of bile leaves her body. Instead, the long slender form of a snake comes slithering from her, its size becoming alarming as more of its length comes sliding from her. What would have appeared to be a small reptile would soon dwarf even a python in size, and just like her, its form is entirely black. Once the first leaves her body, one more comes shortly after it, and then another. Four, five, six, until finally seven snakes of similar size and shape all lie coiled around her, peering at her, silent. Occasionally their tongues flick forth from their mouths, becoming familiar with this new area.

“Enter that construct, and take him, my children,” her orbs gaze lovingly at her little creations, “leave the wolf be, but should she interfere, do not hesitate to kill her too. Now go, make your mother proud.” Without so much as a word, her serpents bring their attention to the dome, and slither through the tall blades of grass, using them to conceal their presence until the last moment. All the while, the panther waits, her eyes glowing brilliantly with excitement at what's to come...

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top