Ride of the Guildkyries
Yesterday at 8:11 pm
Hoshiko

Pawns
Yesterday at 4:49 pm
Camilia

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Silent Wild

Alora Vize

Finally, the nobody was free from her prison. She wasn't too sure how exactly it happened, but she was now out in the real world... Well, one of them. Surrounding Alora were various screens and a large board of different buttons, none of which she'd dare press with the risk of being sent back to Space Paranoids. With a normal, realistic world around her the girl would once again, blindly walk around until something made sense.

Eventually the nobody left what seemed to be a research centre type thing and made it into the township. It wasn't exactly full of people but there were citizens here and there, which were more than Alora had ever seen before. Not to mention they all dressed rather strangely, no neon lights, only some matching colours, or perhaps she was the one dressed strangely.

She was the only one in a catsuit, her beanie seemed to be normal but everything else was obviously Space Paranoids-y. It seemed to catch her a bit of attention, which she was blissfully unaware of as she walked around closely observing others as they walked by. A large smile on her face probably crept a few people out but she wasn't exactly aware of any emotions either, other than this naive happiness she tended to always have.

Back to top Go down

Nasir
On the cusp adventure, the world left him bored. Little to no events were happening, maybe a petty crime here or there that he had intervened with, showing off his unique power set. Perhaps there was a balloon floating in the air, causing him to search for the child whom symbolically lost their innocence. Chances are likely he even entered an alley way, taking the initiative to getting ganged up on, so he could preemptively deal with future crimes.

Unfortunately, if any of these happened, they were resolved much too quickly and left a bitter taste in Dom's mouth; or perhaps that was some of the random matter he had consumed in hopes to keep his energy up. The sort-of-redhead-but-kind-of-brown haired adolescent sat atop a building, which was known for being the best way to look above the city. At least, that's what the TV shows taught him; late, but dramatic entrances were often a sign of the hero. However, some days the heroes never showed up, because they weren't needed, which was admittedly disheartening. After all, one would assume that a city would be bursting with more activity.

As he scoped out the not-really-a-crowd, he noticed one girl in particularly strange attire. She was in a catsuit. Chances are, she was also looking for adventure, especially if she was sticking out this much. Was this an attempt to draw out criminals? Or maybe allies? Or maybe she was just a raver on too many drugs. She did kind of have the hair for it. Admittedly, Dom was a little envious. She looked like a real hero. Heroine? He never understood the need to gender specify terms. That added more complexity to an already complex language with ridiculous rules. But on the other hand...it did allow for interesting media to play on the female superhero-drug addiction theme, if they ever were to balance that out in an interesting way. Regardless, he was getting off base, his mind getting him on a tangent. What he was really jealous about was that he was so unspectacularly plain. He hadn't brought his hat, which was probably his only unique form of attire, and instead had on a charcoal V-neck (very light on the V), light grey jeans, and some comforting, non-brand specific shoes that was similar to his shirt, albeit slightly different due to the texture differentiation.

Plain. Plain. Plain. Hopefully, his personality would compensate.

"Hey, uh, up here!" He yelled, putting a single hand by his face in order to help his voice echo, while the other frantically waved. He had a confident, but somewhat goofy smile as he welcomed her over. His warm, social persona evident by his body language and his over the top invitation.

Back to top Go down

The Silent Wild
Someone called out to her, she looked around for a moment, did they call out to her? Confused for a small moment Alora heard the end of the greeting, looking up she noticed a young male, he looked to be around the same age as her. In response to his frantic waving the girl raised her hand, waving and grinning before she spoke. "Hello!" She yelled. The girl looked to the ground then up to the welcoming stranger, with a moment of thought she remembered a small trick of hers.. magic.. trick whatever.

The nobody jumped into the air, fairly high for a human, with the aid of magic a gust of wind flew her up to the ledge of the building which she grabbed onto. She lifted herself up with ease and sat next to the man on the ledge. The whole action of her getting up there probably drew attention to herself and the male with her, she didn't show any sort of care in the world as she began to speak. "I'm Alora. Nice to meet you." She said with a grin as she began kicking her legs back and forth against the wall. Her persona was clearly childish, but definitely friendly.

Alora could barely remember how long it had been since she had talked to someone who would actually respond back to her. She observed the man's clothing, it was a lot different to her attire in more ways than just gender specific clothing, it was kind of like... everyone else there. His hair was interesting to Alora too, brown.. but red? Not... pink? Ok not everyone had to have the same hair as her but she was still intrigued. After staring for a while, the girl turned to look over the city, as before there were some people here and there but otherwise the place was a little boring and gray.

Back to top Go down

Nasir
She eagerly replied, not caring that a stranger had confronted her. It must happen to her often. Or maybe she was just as adventurous as she looked. Awesome. That's exactly what he was looking for; another gung-ho, enthusiastic individual willing to take risks. Adults were too complacent, children tended to be directionless, and other adolescents were too caught up in themselves. Although, Dom wasn't exactly excluded from that last defining feature. He was a bit full of himself, but considering his gluttonous tendencies, that wasn't out of the ordinary.

As she jumped up, the wind seemed to follow her. She felt important. Alora introduced herself, proving to have an interesting name to match her get up and eager personality, which helped Dominick feel more comfortable. He was sometimes put off by people, but she made the interaction rather easy.

"Hey, Alora," He began, confirming that he pronounced her name correctly, pointing his index finger at her, while not invading her personal space. "Nice to meetcha, I'm Dom, Doms, Domo, Dominick, take your pick. I don't really have a preference." The youth said, moving his hands around a lot to accentuate his speech. He seemed  carefree. "So, what's with the get-up?" He continued, bluntly, uncaring for any personal offense she may have taken for his seemingly judgmental statement. Before she would have a chance to reply, giving a small moment for her to begin speaking, but not enough to let her finish her first word, he asked, "You hungry? I'm famished. Let's get something to eat."

He would start walking on the roof, and hop towards others when necessary, but avoided entering the crowded public. He wasn't too sure of the local cuisine, as it had been his first day here, but he didn't mind searching for a bit. Dom wasn't particularly hungry, but he liked to keep his energies up and tended to eat, even if he felt a little tired. The redhead would await her and wait for her to catch up, if necessary, but he was confident she would follow and be more than capable of keeping up with him.

Back to top Go down

The Silent Wild
Kicking her legs and listening to Dom with a lot of intent she took in his name.. and nicknames. Domo seemed fun to say, but who could be bothered with two syllables with nicknames, so as it goes, Alora would just call him Dom. He continued to speak, his hands moving as he did so, it all seemed quite casual despite the blunt and to some rude question. Taking a small moment to think of what he meant by 'get up' the recently awakened nobody realized he meant outfit. "I du-" She was interrupted by the suggestion to go and eat, seemed fine, the girl hadn't felt hungry until Dom had mentioned it.

The nobody got up and walked alongside Dom across the rooftops. She had no idea where to get food here so she assumed he would considering he suggested it. As they walked along Alora continued on her interrupted sentence. "I dunno, this suit has some cool things I figure out each time I wear it... which is most days. Also where I was before everyone had something like this." She paused, looking at Dom's outfit once again. "Doesn't your outfit have some cool secret features to it?" Alora asked this as if he was weird for not having a cool do-hicky suit like hers. Her expression had a small amount of concern to it however it returned to a content smile as she looked away for a moment.

Back to top Go down

Kanindd
(Sorry, im new here, so i might not be too good at this)

"Finally!". The boy had just hit the ground, having jumped from the odd floating island looming high in the air, partly hidden by clouds. "I can't believe i made it out of there!", he sighs, and begins to look around the place he landed in. He begins to feel out of place, with his blue hair and black eyes, Not to mention with a name like Kiero Masano, he assumed people would stop and stare, but no one payed him any mind at all. He sighs, "Its like being in the Silent City all over again", and begins walking through the town.

From down below, a blue-haired boy stops walking, only now noticing the sound of voices. "Hello?" he asks out lout. He begins to climb up the side of the building, searching for anything steady to hold. "Damn, i could have sworn i heard so-", He stops, reaching the roof and seeing two people, one dressed casually, but the other, in some sort of... "Catsuit?" he says out loud, and throws his hand over his mouth quickly. He climbs up onto the roof and stands up. "Um...h-hi...I-I'm Kiero. I dont suppose you could help me find my way around here?"

Last edited by Kanindd on December 3rd 2014, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Back to top Go down

Nasir
"None, whatsoever." He said, briefly turning around, walking backwards as he examined her suit. "I'm not big on magical or mechanical clothing. I like to use my body and that's it. It's all me, y'know? Pinnacle of human achievement...or something. All that extra stuff is too much of a hassle." He finished, swinging his leg, using it to turn back around and continue forward.

Before he could continue and ask her where she was from, another person emerged from the crowd, joining them atop the roof. Being the friendly individual he was, Dom would invite him to wherever they were headed. He wasn't particularly sure either, but he knew once he saw it, he's go for it. "Kiero." He confirmed, not waiting for him to reply before continuing. "Dom. Alora. Food. Come with." He said, pointing to the respective parties and then the direction they were heading before inviting him.

"You met up with us just in time, Kiero." He continued, before letting either speak again. He he didn't care for the courtesies of small talk, they'd have their turn eventually. "Alora, here, was just about to tell us about her homeworld and all the people in the catsuits, weren'tcha?" He said, turning is head, eyes closed, with a large, teethy smile, hoping she would continue the conversation they were having prior to the man's arrival. He wanted to know where she was from. If catsuits were common there, he might have to check it out. He wouldn't get one, but it'd be an experience. "After that," he continued, focusing on Kiero, "You can tell us what's up with you." He made sure to not exclude him, or make him feel as if he was third wheeling. The more the merrier, especially since they were just getting food.

"Annnnnd, go." He said, having turned around, giving her the mark to speak, letting it be known he wasn't going to interrupt them with his long-winded, self-centeredness.

Back to top Go down

The Silent Wild
(Sorry just been busy with adult stuff like interviews and bleh, Also welcome to the site! ^_^)

"Hm, that's cool I guess." She responded to Dom's whole no magic or mechanical gear wiz biz. She was about to say something about how it was actually quite convenient and cool, but she didn't get the chance to with the arrival of a new person. Dom did the honor of introducing them to Kiero, it was brief but inclusive in the way he invited him to come along. As her name was spoken, Alora gave a short wave and a big smile. As they continued to walk, it was intended that Alora spoke of where she came from and what not. So without further ado she spoke, on the cue which her new acquaintance gave. "Well actually... I don't think everyone wears cat suits... Just more uhhh..." She paused, looking up into the sky, "more sleek clothing? Maybe?" Pausing again her expression showed a load of confusion, "I actually... I can't remember.." She stopped.

Trying to remember only made it more difficult. What went down? She woke up in this outfit, spent a few days.. or hours.. who knows how long, found a way out of Space Paranoids and ended up in this city, where she had seen humans for the first time. First time? No. She had definitely seen her kind before... She just couldn't remember. Alora turned to the two she walked with. "Uhhh.... So whats your deal Kiero?" The girl had blatantly ignored her lack of memory, blindly carrying on the conversation to the new guy.

Back to top Go down

Kanindd
"Well," began Kiero. He hadn't talk to people in a long time, so he knew he might mess up. He says each word.carefully and slowly. "I just escaped that place. The silent city". He points up into the blank sky, and almost as if on que, a floating island comes into view. "They try to keep people quiet with a metal plate over the mouth", he points to the 4 marks around his mouth, 2 at each corner. "They do a lot of messed up things there, so I guess they can't have people talking about it."He looks down at the ground as they walk."But I managed to get out before they could do that to me" He pauses for a second and looks over them, as if studying them. "So now i guess I'm just a traveler until I can get strong enough to go back and free the others". He nods towards Dom, showing that he is done talking.

Back to top Go down

Nasir
When Alora was poorly describing her origin and their fashion sense, her final comment lingered in the air. She couldn't remember? Considering she lived their most of her life, this meant she was either unobservant and air-headed, or there was an adventure waiting to happen. Maybe, there was a mind-wiping agent that had infected her populace. Or maybe he was just getting ahead of himself.  Dom was the type of individual to look for adventure wherever he could grasp it, even if it meant reading nonexistent text between the lines.

Fortunately, this reach was no longer needed, as Kiero spoke about a silent city in the sky. Although, despite his claims Doms was a bit confused about the situation. When he finished talking, Doms didn't see him nod his head, since he was still leading them to get food. He even jumped off the roof, invited them to follow, and stood in front of a little shop that seemed to be serving some sandwiches or something along those lines. He wouldn't enter yet, because he was unsure of people's opinions about the silent city and, therefore, needed to ask some much needed questions.

"So, why does that place exist? And does anyone else in Radiant Garden care about it? Maybe, it's a prison and you deserved to be there." He accused, nonchalantly, not realizing the weight of his words. The accusation would likely be offensive, but he didn't particularly see the issue with speculation. There'd only be hostility if Kiero was immature or if Dom was right and hit a nerve.

Back to top Go down

Kanindd
"Well,ya'see.." Kiero began, "Before this was the Radiant Gardens" he gestures around him, " there used to be much more land where all of the water is now." He looks back up at the island as it seems to vanish into thin air. He sighs, and continues "around that time, people had started working with the darker sides of magik and alchemy, some rituals requiring sacrifices, or in some cases, flat-out murder" He has a blank expression on his face as he continues. "So these became almost like gangs, and I'm sure you know that gangs cant have people talking about their crimes. So that's why they keep us there and do what they do. To keep us silent. Hence the "Silent City"" He eyes the two of them thoughfully, and smiles. "Which reminds me, you two seem like nice people, so I feel like you should have these." He pulls 2 small devices out of his pocket and hands one to each of them. "These are my last 2 sensors. They tell you if any dark alchemy is used nearby, and whether to fight or run like hell. But take care of them. There the last ones , and im trusting you guys!" He smiles, and though his eyes are black, they seem to shine for a moment

Back to top Go down

Etzolix
Kanindd, considering this a lore-based medium, you cannot redefine the existence of a world for your own personal backdrop. You can create the skyland in whatever way you want, but it cannot contradict established lore.

If you need help reworking the concept, feel free to PM me.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top