roleplay
Latest topics
What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
October 26th 2017, 10:55 am
DarkGodRasul

Land Of Twilight - A Legend Of Zelda Roleplay
October 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Josh Dragovalor

The Infinite; Rick and Morty [Forumotion]
October 21st 2017, 1:37 pm

Steamhunter
October 20th 2017, 8:25 am

Dragonball Legacy
October 14th 2017, 5:54 pm

Staff
Updates
11.1.2017 - Kingdom Hearts RP is now closed. We'd like to thank everyone who invested time on the site for contributing to a wonderful experience which lasted for many years. All stories must eventually end, but while this may seem bittersweet, it can't be stressed enough what a pleasure it was to create and share them with you all. Goodbye everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Melany
Melany stood alone on the beach, hating that she was so shy. She had just moved here not long ago, and of course she didn't know anyone. She shifted into a pale brown wolf and sat down, trying not to draw attention to herself.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Faith rested on a table, happily carving the wood off of her new Shanghai doll. It was nude, of course, because she hadn't modeled any clothing for it yet. She wondered if she should make this one special for the beach. Like, put on a cute swimsuit. Maybe she could try her hand at a mini-parasol! Oh, that would be great! Maybe she should go buy some construction paper for it. Unless there was better material that she just couldn't think of on the top of her head.

Faith paused when her nonchalant examination of the beach led her to noticing a wolf. It clearly didn't belong here. In fact, that didn't belong anywhere near the beast, let alone a world that was a beach. Faith didn't want to go up to it; it might kill her and that would be stupid. Faith wasn't stupid. Not anymore, at least.

The girl took out one of her spare Shanghai Dolls and put it on the ground. It could fly, but she didn't want it to be more terrifying than it already was. The puppet happily came to life and looked at Faith happily. Such a cutie...it was probably going to die. The puppeteer shooed it forwards, and it walked curiously towards the wolf.

No really, when did it get there?

Back to top Go down

Melany
The wolf noticed it but it didn't attack it. A small sound of curiosity escaped its throat, and it tilted its head slightly to the right.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Shanghai stared curiously at the wolf up close. It really wanted to know what the weird creature was and why it was here. Probably because Faith wanted to know. It even made a funny noise! That meant it must've been playful, right? Or maybe that was a bad noise. Shanghai wasn't quite sure. So naturally the best thing to do would be to examine it.

Of course, the Shanghai Dolls weren't that smart to begin with, so it just got the great idea to walk up merrily, its dress stillfully in place, and proceeded to attempt to poke the wolf creature on the nose.

Faith sighed. She really didn't care anymore. This was kind of boring. The puppeteer instead turned back to the table she was sitting at and continued carving quietly. Maybe Shanghai would make a new friend. That'd be nice if she could remember which doll was which.

Back to top Go down

Melany
The wolf tilted its head a little more in childlike innocence. It almost seemed human, in the way its eyes showed a timid personality.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Shanghai was confused. What did Faith want again? It had basically forgotten by this point. Poking the wolf was too fun. The doll flapped its little wings and floated around the wolf, trying to see what other fun things it could do with the wolf. It didn't seem to mind, or at least Shanghai thought it didn't mind. The doll landed on the wolf's back soon enough and looked around.

Oh, there was Faith! She seemed busy, though. Shanghai knew not to bother Faith while she was busy. So instead Shanghai went back to playing with the wolf. It happily sat on the wolf now, probably attempted to swing its legs merrily.

Back to top Go down

Melany
And still she didn't seem to mind. Instead, it stood up and instead of trying to shake Shanghai off, it just walked around. There was something else, though...It had less body heat than a normal dog...

Back to top Go down

Faith
Shanghai felt a bit surprised at first, but it was natural that the dog wanted to move sometime. Oh, maybe it wanted to give the doll a ride! Shanghai would be fine with that! It would be just as fun as performances! Nah, wait, those were more fun. Anything that made Faith happy was fun to Shanghai! The doll paused its minor thoughts to look around.

Ooooh...Shanghai liked looking around and getting a ride. "Shang!" the black-dressed doll exclaimed with a happy look on its face.

Faith actually looked over when Shanghai talked. Maybe the wolf wasn't so bad. That meant it most likely wouldn't be a problem she would have to take care of. And besides, if needed, she could get Shanghai to stab it in the back. It was there, after all.

Back to top Go down

Melany
The wolf paused for a second, as if it had forgotten what it was doing. Then, a second later, the doll would find itself sitting on the shoulder of a human girl. "...Hey." She said, walking up to Faith. "Is...Is this your doll?" She had managed to overcome her shyness so far as she pointed at the doll on her shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Shanghai only blinked for a few seconds when it came to realize it was no longer sitting on something hairy. In fact, it felt like a shoulder. Wasn't it on a back of a wolf? Shanghai wasn't too bright (probably because dolls don't have brains) but it knew that this wasn't normal. So the doll looked at the human head next to her and had to muse it over for a second with itself.

Faith had just finished carving the base of the doll at that time. She smiled, admiring her handywork and putting the wooden base down before hearing somebody speak to her. Immediately she became cautious, withdrawing slightly while looking at the human that her Shanghai doll was now resting on. Who was she? Wasn't Shanghai with a wolf? Shanghai seemed as equally confused, so Faith quickly put the facts together.

This human was the wolf. This made her even more dangerous than normal humans.

"Yes," Faith said, cold and emotionless as she called Shanghai over with her right hand, looking away now and digging through a backpack for more supplies. She knew she didn't bring any sewing supplies with her - she wasn't sure why she didn't think of that - but she just wanted to give the weirdo the cold shoulder.

Shanghai happily flew over the table Faith was working on and happily sitting there, nonchalantly humming quietly.

Back to top Go down

Melany
Melany's shy side took over again and she ran off somewhere, wanting so badly to turn into something else but having to wait four hours. She sighed. Good job, Melany, you made a bad first impression.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Faith stopped rummaging when she noticed that the person had gone away. Good. Humans were despicable creatures that could never be trusted. Faith didn't for awhile and she wouldn't start now. There was no reason to, after all. They were the reason she died.

Shanghai tilted her head and looked over in the direction the human fled. What was wrong? Shanghai wanted to check on her, so the doll began to flap its wings readily. Faith didn't seem to mind - she didn't say anything the doll preparing to leave - so Shanghai fluttered off.

Soon enough Shanghai got lost looking for the human. Where was she? "Shanghai..." Shanghai muttered, a bit confused and lost, maybe even upset. It wasn't sure.

Back to top Go down

Melany
When she heard it, Melany almost fell out of the tree she was in, letting out a very small yelp.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Shanghai yelped when it heard the other yelp. The doll frantically looked around before pinpointing the crash of the human. She was in a tree for some reason...weird, huh? The doll fluttered over cautiously but curiously. Was the human even okay?

"Shanghai?" the doll asked, wondering if she was okay.

Back to top Go down

Melany
"I'm okay," She said, as if she'd understood. Beside her backpack sat a book, marked at a page near the middle.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Shanghai wasn't quite sure what to do now. The doll floated confusingly, staring at the girl. What was with her? A wolf changing into a girl wasn't normal, and not to mention one that ran away like everything was evil! That was Faith! Actually, Faith would probably be having a colder reaction. Which she kind of did, but Shanghai didn't mention it. Not that it could, but it also didn't want to offend its creator. The puppeteer was a nice person, after all! not to mention Faith could rob them of life if she felt like it

"Shang!" Shanghai merrily said before asking, "Shanghai hai?" Shanghai was confused, and it tried to ask for...something. Even the doll wasn't quite sure.

Back to top Go down

Melany
"...?" Was the only reaction Shanghai got. Melany didn't fully understand. "Oh...My name's Melany." She said, thinking it wanted to know her name.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Melany? Her name? That was a start! Faith may not want to interact with humans, but Shanghai was perfectly fine conversing with them to the best of its abilities. The other dolls were probably the same, but Shanghai wouldn't bother them about it. But now Shanghai was here with the human Melany!

"Shanghai Shang!" the doll exclaimed, "Shanghai Shanghai hai!" Shanghai was just excited now. After all, this time Faith was okay with the doll wandering off now, so Shanghai was just going to try and do...something!

Back to top Go down

Melany
"I can do what I did earlier because I'm a shifter. I can change into a lot of different things....But I have to wait four hours between each shift."

Back to top Go down

Faith
Shanghai was in awe. How could humans do that? There must have been a lot of magic humans out there! It's such a shame Faith won't go near them. Her dolls understood her, but sometimes some of them thought the doll master should just go out and make some friends. Not that they could do much about it. They had to do whatever their master told them to no matter what. So Shanghai wouldn't try to do anything to annoy her for the time being.

Though the shapeshifting thing was interesting, still. "Shaaaaanghai..." the doll chimed, "Shang Shanghai! Shang Shang Shanghai Hai Shang Shanghai!" The doll was getting excited and trying to explain itself. It remembered it couldn't but did so anyways. Heck, maybe it'd be able to get some more info out of mistranslation! Shanghai would like that.

Back to top Go down

Melany
"Woah, slow down! I'm not great at it, though. Also, I'm a total nerd." She blushed a little at her own words.

Back to top Go down

Faith
Shanghai blinked twice for a moment. Too fast? Shanghai was pretty sure it was talking normally. The doll was going to make sure it would watch itself when it spoke. The doll would probably forget this within a few seconds but hey, Shanghai and Faith probably wouldn't mind.

"Shanghai!" Shanghai responded with interest in her tone, "Shanghai Shang Shanghai! Shanghai Shang..."

Back to top Go down

Melany
She smiled. "I just finished this really great book series. The one I'm reading right now is the first book of another series based off of it."

Back to top Go down

Faith
Ah, a book reader. Shanghai knew Faith read books all the time. Well, mostly her grimoire. Shanghai wasn't allowed to read it. Something about weird magical disturbances. Shanghai never remembered what Faith said. Probably why the doll always got scolded by the puppeteer. It never understood why, but it blamed its weird memory. Must've just been a puppet thing.

"Shang," Shanghai said, nodding along to show it understood.

Back to top Go down

Melany
"This one's about a girl who gets taken to a tower where she ends up reuniting with her father, and they go on this adventure and it's...." Melany closed her eyes for a minute. "Awesome."

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top