Hot Damn Kids
June 2nd 2017, 4:53 pm
Newo

Hi!
May 29th 2017, 8:20 pm
Noko Troshiro (Adult)

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eno
The intense pain, the agonizing burn, is ever present now. With no means to escape the scalding of Eno's false skin became a constant he couldn't escape no matter how hard he tried to block it out, the keyblade being kept close did little to alleviate his suffering. This warrior doesn't have to show off her light in order to have a pronounced effect, all Kyra has to do is have something literally made from the element to be too close, or in this case wound the ex-hand. He grinds his teeth, angered by this debilitation, and so much more.

Why is it that this wench gets to keep a physical body and not him? Why does the undead soul have to possess a husk made in his living image to move around while Kyra gets to roam free among the living? He'd overcame hurdles that'd break any man, endured intense physical and mental torture that'd drive the average person to insanity! Not once did he give up the hope that he'd escape Tartarus, yet here he is. His soul is cracked much like the obsidian plains his mangled feet were forced to cross while Kyra here is complete. Eno went against evil itself and sacrificed his life to make his world better, he beat those vile creatures that dared to call themselves human in death, and for months he kept on rebelling against hell, and for what? To end up as a willing servant to the man who ruled his prison. All Kyra had to do was uphold the light and that's all...

But, such trivial things shouldn't matter, no they don't matter at all. Eno is a tool, an extension of Hades' will. If the flame-haired God of Death wants Kyra's soul back in his domain, he will have it. The husk's personal feelings can come later when she's bound in wrought iron chains similar to his. When Kyra gets to feel that unbearable weight, along with the hopelessness that comes with it, then he can get out anything that needs to be said. For now, he must focus on what's occurring now, and will occur.

Like the cut across his chest, this one wouldn't be fatal to one among the living, but because it just has to be this accursed body any sort of sensation is multiplied to an extent. It's a small price to pay for the small victory the servant obtained in the exchange. Eno wouldn't be done in by such an attack no matter what element was in the picture. He succeeds in grabbing hold of her wrists and trapping her in the net. It meant nothing that she was stronger in the struggle, it's much too late. Her committing to the attack made it so. If she tries to use all of her strength to move the chains would push her forward. Kyra's strength is meaningless if her movements are restricted.

Next came the dagger, in just a few seconds-

A sudden sensation fills the spirit's senses. It may be dull, but a foreign object has definitely pierced the hardened skin of the husk. It wasn't  a partially threatening slash like the ones Kyra loved to perform, it's something much more accurate and deadly. Looking down, however, shows that the stab is anything but. Actually, butt is a pretty good word to describe just where this blade came from. With the tip sticking out of his upper thigh, and now piercing the light-bringer's leg, it appears as though some interloper has stabbed his ass cheek.

Someone not only managed to find where the two were fighting, but snuck up and attacked Eno from behind, literally. Looking over his shoulder, the ex-hand finds the outline of the owner, his flames dull, as though he'd done such an action a million times before. His soul holds no hesitation, only conviction.

“D-did you just stab my ass?” Eno asks, bemused. “I mean,  I guess you're trying to help this girl,” as the undead spirit speaks his hands hold tighter to Kyra's wrists, “but could that have been any more useless? Unless your weapon incorporates magic my body won't register the pain, and look you got her too,” he turns his attention back to Kyra before adding, “see her leg's been hit. You just did my work for me, you amateur.  It doesn't matter that I missed my surprise attack. It's not as though diverting my attention is going to save-”

At that moment, Hades' Servant seems to be at a loss for words. Though his eyes can barely register the phenomenon, it doesn't take much to realize something's falling at such a gentle pace. Little flecks of white lazily dance from the heavens, each bit landing on nothing else but the girl in his grasp. Has a fire broken out somewhere in the woods? Are these the ashes from the searing flames now cutting their way through the forest, devouring all at a mere touch? Or could his information be wrong?

As far as Eno knew, Twilight Town as a whole didn't undergo any seasonal changes. No real spring, summer, fall, or winter to note. While the undead soul was sure the temperature could change on this world, that didn't mean that leaves would litter the forest floor during fall, nor did that mean this place could be covered in a blanket of white. Yet, here he could be looking at snow, snow of all things. It has to be, with his enhanced sense of smell he hasn't picked up on any scent indicating a forest fire. If one broke out in town they duo would have certainly heard the people screaming.

So, if it is snow, why would it be falling here? And why is it that Eno's “sight” can pick up on it? Natural weather patterns like this are beyond his ability to see, unless this is the result of magic...
One thing's for sure, with each little flake that lands on Kyra, the more she starts to struggle. The appearance of an ally couldn't give her the energy needed to fight against him now. She's been bleeding, she's been doing everything she could to hit him. The warrior may be above the level of a human, but she has to get tired. Unlike Eno, the light-bringer has a physical body. Kyra has to breathe, to eat, to drink, and take a break every now and again. But now, something is giving her that power back. What could be the source behind it?

A sudden sound, like rushing air, breezes past the two, and one of his daggers along with it. Following the source of the noise  shows the shaft of an arrow buried in the trunk of a nearby tree, his chained dagger pinned along with it. A third has joined the fray, and by the looks of things it's yet another ally to rescue his target.

"Kyra, you may not know me but you look like you could use some help. Lenneth sent me to check up on you. I guess I arrived just in time." 

And that's when he sees her, the third silhouette comes into view. It seems as though the tables have turned to an extreme degree. While Eno was more than capable of capturing the keyblade wielder, having two others around makes what would have been a simple task into something worse, much worse. Despite using multiple blades in his fight the two fought on equal ground. He has no idea the capabilities of the ones who have made themselves known to be her guardians. Eno can't fight in a three on one and hope to come out on top.

With the second dagger joining the first, the knowledge of being at a disadvantage only makes itself more obvious. If Eno fights now, it's very likely that his husk would be on the receiving end to a lot of punishment. Knowing this, he doesn't attempt to regain his hold on Kyra when she backs away, nor does he allow the chains to impede on her retreat.

In spite of the apparent loss, there's still something Eno has that they so willingly gave. Xern, as Kyra calls him, may have said nothing, but both the light user and this archer let their lips loose some sensitive information. Lenneth, the name of the one who's allied themselves with his master Hades. So, this wench and that creature of darkness are friends? Or at the very least allies. Why else would he send someone to heck up on her? That could definitely be something he'll have to bring up when he returns. Even if he doesn't have the light-bringer in his clutches he at least has that.

“Hmm, it looks like you made friends after all. More than those two back in town.” His hands drop to his sides, though the chained blades  emerging from his back retract, to offer at least some protection should the trio decide to rush in. Should they try anything, he'll turn his weapons on Xern, considering he's the closest target. “How unfortunate for me, huh?” The ex-hand smirks.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 15,000/15,000EXP
Level III: 19,739/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP

Back to top Go down

Nero~
Xern was focusing his magika though his hand, storeing some up for a spell as the man talked, and was keeping a eye on the chained swords. As Xern sotred his magic he would put his sword away in his sheath.

"Hey, you two, can you keep thi guy busy? i want to do something about his weapons. might take a bit of time but soon enough i can break his chains." Xern said as he grabs his scythe, unfolding it form its rested position. the scythes blade gleamed with magic, as his magic flowed though it. Quickly trying to catch the man by surprise. He will dash for ward makeing 3 shadow forms to run with him.

His scythe would then quiver, Xern quickly folding it and pulling his saber out. his saber was glowing Blue with ice magic. He dispearses the three shadow images, to summon 5 floating ice swords and 6 floating illusinary swords, whichs blends in with the ice swords. commanding the swords to go after the weapons, the based of the chains, Xerns weapong would go for the base of the chains at the source, the user.

Quickly sliceing at the man with the weapons, he will pulse each slash with pure ice magic, lowering His own reserves of magic to deal more damage. if the slashes would hit the wounds would pierce the body, Makeing little spear of ice inside the body to go out of the other side of the body.

fight songAngle of darkness

Timeline:  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t12666-nero-s-timeline

Combat level:1
MP:Unknown

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Ikara nodded to the stranger on the far side and fired a couple arrows at Eno. She assumed he wouldn't let them get through his chain defense, but the ice would do it's part in weakening the chains for Xern. The halfling made her way over to Kyra as she shot 5 arrows in total before turning to her to inspect her wounds. Her sapphire eyes searched Kyra's face for permission to touch her. With approval, Ikara smiled gently, her attention still at Eno and she placed her icy fingertips on her leg wound. With powerful magic, Ikara drew the pain into her own body, grimacing as the sharp blade seemed to pierce through her own leg all the while hers began to heal at an accelerated rate. Her cold magic could be felt coursing through Kyra's body as the wound finally closed, also regaining full usage of the muscles and tendons that have torn from the blade. Even though the wound was only an illusion, as the halfling didn't actually have any injury, she cursed under her breath at the feeling that she did. Ikara sighed, her body weakened somewhat before she stood up straight, her complete attention to Eno.

"You should be able to use that leg like nothing ever happened. Try to be more careful." Ikara grinned wildly, her fangs glinting in the pale light. She touched Kyra's shoulder and transferred some of her stamina pool as well. Only 10%, but that should have been enough with a 3 on one.

Ikara didn't know how she felt about Eno. He seemed to blindly follow orders, like he had no choice in the matter. She knew what he was now was evil, but what the wolfie wasn't sure about was whether he was always this way. Drawing daggers, Ikara stood in a defensive stance while she waited for any return attacks. Although she has already used half of her energy, she knew she could easily dodge if she conserved.

"Why are you after Kyra, anyway? What does the underworld want with her? And out of curiosity..." She paused for a moment, unsure how to continue. She knew she wanted to know more about him, he was lacking something, she could smell it. But Ikara didn't know what. "And where are you in all of this, hollow one? Is this your choosing, to attack this girl?" Ikara wasn't entirely sure what she asked him, it just felt correct. Something about this shell of a human brushed at the edge of her thoughts, her instincts. Something was off, and she was curious to know what.

[[I edited this after Krystal's post to better describe that I took the pain but not the actual injury on, etc. and also to state that I did not fire arrows after, they were merely to keep Eno busy so Ikara could get to Krystal. They will at most weaken the chains. No real damage. :D]]

Spells used: Transfer Healing (60%, all focused on a single point, factoring 45% returned damage mentally and sapping about the same amount of her energy)
Supportive in Nature (transferring 10% stamina over to Kyra. Ikara is down to about 45% energy left.)

Yay.

Last edited by Ikara Yukinko on November 3rd 2014, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cure|Ice|Water|Earth|Wind
Previous Post Count: 2900
Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Kourage
With two new allies by her side, Kyra felt more confident than ever. Her foe seemed to realize his plight as well. Though he still shielded himself with the chains, he lowered his arms in obvious surrender. "So you have friends..." he had said. Of course I have friends. No one should be alone in the world, in any world for that matter. She had no more expected them to show up than he had, but she was extremely grateful for it. He smirked as his hands fell to his sides, and she nodded in recognition of this. It seemed as though the fight were over.

That was when Xern spoke, saying that he would do something about the chains. Those chains had been a huge pain throughout the whole encounter. She would have loved to see them destroyed, but it didn't seem possible at this point. By now, of course, she had noticed that they grow back though, so severing them wasn't likely to help anyone. Besides, he had stood down already. Had the others not seen this?

Perhaps they hadn't. Xern had been behind him the whole time, and everything had happened so fast. Ikara seemed to respond immediately to Xerns request, letting loose five arrows in his direction. She wanted to warn them that it wouldn't work, that the chains would inevitably come back, but Ikara was at her side before she could say anything. Her hand was on the wounded leg. The limb went cold as she felt the icy fingers of her new friend upon it, and the pain dissipated.

Kyra wasn't really used to being healed, as she was normally the one doing the healing. Taking other people's pain upon herself was probably the most valuable of her abilities.While she hated to fight alone, she had found recovery to be something she generally had to do herself. It felt kind of strange, relying on another person. Of course, the action was much appreciated. Part of her felt like she owed this girl a lot. Gratitude would have to be a start.

"Thanks," she smiled.

Though many thoughts had  run through her head, only mere seconds had passed. Looking back up at her enemy, she saw Xern's fierce attack. Shadows ran before him, only to vanish as his weapon transformed.Icy swords fell from the sky, accompanied by the arrows fired by Ikara. They flew strait at the chains, obviously in attempt to sever them from their wielder. Xern himself, however, lunged directly at the man himself.

Good riddance
, she thought for a moment. She cursed herself inside for having such feelings. No matter what he had done, she knew she shouldn't wish death upon anyone. Her rage had cooled significantly at the surprise arrival of the two other fighters, and she began to think more clearly about the chain-wielder. She remembered his threats of course, but she suspected now that they were idle one's crafted to throw her off guard. Not a bad strategy, seeing the enraged state it had incited her to. Nevertheless, he had lowered his hands. Suddenly that was all she could think of, his scarred hand falling to his sides, his nonchalant smirk at the realization of defeat. In that sense he was innocent, and there was only one thing she could do for the the innocent. Protect...

Without any further thought, she lept over him landing between him and Xern's blade. There she planted her feet, arms stretched out at either side. She barely had time to summon her armor before the frozen weapon connected with her breastplate. The swings were rapid and powerful, filled with a sort of cold magic. Even with the strength Ikara had given her, she found standing against them difficult. For some reason  she had always been able to take much more damage when she was protecting someone. This was no exception. This, combined with Ikara's magic, saved her now from he full force of Xern's wrath. The ice, unable to penetrate further into her armor, began expanding around the scratches it had left.

"Stop it!"
she exclaimed, gritting her teeth at the effort of resisting the attack. "He lowered his hands! He was done, okay, so you don't have to kill him..."

Behind her she heard Ikara's voice, inquiring as to the enemy's purpose here. She was asking questions that Kyra would very much like the answers to herself. She knew why Hades had sent him after her, but who was he? Hollow one... she called him. What did that mean, hollow one...

Back to top Go down

Eno
Well, this is quite the predicament to be in. What was once an easy plan went up in flames, the arrival of these two individuals, Xern and the archer woman, being the reason behind the fire. At this point Eno is perfectly capable of fighting all three, were he to try and escape, though that doesn't mean he would win. It's more than likely his husk would meet his end here, and that in turn would force him back to the Underworld. Back to that dark, cavernous expanse filled to the brim with despair. Needless to say the ex-hand would love nothing more than to escape the fate that's been laid out before him. The reason being that his master would surely be angry at this turn of events.

For those who know Hades, they've come to find that his wrath could go hand in hand with that of an erupting volcano. Any and all trapped under that unbearable heat would surely be subject to pain unimaginable. Those that were lucky would only end up with the punishments Pain and Panic would receive. However, Eno has not been under the Dark God's servitude for as long as the imps. It's fair to say that while they would get torched, he might suffer a worse fate: imprisonment in Tartarus. The blue skinned overlord didn't have to say a thing for Eno to get the meaning behind his words.

“Hey, listen bub, I know this ain't your cup of tea, but you're mine. I was the one who plucked you from Tartarus. I could have let you walk,  for all of eternity, but I didn't. I chose to let you out, because I believe you to be useful. Do not disappoint me, Eno. Get this little girl's soul back for me and prove that my time wasn't wasted. Heh, trust me, you don't want to know what'll happen if you fail...”

Those cryptic words would cause the would-be kidnapper to sweat were he able. But, at least he wouldn't be going back with a sword in a private area. Eno barely registers the foreign object as it quickly retreats from his earth made shell. What Xern says immediately after however, has the husk's full attention.

Turning around to face the boy, shows a sight that admittedly intimidates him. Unlike Kyra, Eno has no information on Xern. So, as the latent magic gathered in his hands, and as he sheaths his sword, the servant tries to step back, only to end up realizing that Kyra is blocking any means of escape. With that woman hanging by the sidelines, her bow at the ready, it makes countering this attack, or any really, a near impossibility. If Eno brings his weapons forward to deal with Xern, Kyra can strike him down from behind. Any attempt on both at the same time would be met by arrows of ice by the third. Using his blades for defense would only result in him running out of magical power.

So, when Xern mentions being able to break his chains, Eno doesn't opt to counter that statement. Once the scythe is brought out into the open, Eno clenches his fists, ready for the blow to come. He is sure to keep his “eyes” on not only him, but the ice user on the far side.  If the trio plan on taking him down they'll have a hell of a time doing so if the servant has anything to say about it. In life he wasn't one to simply lie down and take what it gave him, why should the same hold up in the embrace of death?

So, as Xern transfers the magic from his hand to the saber, waiting in its sheath, and the scythe in his hands, Eno curls his bladed chains around his body prepared for his opponent's move. In all honesty, when the three shadow forms melded into existence around their caster, it did take the Dark Husk by surprise. More numbers meant a larger headache, and an even less chance for survival. Yet, as he charges, Kyra doesn't make a move. The archer is a different story.

Five arrows she fires from her bow, each intent on making Eno's body their destination. With Xern closing in simultaneously, Eno is forced to summon two more chains to join the three upon his back. Three of the five snake their way further from their host to meet the icy projectiles. A few quick flicks is all it takes to keep those deadly points from reaching their target. But, deflecting them comes at its own cost, the devilish ice magics left behind quickly set into the blades, their blue tinted embrace quickly consuming Eno's weapons and spreading throughout the wrought iron chains.

“Shit,” Eno cursed, as the affected chains shatter from the cold. Like glass they fall to the grass in tiny slivers. To take the very weights of Tartarus down with simple arrows of ice, this woman wasn't something to be trifled with. There's much more to Kyra's Savior than what she's able to show Eno through her spirit alone. Regardless her involvement only makes things harder for the ex-hand.

Having three down he only had two remaining to engage Xern with. Though there were dark based copies made to fight alongside the main one, the husk paid them little mind. They weren't the main threat. In spite of that however, as they closed in on him, Eno flinched. It was more out of instinct than fear, as he is ready to engage as necessary. Yet, the images began to wane, transforming themselves into six blades. They in turn are quickly reinforced by five blades of ice. Their resemblance to the arrows are uncanny. The magics representing the element being put out in such a raw, blatant display. The icy chill, the ever so slight wisps of vapor wafting off of the outlines, only solidifying Eno's suspicions.

Though, they might appear as solid, and potential threats to the normal individual, ones in the same position as Eno would find that six of the eleven swords being manipulated by Xern were nothing to fear. The majority of his summoned weapons were almost translucent in appearance, much like his shadow images were perceived. It was almost as though Eno were looking through curtains of silk made to look like swords rather than actual weapons. More illusions, what a joke.

But, there were still five very real ice blades to worry about, on top of the saber that Xern is brandishing rather than his scythe. Perhaps that weapon was supposed to be used in the same was as the illusions? As an intimidation factor and nothing more? He had no time to dwell on those thoughts, as the ice blades came his way. They seem to be going for his remaining weapons rather than the wielder himself. That particular job seems to belong to Xern. Not wanting to leave the boy with an easy target, the husk makes his move. With a flick of Eno's wrists, two bastard swords came sliding from the depths of his coat sleeves, smoothly gliding into his gloved hands.

But, the blow from the boy never comes. Instead, Kyra, the very girl he was fighting, jumps in front of Eno and takes the blow in his stead...

“What are you doing?! Didn't your friend JUST tell you to be more careful?!” Eno exclaims, thoroughly confused by her actions. In Kyra performing this action, she's put herself in a position to be struck down by the ice blades raining down from above. With instinct driving his actions, Eno turns his attention to the deadly icicles above them. The illusions, as Eno suspected, dissipate, leaving his four weapons to take on the weapons freely falling. A few quick flicks and the blades go to work cutting through the ice boy's swords. The first two are knocked away by the chained blades acting as extra limbs, while the remaining three are cut away by the blades in Eno's hands. Unlike Ikara's however, his control over the element is significantly weaker, leaving his weapons intact from the exchange.

Bringing his attention back to the front shows that perhaps the boy isn't much of an ally after all. Instead of holding back, he puts his power into Kyra, cutting into her. Lucky for the keyblade user though, she's brought back her armor, letting that handle Xern's unforgiving blade rather than her own body. That horrid sound to the ears as metal gave way to blades, it'd cause the husk to cringe were he not on edge from the ice user standing just behind him.

And that's when the spirit finally brings his attention onto her. Like Ikara, Eno didn't know what to think of her. Judging by what lies underneath her chalk-white outline, she's on a much higher tier than the others around. Kyra's soul spread throughout her torso, around as much as Eno's own soul does in this fake body. Xern's only crept around his heart, it's shape nothing more than an lightly flickering orb. It's fair to say however, that it wouldn't take much for it to expand just like the ex-hand's did when he made his way out of Tartarus.

Ikara's spread enough to completely fill her body, a master of her own being, or pretty close to it. Now THAT is intimidating. Judging by what Hades told him about Hercules, this woman's might may even surpass the demi-god's own might. The entire reason for Eno's existence outside of hell, and it might not even hold a candle to this girl. And not to mention the way the blue hued flames move. Despite being in the middle of a fight she's eerily calm, as though she'd performed her role in combat hundreds, perhaps even thousands of times before. Even looking upon the creature before her didn't make her flinch. Seeing the multiple scars around his lips, revealing small slivers of teeth, lines along his chin, cheeks, and neck didn't make her flinch despite being on display, yet plenty around him would voice their disgust.

Just who in the world is this woman...?

“Why are you after Kyra, anyway? What does the underworld want with her? And out of curiosity...” The archer trails, pausing for a moment. Seeing her tilt her head to the side gave Eno the urge to do the same. The first two questions were obviously the first that were going to be asked. Of course she'd want to know why Kyra is being targeted. The answer is quite simple. The ex-hand is poised to answer, but her final two questions threw him for a loop, leaving him momentarily speechless. Kyra's shouting becomes muffled as a result.

“Where are you in all of this, hollow one? Is this your choosing, to attack this girl?”

She knows? She knows?! But how, he was meticulous. It didn't matter if Kyra knew, she's dead just as he is. But for one among the living to have discovered the secret he tried to keep hidden, this definitely isn't good. The populace is to remain ignorant of the dead's movements, especially Eno's. That's why Hades had him practice acting like a living being with his fake body. Breathing, eating, drinking, all the things one would need to fool those still alive. Sadly, it looks like that's out of the window.

A few moments of silence pass as Eno racks his mind, trying to form the right words to say.

“First off,” the ex-hand starts, “Kyra is a soul that's managed to escape The Underworld. Hades wants her back more so for his damaged reputation than anything else. If he willingly let the dead wander he wouldn't care in the slightest, but that's not how it is.” He sighs, exasperated by what he's about to say, “what my master doesn't realize is that unless he beats Hercules nothing's gonna change.”

Before he continues, he dismisses his remaining blades, hoping to show that he has indeed backed down.

“Now, me personally,” the husk points to himself, “I don't care what Kyra does,” the ex- hand points his thumb back to her for emphasis. “It's none of my business, but what my master says goes. I owe him my life, were it not for him this pretty face of mine would be in a much worse state.” He smiles, hoping Ikara would pick up on the sarcasm, “so not only am I honor-bound, but I'm contract bound. A simple piece of paper imbued with the magics from the Sister's of Fate. Not exactly something that's possible to break, well, I can break it, but I'll go back to Tartarus.” Eno trails off, his smile fading. “And trust me, Hades won't pluck me from that damnable place twice. I will not spend another five years walking across that landscape, having to endure endless punishment, let alone for eternity.”

Before ending his small rant, he reaches up, undoing the blindfold keeping the upper portion hidden from the world. Upon removing it, the trio are able to see that the scars extend far past the lower portion of Eno's face. But, that isn't what would draw the most attention, it's when he opens his eyes. The hollow, blackened holes that lie where he they would be stare into Ikara's own.

“And even if I could escape on my own, Tartarus would be sure to take more than my eyes next time...”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
[[In real life, I would probably run for my fucking life if I saw that xD Hollowed out eyes scare me so much lol]]

Ikara sighed. Not a minute before was she done healing Kyra when she quickly ran back in, arms open to take the brunt of the damage, protecting her to-be captor no less. This seemed like it was going to be a more complicated request after all. Ikara was aware that the hollow would survive a blow such as that, the calm and focused expression on his scar-ridden face expressed that. The halfling assumed it wouldn't take much less than a beheading to stop what was an animated corpse of sorts. Thankfully, due to her armor she took minimal damage, save for what the ice swords could have done. What came next surprised the girl.

Eno protected her.

The ghost of a smile crossed her face. So his soul reveals itself... She thought to herself, watching the trio. The screeching of the metal on metal made the hair on Ikara's neck stand up, and her ears shifted backwards, pressing their selves on the top of her head. She's clearly impulsive. Ikara remembers when she used to be that way. She smiled lightly, before being distracted by Eno turning directly to her. His eyes were covered, but she could tell by his posture that he was placing his attention on her.

Her words must have touched a nerve because his scarred lips curled awkwardly as he stumbled to find an answer. She smirked, and tapped her nose. "I can smell the death on you. It smells just like a corpse. Is that your own body? Or is it a fabricated one?" She listened to his words with some understanding. If there's a reason that Hades himself wanted her, then Ikara was a little unsure on the intentions of checking up on her. Sapphire eyes turned to Kyra for a moment, looking at her in more detail. There's something special about her, that much was clear. It's not easy to escape the clutches of the Underworld, much less with your own body.

The husk didn't really care much for capturing her, even letting some sarcasm gloss his words in this tense of a situation for him. She liked his courage- or atleast lack of self preservation. It amused the wolfie. Her instincts urged her to help him, but her mind was blank as to how. If that wasn't his own body, bringing him back would prove next to impossible. What he did next though, even caused Ikara's trained nerves to sharpen. Her eyes squinted slightly, her tail flicking to release the tensed nerves that made her body want to scream.

Hollow eye sockets. Ikara's heart broke, much like the chain weapons she shattered. How could anyone, god or not, be so cruel to one human being, and why? What had he done to be chosen and forced to become this puppet of Hades?

Rage flooded Ikara, her ears twitching. From previously having only white tips on her ears, they now were completely white atop her head, the halfling's iceborn side using her emotions to come through. Her eyes shifted to a violet and became much more fierce before she calmed the transformation. Her tail bristled and shifted around behind her as she growled softly, trying to control the change from completing itself.

"How could you let someone do that to you? It's despicable to be forced into a situation like that. Do you know any way out of it? If you can find that all out, in exchange I will help you be free, as long as you agree to let Kyra go free." Ikara proposed wildly, flashing her fangs. Ikara sheathed her daggers, no longer worried about any attack from the hollow. She was still light on her toes, her nerves now teeming with the anger she felt.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Nero~
As he attacked the last thing he would have thought was that The girl would jump in front of the saber. Why would she protect her attacker? Then as the blade neared her, the chains deflected the saber. Why would the one who was fighting her try to protect her? Then he heard what he said.
"So that's the reason, is it? The Lord of the dead has power over you? Now, that is a problem. So what are you going to do? You where tasked to bring her back. But Jades will never keep him promise, or he will dispose of his pawn when he find that you have finally finished your service. You will always be sent to the pit, no matter the outcome. Unless Hades is killed. Wouldn't that be a great thing? Or at least forced to give up your soul." Xern says as he jumps back sheathing his saber."How about I make a deal? If you get your soul back with out Kara being taken, and given away, I could possibly make a replica of your original form, though out of ice, but a identical match. It is possible, and I could make a replica, so it is your choice. If you decide to take Kara, I would rather die, then have her taken." Xern says, eyeing the husk down, or starting into the empty eye sockets at least.

After he did the little speech, he stretched, a smile forming in the corner of his mouth. The fool, thought hades a truthful fiend. How foolish. Everyone knows that he will never stay true. Xern walked off, to grab a shard of ice, he left behind while on the move. With the ice in his hand he quickly re absorbed the mana inside it, makeing his power replenish.

Back to top Go down

Kourage
Kyra cringed slightly as the screeching of metal reached her ears. It was an awful sound, so loud that it nearly drowned out her rival's exclamation. Ice magic spread across her chestplate, obviously channeledd through Xern's blade. It was quite a powerful blow. Thankfully, the light magic infused in her armor was equally strong, and she came out of the collision relatively unscathed. As she had hoped, Xern had no intention of hurting her. He stood down almost immediately after the first blow. Once the screeching had stopped, her brain found the time to register the words being shouted from behind her.

"What are you doing?!? Didn't your friend JUST tell you to be more careful?"

What she was doing was obvious. She was protecting him. Still, Kyra had been interacting with people long enough to know that the phrase "What are you doing?" had two meanings. One of these was the literal "What action do you happen to be performing at this moment?" usually used when approaching a friend and voiced out of genuine curiosity. The other definition, the one he appeared to be using now, was more along the lines of "I know exactly what you are doing right now but any possible motivation for it eludes me completely!"

Of course he wouldn't understand her actions. Why should he? She barely understood them herself. Even to her it seemed strange to defend the person who was attempting to end her life only moments before. Her motivation in the battle was different however. She didn't want him dead, and in the end she supposed he was just like any other person. Protecting people was what she did. So long as he wasn't actively trying to hurt anyone, she had nothing against him. He had just as much right to live as she did. He was right about what Ikara had said though. Sorry Ikara... she thought. I suppose what I just did doesn't really qualify as careful...

Surprisingly, the man returned the favor. While Xern had ceased his attack, the ice swords he had summoned were still falling down from the sky above them. Apparently she had managed to leap directly into their path. Kyra noticed their descent, her own blade materializing in her hand. She raised it up to block the oncoming attack, but the swords never came near her. Instead, they were knocked out of the sky by their original targets, the chains. Her eyes widened as one of the swords planted itself in the ground next to where she stood. Why would he protect her? He did want her dead, didn't he? Confused, she turned to face him.

She stood silently as Ikara questioned her enemy. So it was not by choice that he had come to eliminate her, that was no surprise. Hades didn't seem like the type to have people do things by choice. Kyra generally made it a point not to hate anyone, but the more she learned about the god of the dead, the closer he came to becoming an exception. Hades really only wanted her back to prove his own point. He doesn't let the dead walk free.

Ikara had called the man "hollow one." So the darkness surrounding him was some sort of shell? Come to think of it, she hadn't seen him breathe during their fight, And when she had cut him no blood had spilled from the wounds, only what looked like sand...

Human beings are often selfish creatures, and try as she might to change, Kyra was no exception. As the man spoke of his purpose here, she thought of herself. She looked down at her own hands, letting her blade dematerialize. Slowly, she turned her hand back and forth, staring at it intently. No doubt, it was flesh. Real, human flesh, no different than it had been before she entered that awful place. She breathed in deeply, truly appreciating the action for the first time. She hadn't really stopped to think about it but she was dead. She must have been. So how...? Though the wound was gone, she distinctly remembered the blood that had flowed from her leg only moments before. Did dead people bleed? Kyra bled, she breathed, she sweated... why? Realizing it now she felt even more alive than ever. She even raised her hand to her chest to check for a heartbeat before remembering that she was still clad in armor. She shook her head. Those questions would have to wait.

She turned her attention back to the man as he spoke of his contract with Hades, of Tartarus and the tortures he had been put through. Kyra remembered Tartarus. She hadn't been sent there, and every day she was thankful for that, but she had heard the tales of the terrible punishments inflicted on its inhabitants. That would explain the many scars that lined his body. Then he removed the blindfold.

She wanted to look away, but she couldn't. It was just so terribly sad. Any anger she had harbored was gone, erased by the compassion that flooded through her heart. As she stared at his uncovered face, she suddenly realized exactly what the man was saying. If she didn't go back, he would have to. This might be his one chance of escaping whatever had happened to him there.

Still, she couldn't go back there. Not after what both Ikara and Xern had said. Both were willing to help, but only on the condition that Kyra was set free. She couldn't let them down like that. She thought for a moment about healing him, but she wasn't sure what effect it would have. The husk appeared to be made of darkness, so sending light magic through it could quite possibly make things worse.

"I'm sorry..." she spoke, still staring into where the man's eyes should have been. She let her armor vanish, stepping toward him. "I'm sorry my escape has caused you so much trouble. I never wanted anyone to get hurt... Please, if there's anything I can do... let me help you."

Back to top Go down

Eno
Eno keeps his attention on the keyblade wielder as she speaks. Though, once what she had to say left her lips, it took the husk a few moments to register the lightbringer's words. To make certain of it, the ex-hand even went so far as to gaze into the burning white light undulating within. Its flickering held no sharp movements, no sporadic tendencies, nothing but a calm, gentle flame. It's a hard thing to believe, the girl of light he was sent here to capture is showing him compassion. As though they weren't at each other's throats five minutes ago. How can someone capable of fighting have that sort of innocence, or mercy for that matter? Especially towards a mangled mess like Eno?

That thought, along with the words Ikara and Xern brought to add to it, was more than enough to send him into a fit of bass-laced laughter. The others stand in silence as he does so, more than likely out of shock from the ex-hand's reaction. But, who could blame the servant for acting like this? To a man of his background this is far too odd to be true. Yet, all three share the same traits. No irregular spasms in their flames.

Seeing that it truly is no joke his jovial attitude only lasts an instant though before he shakes his head, instead bringing his gaze to the ground.

“Eno,” a sharp, sudden voice rings in the back of the servant's mind, causing his shoulders to tense. “how's the capture going, do you have her on the ropes?” The last person he'd want to hear, Hades, has sought him out. It doesn't sound like he's become impatient, nor angry, just curious. It's better not to keep the lord waiting.

“Master, there have been some,” Eno pauses for a second, trying to find the right words, “minor complications.” Even in his own head, he has to try and keep his voice level, without any irregularities. That man, who's conned more souls than the husk is able to count, can easily pick up on distress.

“Oh, like what? It's not something  you can't handle, right?” A moment's silence, for the husk to collect his words for a response appears to be far too long for the impatient god, “ya know, if it's too much I can send back-up.”

If there were blood moving in that pathetic excuse of a body, it'd have froze in its very veins. Undead, running amok, would do more than assist Eno, they'd turn their attention towards the town next. Indiscriminately, they'd cut, bite, and claw any and all unlucky enough to cross their paths. Men, women, children, it wouldn't matter to them. Their only goal would be to assist their master, and in order to do that they will do what they can to keep the river Styx flowing. Hades wouldn't think of the consequences of his actions, he'd let those abominations do as they please until they grew bored. In fact, he may keep them going indefinitely, their minds all but completely engrossed by his will. Slaves forced to continue ravaging the land until their bodies give out, and their souls return from whence they came..

The last thing Eno wished on these people, would be for their lives to end because he couldn't follow through with his mission. They don't deserve to suffer such a horrible fate. They've done nothing to even prompt an invasion from The Underworld. And Eno is fully aware of what Hades will do with those new souls.

In life Eno had put many to the blade, and in death he wished to avoid that. Knowing full well what will happen, the husk's response is almost immediate.

“No, there's no need to go that far. I can handle the problem. It's just two others. You and Tartarus have granted me enough power to get this little chore done. You will have your soul in due time.” The following chuckle helps to put the ex-hand at ease. The weapon master has Hades' trust due to their first meeting, he wouldn't use his eyes or ears to listen in on what was happening. He had full confidence his pawn could get the work done, and that's something Eno intends on using to his advantage.

“Now that's what I like to hear. Try not to play with them too long, Eno. And by the way, I'm sure you remember what will happen should you fail?” Its then, and only then does the dark master's voice take a sinister, foreboding turn.

“Of course, master.” Comes Eno's court reply.

“Good, do not disappoint me.” With that said, Hades' influence retreats from the ex-hand's consciousness. Thankfully, the back and forth passes quickly, leaving little time to have passed among the four in front of the dilapidated mansion.

“You, help me?” Eno asks, looking up, “you have no idea. None at all.” Before he continues, his smile drops from his face, the memories of those expansive caves coming back. Nothing more than a giant prison to keep him away.

“None of you can do anything. I can't be free unless he decides to let me go. And from what he's told me, I'm going to be useful to him for a long, long time.” Eno begins to back away now, giving himself some room from the otherwise suffocating amount of souls. To the kidnapper, they feel like they're closing in on him, as though to embrace his shell, to bring Eno over to their own side. Poor fools, they have no idea what kind of person they are reaching out to.

“And do you three have any idea who I am, or what I've done? You don't end up as Hades' minion for nothing. He doesn't go to where the righteous die for recruits. Tartarus isn't for them. Think for a minute, just how extensive were my sins to land me in that hellish landscape? Do you know, Kyra?” Eno points to her, then to the others in attendance as he speaks, “do you, Xern? What about you, Archer?”

The would-be kidnapper places both hands behind his back, and as he does, his magic goes to work. The same shimmering pools that have signaled their summoning countless times before, emerge on Eno's back. Soon, the chains slink from their little portals. Two, then four, then six, all using the husk as their focal point. He's sure they can see his weapons by now, their size and shape have already began to twist and warp, forming the blades he'll use to make them fight. He already knows how large of a disadvantage he's at, but to go against Hades would be a far worse punishment to endure.

It pain's him to do this, to have to lash out at those extending their hands, he could even say it's nostalgic. His friends, from so many decades ago, doing virtually the same. Each of them extending their own hands, giving him their own promises should he leave the service of the Obsidian Tyrant. Every single time they did he would cut them away, ignoring their pleas for their friend to return to their side. Though these three are complete strangers to him, the feelings of long ago begin to surface regardless. A dull ache, one of the very few things his body will allow him to feel wells within his breast. More possibilities cleaved in two before they had a chance to blossom into something meaningful.

Oh well...

All six blades on chains are completely visible now, the claymores growing exponentially in height and width. A small bit of strategy on his part. The larger the objects are, the harder it'll be for those three to send projectiles his way. The sheer size alone should be more than enough to make them close in, seeing as how their arrows, and ice swords, can't penetrate, forcing them into his zone. He may be scraping at the barrel here to make them as big as he is, but he's sure to save just enough for two more weapons. If the undead spirit is going down, he'll fight them using the combination he's gained intimate knowledge of in life.

They're nearly twice Eno's size now, both in width and height, and yet still they continue to grow. Magnificent, if a bit crude, but it'll end things quickly. As he begins to speak, the chains curl around in front of him, the oversized tips pointed at his foes.

“I already know the answer: no. No you wouldn't. So keep your apologizes, Kyra. Do not waste your magic, Xern. And as for you,” Eno brings his eyeless gaze back to the wolf-girl. “I didn't let anyone do this to me.”

“I tore them out with my bare hands!” Eno shouts, his blades rushing forward to meet them. Each of them would get a pair sent their way, the four sent towards Xern and Kyra would connect within seconds should they be unable to react in time. Ikara, however, due to being a bit further back would have a little more time before the two coming her way would hit.

The two heading for Xern were heading straight towards him, one making his torso the target, the other his legs. If anything, moving towards Eno would do nothing more than seal his fate. He'll be forced to find another means of counter attacking. The pair making their way towards Kyra, however, are low, as though Eno were aiming for her shins. However, the blind man is expecting her to jump, so before they get too close he'll suddenly change their trajectory, forcing the claymores up at an angle towards her chest rather than her shins. As for Ikara, he had the ones targeting her travel in a horizontal line, the one to her right slightly behind the one to her left. Should she move right to avoid the first the second will most definitely connect, and should she move left to avoid both there's no telling that her entire body may escape a punishing blow.

But, while the ones aiming for Kyra and Xern are turned horizontally, the ones moving for Ikara are vertical. Whether that will mean anything or not depends on them and their actions...

A frontal assault would be worthless should they try, what with the main path to the husk being completely encompassed by blades. Though they may look intimidating, they are not weapons the weapon manipulator has ANY experience with. That lack of knowledge comes with an incredible price, feeble tools of destruction.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Nero~
Xern eyes widening, as the husk said what he said. Why did this ignorant fool dare ask if he knew her. He didn't need to know her to be friends. As he sent the Blades at a The group Xern held out his hand, his eyes starting to glow as he unleashed a wave of Ice magic. The ice magic went for everything in its radius, which is a cone that reached up to 50 meters and 20 meters wide. The ice would encase everything it hit, though it was only a small shell for the comrades of his, Jace focus on protecting the girls at the cost of anything, allowing the two weapons to hit him, the one aimed at his torso lodge ing it self right above his abdomen, the other hitting his Legs, lodge ing it self in his thigh. The chains though that where going to Ikara and Kara whould be encased with a shattering spell, which would shatter the blades and chains, making only dust and shrapnel appear, though going at half the speed. The ones that surrounded Eno would not shatter but grow and start forming spikes towards the husk. TGIF these are to continue to gro and even touch Eno, his Husk like body would be paralyzed. Or at least slowed.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
[[Interesting spell Xern, not completely sure how it works, and I don't think you would have the capability to wipe out his entire attack like that. I'll let him decide that though.]]

Eno's reaction brought a smirk to Ikara's face. She wasn't sure if he was laughing because of the situation he was in and nervous, or if he thought something they said was funny. She watched as his expression fell blank, like his mind drifted off for the moment. His laugh fell silent and the female's ears perked, trying to hear what he was. Nothing caught her attention and she contemplated taking him down at that moment. It seemed a little unfair to her, and she rocked onto her heels in response to her instincts. A small voice in her head was eluding her to the idea that he may not just stand down so easily. If what he was saying was true, there was little wiggle room for him to just give up so easily on his mission. His expression changed once more before his lips began to move, the smile fading on his face.

...you have no idea. None at all.

That irritated Ikara, she already was aware that she had no idea. That would be his part of the deal, to figure that out. She huffed at his words, and his lack of his own will for freedom. She understood the loyalty to a degree, but it was to the point where it was blind (no pun intended). He hopped away from them to give himself space, Ikara's sapphire eyes following his every move, much like a hawk would.

"I don't care what you did. You clearly had your punishment for it, I can see the clearly all over your body. Do you feel you deserve to be punished for an eternity? It's not like that would change anything. It's not like the crimes you committed and the lives you stole will just come back because you condemned yourself. That's the same as doing nothing. It's worthless. If you feel this is the way to repent, you are sorely mistaken. It just puts you back into the same hellish place you have been. If you think Hades will ever clear you of your chains and your suffering, then you are the fool here. Wake up, hollow. You are bringing this upon yourself. Same as you had before. I'm giving you a second chance to make up for whatever horrible mistakes you had done before, but you and I are both aware it will not be easy. What do you fear more?"

Ikara noticed as his hands slipped behind his back. Preemptively, Ikara let ice spread from her bare feet to cover the ground beneath her. The arrows that were littered across the field melted away similarly, forming puddles of mirror-like ice. She wasn't sure who would be his first target, and logically, Ikara didn't feel like he would even attempt to strike her. Most would be apprehensive to even consider harming the halfling.  Her fingers curled around the hilts of her daggers, their icy grip gripping and regripping as she watched the husk. She knew she couldn't force him to turn against the one who "saved" him from the hell he was in before, but his position honestly wasn't a whole lot better.

As if from thin air, small blades twisted into being and grew. The female could count out six of them. Like the chains protruding from his back, they all seemed to be of the same material, which seemed to be fairly weak to her ice magic. She could fairly easily remove them, but decided to save her energy for more critical times. He spoke once more, and turned to Ikara, his eyeless gaze meeting hers. Xern was the first to actually move from his position, the anger clearly written on his face. Eno's words touched a nerve and he wasn't going to stand for it. Just as his face changed, Eno sent out the now very large blades at a quick pace, two for each attacker while he yelled about his self-mutilation. Snapping her fingers, a thick block of glossy ice shot up directly in front of Kyra, the soft layer of snow acting as its base. Even if the weapons were to angle upwards, the ice was thick enough to atleast send them off course. A light chuckle escaped Ikara's lips at his bravery. It was similar to that of a cornered animal, attacking anyone in the area, hostile or not. Her eyes flashed brilliantly as she activated her more potent magic, Ikara's body now falling through the mirror of ice below her like it was an open gate into another world. The blades flew over her and she watched from her gates as ice swept across the field, encasing everything in a light coat of frost. Once the ice passed where she was hiding, a misty form slipped out of the portal located on the tree, her body materializing and dropped onto the ground below behind Eno a decent distance. She observed the chains quietly, their defensive stance making it hard for anyone to attack him upfront without also being struck.

She turned her focus at a thumping sound, Xern being struck by the weapons as if he didn't even attempt to dodge. By the size of the weapon, Ikara wouldn't be surprised if he would be dead within a few seconds. His abdominal wall was definitely severed, along with most of his organs. As a professional healer, she assumed he had a couple minutes at most before he bled out, and even fewer before his body went into shock. The one that struck his thighs undoubtedly will place him out of this fight and he is even luckier if it didn't sever his femoral artery. Only a god could continue after blows like that. She sighed. This is becoming more troublesome than I would like. If these two keep self sacrificing, I don't see my reasoning in helping much. It's a waste of my magic to heal people who willingly take damage. Sitting back, Ikara returned to coiling her fingers around her daggers and taking a defensive stance, observing the action before she would decide to make her move. The wolfie was aware that there was no time and she doubted she had enough energy to completely stop the bleeding, much less get him back into any position to fight. It was easy to count him out of this one, which would probably put Kyra out as well, knowing she will probably do anything to save him from his own carelessness. This fight looked more and more hopeless by the second.

Softly, Ikara crossed the vaguely snowy ground behind Eno, but was careful to stay just out of immediate range of his chains. She moved between him and the Lightbringer, her snowy white tail wavering gently behind her. Now that the earth was coated in a thin layer of frost, Ikara easily had the advantage both offensively and defensively. Curling her toes she observed his chains as they unconsciously reared their fang-like points at her. A shadow of a smile crossed her pale lips, halfling eyes flashing brilliantly under her ebony bangs.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Kourage
The man laughed. It was a low, slightly intimidating sound, and seemed a very strange response to the situation. Kyra was unsure of it's meaning. She paused for a moment, listening as his laughter rang through the surrounding trees. It did not last for long though. The man froze, pausing as if lost in deep thought.

As he stood, she slowly lowered her outstretched hand. There was no point in standing there absolutely still. She watched him closely, trying to think of something, anything she could do to help. When he came back to his senses he looked up at her. The hollow sockets where his eyes should have been still  sent chills running down her spine. She averted her eyes as the spiteful interrogation begun.

Of course she didn't know him, nor what he had done to land himself in Tartarus. It had to be pretty bad to merit eternal torture. In the end though, what did it matter? Kyra nodded as Ikara gave her speech. Maybe she didn't know what he had done back then, but she knew what he had done only moments before. The fact that he defended her did not escape her attention. It was clear that his attacks were not driven by malice, but by fear. Understandably, he didn't want to spend all eternity in what could literally be described as hell. Someone who would help a person he had been trying to kill, even at the momentary risk of his own safety... that sort of person was not the kind who would kill innocents. She was absolutely convinced now that his threats had been nothing more than bluffs. Whoever he had been, whatever he had done, right now he was a victim- a victim of torture and fear. Right now he was the kind of person who would move to defend his enemy.

She watched with sadness as the man stepped back, swords twice the size of him stemming from his chains. It was obvious that he meant to attack again. She couldn't really blame him. After all, Hades wouldn't be particularly pleased if his servant returned without his prey. She dreaded to even imagine the horrors he would face if he lost here. She desperately wanted to help, but there was nothing she could do. She couldn't return to the Underworld while she was needed in this world. Grasping the locket around her neck, she began once more to give off light. There was a reason she was still alive (or at least close to it), there just had to be. She couldn't waste her second chance at life. Especially not when so many people were fighting to ensure that she kept it.

Once again she summoned her blade to her side, preparing to block the oncoming attack. She looked at her foe with no contempt or anger, only pity. More than anything, she wished she could spare him the pain that was certain to come. "I'm sorry..." she whispered, and she meant it. The husk had instructed her to keep her apologies, but she still felt she owed him one. In the end, one of them would end up facing the wrath of Hades, and at this point she couldn't let it be her.

The chains shot forward, their blades coming ever closer. Thee man spoke again, proclaiming that he had torn out his own eyes, a statement which only added to Kyra's pity. What would drive a man to do such a thing? There was no time left to think of that now. The gigantic swords came rushing at her legs.

As she prepared to leap out of the way, the world around her suddenly went cold again.  Waves of ice magic shot out from Xern, the rage apparent in his face. Ikara vanished for a moment, but Kyra did not have the time to watch how this played out. Thin sheets of ice moved up to block the blades moving in Kyra's direction, but Xern remained unprotected. Fourteen-foot swords flew strait at him, and it looked as though he had no intention of moving. Kyra moved past the ones coming at her legs. She assumed that they would turn to follow her, but for now the ice had slowed them enough for her to get by. She jumped up into the air, landing between the two blades aimed for Xern. As she landed, she threw her Keyblade out in front of her, spinning toward the now-exposed chest of the enemy.

Whether he could bring the other chains around to block it in time she did not know, but assaulting him was not her main purpose. She stood quickly while the swords moved beside her. Reaching out with both hands, one at each side, she grasped the chains at what would be the hilt of the swords had they been wielded by hand. Clenching her fists tightly around the weapons, she pulled back against them. She could not hope to halt their progression, but perhaps she could slow it enough to prevent the imminent impaling of her comrade. The blades continued to push back as she pulled against them. While her armor provided her with some weight with which to balance, his strength was greater than hers without her rage. As the movement came to a stop, she turned for a second to see what has become of Xern. While the weapons had struck him, her efforts appeared to have payed off. He was still breathing.

How badly hurt he was, she did not know. She would have to assess the damages after the battle. Hopefully she would be able to heal him then. As for right now, the rest of the chains were still likely to come in for another attack.  Ikara reappeared being the husk, moving over beside Kyra, in front of the place she had been standing a few moments before. She had a calmness about her that Kyra found comforting. Being a rather hotblooded fighter herself, she realized the advantages of having someone less... rash by her side. She dropped the chain in her right hand, holing it out to catch the Keyblade as it flew back to her.

Back to top Go down

Xess
(Xern here, skip me cause I might not actually be alive anymore for the time being. After this conflict I might be back but, INTILL then good lucks.----Disappears with ghost noises)

Back to top Go down

Eno
(After the incredibly long wait it's finally ready!)

Ikara's words at that moment meant little to the husk. He was aware that his own punishment would not undo his actions. But, in Eno's mind, the restless spirits of his victims would at least get some peace in knowing the Tyrant's Second had fallen in battle. Though, the ones he was close to in life are another matter entirely. They're above the unknowns he was made to slaughter. Losing them was a wound that cut deeper than any blade.

When faced with the harshness of Tartarus, Hades' Servant did want to be redeemed on his own terms, believing that if he could escape and meet with his friends again he could at least be pardoned for his actions he'd done unto them. It's what drove him forward, to endure nearly anything and everything it could throw his way. Sadly, prolonged exposure to the reality of his situation made him realize that was a fool's errand. Just like thinking of going against Hades. Did this ice-born believe Eno could just point his blades on his master, or that if he were to wait for the proper moment to strike the ex-hand would be at an advantage? What sort of second chances could someone, who doesn't understand his position, offer an undead spirit like Eno? And as far as fear was concerned, there was none. Other than the punishment for failure. The weapon master would not be trapped with those monsters again.

Ikara was right about one thing, it was that his body has suffered enough. And in order to keep the chance of further injuries at bay, he'd use everything at his disposal. The Dark God's wrath is great, as far as what Pain and Panic have told him. Just thinking about the possibilities now is enough to cause his hands to shake with fear. It didn't matter how nice he seemed, there was something beneath that smile, something dark and sinister. You'd be a fool not to notice it.

Even with those thoughts in the back of his mind, the husk begins his attack, while his opponents act in kind. Judging by the varying distance between the three, it looks as though the ex-hand's blades would reach Xern first. The poor boy isn't even trying to move away from what may be his imminent death. The chilling atmosphere being created by his magic, along with the ice blue aura surrounding him, meant little to the servant. The boy's power wouldn't be enough to stop his blades, at least that's what Eno thought...

The husk barely had time to register it. The magic coming from the boy, along with Kyra's sudden intervention, taking him completely by surprise. From his open palm came the chilling ice magics, while Kyra's Keyblade follows immediately after. Xern's ability starts from the center of his hand, then rapidly expands the further it leaves him. Even the circumference of this power completely encompasses Eno's giant swords as they come close to connecting. Almost immediately they began to slow down, the grey appearance quickly darkening with the blues surrounding it. From there Kyra is able to grab them and make it even harder for the husk to land a blow.

Did he really underestimate this young man to such an extent? No, there's no way, his spirit doesn't radiate with the same power as the others in his company. Yet, here he is, nearly stopping Eno's attack with his own. But, it seems as though luck would play out in the servant's favor. Xern was aiming for the other blades, the ones heading for him only coincidentally getting caught in the ever expanding area. They still had enough speed to penetrate, and even with Kyra's strength they do. Xern prioritized the safety of his comrades over himself, and because of that he was punished. One buried itself in between the chest and abdomen, and another in his thigh. Though it was a minor victory, Eno has no time to appreciate it, as Xern's ice continues to grow at an astonishing rate, forcing the undead spirit to give it his all to avoid it. Even the chains of his other weapons are consumed by the ice child's might. An amazing feat indeed.

This element is incredible, able to perform many feats through just simply being conjured. The temperature near this particular attack drops to such an extent that the ice began to travel along the chains, no matter how much of them were consumed. Seeing the metal begin to crack under the pressure caused the would-be assassin to panic. Forcing him to disconnect the ending points from the space portals in his back, lest he ends up frozen like them. As Eno moves towards the mansion gate, he watches, his shock being suppressed by a disinterested frown, as his weapons are left nearly useless through a single individual's actions.

While keeping his eyes on Xern and Kyra, the husk moves back towards the left wall of the mansion's gate, believing that if he managed to get over to the other side he could save himself the punishing ability. However, that wouldn't come to pass. He feels it in the tips of his fingers and toes, a chill so intense that it burns his skin despite the clothing. After going so many hours barely registering temperature change, to have magic affect him so severely is a rude awakening. It only gets worse as his limbs fall victim to the same fate.

Were he a human, with actual body heat, combined with his resistance, the ex-hand is certain he would have been able to endure this. While it is quite cold, it wouldn't be enough to freeze him like the metal sent their way. But, because his husk is made of a combination of earth and darkness, its effects are enough to have a significant effect. He shivers as the magic consumes his form, and soon his limbs slow in turn. If he didn't have the resistances in place, he would have definitely been covered in ice, instead his  extremities lock up, keeping him in place. Were it not for him moving, the keyblade would have finished him off then and there. Instead, it flies past him, then back to its master's grip.

Eno may have escaped death for this moment, but there's still an issue that's arisen: where is Ikara? She disappeared beneath the surface of a circular pool of what appeared to be water, that much Eno was able to pick up, but with the other two attacking him head on he didn't have time to take in his surroundings. At any point she can come in and finish the job if she so chooses. Knowing this he grits his teeth, then starts to struggle against the frost keeping his shell in place. While the ex-hand did this, his limited sight scanned the field of battle around him, trying to find where the wolf girl could have gone off to. If he were able to move his neck, he'd definitely find that she was much closer than he'd like, uncomfortably so. The ice born wasn't to his left, nor to his right, a quick scan of the forest ahead didn't show any sign of life other than woodland animals so where could she...

“Sh-she's right b-behind me isn't she?” Eno asks through chattering teeth. He may have put himself in between the duo and the mansion's gate, but that didn't mean his back was against the wall. There is still plenty of space for her to slink right on over...

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Rather than slyly attacking him from behind considering the odds were already against him, Ikara moved into his field of fabricated vision, just far enough that his chains could not reach her. She wore a chilling smile, her eyes vibrant and her aura somewhat wild like that of a caged animal. She was well aware of her advantages, and his landsliding disadvantages with the frost already numbing his skin and shaking his body. "Don't worry, I won't be a cheap fighter. It's already not in your favor as it stands. I will ask you now. Turn away and leave Kyra be, or I will make your pain much worse than that of Hades. Which do you fear more? The flame of a God? Or the frostbite of an Iceborn? Take your pick hollow. My offer from earlier still stands, but if you harm another one of my team mates, I will make the decision for you."

A wolfish chuckle escaped her throat as she lifted her fingers and grinning widely. With noises like broken glass and fracturing glaciers, pillars of ice rose among the battlefield, splintering their way waist-high and all pointing in the direction of Eno with their tips sharp enough to easily impale someone who made the wrong move. Behind him the frost shattered into spears of ice that barricaded the mansion wall like it was a war-ravaged fort. There was little chance of easy escape, much less from her fleet of foot speed and her wolf sense of smell.

[[Sorry it's kind of short, I'm a little unsure of how we are planning this to turn out. xD I also left it blank about Xern cause his post left little indication of what kind of condition he is really in. x.x]]

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Xess
[ingore this]

Last edited by Xess on January 17th 2015, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
[[Xern, Xess, whatever, you don't have an ability named Ice Reincarnate, or a Blizzard ability that i could find to do this. Also your sheet says you are level 1. There is no way you could have an ability that does anything close to this blizzard, much less bring you back to health. Please figure that out, and please use the correct account for the RPs, it's confusing and quite irritating. If you have multiple account (which I don't think anyone should) at least have the courtesy to use the right one for the RP. You also cannot cure something like that, and will not be able to wake up. I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna tolerate god modding anymore than anyone else in this topic. Figure your shit out please.]]

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Kourage
Kyra dropped the frozen chains as the blade returned to her hand. She desperately wanted to turn around, to make sure Xern was okay. Yet she kept her eyes locked on the husk of darkness before her. This was of course the proper focus for being currently engaged in battle, but this was not the true reason she refrained from glancing back. The truth was, she was scared of what she might see.

She had been holding the blades as they entered his body, and she had felt them penetrate his icy form. There was nothing she could do. Some protector I am... she thought bitterly. Kyra Lightbringer, defender of the innocent, hadn't even been able to defend herself. These two, each apparently stronger than her, had come to her aid. Without them, her own rage would have driven her to a second death. Inside, she cursed herself for being so weak. The fact was that the only person she had saved today was the one who was trying to kill her- the one that had gone on to hurt her friend. And she had stood there, incapable of helping.

Dark thoughts of self-loathing filled her mind. Why can't I do anything? How weak could I possibly be? Why am I even still here...? As these questions rang in her head, she suddenly felt even weaker. She hated this feeling, this helplessness. She could feel it gnawing away at her from the inside. It felt like... darkness.  What use was she now? Why had she even left the Underworld?

Snap out of it! A voice in her head screamed. The fact was, she had escaped. This was her second chance at life, and there was no way she was about to waste it moping about her own inability.  The weakness was there, but that could change. She could change it. Of course, she'd have too get out of this alive first.

Keyblade in hand, she stared at the enemy. She wished she could save him too. The self-loathing that had filled her turned once more to pity.  She desperately wanted him to accept Ikara's offer, but she doubted it would be so. She knew how intimidating the god of death could be. While she mocked him and brushed off his second-hand threats, she knew the kind of power he possessed. So it was without much hope that she awaited his response.

Back to top Go down

Eno
Well, this is it. The Ex-Hand didn't have to see it to realize his only means of escape is sealed away. He'd have to leap, then scale that wall of ice spears in order to have any hopes of getting across, but judging by what the husk is going against, it'd be fair to say that wouldn't be a good idea. With no means to get away, and with those ice spires pointing his way from all angles, that small list of options only shrank. Another strategy came to Eno, one involving him taking the wolf girl by surprise, then following up with what little stamina he had left. However, there was little hope that he could remain on even footing with the ice-born. In fact, she'd probably see a cheap shot coming. It's obvious her abilities eclipse his own, it'd be nothing more than a waste of time. But, perhaps it'd be better to go down swinging, then allowing them to strike the final blow.

If there's anything positive the husk can acknowledge at this point, it's that its just the archer. Beyond the spiritual outline of the wolf-girl reveals the damage he has done. Eno's blades managed to strike true despite the odds against them. Xern is down for the count, and his spirit is quickly fading. The rate in which is life is leaking from him he'd only last a few more seconds, if Kyra could somehow manage to heal Xern she could possibly save his life, but from what Hades informed him of the Lightbringer's power, she'd only be aiding her captor. The wounds that have put an end to the ice-child would in turn end Kyra, and heavens forbid the magic puts Xern into a state of shock, killing him anyway.

And as far as the keyblade warrior is concerned, she's in a state of disbelief, or could it be shock? Either way, despite the overwhelming presence of light, bit of darkness have succeeded in making their way into her heart. It constricts her very being like a snake suffocating its prey. The grip only becomes tighter as the seconds pass.

Kyra fancied herself a protector, that's what The Dark God told The Ex-Hand. It was the reason she died in the first place. Could it be regret that she's feeling, for failing to protect Xern, or could it be she's doubting her own abilities? After all, were it not for their intervention, Eno would have taken her by surprise, and dragged her back to The Underworld. Either way, having darkness be born into her heart could count as a small victory. Should more come after her, and if more allies end up hurt, the dark will only grow. Soon it will consume her light, and when that happens, Kyra might find that she'll go back to Hades of her own free will.

After all, why continue to put innocent people in harm's way? Her friends may want her free, however, Eno is certain Kyra would gladly give up that freedom to protect others. Funny enough, that's a sentiment even Eno could get behind. He did something quite similar when he betrayed his first master. The husk fought tooth and nail to free his nation, and because of that he's where he's at now. The only two regrets he has, is that he didn't do it sooner, and that since he didn't, he ended up in hell, then as a minion to another master.

And now, there's only a single thing he can do: accept the inevitable loss. Hades, will not share the same sentiment...

“Heh heh heh heh,” Eno chuckles, smiling from Ikara's prideful, and threatening words. “You think can intimidate me? You have no idea what that monster is capable of, or what he has at his disposal,” he shakes his head as he speaks, “of all the trillions of creatures in the Underworld he could have sent, he sent me and me alone.” The longer this continues, the easier it is for his limbs to move. Whether its his natural resistance to magic, or if its a result of this false body, remains to be answered. Regardless, it won't be too long before he can end this on his own terms.

“At any point he can flood this world with undead, or demons, or whatever met his fancy. It doesn't matter how strong you are, the sheer numbers, and the fact he can just add the ones killed to his undead horde, makes you inconsequential.” It's still a labor, but with shaking hands he curls his fingers tightly, the sickening sound of ice cracking fills their ears, yet no parts of him breaks off. “And that's just his minions, not the beast himself.” A slight jerk of that arm helps loosen him up. His right limb now hands limp at his side.

“To compare your frost to his hellfire is like comparing a pebble to the sun. So, while your love bite might provide some excitement, it will never instill fear in me.” It's now the smile drops from his face. All it takes is the memories resurfacing to sour the mood he tried to improve, “but, the realm that awaits me, scares me. It's unlike anything I ever faced while living. Unfortunately, with him knowing my body's condition, he'll know I've failed before I even return. It's not possible for me to escape my fate.” With his stamina pool being low, the single chain now slinking through his sleeve is sure to take a sizable chunk of what remains. “He can call me back whenever he wishes, but he'd rather I be taunted by you two. So, I'll return now, in the way I choose. I refuse to die by your hand.”

With one final look towards his would-be target, he offers her a few parting words. All the while the end of the chain forms into a sword. With a flick of his wrist the weapon slides out into the open, and with practiced grace based on years of training, in a flash the hilt's position is switched, and the blade is turned from the ground, to the owner's own neck.

“And as for you, Kyra, you better keep a close eye on the darkness that now dwells within your body. If you allow your weakness to consume you, it won't matter how many friends you have. You'll find yourself in the same position as me!” Not willing to wait for a response, the husk brings his only working arm up with all his strength. The blade easily pierces his neck at an upward angle, separating his head from his body. The loss of all feeling is immediate, the body quickly losing its solidity, becoming the very grains of sand that combined made the shell what it was. The vile blackness that held everything together takes to the skies, like wisps of smoke stretching out as far as it can, before dissipating after a few yards. With no heart for it to latch onto it fades, rejoining the realm through which it came.

The last thing Eno sees, before his “vision” fades completely, and the head rolls off the blade, is that of the wild spirit still standing before him...

Speed of Light

Eno Vale

Back to top Go down

Nero~
His life still dwindling, his mind clear, and his vision blurry, all Xern saw as he opened his eyes, feeling enormous amounts of pain from his shoulder gut and thigh, He found that the one girl with the Keyblade, what was her name? Well for all he knew she tried to save him, but she couldn't. Well at least she's save.

The other gupirl, who seemed to have taken advantage of his magical out burst, was allowed to get behind or infront of the man who tried to kill the keyblader. As his vision blurred out even more from the pain, he saw the man kills himself. As he killed himself, Xern laughed. His strength was able to help her survive, but now he wouldn't find his lost brother.

"Hey, well then*tsk* that worked out well" Xern says weakly as he held his own hand over his gut wound, the blood flowing over his fingers. His head rolls back as he laughs weakly.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
A sigh escaped the halflings lips after the sound of Eno's body broke down into sand. She let her hands drop, and the ice all around her melted away to soft snow, losing its sharp edges and jagged terrain. Ikara turned to Kyra, her blue eyes fading as her magic subsided, and then glanced at Xern.

"Well, I suppose that solves things, at least for a little bit." She shrugged, crossing the snowy field with her pale feet. She passed Kyra and approached the male who was lying on the ground, before scrunching one side of her mouth when she was done examining the damage. Kneeling down, she cracked her fingers before hovering them over his wounds where his hands were in the way.

"May I? I won't be able to completely heal them, but I can stop all the internal bleeding. You will probably still need stitches and a few weeks of rest. Kyra, will you be able to get a hold of a doctor or is there a hospital close?" She questioned, her eyes never leaving Xern's blood. [[sorry im controlling you a bit.] Xern's hands moved away to allow the wound to bleed more, before Ikara pressed her icy hands onto the gash on his stomach. After a few seconds, a light green glow of powerful magic escaped from under her palms and snowflake patterns in green stretched across his skin and away from his wound. Xern felt the cold envelop his innards and skin as she mended them with her magic. After the bleeding slowed to a non-lethal amount, she shifted her hands to his thigh. With a deep breath, she healed him there as well.

Another sigh escaped her lips and her ears drooped slightly. She rocked back onto her toes while still kneeling, and let her bloody hands drop to her lap. His shoulder wound looked painful, but far less as far as his life was concerned. "How are you feeling? Hopefully enough to stay conscious long enough for us to get you to somewhere safe." She slowly rose to her feet before stumbling lightly, wiping her brow with the back of her hand. She steadied herself, Ikara's eyes glancing to Kyra. "I'll carry him, you just need to lead me. Try to choose a route with fewer people, So I don't frighten them." The halfling explained, turning her eyes back to Xern. She cracked her neck and wrung out her hands as her body began to transform. Her body expanded as she grew dark fur all over her body, her face elongating into a dark form full of teeth. Her hands became giant paws and er tail shortened into a small, stubby tail. Where Ikara once stood was now a large black bear, lying on the ground low enough that Xern could get on her back. She grumbled lowly, her body aching.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Kourage
(Sorry this took so long. I have sold my soul to the musical.)

What just happened here?

Kyra stared at the place where the dark husk had stood. Why would one so terrified of Hades send himself there willingly? She felt bad for him. Her sympathy, however, soon turned to annoyance as she registered what he said. Darkness growing within her? Perhaps he could sense it the way she could, but he was wrong. He had to be wrong. Yes there were doubts, doubts and self-loathing, all the things that could turn a heart to darkness, but those things were only temporary. They were passing thoughts. She wasn't about to let the have a permanent effect on the state of her heart. She couldn't , right?

Her eyes shifted to the place where Ikara was standing. This girl seemed to posses a lot of power, enough to intimidate even the man whom they had just been in combat with. The iceborn, as she had called herself had proved to be an incredibly valuable ally. Someday she'd have that kind of strength, the strength to help people the way she had Ikara had helped her.  If it weren't for her and Xern...

Xern!

She turned quickly to her fallen comrade, shaking free all thoughts of the previous battle.What mattered right now is that he get to safety. Her first thought was to heal him as much as possible, but it seemed that Ikara had that part covered. She watched with some amazement as his wounds began to close. This sort of healing power was truly impressive to her. Kyra had always been a healer, but there was only so much she could do.To take the pain of others upon herself meant that she could only heal someone to the extent that she could endure their wounds. Yet Ikara had cured his internal bleeding to an incredible extent, with seemingly no harm to herself. Athough... the more closely she watched Ikara's face as the healing proceeded, the more obvious it was that she did indeed fell the pain of what had happened, at least to some extent. She was just strong enough not to show it. Had Kyra tried to do that herself, she probably would have ended up immobilized at the very least.

"Yeah, there's a place we can go."
She nodded in response to the wolf-girl's question, although her eyes remained on Xern. "There's an inn I'm staying at, plenty of extra space. There's a nurse there too, and I've got several healing potions in my room."

She continued to speak as the transformation took place. For some reason, it didn't seem strange that her ally had just become a gigantic bear. Perhaps she was just worn out, or maybe it was everything she had seen that day, but she doubted anything would surprise her at this point.  Of course, it was perfectly understandable that she would not want to be seen as a bear walking through the center of town. "We can go underground." She motioned back in the direction of the town. "You ready, Xern?"

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top