Weaselly F-- (Open)
Yesterday at 12:18 am
Weasel

Rocket Weasel
July 26th 2017, 3:21 pm
Weasel

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sir Nicholas
After their encounter with the Memories in the Country of Musketeers, the knight, Sir Nicolas Jameson and the Monster Hunter, Geoff Jensen had agreed The Land of Dragons would be their next destination.

Shortly after arriving, Jameson noticed the area they were in was the very same place he fought Sombra Azrael, a fact which he made known to his companion.

"This my friend is the place where I battled against a man named Sombra Azrael. A duel which I narrowly lost."

As he told the story of the duel he fought, he made mention of the man's unflappable demeanor and his hunger for combat. Then he went on to explain how the man was a wild, vicious fighter.

"I daresay he might have been the one of the few opponents whose physical strength easily rivals my own." He was saying as they walked through the snowy peaks. "But it was his endurance and stamina that really surprised me; he was able to take my strongest blows and held his own! What was most strange was he wielded unusual night-stick like weapons called Tonfas."

The pair were walking along the Tung Shao Pass, where Shan Yu and his army once passed through on their way to invade the Imperial City. The scars from the battles that were fought there still remained: Broken chunks of the cliff face from the avalanche Mulan had caused lay half-buried in the snow, while the melted remains of rock from his own fire based attacks against Azrael were littered about the peak.

"Although I have been to this world only once, I think this would be an excellent place for training. The Imperial Army has a camp where they prepare their warriors. Their Martial Arts are like nothing I've ever seen."

Back to top Go down

Jensen
The cold winter-like blizzard beat down upon the two travelers, weary from the trek they had to make across the mountains and through the iced caverns in order to eventually reach some of the finest merchants Jensen knows. He had recommended that they come to Land of Dragons, but the deeply-frozen lands that separated China and this exclusive village had been one of the many obstacles that made the village so hard to dominate by any other. Jensen trudged through the snow, watching Nic do the same due to the weight of his armor. The blizzard instigated Geoff to throw up his hood, and he had hoped Nic thought of the same. The cold bit at them, and a small bit of frost formed around a few parts of his leather armor. The metal of Nic's armor probably slowed him down as well, but Jensen knew not. As they walked through the mountain of snow, they passed through a canyon that seemingly had weird objects protruding from the dust of winter. Upon inspection, he noticed that the objects were in fact bones, which had alarmed him as no one just leaves bodies around. "Nic. I think. I think we're surrounded. Nic? Nic?" somewhere down the line the two got separated, which alarmed Jensen more when two hands came from the ground to hold him down, which instigated him to smash the bone with his manrikigusari. Skeletons began raising from the ground, five surrounding him with unintelligible looks of carnage.

"Not good..." one skeleton came at him and he enchanted his blade, Wolfsbane, with Yrden, stabbing the skull and causing it to explode upon triggering Yrden, sending fragments all across the snow. Simultaneously, he whipped his arm behind him, smashing the skull of a skeleton by propelling his manrikigusari. Upon return, he brought the hand to a skeleton on his left, a brilliant flame forming before launching towards the undead with fluorescent glory. The red and orange blended perfectly, forming a marvel of a fireball as he cast Igni, the fireball exploding upon impact and scorching the undead. It left a glow and char over the skeleton, but the blizzard began blurring Jensen's vision. Spinning with  a swing, he managed to slice through the skull of one of the skeletons that remained. A skeleton came up from behind him, opening its mouth to take a bite out of Jensen before he stabbed behind his head, launching the skeleton off of him before he turned around and launched another Igni fireball, watching it destroy the skeleton. Moving forward, he had wondered what had happened to his companion.

---------Meanwhile----------

The clang of metal when the holy hammer strikes had rung throughout the halls of the underground smithy the Temple of Eisuundar uses to enchant or re-enchant weapons made there, or even craft the Eisingar, or "Holy Arms" that are used to follow the holy and good, and slay the evil and never-resting. Eisuundar had commanded his followers to purify the undead or slay them, for they either have been forced to stay for reasons unrelated to their feelings and beliefs or they have been bound by vanity or the deadly sins. A cloaked figure with a glowing left eye had kept banging against his sword with  a compact, silver, radiant hammer as he imbued its magic into the blade. Afterwards, he took a whetstone to it to sharpen and smooth the blade, allowing him to give it a gleam. It was a bastard sword that had the runic inscriptions that said "Eis Dei'Dhu Mahk" or "Holy Bringer Mark",  allowing him to grant it grand magical properties against the undead, and against those that are corrupt.

The hooded figure stood, grabbing a high-quality leather shield and bringing it and the tip of the blade together, sheathing it slowly before strapping it to his back. In another sheath, there was a dagger with the same inscription which he strapped to his chest. Turning around, he walked down a grand hall, stopping by a fountain of blessed water and praying to Eisuundar. "Oh, Eisuundar. I pray to thee to give me strength...To give me power to slay the Draugir. It has plagued the trade for so long, and they've threatened to disconnect you if I don't do this. Oh, I say once more my dear Eisuundar, we must save these people from the stench and corruption of the undead." he stood, bowing once more before ascending up a spiral staircase, entering into the Temple's public area and being abruptly stopped by a Priest of Eisuundar. Giving him a badge, an inscription read "Eis Phuon Bu" or "Holy Phantom Bow". Nodding, he took off without word and exiting the Temple of Eisuunder. Walking down the frosted streets of the village he protected, the figure saw a beggar get harassed by a pair of guards. Looking at them, they took immediate notice and backed off. The beggar looked back in confusion. "But how...?" "I am a Cleric of Eisuundar. They fear us. We are the harbingers of justice upon the wickedness of darkness, and their darkness crinkles in fear." he walked away, revealing his face and showing the dark hair and rough complexion along with some facial hair. His left eye still glowed, but if possible, one could see the runic inscription "Eis".

----------

Phaeron the Holy:

Level 4

Strength: 7
Constitution: 5
Affinity: 9
Resistance: 6
Dexterity: 5
Speed: 5
Stamina: 5

Abilities: Turn Undead |Special Condition, Affinity is counted as Level 5|
Minor Rebuke |Affinity is treated as Level 3|
Minor Heal |Affinity is treated as Level 1|
Medium Heal |Affinity is treated as Level 3|
Major Heal |Affinity is treated normally|
Holy| Heals up to 3 allies, and simultaneously turns undead as if the Affinity was maxed out, but drains a lot of stamina and stamina is treated as Level 2 for 4 posts|
Grand Holy |Expends all Stamina, either rebukes or turns undead as if Affinity was maxed, and covers a 50 foot area, releasing a massive amount of heat|

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"Jensen? Where are you?" Jameson called over the growing blizzard. No reply. With a scowl, the knight raised his sword and activated it. Flames ran along the blade in response, giving him some measure of light and heat. By its glow, he was able to see that he wasn't far from where he had first arrived. Wherever his companion had gone, there was no trace.

"Where'd he wander off to?" He wondered aloud. "And what caused this blizzard? It was clear until a few moments ago."

With a shrug, he walked along the pass, only occasionally stopping to try and gauge where he was, but that didn't seem to matter. No matter how far he walked, the storm only seemed to grow worse. His armor protected him from the cold, as it had been enchanted by the Fairy Folk, but this was no natural weather. Something far more sinister was behind it.

"Geoff?" He said aloud as he heard the crunching of snow underfoot. "Is that you?"

His answer came when about a dozen skeletons appeared. Each was wearing armor and carried weapons that were native to this world. At a guess, they were fallen warriors that had died here during the battle long ago.

"Well, you're a handsome bunch." He muttered as he de-summoned his sword. In its place, Gatebreaker appeared. His hammer was far better suited to smashing bones than a blade, and they had no flesh for the flames to burn anyway.

The first of the skeletons lumbered at him - armed with a crooked sword and wearing what seemed to be tattered animal hides. Probably from its time in the earth and snow, it had been badly decayed.

He dispatched it with a single blow to the skull - shattering it; brains and pieces of bone marrow scattered every which way.

He struck again and again - each blow felling another of them or smashing their bones into fragments.

The creatures were slow, but they were deathly silent and did not pause as he struck their comrades down. No matter how many he dispatched, they pressed in on him relentlessly.

Jameson spun his hammer around once, shouldered it and then brought it down. The head slammed into the ground and exploded into a shockwave. The sheer force of the blow blew apart each of his attackers or sent them tumbling off the mountainside.

More replaced them in short order. The ones he'd killed were probably a dozen out of the hundreds of Shan-Yu's army that died here.

"You lot are annoyingly stubborn." He muttered. With that, he decided it was time to change tactics, and summoned his longsword and his shorter blade.

Now armed with two blades, he swept through the skeletal ranks - slicing off skulls or cleaving them apart, several at a time. His training and natural combat instincts allowed him to parry or turn aside each of their clumsy blows. He kept himself always in movement - whether slicing apart or blocking, dodging and riposting.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
[[Fair Warning: I have not RP'ed in years, so I am apologizing ahead of time for my rusty writing haha. I hope you don't mind bearing with me as I get back into the swing of things. <3]]

Similar to being spit up by a beast, a dark portal appeared high up from the ground and releasing its captor into the air, only to fall far below onto the mountainside of snow. The wolfie's hair whipped wildly around he as she plummeted downward from the sky. She had no idea where she was or where she has been, only that she needed to do something before her fragile body touched earth in a devastating fashion. The halfling adjusted herself so she was facing the ground and shot her arm in front of her with some difficulty, calling upon her contract with Asuramei. The once crisp air that was wildy flying by her turned cold as ice and a blizzard soon formed, decreasing her vision to the point where she could no longer see the quickly approaching the earth. Ikara shut her eyes and braced herself for the impact.

Ikara opened her eyes again when she felt herself land on something soft only to see the brilliant fur of her animal friend, Asuramei. Asuramei half tipped her head to the female as she glided downward, her claws softly sinking into the snow and landing smoothly atop the cliff. Little could be seen from this height, however Ikara was completely unaffected by the cold, her tail flicked impatiently while she whimpered lightly.

Lost. Great. How did I even get here? I can't even remember where I just was. It was just....Dark. Even my body feels like it's been asleep for a long time. I ache.

She sat down as Asuramei wrapped around her and nudged her giant head underneath Ikara's arm and cooed softly. The halfling stroked the fur atop her head and smiled slightly, happy her friend was there to help. Within a couple minutes, the scent of death wafted up from the bottom of the cliff, causing the female's pale nose to crinkle. Scanning what she could through the faltering weather, she could make out darker figures, and the sound of metal clattering and bones snapping. It certainly piqued her interest. Not many people could be accustomed to this sort of weather, and even fewer would dress in only a loosely fitting white shirt and black shorts. Her hair whipped about behind her from the updraft as she shrugged her shoulders and hopped off. As she fell, she grinned, her fangs jutting out over her lip as her body seemed to transform. The bones in her arms altered and her skin grew dark as black feathers pulled away, fluttering out into large black wings. The wings bent upwards and seemed to touch eachother above her head as the tips of the wings fluttered outward, slowing her fall slightly. With a powerful downward swing, the wings curled air underneath them and bubbled, creating a reverse draft that collided with the incoming wind, forcing Ikara's body to stop midair for a moment before she slowly touched the snow beneath her bare feet. Asuramei soon followed, her long body seemingly endless in the thick blizzard. She stood close to her gigantic friend and began the trek through the thick snow to the sounds she heard before. The wolf ears on the top of her head flicked around for a moment, trying to catch any noise again. There was a disgusting shattering noise and bone shards shot out of the blizzard in front of  her, nearly catching her off guard. She ducked low like she was about to pounce as the bone pieces flew past her and disappearing into the snow. The hair on Ikara's neck stood up as she quickened her pace to the commotion.

Squinting her sapphire eyes that seemed to break through the snow, she soon could see a man holding with two sinister looking blades. He was effortlessly hacking through what looked to be skeletal creatures, similar to the ones she would occasionally see in the Underworld. They didn't seem very friendly here either. Ikara called out to the stranger, waving her hand and pointing forward as a command to Asuramei to dispatch the skeletons. With a vicious snarl, the gigantic dragon lurched forward off the ground and twisted her body in a corkscrew before whipping around. Her powerful tail whipped in a wide arc, just barely missing the human male as it split every skeleton in her range in two. Their tattered bodies littered the snow as Ikara sprinted in behind her to help clear the remaining ones. The ebony haired female whipped out her Arctic Bow and leaped into the air, immediately pulling back the string. From her fingers formed a sharp ice arrow, and she quickly released it into the skeleton who stood on the opposite side of the man from her. With a wild grin, Ikara hopped beside him and faced the opposite direction, prepared to fire another arrow.

"Quite a mess you're in! Although I can't say that I'm much better" Ikara called out to the stranger over the blizzard. His scent reached her sensitive nose and it seemed familiar to her, however her head was fuzzy and her memory seemed distant. She shook the thoughts from her head and braced herself for the fight.

Cure|Ice|Water|Earth|Wind
Previous Post Count: 2900
Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
(No worries Ikara, you're doing wonderfully)

Jameson was grateful for the female's arrival. Her timely intervention saved him a long, dreary fight against what was probably an army of flesh-less corpses. The dragon companion she had brought with her made his spirit soar. He'd known the old legends were true and that dragons truly existed, but to actually see one was rare.

Even moreso was for anyone to truly befriend them. Such was a sign of a deep connection to nature and the animals.

"Indeed. I must thank you for the intervention!" He called over the gusting wind. "But I'd say we've a better chance of getting out if we work together. I'm Nicolas Jameson, by the way."

His swords disappeared in a flash and he wrapped his cape closer around his shoulders. Then he turned and looked at the newcomer. Closer examination of the woman showed him she was a Halfling: A human-animal hybrid.

He was familiar with such beings. A young friend of his was such - being half-human, half cat.

"Your name."

Back to top Go down

Jace
A boy was walking though the blizzard comeing from a near by town, his body shivering and his cloths encrusted with snow and ice. This was the fire user, Jace. His magic seemed to not work in this weather, at least not correctly, each time it has fluttered out. Maybe Jace wasn't feeling as Hot as he usually dose that that's why? Hmmm, nah it couldn't be.

As Jace walked though the snow, he found a man, who was talking with another figure. As Jace walked towards him, he tried to straighten him self and put on the brave look he always tried to keep up. As he tried though he ended up just showing how cold he was.

"Hey, you! Sir! Do you have anything that I could use to help keep myself warm do you?" Jace yells at the figure. He was not sure if the person was friend or foe, but he needed to see a friendly face. Hopefully he wasn't walking to his death, because there was no way for him to fight back.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Ikara and Jameson finished off the rest of the skeletons and she slung her bow, fairly happy to herself over finishing the small fight. Ikara's eyes flickered to his face when he spoke over the wind and she grinned at him before bowing politely when he turned to face her. She couldn't put her finger on it, but even that name wrung with a familiar tone, however neither him nor her seemed to recognize each other. She shook the thought from her head before she spoke to him.

"Ikara. And this is my very good friend, Asuramei. She probably is also making this blizzard worse, and she should knock it off." The halfling teased, eyeing the furry dragon darkly. Asuramei flashed her sharp teeth before her blue ribbons shifted in a small wave, releasing some of her magic. The blizzard lightened, however it did not fade away. Ikara furrowed her brow with her brilliant sapphire eyes still on the creature, who seemed to just shrug at the look. Apparently the storm wasn't just from her. It felt....ominous to Ikara at this point. She shivered, despite not being cold.

The halfling's ear flicked at the sound of the snow, and it wasn't from either companions near her. Straining to see through the blizzard she could make out another human walking towards them. His fiery red hair definitely stood out among the blanket of white and Ikara didn't even have to smell him to know his elemental alignment. His appearance poured the element of fire. She grinned inwardly, knowing he was not appreciating this weather as near as much as Ikara, who loved the cold.

Ikara looked to Nic, because she did not have anything to keep him warm. Her element vastly contrasted the newcomer, and she could provide no help.

"Weird place for a fire user to be. Are you lost?" The female asked somewhat teasingly. Asuramei watched the boy wearily, making sure he didn't try anything crazy. She moved to just next to Ikara and stood proudly, her height exceeding Jace's when she held her head upright from her shoulders. Ikara elbowed her lightly when she noticed the dragon trying to be intimidating. She's a 20 feet long dragon, what isn't already intimidating about that?

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"This is not at all a strange place for a dragon, but I've never seen one up close before." He was fascinated by the newcomer. "I'm afraid I don't have any real magic power. We should head for lower ground. We're too exposed up here."

He took a once over glance of the terrain, then gestured to a part of the mountainside. "There, I think I see a path down. We can talk on the way."

Back to top Go down

Jace
"As long as I can get out of this snow I will go anywhere. Jace says as he fallows the knight looking guy. His skin was turning bright pink and was steaming slightly. Jace was able to start his magic back up slightly from his irritation with the dragons question, and with the cold.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
[[Ikara was the one asking questions, the dragon cannot speak :)]]

Bummed slightly by the lack of response from the red head, Ikara followed them without a word. She noticed that Jace was quite flustered about her questions and she smirked, her canines jutting out over her bottom lip. Fire users are the best to tease, their tempers are so easy to trigger. She thought to herself as she watched steam rise from his body, the snow quickly melting from his pinkish skin. Asuramei follow all of them in the very back, her paws creating large indents in the snow. She was fairly calm in this weather, but wasn't so sure about the blizzard itself. Something seemed off about it. She kept her ribbons out and away from her body as if she was feeling for any sense of danger around them.

Ikara's bare feet stopped when the snow thinned out and glanced at the city she could now see through the waning blizzard. It was still harsh up on the mountain behind them, but it was not much more than flurries as they reached the bottom of the hill. Ikara stretched and looked to Nick, trying to get a better look at him now that she could see more properly. It didn't seem to help jog her memory much, and she sighed in defeat.

"So do you want to find somewhere warm inside for a bit? I'm sure we could all use some food, or atleast tea." Ikara suggested with a small shrug. She had not spent much time in this world, at least that she remembered anyway. The half-wolf was curious to see the place. Asuramei nudged Ikara and huffed lightly before she sighed.

"You can hang out in the snow if you want Asura. Just be careful, okay?" The halfling suggested, realizing that a dragon in town may not be the best idea. Asuramei turned around and flew off, disappearing into the blizzard for now.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
((I know. He was talking to Ikara.))

As they approached the nearest town, Nicolas couldn't help but notice his crimson companion's fury was melting the ice around them. It seemed the rumors were true about Fire Magic users. Their rage increased the amount of heat they gave off. The knight himself wielded a flaming weapon - but he wasn't exactly a magic-user. His abilities in the mystic arts were virtually (if not totally) nonexistent.

The closer to the town they got, the less substantial the blizzard became. Suddenly, like stepping from one room to another, it ceased to blow altogether. The three were left standing in a still-snowy area, but the harsh winds and bitter cold were now behind them, as though it had some limit to how far it could stretch. Like a fog, it covered the land behind them, still blowing on the mountain top - but no further.

"Most ominous." He said with his typical understatement. He was grateful he no longer had to raise his voice. "Well, at least we're out of that mess. I can't help but wonder what caused it."

With that, he looked back at Jace, then to Ikara and gave them both a once-over glance. The lack of gusting winds made it easier to see them both clearly now.

Ikara was a head and a half shorter than Jameson, easily. Not that surprising, considering the man himself was 6'7, toned and muscular. Her hair was long and dark and she had blue eyes.

Jace was about the same height as he, but was skinnier, with dark red hair and crimson eyes.

Neither were dressed for the cold, but he wasn't exactly either. He wore his usual custom plate-mail armor, which was dark grey and covered him from neck to knees, just above his boots, which were leather. Even so, it had the enchantments of the Fairy Folk and was resistant to the cold. The same was true of his cape, which was bright red and hung over his shoulders.

"I could eat, and I'd like some tea myself." He said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a large bag. "Come, let's find someplace open. My treat."

Back to top Go down

Jace
"I just hope there's a place to warm up at. My magic dosnt seem to work as well. I have to really on my emotional flames." Jace says as his skin started to turn red hot. He was getting even more teed off because the temperature rose in the area just by going down.p the mountain. The fire Mage was straying to become furious intill he heard the knight say that he would treat them to something to eat.

"why thank you. I would love to someday repay you. Yet I will probally be the only guy in all the worlds to be broke." Jace says sheepishly. He was never good at earning money. He was to Nobel to accept any money from not completing a job, and most jobs he has taken need some other way of achieving something other than burn everything in sight intill you get what you need. When he stopped being angry, he finally realized how strong his emotional fires had become. He burnt the grass and melted the snow in a 12 foot radius of him.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Ikara nodded to Nick, and swept her hands to the side as a gesture to lead the way. She was watching as the fire boy kept warming up and she stepped away a couple paces, feeling the heat uncomfortably on her skin. The halfling noticed that the grass nearby him began to wilt in the heat and she growled lightly, flicking her tail in an angry fashion.

"Hey, no reason to go nuclear fire boy. If you damage any more property I will ice you over." She warned lightly, not trying to sound aggressive, just blunt. Ikara hated the heat. It made her skin crawl. The  halfling quickly walked to the other side of Nick and peered around him as Jace calmed down and the heat subsided.

The ornate buildings around them towered over the three and it took a bit before Ikara noticed something strange. The town was empty. Not a voice could be heard and a chill ran down Ikara's spine.

"Uh...what is going on? Even with my hearing, there is no sign of life at all." Ikara stated. The buildings weren't run down like it has always been this way. She was sure that even the buildings would still be warm inside from the recently put out heat sources.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"Curiouser and curiouser." Said Nicolas. With a glance back in the direction they came, he nodded. "Something in my gut tells me the source of this blizzard, and likely the whereabouts of the citizens is somewhere in there."

At this, he turned back to his compatriots.

"I'm going back. I still have a friend in there somewhere, and if I can, I'll try and find the people. You're both welcome to accompany me if you wish, but be warned: I've no idea what might be awaiting."

A whim struck him, and he obeyed. With that, he unbuckled his cape and rolled it up. Now he wore only the dark grey armor, but that made little difference. He didn't even shiver as he held it up in an offering gesture.

"My cloak is made for more than simple fashion; it's enchanted to resist the elements." He said for way of explanation. "If either of you need it, I can lend it. Cold doesn't bother me."

Back to top Go down

Jace
"Dont worry, I am just starting to get fired up! This seems all fishy and if people lived here they would have all died to make it this quite! I am going to burn the people responsible for this!" Jace says his magic suddenly back to its full potential, maybe alittle to much. His cloths started to smoke, and the area around him burned with intense heat. His power was starting to burn even the ground he stood on, slowly starting to melt it into magma. He then ran towards the blizzard, his flames seemed to make a current of air and made a small pocket to keep the blizzard away.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
The female looked to Jace to see if he wanted to accept the cape, but she looked concerned at his ever-growing heat. She figured he would burn it up at this rate, melting the earth close to his feet. She graciously accepted the cape, not to keep her warm, but maybe to keep out some of Jace's element from touching her much cooler skin. With a light bow, Ikara gripped it tightly within her grasp and threw it around her shoulders before bunching it and tying it at her neck. It was a little long, touching the ground, but because she bunched it up before hooking it across her slim collarbones, it created a hood out of the material. Now mostly cloaking her face she nodded to Nick before following after the overly hyped fire boy. She quickened her pace in order to keep up with him, her sharp eyes glowing from underneath the hood.

"What is your friend doing out in this weather, anyway?" Ikara questioned casually as she followed the path of the melted snow.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"We came here to this world, he and I, to hunt the creatures called 'Memories' that have been appearing all over the Universe." Nicolas explained. "But then, out of nowhere this storm appeared and we got separated. Then came those skeletons."

He turned and looked up at the fire-user ahead of them. He appeared to be intent on burning his way across the entire mountain, ignoring whatever damage that might do in the process.

"If I may, how did you get here, Ikara?" He asked as he turned back. He regarded her curiously. "And more importantly, why are you here? There don't seem to be many Halflings left in the Universe. I've met one of your kind before, but he never said anything about others."

Back to top Go down

Jace
Jace hearing the word memory, he stopped. Memorys, where something you could fight? but He thought memorys where stuck in your head. he srughed and forced the fire to die around him, just enough to radiate to melt any snow comeing close to his skin.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Ikara never heard of such a creature, at least not in her fragmented memory. Maybe they have something to do with her loss of time? She didn't know. Everything was all a little fuzzy to her, the memories she had of before. The halfling sighed and shrugged deeper into the cloak.

"I've never heard of it. Maybe it has something to do why I can't remember much. My life seems so...disconnected in my mind, just out of reach.." Ikara reached her hand out gently, gesturing with her words. "I don't know why I'm here or how I got here. It's as if I was just....suspended in nothingness for a long time. Even my body feels like it has been out of order for a while. I'm all stiff." Ikara's eyes fell to the redhead ahead of them who seemed to be calming down. "I don't know much about the other halflings among these worlds, I can't say we are exactly a tight knit group. And I doubt I would be accepted as a real halfling, not being born one. You can say I'm in more of the split personality category." Ikara grinned at him, flashing her teeth.

The storm deepened as they trekked further into the mountain, but still no sign of Nick's friend. Ikara silently cursed at the storm which hindered her tracking abilities. Unless they were close to him, she doubted she was going to catch his scent.

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"That's a shame. I had a dear friend that was also a halfling." Nicolas remarked with a wistful look. Then his expression turned cheerful. "But it seems we three were destined to meet. That was actually another reason why we came here. We were hoping to find allies in our fight against these creatures." He gestured to their fiery companion. "I get that his abilities are fire-based, and what of yours? I recall you threatened to 'ice-over' our friend. I take it that means you possess Ice-Based Magic?"

As he spoke, there came a rumbling, followed by a renewed gust of wind.

"It would seem we've reached our goal." He said, just as a single, massive shape appeared before them.

Seemingly carved from solid ice, the creature towered over the three companions; easily as large as a Darkside Heartless. The creature's eyes glowed a glacial blue, visible even through the storm.

"A Frozen Passion." Nicolas said, his eyes widening in shock. "I've never seen one up close before." He turned to his friends. "Look to your defenses, comrades. Fight as you've never fought before!"

Back to top Go down

Jace
"Oh, yeah! Time to get fighting!" Jace said as he got pumped up. He held out his hands and flames started swirling around them, intill he was holding a pair of chakarams. He twirled them around a little. Then after takeing a breath he set them on fire and threw them at the frozen thing. The fires where magical, and would hopefully be able to deal some damage, but who knows right. After he threw both of them he charged the thing, his hands pf catching fire and he jumped to punch the thing. He was quickly swayed down though, towards the knight.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Ikara nodded. She clearly was an ice user, and ice itself had next to no effect on her such as this storm. "Ice is one of them, but I actually specialize in healing. So even if this fight gets tough, I'll be here to keep you guys safe." The halfling smiled and her eyes quickly fell on the presence in front of them. It smelled foul, even for ice. The figure stood, easily filling the horizon with it's shimmering body of ice. Ikara was aware that it was an enemy, but the smooth movements of the ice still attracted her in a way. To her, the monster was still beautiful. What a shame. Ikara thought to herself as she lowered her stance to be more on the defensive side. Without having any preexisting knowledge of this enemy, it wouldn't be wise to attack it first. Ice is well known for its defense and the ability to be offensive at close ranges. That didn't seem to stop Jace though.

Jeez, typical of a fire user. But he may be our best member in this fight. Asuramei won't have much to offer either. So I guess we just have to back him up and hope for the best. She thought to herself as she watched the creature move to counter Jace's fire attacks. The fire melted his surface for a moment, before the snowstorm quickly helped it patch the damage until you couldn't tell anything ever happened. At the same time, Jace was knocked away and Ikara quickly made her move, dashing to close the gap between him and the knight. She pushed the knight back with a gentle force before whipping her hand in front of her and creating a large pillow of snow. It stood high enough that when Jace landed in it, he was still a good foot or two away from solid ground.

"Be more careful. He may be large, but that creature is quick. Your fire has little effect on his thick outer shell. Aim for his eyes. See if that does anything." She called to Jace, instructing to try and hit more vital areas. And then a thought came to mind. If he was all magical ice, there needed to be a core somewhere in his body. There had to be some place that was holding his icy body together. She squinted and scanned him, not seeing much in the storm.

Snarling, Ikara turned to Nick. "Have you fought one of these before? They must have a weak point somewhere" Behind her, she heard a strong gust of wind and the creaking of the Frozen Passion. Ikara hopped out of the way just as a large arm came crashing down onto the mountainside, throwing up a large amount of snow into the wind. Without sight of the other two, Ikara quickly jumped onto the creatures arm and scaled him, reaching his face. She created a little ice pillar that she could grip to and and struck the side of it's head as it lifted itself back up, almost throwing her off in the process. She gripped the ice tightly and created another one for her opposite hand as well as a foodhold to help her hold on. Distracting it as it frantically tried to grab her and peel her from its head, Ikara created a pool of her own ice magic on his shoulder in case they didn't follow up in time.

"Now!" She yelled, dodging his hand and holding on for dear life.

[[MY BAD D: I didnt know we had that. So I changed it out as appropriate. I figure the whole regen will be okay for now because then it will take a good team effort to bring him down. Ikara should be okay against his freezing skin cause she has the same ability :D]]

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
Jace's fire blasts did little against the monster. Even though they were the most potent against it, the creature simply sealed up the melted portions of its body with little difficulty. Ikara's attack kept it distracted, allowing Nicolas time to think up with an attack strategy.

With that, he snapped his fingers as an idea came.

"Boy, I need you to get angry." Nicolas said he turned to the fire-user. "I'll apologize later, after you've cooled off!"

With that, he grabbed the boy's shoulders and held them tight. Then he lifted Jace off the ground, (holding him aloft as easily as he would a child), and aimed.

"Ikara, heads up!" Nicolas cried as he began to spin. Faster and faster he went, until finally he released - sending Jace flying through the air directly at the Frozen creature's chest.

With that, the knight drew his hammer and charged. When he was within striking distance, he jumped - his powerful legs carrying him onward and upward, scaling the creature in a fashion similar to Ikara. His armor protected him from the creature's icy touch.

As he reached the top, he greeted Ikara with a smirk.

"If I'm correct, Jace's heat should weaken it enough to create a breach in its armor. Focus your attacks on its heart."

Back to top Go down

Jace
"You know, I don't need you to tell me. I am already mad enough to blow a hole though this world." Jace said as his anger covered him self in fire, breaching a temperature of 1,000 degrees, the ground melting around him, his body burning up. He couldn't keep this fire up to high.

As he was thrown at the giant, he focused his magic into his fist. As he got close enough, he slammed his fist into the things chest, blowing though it's body. The fire encased the thing, smashing around it, makeing every layer of Icy armor and it's skin layer.

As he hit the things skin, he focused even more fire into his fist, makeing the flames burn even more. As he punched one last time he yelled at the top of his lungs, all of his stamina being depleted from his emotional fire. After he forced his fist to hit the giant he passed out, falling a few hundred feet.

Back to top Go down

Ikara Yukinko
Ikara nodded at the warning and pulled one of her ice daggers stuck in his side off before she speared it at the ground way below. Ikara shifted around him and attempted to ice over his eyes even if it was only for a moment so that he could not counter their attack. Her icy walls lasted just long enough for the monster to hold still while Nick released Jace and jumped up to Ikara. The monster stutter stepped at the impact through his chest, before he covered it with his icy hand in attempt to reform it. The female saw Jace close his eyes. She quickly fell into her pool of ice on the monsters horn, her body becoming ice before melting into the mirror like pool. Now intangible, Ikara's intangible form moved much faster as she reached where her spear landed in the snow. Fingertips were the first to slip through the window before a pale arm followed suit. Soon, Ikara's body came out of the ice, just in time to catch the kid. She braced herself as his dead weight dropped against her and her legs buckled, knocking the wind out of her. He was safe though, and that's what mattered. Panting heavily she forced her body to stand back up and drag the boy through the snow, away from the monsters feet. He seemed to be weakened, but he was still moving.

"Jace, you have to wake up, the fight isn't over yet!" Ikara pressed her hand to his forehead and closed her eyes. A pale green light emanated from her hand as she transferred a bit of her energy to him in hopes that it would wake him up. She dropped to one knee from the effort, and cringed.

"Jace, Nick still needs your help!" Ikara shook him weakly once she was done transferring the energy to him. His body began to warm back up and Ikara shifted backwards slightly, pulling the cloak she was wearing closer to her body. Her attention turned to the monster that slowly was turning itself around to face its attackers. Ikara stood up and placed herself between Jace and the monster, hoping he would wake up soon. Placing her fingers to her lips, she whistled sharply, letting it echo across the mountains in hopes that Asuramei would hear it.

Last edited by Ikara Yukinko on November 12th 2014, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Queen of the Pridelands
Ikara's Profile

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top