roleplay
Latest topics
Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Selene || Selena
RP Words : 0
Munny : 593
All was quiet in the sleeping world of Traverse Town. The sky was dark, lit only by the twinkling of distant stars and the warm orange glow of various lamp-posts. Most of the denizens had already headed inside their houses to embrace the comfort of their beds, while those who had lingered outside were beginning to make their return home--it was dangerous to be on the streets at night. This massive reverse diffusion left the districts rather empty, with no citizens present to witness a most peculiar sight: in the plaza adjacent to the Fourth District, water suddenly splashed and sprayed outwards from the central fountain. And with it, the figure of a teenage girl.

Her body lay draped across the side of the heart-shaped reservoir, water dripping from her blond hair. She groaned softly, pushing herself up into a standing position. Her entire outfit was soaked; her teal top pressed tightly against her skin, her skirt bunched up at her waist. She unrolled the light blue fabric and squeezed it tightly, hoping to dry it as much as she could. It didn't help that she was also wearing leggings, which trapped any of the water that began running down her legs. She sighed, deeming the task as hopeless. Instead, she decided on focusing on her surroundings, which were completely unfamiliar to her.

Huh? What I'm doing here...? Last I remember, I was..." She froze, her blue eyes wide with shock. She couldn't...remember where she was before this place. Or anything for that matter. At least let me remember my name...I'm...I'm....

Before the girl could recall her name, a group of strange beings suddenly appeared all around her. Though colorful and fantastical, the creatures were not friendly in the slightest; as soon as they had noticed her, each of the Nightmares rushed toward the teenager to attack her. Startled, she stumbled back, narrowly avoiding the spikeball-looking creature.

"M-monsters!" she cried out, frightened. The word must have had some meaning to her, because a scene suddenly flashed in her head.

"What monsters? Monsters aren't real!" A black haired kid stared at her.

"Yeah huh! Cindy said she saw some a few days ago, but she ran away 'cause she's afraid." Was that...her voice?

"Cindy talks to rats," the kid countered, "But if the monsters were real, I wouldn't be afraid of them. I'd beat them all up!"

Right...she couldn't just sit around, waiting to be rescued. She had to fight back. Scrambling to her feet, the nameless girl searched frantically for something she could use as a weapon. But it seemed as if there was nothing nearby. Maybe I had something on me...like a knife...Am I the type of person to carry around a knife?

Under normal circumstances (what was that, even?), the girl wouldn't want to be the type of person that carries around a weapon. But right now, she was hoping more than anything that she was. She quickly began skimming her hands through the water, pleading to the gods that there would be at least a pocketknife. But as luck would have it...there was nothing.

She was surrounded by several Fin Fatale and Prickelmane. How was she going to get out of this alive?

[Sorry about this, got lazy at the end x:]

Elemental Mastery:
~Fire
~Cure
~Thunder

Back to top Go down

Ander
Munny : 381

Laken Arrives
Far across the plaza, on a building, stood a creature with his head down. Though he hears the voice of the girl he did not move at first. Only when the monsters would leap would a metal spike fly from the building he stood. It was aimed at a nightmare, who would attempt to harm the girl. Using his powers agin, he would magnetically fling his body high into the air. From above he could be mistaken for a superhero. Though these were just assumptions. Laken was an imprisoned being only allowed to travel through sleeping worlds. His true goal was to escape this hell, forever. Landing beside the two of the creatures, he quickly used his brute strength to punch  solid holes right through their skins. Thus causing two beside him to dissipate. With only two left he would pull the now portruding spike from the ground tossing it to the girl to defend herself.

Not paying attention he would be struck three times in the back; by a single dream eater-creature before turning around and doing a round-house kick to it's face with his amazing speed. Not looking at Selena he would speak, "How did you get here...?" His tone sounded almost cold, as if he hated the idea of someone coming in. Figuring she could take care of the last monster, he was preparing to walk away. For some strange reason however, he almost wants to stay and greet the girl.

Back to top Go down

Selene || Selena
I'm going to die...and I don't even know who I am... the girl resigned to her fate. There was no possible escape, and she couldn't fight against any one of those monsters without a weapon. One of the fish leaped at her, causing her to squeeze her eyes shut instinctively.

After a few seconds had passed, and she had realized that she wasn't dead, the teenager hesitantly opened her eyes. To her surprise, the beast that had just attempted to kill her was now gone. In its place was a metal spike, sticking straight up out of the ground. They were, in fact, in almost every spot that has been occupied by the creatures;  only a couple had escaped death. A smile on her face, the girl began searching for her savior. It did not take long to find him, what with his dramatic entrance. He had jumped up into the air, his--or her, as the mask on the person's face prevented gender identification--crimson cape billowing in the air.

"Like a superhero..." the girl murmured in awe.

"We’ll be superhero partners, fighting for justice!”

...Huh? A confused expression came across her face. Superhero...partners?

The female had little time to think further, for her rescuer had just landed and asked her how she had arrived at this place.

"I...don't know," she responded, not paying mind to his tone, "I just woke up here...in this fountain. But thank y--Eep!"

She narrowly dodged an attack from yet another of those nightmares (the last, it would seem), leaping to the side quickly. It, however, would not give in so easily. Baring its teeth, the Fin Fatale rushed once more at its prey. Squealing, the girl swung her hands up in a feeble attempt to block the assault. Unexpectedly, it worked--though not in the way it was intended to. At the very moment those light-skinned hands were raised, water from the fountain had shot up and smacked the fish away.

“Hey, since we’re partners, we should have matching weapons. But instead of a staff, mine’s gonna be a spear, ‘cause those can be thrown. And I can make it out of my water!”

"My...water?" she stared at the still-floating pool of water floating before her, tentatively stretching out her hand to touch it.

“It’ll look like this!”

The liquid suddenly balled up in the palm of her hand, then elongated into a stick about the girl's height. With a blue glow, it instantly solidified, taking the form of an azure naginata. It felt cold in her hand, cold...but right. The Fin Fatale (which was only deflected, not destroyed) sped at her in one final attempt to slay the female. And in that moment, she knew what to do.

"'Cause those can be thrown!" the girl mimicked her younger self, flinging the weapon at her opponent.

It missed.

Elemental Mastery:
~Fire
~Cure
~Thunder

Back to top Go down

Ander
The figure still stood turned around, he heard the girl shout some form of battle cry. However, turning his for just a moment he could see the monster was still existent. Surely this one had more talent than the last few, but not for long.

Flinging his body from his spot it looked like someone had punched his stomach the way he flew to the front of the beast. It was almost crazy how fast Laken could change the game. His speed was most impressive, just as the monster got close enough to strike- Laken dropped to his left hand almost acrobatically he fell into his single palm bringing his left foot into the fiends front jaw sending into into the air. With much skill the strength behind the foot sent the monster spiraling high.

As the monster flew high into the air flinging himself again like he'd been launched upward he brought his fists into the monster several times, punching rapidly in exotic spot. He continued this for a couple seconds until finally it exploded into dissipitation. He then fell to the ground; hard. For a normal human a death or even broken legs would occur but Laken was far from normal. He was even existent in the real worlds... Only dreams... He landed face to face with Selena only fifteen feet from her. For almost an entire minute he stared silently at the girl awaiting his previous question to be answered.

Back to top Go down

Selene || Selena
Embarrassed by her failed attempt, Selena sheepishly--but admiringly--watched as the superhero finished off the fish monster. After a flamboyant display of furious fist combos, the cat-eared figure landed several feet from the girl while facing her direction. She spoke up only a few seconds after seeing her savior land (just staring back at someone for a full minute would feel awkward), making her way closer to him.

"Thanks for saving me back there," she smiled warmly, "It was really cool watching you fight off all those monsters at once...I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help."

Her hands held together behind her back, the Memory rocked back and forth on her feet as she tried to think of what to say. She couldn't introduce herself, despite it being rude not to, because she didn't remember her own name..It was funny how she remembered somethings and not others.

"Um," she began, brushing a lock of hair out of her face, "So what is this place?"

It occurred to her maybe she did know where she was--or at least, she once did. Maybe she grew up in this town all along, and simply had an unfortunate accident. Maybe she was playing in the fountain when she slipped and hit her head, forgetting almost everything she knew when she woke up and stood up. But for some reason...that didn't feel like the right answer. If she did grow up in this town, wouldn't there me some sense of familiarity? And the place in what little memories she had, of herself and the other boy...it was different. Warmer. Not like the town she was currently in.

Last edited by Selene || Selena on July 22nd 2014, 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Codes needed fixing)

Elemental Mastery:
~Fire
~Cure
~Thunder

Back to top Go down

Ander
The figure stood almost completely quiet besides the dirt crumbling under his shoe, though it was only because of the great fall. Besides Laken doubted the girl would feel threatened by that. The breeze would push his hood as wind brushed against the dream-eater memories side.

"... This world is asleep, doomed to the same fate as me: unfortunately. Though back when it was awake it was known as... Traverse Town. A world of refuge for those who had lost their homes and families to the dark."

The dark figure paused, before turning his head in the direction of the second district. "I only know this because... I too, have experienced the dark. The knowledge of this world shares its memories with me... Without the memories; life is just a waste. It's what gives the heart it's mysterious importance, in my opinion."

The figure would turn around and begin to walk away. He knew this girl would have questions. Though if she trruly chose to figure them out she would need more than his help. "You are trapped here, just as I am for now. How you escape is up to those in your heart. If... They can remember you."

Back to top Go down

Selene || Selena
A...asleep? Her eyes searched the ground as she pondered what she was being told. This town...is sleeping? She couldn't understand how a place could do things like fall asleep, but she doubted this stranger--her savior--would lie to her so blatantly. Especially with something that sounded so improbable. But then again, it was no more improbable than waking up in an unfamiliar town with no memories and being attacked by and saved from colorful monsters.

Is...my life a waste? She dared not speak her thoughts out loud, primarily to keep from interrupting the masked hero. I have no memories of my own...so what am I?

The cat-like figure began to walk away, prompting the girl to follow closely behind. What would have been his parting words intrigued her...but depressed her. "If the 'ones in my heart' follow me...? But...I can't even remember them. I can't even remember myself?"

Was she doomed to stay in this lifeless dream forever?

Elemental Mastery:
~Fire
~Cure
~Thunder

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top