Hot Damn Kids
June 2nd 2017, 4:53 pm
Newo

Hi!
May 29th 2017, 8:20 pm
Noko Troshiro (Adult)

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sir Nicholas
The Country of Musketeers. Originally a "sleeping" world, now "awake" once more. It was so far a world that had received few visitors. Yet one of them, a man that very much was similar to one of the warriors that called it home was traversing its capital city of Mont-Saint Michel, and he found it quite to his liking. From what he gathered from the citizens (whilst hiding his own identity with a brown cloak and robe), it was a world ruled by the benevolent Princess Minnie, a much younger version of the Queen of Disney Town.

Walking through the streets of the old city, Nicolas would occasionally pass columns of those very same warriors that it took its name from. Their precision, order and their aptitude for swordsmanship all had impressed him greatly. So far he was loving every minute of his visit, especially when he discovered that a favorite pastime of the world was the Opera. After brief period of watching from the sidelines and he decided it was time to go.

A world with the potential to spawn many great warriors. He thought as he passed through the training courtyard, occasionally stopping to watch as some of them began to spar with each other. Yet they know not what's coming. He suddenly felt the urge to join their ranks - to lead them into battle when the time came. But he decided that working in tandem with local forces was the better path. This wasn't his world, but he would happily have called it home if he could. His place was ultimately elsewhere.

Even so, he was still determined to ensure that such a great world remained untouched by the malevolent forces that lurked about the Universe. So he decided it was time to see how strong its greatest champions were. Those consisted of the future King Mickey, Donald and Goofy. He watched them train with each other from the shadows, but ultimately they were nowhere as skilled as their future selves: Goofy kept running at his opponents in the wrong direction (with his eyes closed no less). Donald tried rushing in at his opponent without regard to his own safety, and Mickey, although he lasted longer against his opponent than his compatriots, he was still not as powerful as his future self.

This is ridiculous He thought with a grimace as he watched the three of them collect themselves and walk away, leaving him alone in the arena-like area once more. Is this really the best this world can offer? - He looked around, waiting to see if anyone else would come by. Looks I've got my work cut out for me.

Last edited by Sir Nicholas on September 12th 2014, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Dusty...really should have had Sister Ella knit me a face mask... Geoff journeyed through what seemed to be a dirt devil storm that engulfed the outer parts of the Country of Musketeers. Slowly he journeyed as the dust kept him suppressed. He was a Monster Hunter, and what he journeyed for was to hunt...and find a new path. But he still kept his values at the deepest depths of his heart, unable to be touched by the corruption of new experiences. His Malleus longsword was strapped to his back and forming a narrow X-cross was his Wolfsbane. He wore his Shuko and had his Manrikigusari wrapped around his left arm. He looked around him, wary of any beasts that he would encounter. Suddenly, he was surrounded by dark constructs of an ambiguous energy. They had a resemblance to emblem heartless, but they seemed more...primal. Less part of this reality. But clearly, they were heartless. They surround him, so with both his hands he placed a Yrden trap to his left and right, using Axii to trick two of the heartless in front of him to think each other were the targets. Finally, he turned around and swiped his hand, using Propulsion to send a flail-like form of his Manrikigusari to smack the heartles from behind away. This combined with the Yrden traps gave him time to unveil his Malleus.

The heartless in front killed each other and two on each side had been stunned by the Yrden traps. He slashed his blade across the heartless on the left, slaying them and repeating the process on the right to the same effect. The heartless behind him recovered more quickly, so he had to deflect their vicious attacks, using Igni to scorch one and slay it with his right which held Malleus and propulsion with the weight being launched in blade form in his left, slaying both heartless effectively. He threw Malleus up in the air and let the sheath catch it, which was sheer luck. He retracted his chain and walked toward the apparently more civilized city. The heartless were weaker than what he encounters, but he was trained to slay the weaklings. Only mere shadows fought him that time. The dust devil that terrorized the outskirts had subsided momentarily, giving him a window of time to run much more quickly than usual.  In a short amount of time, due to his accelerated speed being a mutated being, he closed the distance between him and the glorious city.

It was truly a beautiful sight....much like Cite de la Cloches when he had his few, rare chances of seeing it from the inside. He liked the look of this world, hearing the name of it was the "Country of Musketeers". He walked about the roads and let himself wander, eventually stopping himself as he saw musketeers train. He laughed at the mockable "skill" being tossed about. He noticed someone walking away in disgust, he decided to do a bit of parkour and run throughout civilization to catch him. "Hey! You were watching them too? I've been around the block a few times myself, that's just miserable." he was hoping to find out that maybe...just maybe this person was part of some guild, he was certainly dressed for the occasion.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"I was indeed. But I think those three may yet have a future." Said Nicolas as the stranger dropped down in front of him. "I myself have come across countless battlefields undefeated. Not once have I retreated."

With that, he slowly lowered his hood and looked at the newcomer with something like detached fascination. He was similarly dressed to himself, but much more lightly. The armor he wore was plain but clearly had seen its share of battles. On his back, the newcomer carried two impressive swords, not unlike his own.

Seeing as how the stranger had greeted him politely, chivalry demanded he respond in kind.

With that, he discarded his cloak and revealed the shining set of plate armor beneath. His sword, (Godsend) and his shield (Templar's Cross) were strapped to his back as well, just over the long red cape he wore over his shoulders.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Nicholas Jameson, at your service." He thumped one hand to his chest in a gesture of respect. "I see you are a fellow swordsman. From your armor and your weaponry, I take it you are also an experienced fighter. For that, you have my respect. Your name."

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Geoff knew what it was like to retreat, but not as a full-fledged hunter like he was now, it was more so when he was younger and had to take his father's role after he had to...decapitate his own father. Geoff has been trying to earn the munny in order to commission a smithy to craft him some more valuable tools, but he was rather poor. That led him to try and find a cause...something that he could ignore the option of retreat for and something that he could continue living for. All he saw himself as now was a lonely werewolf, hiding from the moon to avoid the judgement of others. He saw a warrior...no a knight in front of him. Someone he could bow before out of respect. But he didn't know him, he just knew the virtues of a knightly posture. "Actually. I'm quite young, my journey began prematurely so I know what it is like to retreat...Though that I'd rather not mention." he has had to retreat for two reasons: to avoid the moon and to avoid beasts beyond that time's skill level.

Geoff scanned the knight's posture for a while, noticing the detail of the armor and the sword and shield on his back. He would want to clash blades with the man eventually, but that time will come when it comes. "I am Geoff Jensen, certified Monster Hunter. My official Monster Hunter Name is the Wolf-Cleric. I am bound by guild law to disclaim that I am a were-wolf and if you have qualms with that I am bound by the same law to leave you be." it seemed so rehearsed, for he had to tell many people before Sir Nicholas that he was the Wolf-Cleric and that he would have to leave them be if it bothered them. It was an annoyance really, the curse that was put over him. He has not entered his wolf state in quite some time, doing well to resist the moon long enough to exit its view. "It is an honor to meet you, Sir Nicholas. I hope you don't mind me saying your name like that, your armor tells the story of a knight." he smiled but knew that at any moment, rejection could follow.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
A Werewolf? Jameson mused. He had heard of such creatures before - though he never had dealings with them. Unlike most folk, however, he believed in their ability for benevolence - especially after discovering there was at least one in Halloween Town that remained (relatively) harmless.

"It is an honor to meet you as well, Wolf-Cleric." He looked over Geoff once again, and he could instinctively tell there was something else about him. A gut feeling said he had found a kindred spirit; a soul not unlike his own. "I am indeed a knight. Do not fear. Call me by any name, so long as I may call you friend in turn."

He offered his hand to Geoff with a kindly grin. He felt at ease despite the situation, and he was actually glad to meet a fellow of such good manners.

"I suspect you are dedicated to chivalry as well: You seem a soul willing to fight for the greater good of Humanity. I know of the Monster Hunters and of their charge to defend Mankind. That's respectable, that is."

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Geoff often disliked that he abides by the judgmental rule, but he assumed that as a monster hunter the other hunters would need to know he himself is a monster. He was happy that Sir Nic accepted him and even called him chivalrous...which was a lot more than what people normally said about him being a werewolf, Monster Hunter. He took Sir Nic's hand and shook it firmly before retracting his hand. He would have asked how Sir Nic knows of the Monster Hunters, but the name says it all. The Monster Hunters obviously hunt down monsters, and it would be safe to assume it brings safety to the place they hunt for. "I'll gladly accept your friendship, Sir Nic. I actually hail from Cite de la Cloches....Or the outskirts where the farmers reside. We had a nasty bit of heartless and monsters running about. The werewolves were the alphas of the populace of monsters though." Geoff looked down, remembering the day when he had to slay his own father as he mauled his mother.

It was a nightmare he had to let soak into his eyes every night when he tries to sleep, but alas he is kept restless by regret and by the echoing words of those that subtly cast him out on a faux mission to find other hunters. He assumed Sir Nic was pointing out the obvious presence of hunters...but what if there was an actual guild somewhere out there? Would they reject him too? "Ah but I digress. Friend, where do you hail from?" Geoff was interested in the knight, he actually desired to spar with him but he feared the adrenaline would bring out his feral side. This is why he usually sticks to fighting evils instead of having friendly spars. "Oh and if you ever visit the Land of Dragons, make sure to pick up some Shuko. Nasty tools. As well as a Manrikigusari, they are great climbing and the Manrikigusari is great for capturing monsters." he said, showing off his tools. He fancied them, but otherwise had wanted to kindly offer some suggestions to his friend.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"I hail from the Enchanted Dominion." He replied. "I take my surname as a patronymic one." He regarded the younger man with a fascinated expression.

"Duly noted." He said in regards to the advice. "But my blades are sufficient to deal with any threat. This..." He paused to draw his long sword from his back. "...Is Godsend. This weapon was a gift from the Moogles, and it has been enchanted to control light and sound."

Then he gestured with his shield. "And this is Templar's Cross. I had enough resources left over to create a second weapon, and this was the result. Like its companion, it is enchanted and can defend me from most physical threats."

"But enough about me. What about you? Why come to this world? There are countless others that are even now beset by a different threat. One perhaps greater than the Heartless. People say they are Memories given form and substance."

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Geoff was faxcinated by Sir Nic's sword and shield, it was a magnificent sight of prime creation, something only done by the best of smithies. Geoff unsheathed his Wolfsbane slowly, looking at its glimmer as sunlight struck it, a masterpiece of silver that did well to slay monsters. Though against human beings, it was not as effective as it should be. His sword for humans, Malleus, is proven to be the substitute but he would rather not use it for its purpose. "My blade, Wolfsbane, is my reminder that I am in control. This is my claymore. My pride, my precious. It was the last thing offered to me by a blacksmith gypsy, the only people who didn't know I was a were-wolf. Well. Maybe sometime we can meet blades, ignore the magic. You'll probably out-do me, I'm only a youngster. I just fear adrenaline will get to me. We don't want that, it isn't so sporty then." he chuckled, using humor to lighten the meaning behind his words.

He sheathed Wolfsbane before unraveling his manrikigusari and shuko to show Sir Nic. "I know you must be strong enough to take down a monster, but we are hunters, we use tools to capture them, it essentially makes it go beyond just running and hopefully you hit. Having some reach doesn't hurt. Plus a little magic makes the tools susceptible to manipulation." he showed Nic that a weight on his manrikigusari could turn into a spiked prism from its default prism form, and even become a dagger. He wrapped the manrikigusari around his arm again along with the shuko to place it back on his hands. "I wish I had more money, I've met someone who can build me a repeating crossbow. It's a magnificent design, a cross-limb of three different limbs, creating some extra draw. I can launch different projectiles from it possibly. I almost invested in a Chinese Rocket gun but it's a reckless tool." he made small talk with Sir Nic, hopefully impressing him with his knowledge.

"To answer your question, I come here officially to search for outlets of my Guild. I've found none. I'm truly looking for a new cause of similar objective. I do not know what memories are, but I have no doubt we can slay them. They are probably just a product of mankind, just like heartless." he said, wondering what the new enigmas were, the memories. He heard of two different products of man, heartless and nobodies but he truly only met heartless.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"Memories are the manifestation of people's experiences. For example, if I were to encounter one such a creature, it would gradually take on aspects of my memories and give rise to a new version of them. By far, the most insidious of them are the Imagined." He seemed to shudder at the mention of the word. "They can sense creative thought and imagination, and they attack in huge numbers. They take the form of what normal people believe would be the living dead."

He tapped the side of his head. "Against one like us, who fight with the mind and the body as one - they represent a terrible threat. Moreover, they are implacable: They do not feel pain or fear."

They stood silent for a few long moments, and Nicolas let his words hang in the air, for nothing else truly needed to be said.

"Believe me when I say that the days ahead will be trying. And you will need powerful weapons. But take hope - for weapons do not win battles. It is the hands and hearts that use them." He clenched his gauntleted fist for emphasis. "And while you may not have found any other members of your Guild, you at least have found me. If ever you need my aid, simply ask. We're brothers of the same cause."

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Geoff was quite alarmed that there had been something that he could truly call monsters, especially since the description of the Imagined are that of the Undead roaming about the farmlands of Cite de la Cloches. Those were nasty to fight because they did not have the sense of touch that their living counterparts did, but taking the same thing and adding the ability to feed on thoughts alone? That was just monstrous. He shuddered for a moment, but had no doubt in his mind he was capable enough to slay them. "Be wary, Sir Nic. I wouldn't challenge them alone, you and I may be sufficiently strong but numbers mean a lot when they don't fear us." Geoff had wondered if his tools were enough to fight something like the Imagined. To be honest, it chilled his bones that something would grow stronger from just being around someone who had an imagination.

Geoff looked at Nic, trying to find the words for what he wanted to convey...an offer that would first needed to be tested. "What if we journeyed together? Maybe if we sparred, we can see how well each other could do against the true enemy. I know I fear the danger of me becoming too hyped, but this is exactly what I need. My efficiency versus your brawn." he wanted to form his own group of Monster Hunters, ones that didn't just sit in some outpost waiting to be called upon or until the monsters come to them. A persevering, powerful team of Monster Hunters. He needed to slay something, to show that he was a hero amongst those that misjudged him. "I hate to ask this, but are you by chance wealthy? I need some more gear from Land of Dragons but my status as a werewolf means I have to pay more. Plus I have to help fend off the beasts that roam around the outskirts of China." he scratched the back of his head, knowing that it would be rude to just use Nic but he needed what he needed.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"It would be an honor to fight beside you, Geoff. Or against you, for a friendly sparring match. Just name the time or place. But again," he laid one hand on his shoulder. "As I said, we're brothers of the same cause. And if you need Munny, I do have some to spare." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a large bag that jingled at his touch. He then handed it to Geoff. "There's about 800 Munny. That should suffice for now I think."

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Geoff smiled at the man's acceptance of his challenge, wondering if he would be willing to start now, although he wouldn't be surprise if he didn't. He considered the outskirts where it was safer to let go, but he knew that there was more to worry about besides his opponent, like memories or heartless. He then considered the training grounds, knowing that by now they should be empty. He was quite excited, but noticed his heart raced so he calmed down. "Sir Nicholas. I would be honored to tempt your blade now. I have no doubt in my mind that you are stronger, I am but a fledgling in this society." he undid his strap to Wolfsbane, knowing he would not need it in the sparring match. He held it by the straps and awaited an answer.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
(Skipped right on ahead to the area to save time)

"Very well. Let's proceed." And with that, he and Geoff walked on over to the training courtyard.

The arena-like area was empty when they arrived, meaning they could fight without interruption. In the middle of the arena, Nicolas stopped and drew his blade and his shield, mentally preparing himself for the battle ahead.

"Rules of engagement are simple: We fight until one of us is unable to battle, or surrenders. No outside interference, and no lethal attacks. Is that acceptable?"

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Jensen nodded in Sir Nic's direction, feeling the bite of his feral senses, stretching a bit before unsheathing his Malleus and twirling it about to limber up, preparing for their sparring match and calculating the moves he'd need to perform in order to successfully best his opponent. "Indeed. I feel I should warn you I'm doing my best to keep tame." he aimed the sword down at the ground but in Nic's direction, making a distance of 12 feet between them. Keeping one foot behind, he had prepared his left hand behind his back to use his manrikigusari in its spiked form. Alright, catch him in the leg, igni first for distraction and then trip him. I could start with Axii. Or plant Yrden down at the last second.

"Tell me, Nic. Have you ever hunted a wolf before?" they had not begun fighting, but he had wanted to banter a moment before he led with his alternate route, Axii to manrikigusari catch to Yrden plume. Geoff was very careful with what he think he had to do, due to the fact that his strengths were more so in efficiency and not so much overpowering another.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"No, I haven't; but in truth, I rather admire them. They are intelligent and strong. And more, they have a keen sense of familial loyalty." He turned his head to the side and cracked his neck, feeling the muscles and joints in his body loosening and contracting as he let loose the mental shackles. Against an opponent like this, he had no need to hold back. "Wolves are exceptionally resilient I hear. And are notoriously fierce when cornered."

And with that, he lunged. His blade shot out in a sideways strike. Their blades locked at the edge, and he tied up Malleus with Godsend at an angle and he thrust with the tip of his shield. While he did so, he sidestepped and pushed forward - putting all his weight into the strike - aiming for Geoff's chest.

His every move was calculated and executed with surprising grace. Despite his armor's heavy weight, he was no less accustomed to it, nor did it inhibit his skills. Nicolas had a reputation as a master swordsman; one that he was rightly proud of. He made the full use of every swing; every backhand and counterstroke.

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Jensen smirked as Sir Nicholas rushed at him, it was as if he had been given the perfect opportunity to use Yrden. Back-stepping just as Nic was approaching, he caused him to run into a trap magically placed, a Yrden trap that would shatter as it sent a pulse of energy running through Nic. At the time Geoff used his obviously superior speed to lead Nic into a trap, he began to hold Malleus upside-down as he lunged his left arm forward, using Propulsion to launch the morningstar-like weight and attempting to hook it around Nic's right leg. Even if Yrden did not completely stun Sir Nic, he expected it to either surprise him or at least minorly slow him down. If his Manrikigusari successfully entangled his opponent's right leg, he would attempt to use Propulsion along with a hard yank to trip up Sir Nic, timing it to happen upon entanglement. If he did not entangle Sir Nic's leg, he would use propulsion to return his manrikigusari. "Werewolves are the step up. We are vicious when cornered, and deadly when given grounds to run." he chuckled, trying to make combat banter, to dispel underestimation and possibly intimidate.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
(Feel free to be creative in your attacks. Let's make this fluid and seamless as possible. Let's give the audience a show.)

"Cute tricks. But they won't stop me." Nic muttered. As the trap wrapped around his left leg, he felt a shock through his nervous system. He felt a sharp jolt of pain run through him, but he resisted it and stood his ground.

The electricity running through him also coursed through his armor, though the enchantments placed upon it helped absorb part of the damage.

(Magical Resistance)

When Geoff attempted to wrap his chain around his leg, Nic raised his leg and let it fly harmlessly past him. Upon use of the Propulsion technique, it flew back to its master's hand instantly. Then he slammed his foot back down and held his position a moment longer.

"Even if you can entrap me, if I choose to stand my ground, I cannot be moved!" He retorted. "I admit, you have style." He drew up his shield. "But it's endurance where battles truly count."

He sent a few more strokes at his enemy, intent on testing his defenses; content to simply wait out the initial assault. Both Godsend and Malleus clanged as they struck each other. The knight was holding back; probing his enemy for weaknesses.

After a few swordplay exchanges, he decided it was time to change strategy.

"Awaken, Godsend." He raised his sword skyward. The blade began to glow in a brilliant white light. "Holy blast!" He directed it at Geoff, sending spherical coils of light aimed at his chest.

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Geoff felt as Godsend slammed against Malleus, using his sudden rise of Godsend to find an opening as he simultaneously shifted Malleus to occupy his shield, attempting to form a wedge between the hand and handle so that he could free Nic's shield. With his free hand, he thrust it with his fist balled to have the shuko he wore get quite close to Nic's neck. The shuko was bladed and could cause up to two inches deep wounds and they were hooked, being able to hook into the flesh. He knew that Nic's inferior speed gave him enough extra room to force Nic to heed. What he didn't expect was a blast of light to repel him, doing a bit of damage but the force was minimal, like defending against a similar opposite. Using the force of his flying back, he used propulsion to try and wrap around Nic's leg using the same weight-shape as before.

Using the speed of his throw, he was able to start it as he was propelled, combining his strength and the force of Nic's attack to pull harder if it wraps around his leg. Sadly, he had to drop Malleus due to the blast catching him off guard. Geoff felt a rush of adrenaline and his pupils dilated. Slightly, his canine teeth increased in size and became quite pointed. "Nice shot! But I don't fall without doing something..." if he succeeded in catching Nic, there was a strong chance that he would trip Nic. Especially enhancing his chain with Propulsion, he could make Nic vulnerable enough for him to hold him down with his Shuko or manrikigusari's blade form.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
(Sorry about the long wait)

"This trick again?" Nic asked rhetorically. He dropped his shield, and it vanished before it hit the ground. He allowed the chain to wrap around his leg.

"Let me tell you a little secret boy." He said as he fell heavily. He didn't care. It was time to teach Geoff his first lesson. "Animals adapt, and so do I. Strategies and traps like this, only work once!"

With the last word, he swung Godsend and unleashed a second blast of light at his opponent. The trip would leave him vulnerable to counterattack, as would his wide open swing, but such was the amount of armor he wore that he could well afford it.

(Shield removed. +2 to speed. -2 to magic defense)

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Geoff noticed that Nic was still throwing an attack at him, using his right hand to splash magic across his body and casting Heliotrope to add to his resistance, taking the blast without taking much damage and since he was still hooked onto Nic, it dragged him along. Using the extra propulsion from Nic's magic, he shuffled to his feet and in the style of a rabbit, thrust forward to meet Nic with his Igni spell, releasing an immense heat that comes in the form of a sprouting fireball from his right hand's Shuko, aiming it at his head. With his other hand he would pull hard, trying to wound Nic's ankle with the spiked weight that clasped onto it. This would cause the spikes to attempt to dig deeper and more viciously. At the end of his fluid movements he would swing his head back, clenching his teeth before swinging it forward and opening his mouth like a beast, releasing a roar akin to his movements.

This roar would be his Resonant Roar, which he concentrated into a wave and is using it to massively vibrate Nic's armor as well as slam him down against the ground, assuming it's successful and assuming Geoff was able to successfully follow suit with his attacks. "And how does that work out for you? Strategies and traps only work once? That was quite the cockiness, thinking you adapt like us animals." his heart was pumping and he knew it meant he soon had to stop for he needed to lower his heart rate so the other him didn't tear through the prison of his human form.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
Calculating his options carefully, Nicolas decided on a strategy and acted.

Before the strike hit, Godsend was up in a sideways parry and deflected the fireball. The magic resistance inherent in both wielder and weapon meant he was able to (with some considerable effort) force it away. A second strike downwards and Nicolas dug his blade into the ground, holding on. This would prevent Geoff from dragging him around any further.

The armor around his ankle, coupled with his thick boots meant the spikes were unable to pierce his skin, though it did cause him major discomfort.

The roar made his head hurt and his ears ring, but otherwise his armor otherwise managed to resist it.

With that, it was time for a counter.

Nicholas began by sweeping his right leg out, aiming for a tripping motion. In his left hand, now free, a second blade appeared in a flash of light. It was almost the same length as Godsend, but it was far wider and burst into flames upon appearing.

With it in hand, he made a simultaneous stabbing motion towards Geoff's stomach.

"The very next time you try that little trick, I'll be able to stop you from using it." Nicholas muttered in between attacks. "I know how it works now, so now, I know exactly how to defeat it."

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Geoff had to back-step in order to make a distance between him and Sir Nic ad dodge the sweep, seeing as his actions were futile and him not having a blade in hand. At the same time, during the heat of combat, his feral side had started to grow and he began developing a carnal rage. His muscles expanded slightly, but it could be visible and he was closer to losing control over his human form. In reaction to Sir Nic trying to stab him, he did a quick spin, full of speed and dexterity, and used his chain to entangle the blades but leaving room to try and wrap the chain around Nic's neck. He used his superior speed to gain an upper hand, but did not know if it would work.

Growling a bit, he closed his eyes and endured the pain of his expanding muscles. Opening them, the golden eyes stared into Nic's with those similar to a cat's. "Sir Nic, I must apologize but we should cut this short. While I'd like to rebut what you have said...the heat of battle has proved-rgh!-too much for me. I need to calm down..." while he was far from becoming his Wolf form, he did know that the feral side effects came far before his wolf form.

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
The chain wrapped around his neck, and Nicholas was prepared to yank hard on it and pull his enemy back into another stab when Geoff declared his intent on a truce.

"Can you keep it under control?" He asked as he dusted himself off and rose to his feet. With the battle threatening to escalate, he made sure every movement was slow and deliberate. He waited for a long moment to ensure Geoff had plenty of time and space.

After a few minutes, he sheathed his blades and raised both hands in a calming gesture. "You fought very well." He said gently. "Truth be told, I'm glad it's over. This is my third fight this week. I couldn't have taken another loss."

Back to top Go down

Jensen
Jensen struggled a bit and distanced himself, wrapping his chain around his arm once more as he took deep breaths to avoid letting out the silver beast within him. 'Twas a wicked curse placed upon him by his turned father...but he had to live with it. Rumors arouse that some could master it, but the werewolves that assaulted them were the ones who could not and eventually lost it forever to the wolf form. He looked at Nic, nodding in signal that he was okay. His muscles resumed their normal width and mass, and he soon calmed. "I can control it, but to a degree. I've heard there are ways to gain dominance over the wolf within, but you're lucky I cut the battle short." the result would have been either a mangled knight or a slain wolf, for his bloodlust is uncontrollable while in the primal form of a wolf. "I had my chain around your throat, you may be a burly knight but you know even all the strength in the world is nothing without air. Especially with a wolf's force behind it. You're a knight, I'm a hunter. I don't resort to brute force entirely." he said, chuckling at the irony.

He knew that being a were-wolf meant that there was a push for the use of force due to his animalistic nature. "I appreciate the battle, I knew it would happen I just didn't know when. They call me a Wolf-Cleric but I don't see it...yet. Now that we've had our rounds," Geoff made his way for his sword he had lost early on, picking it up and returning it to the sheath. "I feel as if there is a proposition to be made. I'm a monster hunter, it's what I'm born to do. Raised to do. I need a companion, I need a team. You are a strong and good fighter, but you are also strong enough to keep me from turning, no doubt. But it'll take the strength of more than one to chain me down. This chain I have? It is perfect for tying me up. Strong, cold steel crafted by fine blacksmiths." he said, showing off his chain. "Actually have it to tie myself to something strong when I can't control myself. And if you accept being my partner, I do have quirks to warn about. Like full moons, of course."

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas
"A team, huh?" Jameson said, crossing his arms with an amused grin. "Kill monsters? Work with you, and possibly others? Sounds good to me. You got yourself a deal, Jensen." He reached out and took the Wolf-Cleric's hand and shook it firmly. "If you'll stand at my back, I'll raise my shield in your defense so that the world will never overtake us."

As if on cue, there was a rumbling sound, followed by strange moans from inhuman throats. From alleyways or from the sewers, or around buildings - from behind every corner in fact, dozens of plague-riddled creatures marched against the pair.

Green blotched skin and yellowed eyes filled every corner of Jameson's vision as more and more of them appeared. Although he had been inoculated against the sensation of fear, there came the sudden fight-or-flight response inherent in all living things as the mobs surrounded them.

Instinctively he summoned both Godsend and Templar's Cross, though he wasn't sure how much good the shield would do against such a massive number of foes. Mentally he made note of each of his companion's weapons and he was sure the Wolf-Cleric had others, maybe even a few that were specialized in the destruction of Memories. These were called The Imagined, he recalled.

They were the monsters born from the nightmares of madmen. Meant to represent the worst, most primal of fears: Death itself, except they were like the walking dead rather than the concept. They were mindless and entirely without thought or feeling.

At least thirty of them closed in on the pair, and Jameson found himself standing at Jensen's back with both weapons upraised.

"Damn. Looks like we'll have our first test, right here and now." He said over his shoulder. "I think perhaps our fight attracted them. These 'Memories' are drawn to strong thought and emotion like sharks to blood."

When the first of the creatures attacked, its seemingly frail limbs reaching for him - Jameson struck hard and cut into the rotten flesh. Godsend bit into the cadaver's neck and severed it right at the jugular.

"Aim for their heads or necks." He called. "That's the only way to stop them!"

He blocked the next attack with his shield and forced his opponents back with a hard shove. The creatures tumbled and fell into each other - some mercifully collapsed into a heap.

That wouldn't stop them for long, but it would buy some time.

"With a group this large, there's surely a Feared - a massive corpse-like creature that commands them, somewhere nearby. First though, we have to take out the small fry."

And with that, he stood his ground - ready to fight side-by-side with his new companion.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top