Julian
July 14th 2017, 8:13 pm
OneWingedDemon

Eric Glint (WIP)
July 14th 2017, 11:43 am
Eric Glint

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Belysa
A fascinating place, Belysa noted. The ivory walls and azure, sloping tiles of the mighty castle of the former King, Mickey, held many secrets...not only of its first owner, but its second. The false Keyblade Master was one who believed heavily in legends. Was it not once legend that the world had been by itself, and yet she had survived the decline of Radiant Garden long enough to see it reborn from its ashes? Was it not once a mere fable that the Keyblade itself existed, and yet there had been several Keyblade Masters who had appeared from (and just as suddenly vanished into) the abyss?

And so it was not put past the leader of the Pure to investigate the matters of the infamous Guardians of Restoration. Though brief in their endeavors and quiet in times of peace, the mythos of these four persons still rung true to those who had lived through the time, and witnessed their dawn...as well as their dusk. Two of their numbers supposedly had held Keyblades themselves...though that matter was not entirely ascertained. Belysa had been told that more information could be found about these individuals in more obscure places....a cave made of silver in a place called Atlantica, the tower once held by Yen Sid, in Twilight Town, the Old Mansion that resided in the same world....A hidden trove, in Port Royal, that was said to contain the notes of one of their leaders...They had all been so general with their locations that Belysa had thus far, found nothing to support her quest for power.

There were few individuals lurking around the castle. It had been deserted for some while now. With no member of royalty to lord of it now for a long period of time, Belysa almost wondered if she could transform this place into a base of operations...after all it would be a difficult matter indeed to invade a world with darkness where the Cornerstone of Light resided. Her bootsteps were muffled ever-so slightly by the emerald grass as she trudged through the...strangely immaculate gardens. The false prophet took notice of a rather peculiar sight, cocking an eyebrow at the strangeness as she paused in her mission.
Belysa knelt down, gently touching the petals of a bright blue lily. How unusual...lilies traditionally did not grow in such a strange hue, and yet here in the castle gardens, there seemed to be a large number of them.

Shrugging off the notion, the woman continued her brisk pace, her eyes darting for signs of others in her presence, and feeling secure enough to keep on her path. The former King of this place would have surely left some memento, somewhere...no matter how long it had been since someone had sat on his throne.
Belysa was not seeking anything from King Mickey. She discarded the very idea that he held a Keyblade, let alone one from the Realm of Darkness....such a thought made her sick to her very core, and forced her to bristle with malice. No...she was looking for a token from its next owner...a creature who had once been known simply as 'Xeremij'.

It was rumored he had possessed the means to hold a Keyblade. It was disgusting to think about to her, that a being of both light and dark could even dare to muster such an ability...But perhaps there was some manner of clue to ensure that she, too, would find a way of doing the same. It was a hunger, a palpable desire, a ferocious, lustful dream of hers to obtain the Key of Light...to smite her foes, to banish the darkness away, forever, and destroy any trace of it so much as left lingering in the worlds. The realms, all of them, would be brought to an era of peace...she would succeed where Sora, the boy Keyblader, and his allies had failed. She would be the savior of all worlds.

Belysa nearly missed her turn as her head reveled in the clouds of her fruitful imagination. Spinning on her heel, she whirled, and continued down until she paused in front of the doors of the library, heaving them open with a grunt. An impressive thud let her know they'd allowed her to pass, walking into the area with her nose wrinkled slightly. The place was a dust-covered disaster of a room...it seemed nobody had trekked into this particular section of the castle in several years. Thousands of books lined every shelf of every wall, some as thick as five bricks, others the size of mere folders, all in dulled hues of the rainbow....it was a trove of information just waiting to be cracked. Belysa's insides writhed in pleasure, feeling as though she'd hit the jackpot, and a little relieved that none had come here before her. How peculiar, she thought to herself, that nobody would so much as glance into this place...if anything that her husband had taught her in their brief time together, it was that knowledge was the key to power.
Ha. Key.

Waving the thoughts of amusement to the side with a shrug, Belysa scanned the shelves patiently, her eyes boring into the spines of every novel she could find. Her steps echoed, ghostly, across the hall as she continued her search...hoping perhaps she might find something of use to her glorious mission.

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

All RP's with Belysa in them are SUSPENDED for activity until further notice.
[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
OOC: I apologize for not posting in this topic, I never saw it before today and I wish I would have. It seems that this would have been a great thread to be a part of.

Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Founder of the Guardians of Restoration
The Ruthless Guardian of Storms

Back to top Go down

Belysa
((...if it makes you feel better? I legitimately forgot I'd even posted this.))

"Complaining about people complaining always fixes major issues! Let's do that instead of trying to find a collective solution by talking it out amongst ourselves as a community and point fingers instead of taking responsibility for our actions! While we're at it, let's attempt to satirize and/or demonize everybody who attempt to make a suggestion! Man, we are way better at this than those other people with experience who are trying to help!"

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
OOC: Would you care to start it back up?

Date Joined: September 3, 2007  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t6153-leo-s-post-count#55808

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
Eh, sure why not.

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
Like a ghost, his shadowing figure approached the realm of his origins...His life had become a burden of sorts...everything he had once loved seemed to vanish; all of his family, friends, the Guardians of Restoration...all of his wealth had been stripped away long ago, his ship lay at the bottom of the sea, his crew murdered...now all that remained was the old sea dog himself...Cap'n Leo.

Somehow he had found himself washed upon the isle of Disney Castle.  He once knew the ruler, the king of this realm, yet from the looks of it, it had long been abandoned..Xerimij for all he knew had long been dead.

His black cloak shrouded his body, the hood hiding his scarred face as he walked up to the once magnificent doors of the castle.  His cold hands gripped the handles, his biceps tensing up as he forced open the doors that probably had not seen any visitors in a decade or better.

As his right foot landed inside the enormous building, he lowered his hood, his emerald eyes searching out each shadow, each corner of the main lobby.  This was once the place where they had held parties, dances, drinks all around...and now the floors were covered in dirt, leaves...pictures that once hung upon the walls lay in pieces along the hallways.

The half-wolf began to stroll deeper into the castle, imagining what this place was like back in his prime, back in the glory days.  He then came to an opened door.  He could see a dim light that cast shadows upon the walls.  His figure pressed against the wooden door, his shoulder pushing it open to its fullest.  It was then that his eyes fell upon another being...

"Scavenging in a dead man's home...classy." his dark piratic voice rang out as he took another step into the room.

His eyes looked at all the room had to offer.  Books placed on shelves all around.  There was no telling what kind of wisdom and knowledge could be found in all of the pages...

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
The woman's eyes scanned the shelves, eagerly looking for a hidden treasure. Surely there was some manner, some method, to obtaining a Keyblade--a real Keyblade--to further study and replicate. With a single Keyblade, as history had shown, one could keep the Darkness in the worlds at bay...But with an ARMY of Keyblades...
With an ARMY of Keyblades one could destroy the Darkness and all those who worshiped its evil. She would find some manner, some weapon, some method to ensuring the innocent no longer suffered at the hands of their indestructible tyrants.

Her hunger and greed were almost over-consuming in her facial expression alone as she darted from section to section. Belysa could feel her body quiver with excitement at the prospect of finally obtaining what she and the worlds truly needed...a Keyblade Master unlike all who had ever been: herself.

Suddenly, words ran out from a voice belonging to a man she had not noticed enter. The seemingly abandoned castle was no longer her place of refuge alone it seemed. The False Keyblade Master silently thanked her instincts for keeping her helmet on her head; her features were kept hidden behind an inanimate mask of gold and ebony.
He was a tall man, scarred and looking exceedingly scruffy. Belysa's immediate impression was that this man was a thug, or a pirate of some means, and was put off by someone of that nature. His tone was half disgusted, and half threatening...she didn't like it. There was an edge to it, as if this man had seen more combat and chaos than she could imagine...mostly because he had..

She put a hand to her waist, quite prepared to engage in combat should she need to. The fake prophet stilled her momentary fear, and kept her voice hard, cold, and neutral.
"I have no business with you, peddler. My sights are upon discovering means to a greater end, not a scruffy whelp. Unless you have want to pick a fight with a Keyblade Master, you'll turn about and leave at once."

Belysa was not in the mood to deal with him right now...more pressing matters were to be had. She needed this information. She needed to understand how it was this so-called King had claimed his Keyblade. The more she knew...the more likely it was she could replicate the features and capabilities of a Keyblade, distribute them to her forces...and take down all Darkness for all time.

An age of permanent peace.

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
"Peddler? Is that what this cruel world has reduced me to?" he softly spoke as her words sank in to the depths of his ears.

He found it quite surprising that she called herself a keyblade master. He had not heard those words in a solid decade or more. Keyblade masters...the keepers of peace, the ones to bring balance to a realm full of chaos. More realms than not were in dire need of such beings that could restore order, but sadly most of the keyblade wielders now a days were sissies compared to the masters of legend...the ones now would rather be out fulfilling their own desires than bringing about peace and tranquility.

Yet what could it be that would bring a 'master' into the depths of this darkened corridor? His eyes noted her aggression; she was obviously focused on a certain task. He found her agitation to be slightly amusing at first.

He chose to ignore her slight insults and take two more steps forward, his eyes still racing through shelf after shelf of the vast collection of books.

"And what is it that a keyblade master desires in the abandoned castle of Xeremij?"

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
Though she hardly cared if he were hurting the man's feelings, a sudden recognition of a name caught her interest. He mentioned the former owner of this castle, this world, by a first name--not by a 'majesty' as most people might have--was it...even possible that one of the number she'd been seeking...stood before her now?

Her greed was more than she could contain, and the words found themselves spilling from her mouth before Belysa could even consider her actions. Her hand dropped from her blade, head cocked to the side in great interest.
"...I came here in hopes there might be knowledge I could use to aid in my quest."
The woman took a deep bow. "Forgive me, I spoke in fear more than truth. I am Belysa, Keyblade Master, and leader of the House of Light."

Her attention returned back to the thousands of books laying before them, and she motioned to them in frustration.
"I was in high hopes that perhaps the King Xeremij had some means of notes he'd taken of his fellow Guardians...Myth would have many believe that two of their number held a Keyblade of their own at one point. It would be foolish to ignore wisdom, no matter where it hails from." The false Keyblade Master paused, rubbing at her chin.
"But I am having difficulty locating anything personal in this collection. I could learn a great deal, I'm sure...I have searched as many places as I could find, looking for traces of these people...yet they seem to have all but vanished. You mentioned the former King by his first name..." She mentioned, thinking aloud. It was intended to get his attention and admit what he knew to her. "Strange...do you know of the old King, sir?"

She would have her hands on the Keyblade, the true Keyblade, or she would die trying to grasp it.

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
It surprised him even further when the woman took a bow as she introduced herself as a proper lady. His arms folded across his chest as his eyes studied her every movement.

"Belysa...lovely name..." his mouth gave birth to a slight compliment whilst his eyes never left their target.

"Name's Cap'n Smith." he introduced himself as such out of mere habit...with his ship resting upon the bottom of the sea and his crew imprisoned in the depths of Hades; perhaps he was no longer the captain...perhaps now he was just...Leo.

He listened intently to the remainder of her words. She seemed to be interested in the keyblade topic as well as finding Xerimij's personal notes.

"T'would be safe to say that Xeremij and I knew each other..."

He then recalled the vast amount of memories with the old King. Xeremij was one of the first people that Leo came to know after his awakening on the isle of Destiny. He had fought by his side during the war, as well as countless battles during the reign of the Guardians.

"A king's personal notes would not be found in such a public place as the castle library madam..." he spoke elegantly; a bit of the old Leo shining through the rough scalawag that stood before her now.

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
The wicked woman paused in her thoughts, quietly listening to the scraggly man go on about what he knew. Her temper was beginning to shed slightly. This Captain Smith, as he called himself...was hardly giving her anything to work with save a few enigmatic hints here and there. Still, she kept her appearance up, nodding understandingly. It was easy to hide her emotions thanks to her armor, though she had to go out of her way to make motions in order to convey feelings she wanted people to see.

"I appreciate your kindness, Captain," she said coolly, keeping her tone sharply professional. "It's not often I get compliments, given that there's little to say of my physical features." Jokingly, Belysa motioned to her armor.
"I must have this information. It is imperative to the goals of the House of Light. The more holders of the Keyblade there are fighting against the Dark and those who support it, the more likely the chances for an era of eternal peace."

Keeping her emotion in check, but only just, Belysa leaned in closely to the scruff man standing before her.
"I will do what I need to, to ensure that the innocent remain safe from that plague, Captain Smith. If you have information on the King, Xeremij...I would appreciate any advice you have to give."

((I don't always write walls of text, but when I do....it's not in this topic, apparently.))

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
He grinned as she pointed towards her armor, making a joke about her appearance. "The armor does leave quite a bit to the imagination.."

She carried on, explaining her desire for information. He had never heard of the House of Light, but of course he had been in the realm of darkness for the past decade. It was safe to say that things could have possibly changed while he was away.

"If an eternal age of peace is what you seek...you're on a fool's mission. Even if there is always the smallest trace of light, there will always be shadows."

He kept his composure as she moved closer, standing up a bit straighter than before, gazing down at her lips as she spoke. He was unsure of her meaning at the moment, but one thing was for sure, she truly desired more information on not only his old friend the King, but keyblades.

"And how could information on Xeremij or even information on keyblades bring about this eternal peace?" he asked in a low tone.

OOC:No matter the length, it's all about quality.

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
The False Prophet grinned at the comment, nodding through her helm.
"That's the intent, Captain. I am if nothing else, a woman who holds the honor of being a Keybearer in high esteem. Traditionally, a Keyblade Warrior would don these garments to protect themselves from..." Inadvertently, her lip curled at the thought. "Foreign matters. As such, I cannot remove my armor until my task is at its end. I am progressing, but not quickly enough."
That of course, was a lie. She'd removed her helmet every chance she'd been able to. She was no Keyblade Master, but rumors that had been crafted made her out to be a figure larger than life--not nearly as widely known as Sora, but quite legendary in her own, fictional right.

The raggedy gentleman's opinion on Darkness struck a chord on Belysa's fury. She WOULD rid the worlds of these plagues. There WAS a way, and the Keyblade was the answer. She simply needed to know how to craft her own, and all of its power would finally be hers to wield against those who stood against her and the House of Light...

"Darkness is a pestilence on these worlds and the innocent people who reside in them," Belysa informed him, her tone making glaciers look like a furnace. "It is my sworn oath as a Keyblade Master to ensure it is sent back and sealed for all time."
Her intent was destroying it, but there was no arguing with the foolish. People continued to insist that there was no Light without Darkness--it was an idiotic venture in her opinion.

To further illustrate her point, the synthesizer drew out her own weapon, flourishing it from its sheath. The Radical Faith was only a sword--but its appearance and design were so alike a Keyblade's that only a wielder could have been able to tell otherwise. As far as she was aware, Belysa was the only "Keyblade Warrior" traveling the worlds...but assuredly, it was too great a chance to simply assume she was alone. If she could not find a Keyblade of her own, or somehow craft one from her own making, she was simply...going to have to get creative.

Belysa did not want to take a Keyblade by force from one who had been deemed worthy of holding it...but if they were not going to use it...she was more than happy to oblige. This trip had dual purpose. If the malicious woman couldn't find notes on the Keyblade itself here...there was a chance that there was a hint on where either Xeremij or the other Keybearer amongst the Guardian's number had vanished to...

"The Keyblade," The other replied, her thoughts snapping back to the subject at hand, "is the ultimate weapon of light. I had high hopes there might be some means as to forge more of them, and bring enough Keyblade Warriors together as one to forever lock away the Darkness back within its own realm, just as Kingdom Hearts herself was sealed away in the very blackest abyss..."
She bowed her head, sighing for effect. If this man knew something...she was going to try everything and anything to obtain it. There were no lines she wouldn't cross--even killing him wasn't too far off her mind--but it was better to see if she could convert him to her side rather than spill blood foolishly.
"This is my destiny, I know it. I must find what I seek, for the good of all." Belysa told him, putting as much pitiful sorrow into her tone as she could muster without sounding pathetic.

In her quest to demolish the Darkness, there was no sacrifice too great for her. Revenge was a fuel she all too often drained.

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
The cloaked warrior remained silent as his eyes drifted from her lips back to her eyes...to and fro. Her words fell upon his pointed ears; Leo soaking in each one individually. It was obvious which side of the spectrum she had aligned herself with. Had it been a decade or so sooner, Leo himself would be searching out for ways to rid the worlds of all darkness...yet he had changed...no longer was he the warrior of light, the bringer of hope, the seeker of peace...no...he was no more than a cloaked half-wolf that had escaped death more times than even he deserved...one whom escaped the very Realm of Darkness; a place of solace and depression, a place which once was a prison that grew to be a home...

As thoughts raged throughout his mind she drew her weapon. At first, out of sheer habit, Leo placed his hand behind his back as particles of darkness began to swarm silently around it, just awaiting for the opportunity to summon Guardian Soul...his trusted keyblade that had become his ally years ago...yet he would learn that she meant no harm...at least for now.

His emerald eyes studied the blade that was just inches from his face. He noticed the flaws, yet the craftsmanship was remarkable. Belysa obviously put in countless hours in forging the weapon.

"Creating more keyblades? his gruff voice questioned..."I'm not certain that would be a grand idea...someone with that kind of control over an entire keyblade army...why, they would have the power to rule the galaxy if they chose."

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
((OH GOD YOU'RE A DARK KEYBLADER. SHIT GONNA GET REAL.))

Belysa unknowingly bit at her lip, trying to hold her opinions into place, her face twisting into rage behind her helm. How dare he insinuate that she were little more than a conquerer!? It was she who was trying to save the worlds from the Heartless, from the Nobodies, and prevent them from ever returning again! By sealing the Darkness away, by destroying it forever, the people would be safe from their greedy hunger for all time.

There would never be another Joxor, another Yvelta...another Saul. No more of the innocent would perish at the hands of that disgusting plague.

"I have no intentions on controlling anything!" The false Keyblade Master snapped, her voice on the very pinnacle of breaking. Suddenly realizing her control had been relinquished to her emotions for that moment, Belysa took a breath, calming herself, but still keeping her tone steely and harsh. That much was true--she had no thoughts of domination--once this was over...she might be able to return, back to her Item Shop, back to crafting again....maybe, just maybe, Maria L'Blanc could move on with her life.
"Once this foul deformity is rid of, I mean to destroy those Keyblades, or return them to a place said to exist only in the most obscure of legends..." She crossed her arms, shrugging. "It is known in the lore of the Keyblade Warriors as the 'Graveyard' of Keyblades--a place where a terrible battle was held long ago, when the worlds were once one. I intend to prevent such a thing from ever happening again. Until such time as the Keyblade should reappear again, they will be cast away back to that sacred resting place, away from those who might abuse its power." Her eyes bore right into his own, determination a white hot flame, glittering. "There will not be a second Keyblade War. Never again."

This time, Belysa came so close that their chests were practically touching. It was taking quite a lot of concentration just to keep herself from grasping this fool of a man by the scruff of his neck and choke-slamming him into the dusty floor.
"I need this information. If you have it, if you have any, I want it. I will do whatever it takes."

Including kill you for it.

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
(You must've forgotten, I've had a keyblade since the time of the Guardians 😝)

He had officially and quite unintentionally struck a chord as she became irate about the situation at hand. A sly grin formed upon his lips as she continued speaking in a harsh tone, expressing her concern for the worlds.

It was then that she stepped in even closer to the half wolf. Were it not for her armor he would be able to feel her warm body pressing against his, yet it was the cold touch of the armor that became present upon his mind.

"Madam...as tempted as I am to propose a proposition, a trade of sorts...I no longer fight for the light...you see, once upon a time, many moons ago, before my season of piracy and wickedness, I was a knight. Yet through certain strange and rather unfortunate events of such we should not discuss, my motives have changed and now I am a weapon of shadows of sorts." he carried on with a somewhat chipper voice, leaning in close enough that his nose almost pressed against the cool helmet of Belysa.

The pirate then stepped around Belysa and walked over to the window that overlooked the courtyard. He gazed down at the once beautiful place that was now covered with overgrown bushes and weeds. "You know...you are a lot like Xeremij. He had the same beliefs as you...that good would always conquer...that one day we would be rid of all evil..." he had calmed down considerably and spoke with understanding this time. A part of him wanted to give her the information she desired...the old Leo...but his dark side had grown strong, reaching out to every corner of his heart and binding his very spirit.

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
(I completely forgot. Was Terradagger really the only one of us who didn't have a Keyblade? ._.)

Weapon of shadows.
That was literally the only thing she needed to hear. Belysa could feel her blood pounding in her ears. Her heart was racing. Without even realizing it, she'd taken a step back, as if being within his proximity somehow made the Darkness contagious. How was it he'd so well hidden his affliction?
No wonder he'd been so keen on understanding her motives...he was obviously here to prevent her from progressing...The harbingers of the Dark *FEARED* her. They feared what she was capable of, terrified of the thought that Belysa would discover the means to defeating them.

...So the Keyblade Army WAS the key to defeating them...Those fools had played their hands by sending this assassin to try and end her search. Now she knew that this was what she was destined to do. The Dark ones feared what the House of Light might do with an Army of Keybearers...and they had sent this Captain to stop her.
...now she was going to ensure she got her hands on a true Keyblade.

The False Keyblade Master's teeth were on edge, and again, the Radical Faith found itself out of its sheath...this time, pointing menacingly at the man's scraggly throat.

She needed him alive. If it had been any other, they would have already been dead. But he knew something--Belysa could feel it--about the Keyblade Master who had once been King here. He had called the former King by his first name--his Nobody name--Xeremij. This Captain had information that she, whether or not he was an agent of the Darkness, needed.
And she was just willing enough to allow him to live in order to get it.

"Hold," Belysa snarled, her words coated with venomous fury. "Your corruption defies all I stand for...The heart you bear is swarming in Darkness! Perhaps you were a knight, but now...you are a beast." She glared hard at the male before her now, all of her practically stone in both firmness and form. "It is not too late to bring yourself to salvation, Captain. I can cleanse your wretched soul from this foul plague eating away at you...Either submit to the will of the light...or be purged by it completely."

Truthfully however, Maria was panicked. She had never fought an agent of Darkness--she had barely any experience in fighting against the Heartless themselves, let alone anything as powerful as a legitimate human being with the ability to harness the power of her enemies. Fear was consuming her bravery now, and her beating heart now climbed a slippery slope up her throat.

But if he would not yield, she would go through with running him down....it would not be the first soul she'd slain tainted by Darkness....it wouldn't be the last if she had anything to say about it. Belysa had no idea what she could even do if he did submit to her...but anything was better than allowing this one sliver of information, this singular hope of unlocking what she required...to slip away.

If this lurker of the shadows knew anything of the Keyblade, or its owners, the False Prophet was not beneath doing what was needed to ensure she would understand his knowledge as well...

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
OOC: I believe so.

His pointed ears twitched as the sound waves of her blade being drawn once more rang out. His eyes flashed from emerald green to a shade of amber red as his head turned towards her direction. "Salvation you say? Madam...some beings are destined to walk in darkness. I was denying my true being as a knight. Now, I do not hide from what I am...I've embraced the abyss. Yet do not be fooled. Just because someone or something is composed of darkness, something you know nothing of, does not mean they are composed of evil. There is a difference. "

Leo turned around slowly. Upon the left side of his cloak one could faintly see the Guardians crest from a lifetime ago. It had been warn and tattered yet the outline was still present.

He extended his right hand parallel to the ground as particles of darkness swarmed around it like a tornado. The particles stretched out the full length of his weapon as his Guardians Soul keyblade began to materialize.

"The pure of heart are not the only ones that can wield a keyblade. But Come now love...do you really think this wise?...crossing blades with a fiend such as I?" he questioned in a taunting fashion, knowing that if she truly fought for the house of light, she had no other choice but to fight him. It was her swarn duty to rid the galaxy of each shadow, each form of darkness.

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
Fool. Damn him! She wasn't giving him an option now. The sadist was even smiling about it. The Darkness truly had corrupted any sanity he might have had. Belysa almost felt her stomach churn as he tried to fend off the foul pestilence as 'good'.
There was nothing honorable or redeemable about the Darkness. There was no kindness or mercy from the Heartless. The Nobodies did not care for what they destroyed or killed. The black abyss swallowed everything good and decent in the worlds in its unending gluttony. It corrupted hearts and minds, turning people who had been good against their dearest friends. The Realm of Darkness had once been sealed for a purpose...

Because it needed to be shut. The Darkness had no place here in this sacred Realm of Light, and Belysa was all too eager to carry out the true state of the worlds by her own hands.

The Darkness wasn't evil...Tell that to all of her friends and loved ones she'd watched perish that fateful day in the Radiant Garden! Explain to her parents, why their death wasn't all 'evil.' ...Let her husband know that the Heartless who'd taken him from her 'weren't all that bad.'
There was nothing 'good' about the Darkness. There were no redeeming features to it...and anybody who supported otherwise merely turned a blind eye to the truth--the Realm of Light and the Realm of Darkness were never meant to coexist. One or the other would have to be destroyed. The Heartless were seeing to it that their beloved home fell into their rule...

And so Belysa would see to it that their wretched Realm of Darkness was engulfed in pure light for the rest of eternity.

Behind her helm, her hazel eyes fell upon the crest. It'd been present through most of the older parts of the castle, and it was only until now that the woman understood its importance--it was the Guardian of Restoration's Crest of Membership. Disney Town had been its home base, and it was understandable why it would be so present through the sections of the castle less visited by King Mickey...
Shuffling through her mind, Belysa tried to figure out who this man really was. She knew for a fact that Xeremij and Terradagger, two of the founders, were gone. Either he was Rosse--an obscure name she'd recovered while searching in Atlantica's Silver Caverns--or he was 'The Lion of Storms' that she'd come across in a few scattered notes laying in Twilight Town's Old Mansion.

"You were no knight," The fake spat, her anger out in full sun. "You were a Guardian yourself! You shame your allies with your alliance to this disgusting infection! Do you think they would wish for you to walk in the same shade that threatens all that you swore to protect!?"

And then...he drew his weapon.
There was no denying he was stronger than she--most people were--Belysa had only achieved her power through vigorous training, fueled by her desires to seek vengeance on the Darkness for what they'd done to her beloved Radiant Garden. It hadn't been apparent when he'd first entered, but the more he'd interacted with her, the more it had become clear to the False Keyblade Master that she was outmatched. His experience in combat and potential power output were going to positively flatten her if she engaged him directly.

But he had a Keyblade.
At first, Belysa's heart dropped down to the bottom of her stomach. Once again, a Keyblade Warrior of Darkness had resurfaced, just as they had long ago in the glorious times of Kingdom Hearts. Now it was destined they might do battle...History again repeated its cruel course.
"You arrogant fool!" Belysa practically screamed. "Has the Darkness so twisted your mind? The Keyblade ONLY appears to the pure of Heart! You can still be rectified from your error of following a path of shade! If the Keyblade still obeys you, it is because it senses your purity only! Enough of this--Would you fail your friends now, fail in a chance for redemption?! You swore to protect the innocent yet you frolic in the very thing that threatens all of them!"

She was straining to control her instincts now--the raging fury that would have normally dictated her to rush her blade through his sternum was only just on the pinnacle of being unleashed--the woman who had once been Maria L'Blanc could hardly keep it contained, and yet she knew she could not face him head to head. Carefully, she tapped the button on her wrist that activated her Mana Drive, subtly preparing for what she was sure would be an inevitable clash.
"You claim to have known the other Guardians...Would you think them so proud of what you've become, Rosse? Do you believe they would welcome you fondly again, or cherish that which you have accomplished? You have FAILED in your promise to protect people! You who were considered worthy of joining their ranks, reduced to this! Let me free you from your curse, Guardian. Submit to the cleansing light, and be at peace!"
Belysa had only thrown the name Rosse out at him to get a reaction. Either he would claim not to be him, (which would make him the supposed 'Lion of Storms') or he had simply been lying to her the whole time and it would be less of a bother to murder him and take his Keyblade for her own.

But her Mana Drive was charging...and quite soon, she would be ready to do just that.

((Mana Drive Activated: Spellcasting now available.))

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
She questioned whether the other guardians would approve of his current choice of path which caused his nostrils to flare, his eyebrows curling as his fangs began to show.

"I fought alongside the Guardians since the beginning...fighting through each hell hole to deminish every shadow and trace of darkness...then one day I wake up, alone and imprisoned in the Realm of Darkness for more than ten years. I escaped there only to be ambushed and doomed to Davy Jones Locker...a year later when I finally found my way out...I find my guardians to be no more...I searched for days on end, tracking down each one and found them to either be missing or dead...You tell me what's the point of fighting for the light if that's the thanks I get?"

He was obviously passionate about the subject at hand. Years of his life given up for the cause of light and he had nothing but his old keyblade to show for it.

It was then that she mentioned the name Rosse...she had mistakenly called him by it, yet that's not what caught his attention. Rose...one of the founding members...the one he had helped to train, the one whom he had grown to love...the one he still hoped was out there.

"Where have you heard of the name Rose?"he questioned in hopes that Belysa might shed some light on Rose's whereabouts if she were still out there somewhere.

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
He seemed to be bothered by her mentioning the other Guardians...so he WAS one of their more emotionally invested members...excellent. That gave her something to run with.

"Was it Light that struck sorrow in your life, Captain? Or was it the very Darkness that you seek shelter in that might have caused such a blight on you? The Darkness is quite well versed in causing chaos and strife in the lives of those who protect goodness and innocence. There are no tales in which happy endings stem from eternal night, Smith..."

What she knew of the old foundation was a collection of old stories and rumors. Of course, it was what her own image was based on, and much speculation that had been her childhood turned out to be factual. With that in mind, Belysa assumed all that she heard about mystery and legend to have some foundation of fact behind them...including what she'd gathered on the GoR.

Supposedly this group had been founded by four individuals at the end of a terrible war--Xeremij, the Nobody Behemoth, Terradagger, the Wise Magician, an individual named Rosse who held dominion over Twilight Town, and a Lion of the Storms. They were protectors of the worlds and their peoples, and yet they'd fallen apart somehow. Xeremij had been rumored to be dead. Terradagger had also seemed to pass. Nobody had seen Rosse in several years, according to the scattered remains within the Old Mansion, and the Lion of Storms was composed more of mention and myth than actually existing--there were so few accounts of this person being around that it was difficult to observe who they were and if they were even still alive.

Immediately she felt foolish. This Captain *was* the 'Lion of Storms'. Leo Smith--Leo as another word for Lion--He was more than a mere member of the old order, he was a FOUNDER.
...a founder and a Keyblade Bearer.

It caught her attention that he seemed more interested in the name she'd mistakenly called him by--Rosse. He pronounced it "Rose". He knew them personally. Well of course he knew them personally--they were a founding member of the Guardians, and so was Smith here. But he definitely appeared more concerned in the mention of that name, than when she'd mentioned Xeremij...
There was something to be used here...

Belysa didn't move her weapon, but her stance lessened in tension slightly.
"I gathered that name while I searched through Atlantica's Silver Caves, and within a few spaces in a place called the Old Mansion..." She trailed off, dramatically, rubbing her chin. "But I've had no fortune in running into this individual...as I understand, they too held a Keyblade...but the results of any information have come as inconclusive to their whereabouts."
She paused again, this time making sure that the suspense in the air was rife with anticipation. Rose. Obviously a girl's name. Probably an emotional connection...Extremely personal...very close to his affections if he were so pained with concern for how she knew her.

Perfect.

"Hm...You knew Rose quite well, aye?" Belysa questioned, her tone becoming excitedly hungry without even realizing it, circling around Smith with carefully placed steps. She could tell the other was practically squirming with the guilt now. "Ah, you did, didn't you? You two were close...I'm willing to wager you may have even loved her..."
The Keyblade Master stopped in her tracks, ceasing for effect. "And the fact you went against the cause she cared so deeply for must be eating you alive, Leo...I wonder what she'd think if she saw you in this state."
Now that she knew there was a weak chink in his armor, there was no keeping her down. Belysa was determined to have him broken and chained to her will, and there were no lengths she wasn't willing to go to get there. She could practically FEEL the Keyblade in her hands now...she could almost see her army of Light, sealing and destroying the Darkness for all eternity...A glorious future, brought by her--the TRUE Keyblade Master!

All she had to do...was break him. Make him talk. Make him submit to the Light...make him a new warrior against the Darkness. He would recant his disease or he would die.

The woman glared at him, hard, through the ebony glass of her helm. One more chance, and she was finished with him. It wouldn't be hard to finish him off with Goliath on her side.
"You're not too far gone, Guardian," she told him, emphasizing on the title. "Fight for her memory, if nothing more. Denounce this Darkness within yourself, and live to create the world you and your friends once held dear. Help me fight off this plague, and I will do all in my power to aid you in finding your dear Rose once again."

Very slowly, Belysa extended a hand. Part of her was hesitant on touching a man so plagued by the Darkness, but if it was a method to reaching her goals...she was willing to do it.
"All you must do is cast away your Darkness. The Light and Rose beckon you back home."

((...I'm doing my Ansem impression! "Submit to the BRIGHTNESS!!!!!"))

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Leo
The Old Mansion...oh how that brought such find memories racing back into his mind. It was one of the many gathering places for not only the Guardians, but the place where he had met Lady Rose on so many occasions.

"The old mansion? I know it well.."

Belysa began to go more in depth about Rose. She was reading him like a book as she mentioned how he must have loved her. There was no denying his love for her. He would always hold her dear to his heart.

"I just figured if I couldn't live in the light with Madam Rose, it would be easier to die alone in the darkness..." his eyes dulled back to their usual emerald shade. They would hold the slightest bit of moisture as his heart began to sink in his chest; realizing what he had become.

The once proclaimed guardian then turned around once more to face the window. As he did so, his keyblade vanished once again as he was no longer hopeful of a battle. He was very tempted to go crawl into the deepest bottle of rum he could find and cast away all of his emotions. Surely it was the easier thing to do...to escape reality, to escape the pain and torture he felt inside with the knowledge that all of his friends and fellow guardians...his love...was gone without a trace.

"I tried everything I could to find her...I searched the entire galaxy over and couldn't find the slightest trace. The other guardians were gone as well...I've lived so long with the pain of the unknown... he spoke as his eyes slowly ran across the courtyard's horizon. Though it was overgrown and unkept he still found beauty lying just outside the glass window.

((Oh no not le Ansem :p))

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
((*flails* "BRIGHTNESS! RECANT"  >_> Plus you know Billy Zane Ansem is my fetish, 4real.))

Through her helm, Belysa was grinning hellishly. If she could have only seen her own face as she fed off this broken man's reactions, the woman might have recoiled from terror at what she'd become. But there were no mirrors here, and there was no way for her to see her own reflection through the mask she wore.
He wasn't denying anything. Her hunches had gone through cleanly. This man was an open book to her now...and she was quite willing to exploit that for the benefit of the innocent. Belysa...could save this wretched soul with the proper nudges. Just as she'd twisted young Zeikke into obeying her, so too would she mold the former Guardian to her desires...

There might have been a great deal of sympathy for Leo, had an all-consuming greed not taken complete hold of the woman's thoughts and emotions. For she too had lost many people dear to her in the raging Darkness...Her mother, her father, all of her neighbhors and friends...her beloved leader, the Wise Ansem, all of the intelligent men and women who had served under him...she'd lost the kindly old duck who'd sold her ice cream since she was a child, and all of the Moogles who had taught her the strange and powerful enchanting magic she knew...
And she had lost her beloved husband.

Yet Belysa overtook the thoughts and feelings of the broken and battered Maria L'Blanc. Every day that passed while her rage still burned, the woman she once had been slowly faded away into nothingness. Memories of what she had once stood for and the person she had been before the Dark had stripped everything she'd held dear were suddenly bleached and unfamiliar. The more she was Belysa...the longer she pretended to be this mysterious Keyblade Master...the more she became something other than what she was...and the more of herself she lost.

There was no emotion but a lust for revenge now, screaming in her soul to be unleashed against her enemies...and all be damned if she wouldn't shatter this man to get just that.
"Tell me," Belysa said, with an aire so similarly to that of Young Xehanort that it might have made the author shudder. "When was it you saw her last? A year ago? Five? Can you still recall her face in your mind?" She paused, allowing that to sink in. By now, the woman was only wrapping the threads of her web tighter around her victim...and quite soon he would either break...or submit.
"Or," the other continued, pacing behind him, "has the Dark closed off those memories from your mind?"

Playing off her hunches, she sighed, shaking her head, crossing her arms, and bearing all signs of dismay.
"Could you remember all you'd done for her? Could you even muster up those memories, bubbling in the abyss within your wretched, shadow-infested heart, Captain? Do you recall each precious moment...? Every little dream your wildest desires might have played upon your head? Perhaps you can't...or perhaps you're not so far gone as you think yourself. Perhaps...you need only a reminder of what power Light can divine upon someone..."
Grasping at his coat sleeve, she spun him around, away from the window, away from the pleasant distractions, and back into reality...back where he could see the empty, black expanse of her helmet staring back at him...and back to where he could see himself reflected back.

"Is she WORTH fighting against this disease that spreads across these worlds? Is your little Rose...worth searching hard, harder than you'd ever dared to do? Is her dream not WORTH you pledging yourself back in the Realm of Light once again? Or is it that you can no longer picture her face in your mind, no more can you recall those aching desires that so viciously tugged at every fiber of your very soul?! Would you ALLOW that Darkness to TAKE what little you have of someone supposedly to beloved to you?!"
Taking the back of his head, grasping hard at his hair, mailed fingers intertwined with natural fibers, Belysa shoved his face into her visor with firm emphasis. All of her rage and all of her madness were thrust into this now--she deliberately played on what would have been considered the heartstrings of a lover, very intentionally sparking what imagination or truth he might have had about this newfound weakness...this girl he'd supposedly cared so much for.

"If it were me, they would GET NOTHING OF ME," she snarled, her tone laced with fury. "And knowing the wretched Dark as I do? Those who are often missing are more than not lost within its maw. So lost in those shades were you...that she very well may have been under your nose...and you would have never known."
With a grunt, the malicious woman shoved him back into the windowsill, wiping off whatever fluids she might have procured on her line of sight with her cape, throwing it back behind her with a flourish.
"So BLIND in your so-called sanctum, that your beloved Rose could have wandered the same SPACE as you and you'd never have seen her! THAT is what the Darkness holds for ALL of its victims--befuddling the mind and corrupting the soul so NONE of what was once pure and important stands firm! You claim to have found salvation in the Dark, and yet it is the very thing that prevents your JOY."

Chuckling, Belysa forced mock courage through her system, and allowed a hand to trace this wretched man's jawline, shaking her head with amusement.
"And yet...You retain your desire to see her safe. There is yet hope for you, Smith, if you allow the Light to penetrate through your calloused heart. In exchange for what you know, I will do all in my vast power to ensure that when the House of Light goes forth to seal the Realm of Darkness...We will go and search for your beloved Rose together. I will do this. You have my word as a Keyblade Master."

((Admittedly it's like five in the morning, I'm feeling particularly sadistic, and I apologize for godmodding you twice. I also realize I made a mistake by calling you Leo--you never introduced yourself as Leo and I apologize. ...I should go to sleep now.))

Back to top Go down

Leo
"No matter how much I may be embraced by darkness, it would never be enough to cause her memory to fade from my mind. I can recall her face just as vividly as I am looking upon you right now..."

Belysa then spun him around and pulled him in tightly. He had similar memories of Lady Rose. It had been years since he had felt the warm embrace of another. With her hands tightly wrapped around the back of his head, Leo became lost in a wide array of memories. He embraced Belysa as he would Rose, being consumed by the moment. It was then that a singles tear fell from his right eye. He could feel his heart beating harder and harder as the seconds passed.

When she pushed him away, he opened his eyes. Back to reality. His back was placed against the cold window as his eyes stayed focused on Belysa.

"I desire nothing more than to see her safe. I would give my last breath just to see that she was alright and happy. I would damn myself back to the depths of Davy Jones Locker for all eternity for a single kiss...one last embrace."

It was evident that she had started to cause his heart to tenderize once more. It had been so long since he had really focused on his emotions. All at once everything began to pour back into him.

((It's fine. Your character came to the conclusion if this guy isn't Rose, the only other option is he has to be Leo lol. We can officially introduce shortly though. ))

140 Max Magic

Back to top Go down

Belysa
There was far too much twisted delight in Belysa's thoughts to truly understand or care what torment she brought to this poor man. She was going to get precisely what she needed from him...either he would do so willingly, or by force. So far it seemed he was cracking. It would only take a few more subtle pushes she was sure, to get him to finally break down. Once that was completed...

Once that was completed, Belysa knew, the secrets of the Keyblade, the power it held, the hope of a new future...they were as good as hers. She had so desperately hungered for another Keyblade Warrior to appear before her, now that it was so the False Prophet could hardly contain her sadistic glee. The House of Light would rise up against its enemy, and decimate it for all time. Kingdom Hearts would once again rule uncontested across the skies, and the worlds would again be united by the majestic heart.

And so myth would become pure truth.

Those thoughts immediately paused as she realized she was being...hugged. How long had it been since she'd genuinely been held by someone else? Belysa's--no, Maria's--mind struggled to recall a moment like that in her recent past, or even her further past, and yet could find nothing. Five long years after Sora had vanished...Thirteen years after her beloved home gave way to the Darkness...had it truly been so long?
Yes, undeniably the last person she could remember clutching to her breast was Saul. That Dark and horrifying day where she had lost all things dear to her heart...They had clung to one another in horrified terror, knowing the end was at hand, knowing they would be consumed by the monsters swarming around them. They had witnessed all of their friends and allies fall before them. They may have been the last remaining alive on the surface of their ruined world now...

To this day, how she had lived through the corruptive powers of the Dark, Maria would never understand. She was no pure of heart, even she realized the foolishness of believing otherwise. The only explanation she had, was that she simply had been chosen by the Light to power through the strife and become the woman she was today...to avenge the Light...and cleanse the worlds of Darkness.

But it was Belysa, not Maria, who snapped back to attention. True while they were one and the same, the mannerisms of the former had been tempered to keep up an image...while the latter was a peaceful sort. No...she needed this man. She needed him broken and ready to serve at her feet, even if it were under the guise of feeding him power, bringing him salvation. Belysa felt no pity for this man...for in her eyes, he was already beyond hope. His heart had been clouded by Darkness once, and would surely take the same path again if he were allowed to live beyond a certain point, surely...
But am I not the greatest Keyblade Master that has ever lived? I could bring him to purity. I am stronger, more powerful, than any and all Keybearers!

"You are a great and powerful Keyblade Warrior, Guardian," Belysa told him, with a slew of false admiration in her tone. "It would be an honor to learn under your wisdom and guidance. I am a Keyblade Master, but I have much to learn if I am to lead the people into an era of peace and safety. My knowledge is not enough."
Dipping to one knee, the woman bowed her head in an elegant plea. Typically this would have been considered beneath her, bowing to the likes of someone so horridly corrupt by Darkness...but for this plan, for this ruse to take hold, nothing was off limits. This might well have been the last surviving Keybearer for all she knew--or at the very least, the last she would ever come across--Dark-plagued or not, Belysa was going to have him for herself or slaughter him like the beast he was.
"I humbly beg for you to return to La Cité des Cloches with me," the fake Keyblader implored him. "Join our quest in her name, Captain Smith. Fight for the dream she and all those you loved sacrificed for. Help me save those who cannot defend themselves...bring your heart back to the Light, where all heroes dwell. I will aid you in ridding yourself of your affliction."

And then, standing, Belysa did something she had not done in eighteen long years.
She removed her helmet.
Desperate times called for desperate measures.

Slowly, her eyes adjusted to the shade of the room, and ran a hand through her golden locks, freeing them from their stiffened state. Belysa--no, it wasn't Belysa's face but Maria's--looked at the world through her own sight now.
"Know this," She told him firmly. "I have broken my oath to my order by allowing you to so much as live...I have gone against my vows by removing my armor. So too must you, if you're to find this woman you love, and break the ties to the Darkness that have bound you from keeping her close to you. Open your heart to the Light, and I will do all in my power to help her and you. Swear yourself to this cause once again, pledge your Keyblade to the House of Light. I give you my word. I will help you in finding her."

Submit, damn you....open your heart and relent! Even you cannot withstand the power of the Light. No creature with Darkness in their hearts, not the wicked monster Ansem, and certainly not you...could dare resist its warmth. Let it in...Let it in and be mine.

((Ooooh, this tingly evil feeling! I love it.))

[Clickable]

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top