Jongori
August 13th 2017, 8:10 pm
Chastelle

Fireball
August 13th 2017, 8:01 pm
Chastelle

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eno
[For the intro I'll be posting all character interactions with this account.]

Dull thuds of boots along white linoleum flooring creates a rather dull, repetitive contrast of noise in the otherwise empty hallway. The muffled cries of a husband and wife in captivity go unheard aside from those around. Their captor in question carried both over his shoulders, completely unaffected by their cries. Noah’s grip is rather strong; the rope being used to bind them did little to aid them either. However, he’s been forced to stop on more than one occasion. While they weren’t making any progress, the professor’s assistant has come pretty close to dropping them.

“Stop squirming around so much,” Noah grumbles as he readjusted the man on his shoulder. The red headed woman continues despite his protest. “If you couldn’t get away from me in the street, how are you going to escape now?” His question did little to deter their efforts. He sighs before shaking his head.

His annoyances seem to keep piling up. Today would be the day where he’d focus on upper body strength, but his boss requested he bring back a married couple he targeted. After that he not only had to bring them back to the lab, but he’d have to strap them down, then put them into their capsules once the process ended. The more he thought about it, the worse his frustration got.

A corridor to darkness would have made things easy, where it not for two problems rearing their ugly heads.  While the guards, along with a few others were able to rid the town of most of Yima’s experiments, a few still remained. Small cuts lined his body, and his once pristine lab coat was now riddled with holes from their claws, but other than that no real injury was sustained.

Despite that interruption, Noah’s task was completed without incident. The creatures that assaulted him did little to deter him from his mission. And that small problem shrank further in number.

That narrow, stark white hallway soon came to an end, leading the three into an open room. It mirrored the adjoining corridor in color, but not in appearance.  Though grey paneling could be seen along the walls and in pieces on the floor, showing the electrical wiring underneath. It did little to offset the whole. The main testing chamber of the lab may be in a slight state of disrepair, but the equipment was far from it.

At the far left end, the blonde haired professor could be seen standing upon a long grey table. He currently had his hands inside the metallic sphere positioned above it.  A smile graces his lips when he viewed what would soon reveal to be quite the tool. That seemingly harmless orb they used, a thing nearly twice the size of a normal person, is something that could forcibly remove a heart while causing no harm to the shell its encased in.

“We’re here,” he looks between the two as he says this. “Hey!” The sudden shout catches Karl’s attention, “I’ve got em, that thing ready yet?”

Last edited by Xoen on March 10th 2014, 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Professor Karl Wood
[Going to try to keep the general discussions, interactions, etc contained to one or two accounts if at all possible.]

“Give me a few minutes. I’m trying to replace this component.” Karl doesn’t bother to look his way.

“Why what’s goin on with it?” Noah asks as he sets the couple next to the table.

“The arm locks up each time it comes out of its housing.” As he explains the machine’s predicament Noah takes a seat on the table. “If this doesn’t help I’ll have to replace the primary sensor.”

“Well that’s disappointing. What do you want me to do with these two then?” Karl pulls his arms out, turns around, then look over the two provided. The two stare back at him, their eyes filled with fear.

“Do you have your armlet on you?” Noah nods, rolling up his sleeve to reveal a bronze coated armguard. Along the inner portion, a small speaker along with four by four rows of buttons could be seen. “Good. I want you to call in numbers E One through E Four. They’ll take the couple to the capsules.”

“Alright, whatever you say.” The only indication of buttons being pressed is the glowing red they emit when pressure is applies. Once the combination is entered the sound of two portals entering existence could be heard. From within four neoshadows emerge, each sporting a collar matching Noah’s in color.

One could easily discern major differences between the four summoned, and those you’d run into on your travels. The electric blue eyes, a result of being forcefully domesticated, would be the first obvious sign. The next would be the utter lack of sporadic movements. The two captives eye them with worry as they approach, once they’re close enough, the four look to Noah for further instruction.

“Put them in with the others.” Without a hint of hesitation they obey his command. Like in the hallway before they struggle against their binds in vain, muffled cries from behind gags do well to silence their protests. Once the neoshadows have them in their claws they port out. The cries of the married couple are cut short basking the room in silence.

Karl goes back to tinkering with the orb while Nah lies back on the table.

“Hey watch the feet, don’t knock me off.” Karl warns, adjusting his position.

“Whoops here hold on.” Noah positions himself further down, “better?”

“Yes, now are you going to give me a report or should I just assume your wounds appeared by magic?”

Noah replies with a nervous chuckle, “would you believe me if I told you I fell down some stairs?” A quick, dull thud is heard when Karl’s forehead meets the orb. He sighs out of exasperation.

“Damn it Noah, just tell me what happened.” He sits up, adjusts his tie, and starts.

“Well, the operation was pretty standard. I found them after about an hour, after that I followed them to a more secluded section of the town. From there I was able to corner them then catch them.”

“Where do the cuts come in?”

“I’m getting to that part. Anyway, I have them in my arms when suddenly a few of those weird little creatures come wandering through. Needless to say when they saw us they attacked.” He gets off the table before continuing, “took a few minutes but I was able to take them down. Gave me a little trouble though, they were pretty quick. I didn’t give them a chance to harm our test subjects.”

“Weird little creatures?” Karl asks, turning to face Noah.

“Yeah, ya know, the ones those guys released from Yima’s castle?” Karl nods, “other than that though it was smooth sailing.”

“That’s great to hear, Noah.” He says before turning back to the machine, “go ahead, and take a couple of hours for yourself, clean up, get a new coat. When you’re ready I’ve got two backpacks full of new collars for you and William. I’m going to need you two to bulk up our army a bit when he gets back from his recon mission.”

“Again?” Noah groans, “we got fifty yesterday, why do you need more?”

“I need more because when we try to take the castle I want an excess of heartless,” Karl grunts as he strains to adjust an internal component. "You don’t know how powerful Yima is, I don’t know how powerful he is. It doesn’t help that he has an entire military and the Black Knights at his side. I want the ratio to at least be eight to one before we begin the invasion.” This information causes Noah to go slack jawed.

“B-but going off of Will’s last report, we’re only at four to one.”

“I know.” Noah’s body seems to shake as he goes over the ratio in his head.

“Y-you want us to d-double our numbers?” When Karl nods it takes everything Noah has not to cry out in protest. “D-don’t you think they’re going to notice? It’s bad enough we’re kidnapping people, won't they find it weird that the heartless count has dropped?” Karl doesn’t bother to look up from his work as he explains.

“They’re going to be preoccupied with the disappearances. If someone so happens to realize it, they aren’t going to mind. In fact they might find it to be a blessing...”

Back to top Go down

Eno
Xoen looks over the slip of paper, his face etched with concern. Yet another unsettling report has been given to him by the local guard. It was bad enough that Radiant Garden has been plagued with creatures running about and attacking citizens. Disappearances didn’t need to be added to that list. Once the slip has been read in full, the black knight turns his attention back over the balcony overlooking the town.

“Thank you for your report, you’re dismissed.” With a quick bow, the guard departs, leaving Xoen to observe the homes below in peace. Where it better times, one would say the view was breathtaking.

Clear blue sky that seemed to expand endlessly along the horizon, the sun shining down basking Radiant Garden in its warm glow. And of course the hustle and bustle of the townsfolk below as they went about their daily lives, seemingly oblivious to unseen threats lying in wait. However, he could spot the occasional person looking about nervously, suspicious of those around them. After the fiasco involving those creatures, and the phantom, Xoen hoped that his home town would have the peace it so readily deserved. Yet here he is, observing high above the streets.

After placing the guard’s report in his jacket pocket he props his arms along the railing and leans forward for a better look. If there were any sort of disturbance that would disrupt the populace, he’d see it. Suffice to say he was nervous, having been standing there for hours, waiting for something to happen. Yet there was nothing, not even a sighting of heartless. It didn’t help that two of the black knights haven’t reported in for quite some time.

The commander of the first division Saix, and Yima’s second recruit Nix. Neither Xoen, nor Xero or Jazzston have seen heads or tails of those two. This only piled on the stress that had been accumulating since these events began. This married couple would mark numbers eleven and twelve on the roster of missing persons this town has. Just the thought of who might be next caused his heart to race.

He couldn’t just stand here doing nothing, not while this continued. Almost every night for the last few weeks has led to a family losing a loved one. Slowly but surely Xoen would grow tired of it. It wouldn’t be long before he would request organizing a search party. He knew that the efforts being taken now were nowhere near enough. But without the proper numbers, nothing would change. He would need to seek help from outside sources if he wanted to make a difference. Until then, he was forced to sit and wait for something, anything to happen.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 15,000/15,000EXP
Level III: 19,739/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP

Back to top Go down

Feisu
Not very long, Xoen had to wait. Something was happening. Something strange. A creature, humanoid, and made entirely of shimmering blackness. The typical look of a Heartless, such as a Neoshadow. But was it truly that? The creature below behaved oddly, and even went so far as to going out in public, frightening some of the citizens. Maniacal laughter erupted from the creature as it walked on.

Feisu had come to Radiant Gardens.

But why?

Theme: Paint it Black - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUkeCTFXj8
Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Eno
“What is that thing?” Xoen asks, squinting at the scene happening below. Whatever that thing was, it’s terrorizing the citizens. Not wanting to waste a single moment Xoen leapt from the balcony and to the cobblestone streets below. The wind whipped past his face as he descended, blowing his hair and coat back.

The red thatched roofs of the homes below came upon him rapidly.  Using light movement at the last moment, Xoen is able to propel himself back into the air. With the magic essentially canceling the fall, Xoen is able to land on his feet without incident. The people around him move away, shocked by his sudden appearance.

Having landed a few yards away from the creature, Xoen is able to get a good look. What he saw was a rather curious sight. He first believed it to be a neoshadow, but closer inspection dispels that thought immediately. The shimmering nature almost made it seem fluid like to him. Just looking at the odd thing made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. Whatever it was, it was anything but friendly. Hesitantly he calls out.

“You, identify yourself.” He tries to carry an authoritative tone with his voice. As he confronts the creature, the populace around begin to back away, giving the two room.

“S-someone get the guards!” cries a man from the crowd.

Back to top Go down

Feisu
The creature turned to Xoen, revealing his face. This hinted on that whatever this was, it was NOT a Heartless. It was no Nobody or human either. It was a humanoid, shimmering mass of darkness. Void white eyes of malice, and a white mouth to let the viewer see his evil grin.

"Identify myself? Don't think I need to. I'm a pretty popular celebrity around the worlds, y'know? Now, back the fuck up. This ain't your business."

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Eno
The sinister smile that thing shoots his way causes the blood flowing through Xoen’s veins to run cold. In fact, its facial expression and vacant eyes are more than enough to get him to move back a bit. That voice, just thinking about him speaking again causes a shiver to trail down his spine. However, the way he spoke didn’t make him seem as intimidating as his appearance. Despite looking completely alien, Xoen couldn’t help but visualize a punk behind that shimmering black skin. Thankfully that mental image is enough to help him give the creature a clear reply.

“You’ll have to forgive me. I’m new to my position. I’m sure you’re well known, but I have no idea who or what you are,” against better judgment Xoen starts to close the distance, slowly. “Now tell me, how am I supposed to respond to something like that?” When he’s around twenty yards away he stops, placing his hands in his pockets.

The sound of mail fills the air as guards closest to the area begin to move in. Two archers make their way to a nearby rooftop a few yards to Xoen’s right. They ready their bows and train their arrows on the creature. While they prepare for whatever lies in store, four other guards take their place behind Xoen, each with their hands upon their swords. Four men wielding spears and great shields make their way over via an alleyway to the creature’s left, though they’re still a ways off. All the while the people around began to back away even further, fearful for the fight that they feel is about to come.

Admittedly, Xoen felt comfort when the numbers began to arrive. He let loose a breath he didn’t even know he was holding in.

“You come in, scare the people, then tell me whatever it is you’re doing is none of my business. I’m afraid I don’t appreciate that one bit. First off it’s really rude.” He swears he could hear the creature scoff, but he ignores it. “Second I find you suspicious. Don’t blame me, but with what’s going on around here your sudden appearance did little to help your case.”

“What are you doing talking to it sir, why aren’t we arresting this thing?” a guard to Xoen’s left asks. He puts a hand upon his shoulder in hopes of calming him.

“Relax I’m the one in charge here. I know what I’m doing,” he removes his hand before adding, “Take your hand off your sword if it helps.” While he does comply with his request to adopt a neutral stance, his glare remains. Xoen turns his attention back to the creature.

“Now, here’s what can happen. You identify yourself and state your business. If I find that it doesn’t harm the citizens or us I’ll gladly dismiss the guards and let you be on your way. However, failure to comply and I’ll have to use force. Again, you came at a really really bad time. I can’t stress this enough.”

Xoen looks over the creature again before adding, “Now I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that us trying to fight you would be a pretty stupid idea. Lord Yima pays us to do stupid things, please don’t make me try to earn my munny. Make this easy for me will ya? I’d rather not lose good men or risk losing my life over something meaningless y'know? Besides I have business of my own to attend to.”

Back to top Go down

Feisu
The creature gave Xoen a few looks up and down before widening his grin. "I'm Feisu. Done. Now get outta my way before I-" He looks at the incoming guards. Fools, the lot of them. One simple kill, and one single touch, and they would become mindless slaves. But no reason to do that now. He had other plans. Better plans.

He cackles at the soldiers before snapping his fingers. From the sky, two winged, humanoid, and very malformed shadowy creatures, very much like Feisu, swooped down and landed next to him. They both had skeletal wings, and dagger-like claws. They could make no noise, other than swoon in agony. They were once human, like the ones that lived in Radiant Gardens, until Feisu brought an awful fate upon them.

"So you like doing stupid stuff, huh? Do you think Yima would pay ya if you decided to come and stand up to me?" He chuckled, reaching out to pet one of the creatures. Said winged beast let out a small, delighted coo. "I'm planning on some kind of alliance with the hermit. Now, from what I'm seeing here, it looks like you'd prefer a war to be provoked, huh? Nah. Didn't think so. Now go away, before I lose whatever patience I got in my fucked up head." He grinned, and the Perfections, those winged humanoids, stared hungrily at Xoen.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Eno
“You’re an odd one I’ll give you that,” Xoen nods to the archers on the rooftops. They promptly relax and place their arrows back in their quivers. “I don’t plan on starting a war. I just ask you understand my position.” As he speaks the guards around him mimic the archers and remove their hands from their weapons. “Since you complied I have no reason to keep you here.”

With a quick bow the guards make their way out of the area. The four spearsmen are all that remain, as it is their duty to keep watch on the area. Regardless of having been ordered to stand down, they eye the three warily.

“Now that this little back and forth is over I’ll be leaving.” And with that Xoen makes his way past the creature and his two companions. Their ravenous stare as he moves around them cause cold sweat to drip from his brow. With a sigh he wipes it away. As he leaves he turns his attention back to the three.

“However, if I find out you’re the cause behind the turmoil I’ll be back.” He turns his attention back to his front. Soon Xoen rounds a corner and is out of sight.

Back to top Go down

Feisu
"Turmoil, huh?" The creature chuckled, and began to tag alongside Xoen. "Maybe I could help, if it means getting a few fucking people to trust me. Yima included. Want some help?" He flashed a grin. The malformed monsters were no longer hungry. They poked at his body, like curious children.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Eno
Needless to say, Xoen felt a bit uncomfortable having something like that walking alongside him. It became worse when he didn’t dismiss the creatures he summoned. Thankfully, the no longer looked like they were ready to feast upon his flesh, which allowed him to keep a semi-calm demeanor.

Though, upon mentioning help, Xoen tensed up. Just a moment ago he was ready to fight this thing, yet here it is offering assistance. He couldn’t help but feel a little suspicious of its motives, however, if it’s looking to gain trust among the populace, his lord included, then he couldn’t be that bad, right? Despite his gut warning him not to accept, he went against it.

“If you’re serious, then yes we do need help,” he opens his coat to retrieve the report given to him naught but a half hour ago. “This is our latest report. Don’t let Yima know I showed you, I’m not exactly supposed to be giving out this info.  I find it funny since this is public knowledge regardless, it's not like the disappearances are a secret.” Xoen slips the paper into the creature’s hands.

Upon the sheet itself are the list of names for those taken from their homes, the date they went missing, and the time the reports were made. One could see that the first five were taken each day of the week while the rest had either one or two days in between their disappearances. Looking further on, there are various statements regarding the heartless’ decrease in numbers.

“We’ve been losing people at an alarming rate over the last two weeks,” he sighs before turning his attention to the path before them. “As far as the heartless are concerned the numbers started dropping around two months ago. It was slow at first, but over the weeks its become significant.”

While Xoen spoke, the people around the two eyed them warily. Some decided to walk around the small group while others whispered among one another. While they did place trust in Xoen, the same couldn’t be said of his current company. A few pointed to the black creature, and a name was passed around, though Xoen himself couldn’t hear it, or it could be that he chose to ignore it. Regardless of what happened around him, he continued his explanation.

“Sightings in town are rare. In fact, we haven’t lost a guard or civilian to a heartless assault in almost three weeks. Now the only time you find them is out in the Great Maw or around Villain’s Vale.” He offered the creature a half smile, “I’d be happy about it, if people weren’t dropping off the face of the planet. I'd chalk it up to them becoming  heartless, but if that was the case then the guards would report sightings of them in town..” His grin drops from his face when he realizes he forgot something, "And here I am thinking you're rude when I haven't even asked you your name."

As he spoke, the bustling marketplace, along the larger crowds, came into view…

Back to top Go down

William Ice
Despite the confrontation that occurred just moments ago, the people of Radiant Garden continue their day completely unabated. Children follow their parents among their various errands, putting a rather innocent flair to the crowds. Street Venders from both near and afar proudly display their wares for all those who pass by. All in all the area was alive with activity.

Regardless of the seemingly peaceful scene, there were those who looked about suspiciously, the thought of those missing persons still fresh in their minds.

Among the hustle and bustle of the town streets, a lone vagrant made his way through one of the many courtyards the town had. With a soft sigh the homeless man made his way over to the bubbling fountain in the center. While the cobblestone streets, along with the stone structure provided poor support for the man’s back, he was more than willing to sit there.

He produced an old top hat among the torn, dirtied clothing he wore. Placing it in front where he was sitting he began to panhandle. The first few minutes for the homeless person yielded no results. He’d get nothing more than dirty stares and shaking of heads. However, what none around seemed to realize, was that him asking for munny was nothing more than a distraction. Occasionally his bright blue eyes would scan the crowd from under his ratty old cloak.

He’d find the guards patrolling the area. Not only would he count them out, he’d study their movements, learn their pattern then report back to Karl. If he made any munny while doing this, it’d be considered a bonus. William would save whatever funds he’d procure during his begging, and in turn would buy whatever materials the professor needed. Sadly, the funds were always quite low.

“Spare some change sir?” William asks, his frail sounding voice barely above a whisper. The passerby ignored his question. He continued on undeterred by the vagrant. However, the man moving out of the way gave the beggar an opportunity to see the changing of the guard. The six spear wielding guards were replaced by a squad of archers that took their position on one of the rooftops.

For the next few minutes, William sat there, content with the very little munny he was getting. At least now when his act was at an end he could afford a nice dinner. Ten people each giving five munny would make sure of that. He was sure Karl wouldn’t mind, after all he hadn’t eaten since breakfast.

William cast a glance to the now overcast skies, and saw something that shook him to his core. While Xoen and his companion took no notice of the beggar, quite the opposite could be said of him. He tried to get in as much as possible without looking like he was staring.

No way, there’s no way that could be Eno could it? I thought he would steal a gummy ship and leave this world. At least that’s what I would’ve done. As the four started coming closer, the resemblance between the ex-student and the Black Knight walking into the marketplace became uncanny. William found himself gripping the brim of his hat to the point of his hand shaking.

Despite the events of that fateful night happening so long ago, they were still fresh in his mind. After all Xoen did come close to ending William’s life. Knowing that, it was hard to discern whether he was holding his hat to keep his rage in check or his fear.

His thoughts would then fall upon something Karl told him. It was no more than an offhanded request for a hypothetical situation neither thought would happen. Where he ever to see Xoen on one of his recon missions he’d let the professor know immediately. He could vividly picture the smile Karl was sporting during that conversation. The notion of having a second chance at finishing his prototype filled him with excitement.  William and Noah felt nothing but dread.

Regardless, with Xoen having made an appearance, William knew what he had to do. But before anything he’d have to wait for the group to leave. If a vagrant suddenly started running away it would arouse suspicion. The guards might think he stole something. So he was forced to sit and wait, alternating between watching you and keeping up his persona. With a sigh he removed his hands from the top hat and sat back.

Back to top Go down

Feisu
Feisu merely chuckled as he took a look at the list of names. He eyed the list, before handing it back. His skin shimmered in excitement. The two winged Perfections looked at their master with curiosity. "Huh. So it's likely not Heartless...maybe it's one of those fucking experiments. Or, it's one of those Unversed things I saw in Deep Jungle. If you want, I can send over some of my Perfections to scout around the world. Maybe, get a few suspects. But it'll cost ya." He grinned.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Eno
“Honestly, I have no problems with that.” Xoen said as he and Feisu made their way through the courtyard. “In fact, I have something to put up at the Moogle Station. We need to organize a search party. Unfortunately the guards must stay in town and keep a lookout for anything suspicious. If I get funding I’ll offer a fair reward.” As they drew closer to the shop the townsfolk started making exaggerated paths in order to avoid the four. The gossip only worsened the further they went on.

The moogle running the shop perked up at the prospect of having customers and immediately went into his salesperson mentality.

“Welcome to Quest Moogle, Kupo! Do you have anything to post?” The little shopkeeper waits patiently. When Xoen nods he continues, “Please fill out the form provided, Kupo!” he reaches under the counter, then brings up a slip of paper and pen. Xoen immediately starts filling it out, hoping that a few people would respond.

"You know, you still haven't told me your name."

Back to top Go down

Feisu
"I told you, dumbass. My name's Feisu." The monstrosity grumbled. The two Perfections shied away from him, sticking close to Xoen like he was a god. Was it an act? Feisu, nor the speechless creatures could really reveal that...

"So how the hell am I gonna help, huh? Scouts and spies aren't all I can do. I've got an entire world in my fist, after all..." He looks to the moogle with a curious frown. This was his first meeting with one of the mysterious, and no doubt snuggly creatures.

He'd like a dead one.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Eno
Xoen remained silent, not caring that he was insulted. Though, the name he was called was an accurate one given the situation. He chastised himself for being so stupid as to believe he’d fall for something like that. He assumed that Feisu was a liar given his obvious alignment. Xoen figured that creatures like that would make up a persona in order to try to gain the trust of those around them, only to stab them in the back later.

Its obvious Xoen didn’t trust him despite his willingness to help. Sadly, something as simple as trying to catch him giving a different name wouldn’t work. He’d have to resort to different means. For now he’d leave it as is and merely observe Feisu. If the creature had ulterior motives they’d show themselves in time, there’s no need to try to rush things.
As of right now though, Feisu’s words have his complete attention.

“W-wait,” he stammers, turning to Feisu. “You’re a world leader?” Sweat began to drip from his brow. He could feel his stomach drop at the thought.

I was really going to fight the ruler of a world! It’d be like trying to fight Yima. I almost started a war! Its true I am a dumbass.

His internal speech cut off from there. The shadows of those watching him caught his attention. The discomfort he felt at the moment was intense. The things Feisu summoned seemed to have flocked to him, they’re quite close. Needless to say they were making him uncomfortable. They were just staring at him, silently.

His heart began to pound. Sharp pains came with each beat, causing him to clutch his chest. All it took was his hand touching the affected area for it to get worse. It did nothing to dispel the unease he felt for the three.
With a wince he began to back away, the sound starting to fill his ears.

“F-Feisu, w-what are those perfections do—” he gasps. Sweat started to pour down his face his grip began to tighten in turn. His lungs seemed to burn with each breath he took. Xoen was forced to look away, instead of turning his gaze to any of them he set his sight on the stone street. He leaned against the shop trying to collect himself.

Back to top Go down

Lenneth
The La Vaeas of Darkness

Lavaeas of Darkness

Back in the alleys a bit further from the scene that was playing out before the crowd of the people did darkness start to gather and play into a singular form, stirring into itself larger and larger the mass before forming itself into a tall human like figure of outstanding features. Before their onyx shades faded off, appearing now the true color of tan skin and golden hair appear in a man’s embrace, a stunning figure of bare flesh and muscle that’s existence tied in with beauty. The stranger stood there a moment while longer while he slowly caressed himself in vain enjoyment, exploring himself sensually before slowing coming back to his common street senses. Pulling his golden mane back a bit he took up to look at sun for a moment before squinting down again, for a moment he had forgot the harshness of the fiery orb compared to the sliver sphere back in the realm of darkness or End’s purple glow. It had been a while since visited this radiant realm, likely would have been longer if not for his duty. It had been noted that heartless had been reduced in numbers as of late in one of the larger worlds venues for a while now, Radiant garden one of the largest corner worlds stones of light. Its white light often produced a nice deep darkness in the weak willed to those not carefully.

Though Len would not strike at his ally and mutual friend of his adopted brother Terra, close enough to be an in law as those two were lovers. But the world itself had enough of its own natural flowing income of hearts coming to Len naturally. It was a common for some fluxes with keybladers arriving and dying off but this time seemed to be an usually extended period.  Today Lenneth would find out why on his own, Yima’s always appeared busy plus this was his own matters that wouldn’t concern the humans.

He came out from the shadows as his magics roses into his elegant form, masking his monster like features vanish to appear more human and blend in with the common folk, even his clothing would appear on his form. It was unlikely many public knew of Lenneth in the recent times so a little illusions would be enough to hide himself from physical notice and magical ones but his charm was still undeniable. He dressed in a blue skinny’s with a sleeveless white hoodie. While walking downtown it was apparent he wasn’t the only outsider as a commotion called his attention, stranger creatures were appearing out from the skies before a man rallying armored man. Watching the exchange he was too far to hear with all the other voices around him whispering at such an odd monster.  Lenneth had to admit the two monsters were interesting, they appeared constructers of darkness just like him however…crude and unrefined states. Perhaps newer creations by a mad conjurers but they appeared to be quite bombastic, enough to draw attention for a time. Lenneth stepped on a rouge man’s hat by mistake, seeing the poorly dressed stranger he offered the hobo 5 pieces of munny before walking off.

He took a different stroll for a time, trying to see if anything else was out of order himself while the commotion was off somewhere else but somehow he founded himself back to their company at the moogle’s quest shop. The strange man and even stranger human like substance of darkness and his two pets waiting there. He took a pause before walking up to the little alchemists gave him their request.

“Missing people...Hmm might be connected it was an odd coincidence. Might lead to something” thinking to himself Lenny turned before making his way to odd pair.

“Excuses me but are you guys to the ones that posted this request? I’d like to help if I can” speaking straight to the pair of them, whoever would speak first would earn Len’s attention first.        

Back to top Go down

Feisu
Feisu merely grinned at Xoen. What a child, suddenly breaking down in fear. True, he might've frightened the poor thing by revealing exactly who he was, but the man still had no excuse. Not even the Perfections were proper excuses to let him break down in fright.

He did not pay any heed to Lenneth. He was too busy enjoying antagonizing Xoen. The winged Perfections seemed to get the message, though. They scurried away from the man, and went behind Feisu, who was grinning ear to ear.

"Oh, don't worry too much. They just do all my bidding, whether it's killing, kidnapping, scouting, spying...you name it. The perfect slaves. The only thing YOU need to worry about is dying. If you die, they'll touch you...and you'll come back as one of them." Feisu seemed pleased as he said this.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

Eno
“D-Dying isn’t the issue, but I’ll keep that in mind.” With them back at Feisu’s side his heart started to slow its beating. However, he could still feel the tendrils within his body poking at his skin from all direction, almost begging to be released from their fleshy prison. Xoen found this to worry him more than the Perfections.

He had no wounds that needed to be healed, the equipment beating in his chest shouldn’t have activated. It must have been the aura they gave off, beings of darkness like that was the only explanation he could think of for his heart to react that way. Should they keep some distance Xoen should be fine, he hoped that his heart would get used to their presence. The last thing he needed was for it to act out on its own again. With a final sigh his breathing slowed, and his body began to cool down.

“There, that’s much better.” His ears perked up at the sound of  a soft, mildly deep tone of voice. He wiped the sweat from his brow, then turned his gaze to the one speaking. It didn’t take long for him to feel a hint of jealousy at the man who approached. On all accounts the skinny jeans and sleeveless hoodie did little to hide the definition he almost seemed to flaunt.

While he did have height in his favor, Xoen still felt physically weak in comparison. The long, flowing blonde hair, along with his light blue eyes seemed to shine in the light, basking him in an almost ether-like appearance. Along with his seemingly flawless tanned skin, and hairless face that showed his well shaped jaw-line and lips only added to his envy. He knew that if he were to try and mimic the same features  via shaving he’d come up short. It seemed as though the pinnacle of male physical health had appeared before them.

Regardless of how he felt about the man, the prospect of help was what held his attention above all else. And unlike Feisu, his appearance didn’t fill him with a sense of dread or despair. It made it a lot easier to speak with him than it did his current companion. The smile he had from ear to ear sent chills down his spine.

He offered the stranger a smile, “Yeah, we could definitely use it.  Sadly, I haven’t received any funding yet from the shop. As of now the possibility of getting munny is up in the air. If you don’t mind that then welcome aboard.”

He made his way over, his hand outstretched. “I’m Xoen by the way, one of Yima’s Black Knights, and the head of the search party I’m forming.”

Back to top Go down

Lenneth
The La Vaeas of Darkness

Lavaeas of Darkness

" A pleasure it is to meet you Xoen, I'm Asmodeus, at your service. And do not freat about the money I'm sure lord Yima will pay kindly for his people's safety and the thrill of the quest will drive me on as well. Your fellow...adventurer seems interesting I look forward to working with him as well" Claiming Lenneth articulated his words well enough, gracing both men with a quick bow before smiling back at Xoen.

This man certainly had quite the stature, it wasn't a common occurrence that someone else's height towered so heavy over Len's. His style though...left something else to be desired in comparison to Len's natural charms let alone his refined clothing brands. In fact the plain Jane look, the average joe air like persona to his attire, it reminded the La Vaeas of Yima's ealiar fashion. May have just been a preference to his guards.

That alone was actually pretty impressive, all the time that Yima had been ruling this world Lenneth has only known to see no face guards that hold only barrings to this world's experience let alone any contact what so ever beyond these walls. Maybe he was expending out his reaches, eh he'd have to ask one day.

Turning to strange black creature Lenny did strike quite the interesting to what this creature could do or what his little pets would be able to show him as well. It was always exciting to see a new species raise into creation, always could use new essence for the swarm.  Paying that look quick Len reconnect his sights as his new commander for the day.

"Well Sir Xoen is there any criteria I require to share with you? My talents? weapons? battle statistics. I am well prepared to present anything information that will help with this mission."  

Back to top Go down

William Ice
“Thank you very much, sir.” It was an automatic, and rather flat response to the rather handsome fellow’s contribution. While it was rather little, that five munny gave him a total of two hundred. It wasn’t much, but it was better than the double digit numbers he’d been getting lately. Regardless of what was given, William didn’t have his attention, at least not until he joined up with Xoen and the shimmering creature of darkness.

He looks to be gathering allies, could he perhaps be looking for the people we’ve taken? Or maybe he’s organizing a raid on Villian’s Vale? Either way I need to let Karl know. With that in mind he placed the munny in his inventory and got to his feet, being sure to grab his hat. He left the marketplace at a brisk pace, looking to put as much distance between himself and the area as quickly as possible.

Down a set of stairs he would go, ignoring the looks of the those thatpasser by. Neither civilian nor guard would dare get his attention at the moment. William was a man on a mission, which entailed he find an area where he could be alone. After all, it’d seem weird for him to start suddenly talking to his arm. Knowing his luck anyone who caught him would find him to be crazy. That in turn would set of f a domino effect that would soon involve the guards. Needless to say he didn’t want that.

Finally, an alleyway came into view. Quietly he slipped out of the crowds, with none being the wiser. The crowds would flow like a river from his point of view, the alleyway acting as a calm bastion to the chaos of the day. He made his way to the wall at the end of it, and took a seat. He pulled back the rags covering his left arm, revealing a copper armguard underneath. After a quick combination of button presses he spoke into the tiny speaker.

“Karl can you hear me, over?” Within a few moments he’s met with a response.

“Ah, hello Will. I didn’t expect to hear from you for another hour. Is everything alright?” Karl on the other end sounded rather agitated despite what he said. William swallowed the lump in his throat, he hoped that it wasn’t him or Noah that caused him distress.

“Yes, I managed to find the patrol routes of a number of guards in the marketplace. I also know that they’re changed out every three hours or so. However, the change happens over a few seconds. There is never a time where the marketplace doesn’t have guards stationed.” During his report he would cast a glance back towards the entrance, last thing he needed was someone listening in.

“I figured as such, that’s one of the busiest areas around. It’d make sense for Yima to keep that place under constant surveillance. Is there anything else?” William hesitated for a few moments. Wondering if he really should let his boss know about Xoen’s wearabouts. Knowing how he got, Karl would probably drop everything he was doing in order to pick back up on the prototype project.

Last he recalled he made a breakthrough with the heart in Xoen’s chest. He just needed to ingredients to inject in him. But that would take quite a while, and William didn’t want to wait. Just thinking about the coming invasion, and overthrowing Yima made him giddy. He would do everything he could to insure their victory, even if it meant killing the hermit himself. Nevertheless, he would tell Karl. If William didn’t, and if the professor found out later, he’d chastise the ex-assassin for his lack of insight.

“William, are you there?” Karl asks, freeing William from his fantasies of grandeur.

“Y-yes professor. It’s just, I found out something you might find startling.”

“Oh,” Karl starts, his voice full of curiosity, “and what might that be?”

“Eno is alive.” William  waits for Karl’s response, and is surprised to be met with silence.

Suddenly, the professor answers, albeit breathlessly, “W-w-what did you say?”

“I said he’s alive, Wood. I saw him walking through the marketplace. He had some black things following him, and a blonde haired man in a sleeveless hoodie joined up with them. I think he might be planning to—“ he gets nothing else out as Karl’s excited shouts cut him off. William scrambles to lower the volume on his armguard to make sure no one overhears him.

“P-Professor this is serious, you know what this means don’t you?”

“Oh ho! I don’t care what plan my experiment has in his little head! All I know is we must capture him alive and bring him back here. Oh my goodness I have so much to do and so little time!” William grimaced as he heard various beakers shattering, no doubt the cause behind it being Karl himself. “I feel like I’m experimenting on a heartless for the first time! Can you not feel it William? The exhilaration in knowing I can finish what I started?!”

“I uh, can’t say I do, Karl.”

“Bah, whatever it isn’t important. What is, is that you need to grab a test subject for me. Noah brought me the married couple, and now I require another. I know thirteen is an unlucky number but I feel that to hold no merit in this venture!” William had to do a double take from this information.

“Wood are you crazy?! You want me to catch someone in the middle of broad daylight?!” William cries.

“Oh come now, William. You’re smart enough to find Eno in a crowd, I’m sure this will be a cakewalk. Use your ingenuity my friend! All it should take is luring someone away and electrocuting them.” William shakes his head before pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Karl you know it’s never that easy. They always scream when they’re shocked. That’s going to bring Radiant Garden on my head with the sun being out, and you had to use a defibrillator on the last two I brought in using that.”

“I don’t care, it still works fine.  Oh, before I let you go this next subject needs to be in the range of twelve to nineteen years of age. Gender doesn’t matter. The reason I say this is while children’s hearts are full of light the husks never survive the process. With adults we always get that odd conglomeration of human and husk features. I feel that a teenager should have an equal balance and either provide us with a strong husk, or another you!”

“Uh, I don’t think it works like that.”

“Again, don’t care, just do as I ask please? As soon as you have it in your possession contact me again. I’ll have Noah on standby to bring you to the lab. Thank you again Will you have no idea how much that information means to me!” And with that the line goes silent, leaving him alone in the alley.

“You son of a bitch, Karl.” He sighs before turning his attention back to the crowd. The minutes tick by as he sits there, waiting for an opportunity. So far, the ones that pass by fitting the age group don’t necessarily stand out among the populace. Even if he felt that he was being rushed, he had to be methodical, subtle, and above all swift. That doesn’t happen spontaneously, it takes time…

Ironically enough, the ten minute mark would provide him with the opportunity he desired. His eyes barely caught a glimpse of her, but it was enough to imprint her appearance in his head.

She was rather short, not more than five feet. Sadly he almost confused her for a small child at first, were it not for her face. Her body type seemed to match her height.  She seemed to be skin and bones. While brief, from what he saw her clothing consisted of a blue top with a bright pink-purple bow.  A white portion in the center showed him a section of her white multi-piece belt. At the top on the sleeve sides were segments of pink cloth with a single white stripe on each piece. Her dress has small sleeves with button-clasps. She also seemed to be wearing a white skirt piece that looked opened in the middle. Pink and white striped socks and what he thought were slippers completed her appearance. If he didn’t know any better he thought she’d be ready to drop and fall right to sleep.

Though what stood out for him the most in those seconds were her bright pink eyes that seemed alight with joy,  or rather inquisitiveness he couldn’t tell from his angle. That and her waist length, messy hair seemed to have a little sway and bounce as she moved. She quickly made her way by, none the wiser to the man lurking within. Her general attitude brought a smile to William’s face.

“Oh yes, you’ll do nicely,” he said to himself, getting to his feet. Hurriedly he made his way to the entrance, not wanting to lose sight of the girl. As he peeked around the corner he saw that there was more distance that he would have liked. In no time at all he was out of the alleyway and back in the crowds, watching from a distance. He’d bide his time and wait for her to be alone and out of the public eye. Then he’d strike.

Back to top Go down

Eno
Things seemed to be off to a good start. In all honesty, Xoen didn't get the same feeling of anxiety from Asmodeus as he did with Feisu. In fact, he felt nothing at all from this man. Whether he was suppressing his alignment, or merely a man of neutral persuasion remained to be seen. Like with Feisu he'd observe Asmodeus to ascertain his motives. Until that moment arrive he'd try to give him the same benefit of a doubt.

Considering that this meeting is friendly rather than confrontational was a great start.

“Nice to meet you too,” Xoen brings his hand back to his side before continuing. “As long as you’re willing to work with others you’re fine.” He points to four guards that entered to bulk up the numbers in the area. He hoped to use them as an example as he spoke.

“Like those that defend this world, we have to employ teamwork. With that being said I would like to know what it is you’re capable of doing. Same goes for you, Feisu.” He turns to him, looking the three over before adding, “I know you can summon your Perfections, you’ve told me they’ll follow your commands, and I gotta say that I like the variety of orders available. But I’d like to know more about you. We’re going to be working together after all.”

His gaze lingers for a few moments. Thoughts of what occurred just moments ago resurface. With a shake of his head to clear it from his mind, he brings his attention back to Asmodeus.

“Actually, I don’t suppose you’d care about going first would you? Just tell me what you’re willing to share.”

Last edited by Xoen on March 18th 2014, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Penelope
Where in the world was she? Penelope had boarded this strange ship that took her into the sky, through the stars, and had brought her here. The old guys piloting it said he wanted a travle buddy and she was the gal to do the job. Beyond that, she was absolutely ignorant of everything. The busy bizarre she had found herself wandering into with its many people that pushed and shoved her this way and that. All this hababaloo was tiring her out.

Aw... All I wanna do is take a nap... Penelope thought to herself, holding the one-ton doll Freya close to her chest. Every person that shoved on by was shot a groggy glare. But then again, her adamant will to find a quiet place to nap stopped her from making a scene.

But on the same token, it was kind of exciting, getting to see new places like this. Everything was so different compared to the other place she was at not too long ago. What was the name..? Oh yeah, Disney Town! The cartoonish vibe of that place was a stark contrast from this place, where everything was so elegant and detailed. And there were no animal people, which greatly disheartened the girl.

Penelope huffed, looking to the doll in her arms. I wish they had a Chaple here. Then I could nap no problem. She looked up again to find the throng of people thinning out and smiled in delight, rushing forward with her bear-slippered feet. Bursting out of the marketplace, Penelope quickly began looking around for a nice, warm place to lay down, preferably in the sun. And she did.

Not too far away was pile of fabrics, most likely belonging to an unattentive merchant. Belly-flopping the pile, she giggled. There was no better feeling than napping in the sun! Her drive for the act had made her completely unaware of her surroundings and any possible dangers. Naps. That's all that mattered. Oh! And maybe some snacks when she woke up. That would be a good idea. Settling down and snuggling into the pile, she closed her eyes and smiled. It was a matter of mere seconds before soft snores could be heard coming from her direction.

Back to top Go down

Feisu
Feisu rolled his eyes, and stayed silent as Len and Xoen chatted. Honestly, what a show off. Some idiot just walking up to two obviously unordinary strangers, and asking if he could help them. He listened in to them, though, so he could get the general idea. He didn't like much of this, but if it was going to get Yima's trust, he needed it.

The two winged Perfections ran right up to Len. As they had with Xoen, they found the human fascinating. They made little cooing noises, and occasionally gave his legs or belly a small poke of curiosity. They were harmless until Feisu said so. They acted like mindles babies playing with their little rattles.

"So who the hell are you?" Feisu finally asked Len.

Perfection Adoption

Back to top Go down

William Ice
William couldn’t believe his eyes. This little girl had naught a care in the world. She even carried a little doll with her. He had no idea what to make of her other than she was pretty strange. He kept pace with her throughout the area, being sure to maneuver around the people in order to keep a visual.

Eventually the two left the crowded streets. While there were still a few around, the numbers were significantly less. It’d only be a matter of time before he’d be given his opportunity. William licked his lips in anticipation, chuckling to himself all the while.

Suddenly she started to run, forcing him to pick up the pace. He came pretty close to losing her once or twice, but come to find out her destination wasn’t going to be as far as he thought. When he saw her flop down on the fabrics left out in the open he didn’t know what to think. That is until he could pick up the faint sounds of snoring naught but a few seconds later.

His smile widened, he couldn’t believe his luck. She just made his task so incredibly easy. With a soft cackle he made his way over to a nearby home. Leaning against it to hide himself, he brought out his armguard.

“Hey Karl, I got the subject. She’s ready for pickup.” Seconds tick by before someone responds.

“Yo Will, I heard ya.” William was surprised to hear Noah on the other line. “I’ll be there in a few, just make sure she doesn’t get away.”

“You won’t have to worry about that, she’s dead asleep,” he shakes his head before adding, “I can’t believe it’s going to be this easy.”

You and me both man,” Noah replies from right next to William. The poor vagrant impersonator jumps a bit, his heart racing. The corridor to darkness summoned vanishes from sight. Luckily no one was around to see him appear.

“Don’t do that so suddenly, what if you were seen?!” Noah merely shrugs in response.

“We’d just kill them wouldn’t we?” Will shakes his head, disappointed at his partner’s answer.

“And you two say I’m impatient. Come on she’s over here.” William makes his way around the building, his fellow scientist close behind. Thankfully she is right where he left her, sleeping.

“That’s her?” William nods, “Alright man, let’s get her before she wakes up.”

“Wait, what about the people? They’ll see us take her.”

“I don’t think we’ll get another chance man. If we’re going to do this it has to be now rather than later.” Noah takes in the area before adding, “Who knows when we’ll be in a lightly populated area again?”

“Yeah you’re right, come on let’s go. We’ll do this quickly.” With that said William runs full speed towards her. Noah follows mere feet behind.

“Now you’re talkin’” When they’re close enough, Noah acts first. In one swift movement he grabs both William and the girl by the back of her neck. The three are consumed by a dome of darkness. The trip itself seems instantaneous. Within seconds the three are in the long, narrow hallway that opens up to the testing table. Though unlike the outside, this place is significantly colder.

Last edited by William Ice on March 19th 2014, 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top