Hot Damn Kids
June 2nd 2017, 4:53 pm
Newo

Hi!
May 29th 2017, 8:20 pm
Noko Troshiro (Adult)

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Azmot
MAG : 1
Munny should be an in character thing.

It should be something that characters are aware of it we can by "In-Character" things like World Expansions, ability slots for tournaments, and even put BOUNTIES in character, then it should not be an OOC thing. According to

SHIROU VELOX AKA MANA AKA KANG

is Munny OOC?
[10:39:55 PM] Michael: Yes.
[10:40:03 PM] Michael: "So why can it buy IC things?"
[10:40:28 PM] Michael: I don't have an answer to that question, if you were wondering.

So vote now, we have two options -

Take away all IC things from the shop.

OR

Make Munny IC.

That means people can steal it from you if you keep it on you, someone could theoretically create an economy, and even a banking system.

This means the Lottery is IC. We can justify the OOC purchases in the shop as "Personal expenses", like groceries clothes etc. for continuity's sake.

But yeah, take your pic. Things must change.

Back to top Go down

Trixie
We can use them for both IC and OoC things, can't we? >.>

Back to top Go down

WR-105
Considering this is a story system, making a system to earn things, when we just got rid of that aspect, makes the latter seem...outdated.

Back to top Go down

Bronson Field
We can, Trixie, but not logically. If munny is OOC then how do we buy IC things?

And yeah, it works to some sort of way in that system. The third option is always remove it.

Back to top Go down

WR-105
I'd rather remove the IC things from the shop than make it an IC currency.

Back to top Go down

Zeferoth
I think it should remain OOC if we keep it. I just don't think we need yet another thing to worry about.

Theme: I am All of Me - Crush 40

Battle Theme: Die by the Sword - Dragon Force

Zeferoth's Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11762-zeferoth-chaosu
Color: Crimson

Sombra's Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11796-sombra-azrael#139045
Color: Blue

Kisala's Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11823-kisala-kinzoku
Color: Cyan

Back to top Go down

Death
I don't see the point for either of these options.

Back to top Go down

Azmot
MAG : 1
I know you don't care about the site being retarded, but I do.

Back to top Go down

WR-105
I think death is saying option three, remove munny.

Back to top Go down

Trixie
So what about the world expansions and buildings and defense NPCs? I'm assuming they count as IC purchases

Back to top Go down

WR-105
They do.

Back to top Go down

Trixie
Does that mean we could just get them for free if we remove IC purchasing?

Back to top Go down

Death
Death wrote:I don't see the point for either of these options.

Correction, Topic.

This honestly seems more like a personal preference rather anything else

It's honestly feels like an argument That I think isn't worth arguing since we don't have enough OOC stuff to properly have a store and it gives world leaders a way to improve their worlds and defenses and as well simple things for members

Back to top Go down

Bronson Field
I'm confused if you don't understand the point of the topic or don't care.

Back to top Go down

Death
It's understood, which is the reason why I don't see the point of it.

For the reasons I stated.

Back to top Go down

WR-105
We shouldn't have a store for IC stuff in the first place. This is why we got rid of slots. If we were just gonna change the system so we could buy things in character then let's not half ass the system. Either stick to the story or stick to slots and earning things.

It's stupid to have to only earn SOME things and not others. It's really arbitrary.

Back to top Go down

Mana
This isn't a pressing matter and it doesn't really make the RPing experience better or worse. Calling a site retarded is not only uncalled for, but it also implies that just because we don't do something your specific way, then it's retarded.

The munny system is fine as it is. It's currently in it's baby steps still and we haven't had any major problems so far. Making it an IC thing and having the ability to steal from somebody would just cause a greater rift in the community and enforce people hiding in private topics because they are seemingly incapable of protecting themselves.

As for IC things being purchased with OOC currency? Why does it matter? Sure it doesn't make sense really, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. It's like those pay to play games, where you pay real money to get stuff in the game.

Back to top Go down

WR-105
I don't understand the point of earning specific things with posts if we changed the site so we didn't have to do that.

Back to top Go down

Kang
The IC stuff in the store are things that you don't particularly ever will need and are optional. It's a method of controlling a certain creation aspect without completely forbidding it. It's less about finding things to buy with munny/post and more of a way to allow people to get special things in a regulated way.

Characters:
Mana
Sicarius
Xramu
Vex
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Bronson Field
World Defense are potentially very important and could become necessary if HT's become more prevalent. But if the IC things aren't important then why have them at all?

Back to top Go down

Kang
If they were important, than they wouldn't be something you need to earn. The things in the shop aren't supposed to be pertinent to RPing, they're supposed to be things to enjoy that enrich your RP experience.

Characters:
Mana
Sicarius
Xramu
Vex
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Beta Genesis
I personally believe (and have for sometime even before the Munny system was actually integrated) that it should all remain in character. Both Munny itself and purchases. But that's my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Yima
We could assume that the munny we earn is a generalized amount our characters come across through rping kinda lie munny balls in the games. The question then is for the ooc items in the shop which could have a ic alternative you also get for buying them or could just be assumed to be a bad investment make up your own reason for spending it ic. What are your guys' thoughts on having ic/ooc for items that were ooc?

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like

Back to top Go down

Kang
I talked a bit to Yima about this and this is what we agreed on.

Munny will remain an OOC thing, however, when purchasing something IC, you say that you had the munny IC. Onyx, the character, can say, "This building cost me 5000000MU" while it cost him, the member, 10000MU. So basically, IC Munny is different than OOC Munny, and IC munny is something you can choose yourself,.

In addition, when you do buy something IC, like a building or an NPC, you (the character) aren't literally buying them. You aren't handing 10000MU to have an NPC join your army. You spend that munny, OOC-wise, to create the circumstances of how you got what you did IC-wise. The munny is only a medium to get things OOC wise. How you explain it in character is up to you.

Characters:
Mana
Sicarius
Xramu
Vex
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top