(Open) A Simple Errand
August 26th 2017, 1:28 pm
Hoshiko

Mana Monolith [WIP]
August 22nd 2017, 2:57 pm
Rambles

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lynette Elise
Lynette hadn't been avoiding people since the World's Congress... well, not exactly. She just hadn't been looking for them, that was all.

Still, staying in Castle Oblivion, even with matters as busy as they were the the structural reinforcement and the securing of the lines of defense... well, anyone could get bored and... well, lonely.

Lynette took to walking the hallways on those days when she could get herself to step out from her room. She wasn't looking for anyone or anything in particular, just someone to talk to. Particularly since she was still so confused by the changes going on inside her. She still couldn't control her magic like others could. She didn't have the focus for it.

The only thing which kept her from destroying everything around her, rather ironically, was the voice in the back of her head, the one who sometimes pulled on her like there were... like there were puppeteer's strings tied to her.

She wore her cloak everywhere, in part because it was something to hide her and in part because it was warm and she... well, she didn't do so well in the cold anymore.

But sitting with no interaction but the voices inside her own head... well, that wouldn't be good for anyone and it was even worse for her, given her own weaknesses. So she found herself looking for someone to talk to, if only for an afternoon.

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
Wandering the castle oblivion, Ren was wearing a new suit and everything for the meeting of world leaders, he was wearing the same cloths and he also has gloves today, his white hair styled so it covers his left eye. He stands up from the bench he was takeing a break on, and turn the corner, and sees the lady he met at the conference. He would walk up like he did be fore and will say" Hello there, I don't think you would remember me, because you left in such a hurry, so I must introduce my self again. I am Ren, and you are?" Ren will say after kissing the back of her hand. Then backing up, prepared for anything, because some girls would slap him after that action.

Ikarus theme song:  Ikarus

Ikarus fight song:Wings of Ikarus

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Okay, Lynette was startled by the very old-fashioned gallantry... but she wasn't offended by it. She flushed slightly, mostly because she still had issues with thinking of herself as being decades older than she seemed to be, and she smiled at Ren.

"Hello, Ren. I am called Lynette. What... what brings you to Castle Oblivion today?"

She dimly remembered someone like him, but to say that her mind had been on other things at the Worlds Congress would be putting matters mildly, so she didn't have a very clear memory of much of anything.

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
Ren hearing her name ment that she wasn't offended, which ment he was haveing a good start." Well, I was walking around traveling spreading peace, and well, makeing friends, like the person by the name of onyx, heard that he was, so called, evil. He did seem like a nice person. But then I was just walking around. Then I met you for a second time." Ren says, his smile still on his face, his smile was a smile one would give to a friend.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Hearing Onyx's name caused Lynette to frown slightly, mostly out of concern because she had a distinct feeling that this young man was innocent... and quite, quite ignorant.

"Have a care, should you meet the Steward of the Castle, about speaking that name here. He is most certainly not a topic of conversation that should be lightly engaged." She sighed. "Most of the construction is to better defend against him, should he set his sights on this place."

She took a deep breath. "Normally, I would say that true Evil is not as common as some would say, but in the case of that man... I suspect that it is even more complicated and horrific than even I would give him credit for. The fact of the matter is that he destroys worlds, slaughters millions of innocent lives."

She sighed. "I cannot say that he is even alone in that endeavor, but that is where things become complicated. The simple circumstance is that he wishes to destroy and we wish to preserve. This means that we are at conflict, and conflict often destroys no matter how much we wish to protect, or how much we have to protect."

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
Seeing that Lynette winkles her beautiful face with a frown made Ren sad. " well it sounds like onyx isn't a topic of importance here, at least in friendly terms. So how about if I hear about you?" Ren says this as he straightens his suit.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Lynette had to chuckle softly. "Me? I don't know that I'm a topic of any interest, to be honest. I'm a storyteller, something of a Bard, in all honesty, though since coming here I have found that these worlds have been changing me."

She paused. "At least, I think it is the worlds. Some days I would tell you that I can't remember my own name much less anything else of my past. My journey, though, has been simple enough, I suppose. I arrived in Traverse Town and fled there when I was attacked in a cafe about... oh, I think about a year ago. It's difficult to remember, but I do remember there being snow on the ground." She chuckled softly. "My dog didn't like the snow."

She sighed. "After I left Traverse Town, I wandered until I arrived in Disney Town just before the events with Cool's doppelganger. In that chaos, I fled to Neverland and found sanctuary there until Onyx attempted to drown the world in lava, as he had already done to Disney Town before it."

She pulled her cloak more tightly around her. "After that, I came here. The Steward and I know each other from other places and he was kind enough to give me sanctuary."

She looked at the young man. "What about you? What is your story?"

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
" I don't really have one, all I remember was wakeing up in the sands of destiny island wth onyx sitting next to me, and he said we were friends. He told me what has happened and he said that I should go with my mark of a goddess, to go save worlds from darkness." Ren says his suit seemed to become even whiter.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Lynette tilted her head in curiosity. To be bluntly honest, her only personal interaction with Onyx had been on a battlefield when she had lost control of herself and her magic in an attempt to save Neverland from utter destruction.

She had to wonder what the man was like when he wasn't drowning worlds in lava and darkness.

"That is an interesting quest that you have. There are so many ways to interpret that goal, you know. And there will always be those who disagree with your interpretation and your goals. How you cope with that disagreement, with that fundamental conflict, can be a greater test than any battle."

She looked at him carefully. "How do you interpret that task? How do you define 'salvation'?"

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
" there really is no such thing as salvation, it is a word used to define peace, when peace will never last forever." Ren says, as snow starts to fall around him.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
Lynette shook her head. "No, salvation is real. I know it. Salvation is when a soul is brought back from the darkness of self-absorption to realize that they are part of a larger whole, and are responsible for those around them. Salvation is realizing that we are lost and helpless, but that there is still hope."

She held a single hand out to Ren, palm up. "Salvation is a gift, freely offered with no expectations. Redemption is possible, even for those who are lost to themselves and those who care about them."

She smiled gently at him. "It is Love, and Hope, and concern for others more than for the self. It is the will to lead, not rule. Maybe you just need to see more, look at the worlds through the eyes of those who live in them. See all the beauty and the wonder that needs to be preserved lest it be destroyed forever."

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
" well then, I will never reach salvation, for my heart will always have darkness, for I am stuck with my Fate. No one will love me, no matter how hard I try. I will always be a out cast." Ren says as he sits down on the floor. He dosn't look at her as he says" to me salvation would be pointless to try to give, for I struggle between light and darkness, for it is a battle worlds face."

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
She knelt next to him, keeping the cloak close to her even as she did so. "So quick to surrender your hope? For shame. We are all formed of light and darkness in greater or lesser proportions. It is what you do with what you have that is your test."

She smiled at him. "We are not called to be purely one thing or another. That would be a travesty, a rejection of the complicated tapestry that life can be. Darkness can heal as well as Light can. Light can be just as much a tyrant as Dark. It's not the natures that carry the threat, it's how they are used and to what degree."

She chuckled softly. "Without Mercy, even Justice is a Tyrant. You should not give up hope. So long as you hope, so long as you continue to try, then even temporary failures can be used to your advantage. You just have to believe."

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
"What your saying makes me believe that I do have a chance, just a slim chance though." Ren says." I didn't say I was loseing my hope to win over my darkness, for even now I am fighting the urge to destroy this area, or put it into a year of snow." Ren seems to be alittle sad.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
She sighed, trying to smile weakly. "I would appreciate you restraining your impulses. There are innocent people who live here, who depend upon the Steward for their safety and their livelihood. He takes his responsibilities to them most seriously indeed. As for myself..."

She chuckled softly, pulling the cloak closer around her. "I do not endure cold very well anymore at all, I'm afraid. I feel it most bitterly."

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
"That's why I have to control my self, and not lose my self to darkness. I have o restrain my self, and when people are around it seems to increase. But when I am near you it seems to lessen." Ren says as he stands.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
She smiled. "I am glad for that. I like the idea of being able to bring out the better side of people. Too many people focus on bringing out the worst in those around them. It seems wasteful to me when we could do so much more if we just tried."

She looked down at the hem of her cloak. "People spend so much effort fighting each other, arguing with each other, when it's just so wasteful... so tragic... so many lives lost, so much potential gone... I want so much to help people. It's all I've ever wanted to do."

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
"Seems like you care a lot about people. I'm trying to keep people from getting hurt, I didn't think of how to change it forever." Ren says, he takes off the jacket he was wearing, and puts it down on the ground, revealing the slash in his shirt, which seems to have been a large cut at a point, the skin under the shirt was pink.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
She sighed, seeing the remains of what must have been a terrible wound. "The only way to end the fighting forever is forgiveness. It's not easy but it's the only way."

She sighed again. "But the problem is that peace in any form is incredibly fragile. As a wise man once wrote, it takes but one foe to breed a war and those who have no swords may still die upon them." She shook her head slowly. "The only way to truly find peace is to realize that there will always be those who seek to take it away from you, and that you must be strong enough to battle them when the fight comes looking for you."

She looked around at the construction, all of it defensive in nature. "But none of us here are looking for any battles, we do not seek war, in any form. I fear, though, that it seeks us whether we wish it or not."

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
"It dose follow the peaceful. I don't seek violence but it finds me." Ren says. He seems to be in pain." There are people that seek to kill me. They refuse to stop hunting me."

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
The words made Lynette very concerned. There were hunters and then there were Hunters. Such things were dangerous territory indeed, particularly in these troubled times.

His pain called out to her, though, for all that she was worried about his wounding and how long he had been struggling with it. It made her hands ache with the need to ease his burden... but she knew that even her instincts could be used against her.

Against Simon, who sheltered her.

"Hunters? What... what cause do they claim for their hunt? Surely they must believe themselves justified in such a thing."

Her hands clenched inside the cloak, needing to reach out to him and ease away his pain, but she... she could not yet risk it. Not when there was so much more than just herself at risk.

Not with a life of utmost innocence at risk.

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
" they believe that my friendship with onyx will cause trouble. They think I could destroy a city, and I believe they are right, just my darkness would need to forced into my heart." Ren says this as he grabs his head, it suddenly hurting.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
She could understand the fears about his friendship. She knew full well that Simon would have more than just fears about the presence of a young man who was known to be friendly to Onyx within the castle he was charged with protecting, amongst the people whose safety he took so very seriously.

But when he suddenly started to collapse from a headache... Lyn's hand was forced. She'd been victim of more than her fair share of migraine headaches over her lifetime and her instant sympathy for that sort of pain overrode her need to be cautious.

Particularly since she could feel the lunge of the fragile life within her as she tried to reach him to heal the pain away herself.

She reached her hands out to take his, healing magic flowing from her into him to ease the pain away and restore his health.

"No one here wants to force darkness into anyone's heart. We only wish to live our lives in peace, so long as we are allowed such. We wish to be a haven, a refuge for all those who just want to live well enough alone. We don't want to hurt anyone, or allow anyone to be hurt when we could help them."

Back to top Go down

Ikarus/Ren
"Sounds like a nice place, but if I didn't think I would destroy this place with its nice people, I would consider livening here, but before I could live here, I would need a thing or person to keep me from going mad, and lose my self to darkness." Ren says the pain still in his head just not as bad.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
She smiled at him even as she did her best to ease his pain. "Madness stalks us all. I know that burden and it is no stranger to me. I am lucky, though, there is a voice in my head, a puppeteer who pulls me this way and that. Because of her, I do not lose myself to the magic I cannot control in my Nameless state."

She slowly pulled her hands back, once she was certain that she had done all that she could. "We would welcome you here, if you wished to live among us in peace. Everyone has their burdens, after all."

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top