Jongori
August 13th 2017, 8:10 pm
Chastelle

Fireball
August 13th 2017, 8:01 pm
Chastelle

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jeremi
All at once, every single window in Castle Oblivion blew out. Dark Energy rushed through every available opening as an unbelievably unstable Corridor of Darkness opened on the Thirteenth Floor.

The Steward stepped through, and reached into the portal, grabbing and yanking something through. A blur of red hair and dark clothes was ripped through, and thrown, almost thoughtlessly, into the stone throne at the back of the room.

He didn't say a word. That was the worst bit.

Dark energy poured off of him as he stood there, in the center of the room, motionless. The Castle around him began to hum dully, resonating with its master's power. The various aides of the Castle rushed in, only to find their master standing before them.

"Bring a healer. Tend to the girl." He said. His voice laden with fury.

A healer rushed past, giving her master a wide berth as she set about working white magic on the young woman in the throne. ...One of the Castle Guard approached, hoping to understand what was the matter... And recoiled away when he saw the dark energy beginning to corrode his armor.

"M-my liege? What causes your distress?"

"No more."

"I-i'm sorry?"

"Send for Rorschach. Find him, now. I want him here by morning. And go to Neverland. There is a woman there. Powerful magic, but no skill to use it. Bring her here. I don't care if she's willing, but, if she comes here dead, the responsible parties will be joining her."

...The castellans of Oblivion were immediately afraid for their lives. THIS was the sort of intensity, unilaterality of command, and unreasoning fury they had suffered under in times long ago. They vacated at once, to be about their work, fearing the consequences of their failure. The healer soon left, leaving her job half-done, a Regen spell doing the rest of the work.

...Jeremi turned to look at his young friend.

"...No more, Axis. This ends."

...He called her by her new name. ...What he understood to be her slave name.

...If he were in the mood to think about it, he would wonder how she'd react. ...He was in no such mood.

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
(Note: I have permission to join this topic.)

Strange how things happen, how events seem to arrange themselves. Simon had never called on her, not yet in her lifetime, but she trusted no one else in these worlds like she trusted him, would always trust him.

And she needed that refuge after what happened in Neverland. Her home was gone, splintered to pieces in the shattering transformation that had revealed the awesome potential that was her magic.

The power to destroy worlds... and create them anew from the very ashes they left behind.

But she was so very new to such power, and so very scared by her own potential. She needed his strength, the reassurance of his presence.

The room filled with a heat that carried with it the fragrance of new-blossomed flowers, and scorched wood and stone. There was the sound of barking and a small dog ran into the room, frantic and desperate for comfort, though it was painfully obvious that there was precious little comfort for her to be found here.

A few heartbeats later, a woman materialized in the corner of the room, her clothes burned to shreds on her body, the aura of her magic fading around her, leaving a few scattered, glowing feathers on the ground.

She looked around, a lost expression on her face. "S-simon? Simon... it's Neverland... my home is gone... but the land still stands. I... I did what I could but... I don't know what's happening to me!"

The last came out in a wail of despair and confusion.

She looked up at him and saw the girl with him, saw the damage that was done to her, and shuddered as the magic rose up again beyond her control, blue-white tinged with pale pink-white, reaching out to her to heal and restore her on sheer instinct.

"Oh no... how... how long was I out? How long ago did I fade? How many worlds have met the fate Neverland almost did?"

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Felonix
MAG : 8
(I believe I've been invited to this? If not, ignore my post)

A large shattering from above broke Felonix's concentration. He had 'borrowed' one of Jeremi's books on magic and secluded himself away to his wing of the castle to study it. All it once, though, it sounded as though someone had broken a thousand mirrors directly above him. A small amount of whiskey in a glass placed on the desk near near his hand began to vibrate as Felonix leaned back in his chair.

For a world in the middle of nowhere, it sure seems hard to get some peace and quiet around here.

He turned to the small computer console sitting on the table next to him, turning a dial marked 'volume' from 0 to 7, the voice coming through it getting louder as the dial was turned.

Sir, what have I told you about muting me?

What have I told you about annoying me? Just be happy I haven't scrapped you yet.

I have important news Sir.

Felonix scoffed, audibly. IAGIS, you think everything is important news. Don't make me regret installing a second module in here.

Sir, this one is most certainly important. Master Jeremi has requested your presence in the throne room, immediately.

That probably explains that rumbling.. Damn it IAGIS, why didn't you tell me sooner? Felonix turned to walk out the door, grabbing Burning Rage from its resting place on the wall as he did.

Well, Sir, you mut..

Enough with your excuses. I've no time for them!

With that, he walked through the door, towards the corridor that would lead him to the Thirteenth Floor. As the corridor doors open, denizens of Castle Oblivion ran around in a hurry with a panicked look on each face. Glass was everywhere on the floor, but most didn't seem to care as they ran different directions, scared. He began pushing past the crowd, moving slowly so as to not add to the chaos. Before he could reach the throne room, a denizen on the Castle grabbed at his sleeve.

Do not go in there Sir. Jeremi has asked for solitude.

No, Jeremi asked for ME. Piss off. He shook his arm free from the resident. He wasn't truly angry with the individual, but crowds and Felonix had never gotten along well. He arrived at the doors to the throne room, opening them with sword in hand. He could immediately see Jeremi standing over what looked to be Axis' lifeless body lying in the throne, a dark fury in his presence that Felonix had not seen from the man since the death of Leo. A strange woman was with them, reaching out to the body of the female Nobody. Something was very visibly wrong here. He moved slowly to Jeremi's side, looking down at the body of Axis.

I take it you didn't call me here to review my proposal for a new military structure? He partially joked, referring to the recent intrusion of Enigma. It seemed as though it took the haz-mat crew hours to scrub his poison out of the Entrance Hall. Jeremi was in no joking mood though. Ignoring the girl standing at her side, Felonix looked down to Axis, who still hadn't said anything. Had she done something to make Jeremi this angry? Is she no longer to be considered ally? Grip tightened on Burning Rage as he spoke again.

What happened here?

Back to top Go down

Beta Genesis
Fire. Damnation. All at once. Before eyes of disbelief. Buildings shattered and crumbled. No longer amassed. The screams of innocent which faded over corruption of the land. Nothing left. No chance in the fields of hell. It was all over. Just like that. Then just as quickly taken away. A thunderous roar of protest. One which cracked the very skies that glowered with the shine of all consuming destruction. Not now. Don't leave. Not this way. It had to stay. There was no leaving. No there couldn't be. Not that there was any debate. Torn through a darken void. Halloween Town was all but lost. Replaced by familiar elegance of ivory. Blurred by speed. Which overtook in conjunction with a forceful pull of an ever hard hand. One belonging to friend and at the same time foreign to their usual disposition. Not that it was easily realized. Not now. Not in this instance.

Literally sent through design of a marble throne. Cracked and broken apart. Troublesome debris of various pieces scattered and dropped upon body. Afterwards, not a word. No sign of movement. Breathing the only viable sign of life. Mind all but broken. Body unwilling to give to impulse. Even if there were any to follow. Nothing by still and silence. A lifeless figure buried among the remains of a petty seat that meant nothing more than a badge of useless monarchy. Something failed to be kept to mind. Thus the ruins of Halloween Town and Christmas Town. Now the repercussion. Lifeless, what a truth. What was there left after such a display. After being the cause of such madness. This was fault. A guilt to be burdened. All those people dead. The land left to poison under a false god. It was fault. A terrible fault. So foolish. So brash. It was gone and at the reign of her lead.

Lost in the oblivion of tempered abandonment. There would continue to be nothing. For that was what she was. A big nothing. As of this moment. Even as a healer came to side. To revitalize the damages. There was nothing. Heal all they wanted. It would be no use. So on and so forth it would continue this way. Even after the healer left. The Oblivion Lord left to his own devices as well. Though more anger towards the situation than disbelief or self loathing. As far as to emit a heavy radiance about himself as well as the castle. Shattering glass, the floor rumbling under influence. All would fall prey to wrath. All except for one of no conciousness. No baring to be had for reality to register. Even with the arrival of both Lynette nor Felonix. Both considered friends. Not that it mattered much right now. Nothing did. Not a single thing. Not even self.

Though she could hear their voices. Hear the words each had to contribute. Axis continued against the floor. Unable to allow herself proper humanity. So consumed by events. Lost in personal disarray. To point that even Lynette's efforts. As experienced and skillful a woman she was in her arts. Could do no good. Physically Axis was restored. Mentally and otherwise, the Eternal Flame was all but gone.

Back to top Go down

Lynette Elise
A tiny voice spoke up inside the broken and grief-locked mind of the Eternal Flame. "Please, Saria... friend of my mother... wake up. Don't do this to yourself!"

She was so small that she barely had a physical presence, and certainly not one that Lynette was aware of, but she had magic to rival even that of the Firebird in her own way.

And she knew the pain that wracked Axis' soul.

"Do you think that you're the only one who grieves for lives lost before your eyes? For worlds destroyed against your best efforts? I gave my life to save a people who were then slaughtered before my blood was even cold on the ground. The man I loved turned dark and violent as a consequence. Please, Saria... don't let the Abomination win again by destroying your soul! Don't let what happened to me happen to you too!"

The grief, still so strong even after untold years on the other side of the line between living and dead, was strong in her mind as she pled with Axis.

"There is so much that I'm going to forget when I'm born, I know that and it hurts but it's the only way. The only way that the one who killed me doesn't win. You don't have to take this path. You don't have to die as I did, leaving those who love you to become demons in your absence from grief and rage of their own."

Axis would likely see within her mind's eye a girl with pink-streaked blonde hair and deep blue eyes, a girl who looked so much like Lynette, and yet so different, standing with her hands outstretched.

"Please! Take my hand before you die in this place! My mother needs you! She cannot fight this Abomination alone!"

Even as the unborn spirit fought to rouse the soul of Flame, Lynette fell to her knees, her magic dwindling to a bare spark from over-use. She choked slightly on a sob of frustration and exhaustion.

"What's going on? Why won't she wake up? What happened?"

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Jeremi
All the sudden activity broke the wrathful titan from hsi reverie.

Moving from the center of the room, he gently scooped Axis up into his arms. The throne began to rebuild itself, the flawless marble fusing back together as he sat down, the blazing Nobody spread across his lap and forearms.

"...Apocalypse happened. Halloween Town, this time." He said, answering them both. Looking to Felonix, he continued.

"Felonix, from this point forward? You are my commander in chief. Restructure the Castle Guard as you see fit. Hire on new soldiers, if you feel you must. This place needs to be fortified. Castle Oblivion can no longer be idle in these times. We must act before the enemy. We need to get stronger. ...I want the Guard put through training regimens, daily. Hire some architects. We need to make this place a fortress."

With that said, he turned his attention to the woman in his arms. ...He could only imagine what she was feeling. He'd been lucky enough to detatch from these worlds. To move away, emotionally, from their people. Axis never had such an opportunity. Seeing Halloween Town laid to waste must have been a massive shock.

"...The desolation is incomplete. They survived, Axis. Not many. But, enough. Enough to move on. Enough to rebuild. And they will rebuild. You'll help them. You'll lead them. And, you'll have my support, for as long as you require it. ...We won't let them do this. Not again."

...His tone went slightly darker, as he gazed ahead of him, unfocused.

"No more."

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top