Xalwin
October 9th 2017, 2:08 am
AlwinNutt

Rasul
October 9th 2017, 2:08 am
DarkGodRasul

Staff
Updates
10.3.2017 - A mysterious light filled the Sea of Skies. Those who wielded great power and abilities found themselves back at square one, as if reset.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mohon
Mohon was glad to see Valerie looking so happy. For a moment he considered inviting her to his world so he could show instead of tell... but he thought it might be a bit inappropriate considering they just met. For some reason, it felt like inviting a girl to his room.

There's a library over there. He points at one of the stores. They probably have it, so I'll tell you while we go.

They begin to walk towards the library, Mohon in a good mood and hoping that Valerie felt the same.

As I told you, the book tells the story of d'Artagnan as he tries to become a Musketeer and fights corrupt lords in France. Begins to explain Mohon. His tale is used to exemplify how a Musketeer should be: valiant, audacious, skilled, but also kind, caring of companionship and loyal to his home and King. The Country of the Musketeers is now renowned for being the home of such warriors. There's even this saying I like, and that every Musketeer takes to heart: "all for one and one for all". It's like saying that everyone is always willing to help each other. Nice, isn't it? Mohon smiles at Valerie as they walk into the library. Life there is peaceful at times, hectic at others. People that follow the path of the sword like me are urged to train every day and teach newbie soldiers the basics. As I'm basically part of the military and basically a Musketeer too, that's a job I've been entrusted with many times since I began to live there. It's pretty fun though, so I won't complain.

I started to live there at the same time that the new King did. His name is Nicholas Jameson. He's a great man, Mohon's eyes shine with respect, loyal to his country and to his friends... he's also my master and has taught me a lot about my sword and myself. I admire him deeply and he's probably the strongest person I've yet to meet.

Mohon walks over to a certain bookshelf, searches for a moment and takes out the book titled The Three Musketeers. Here you go, my lady. Mohon bows before Valerie, mostly to joke around.

Last edited by Mohon on January 1st 2014, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Valerie Dreamsail
Valerie blushed slightly at his bow, uncertain of just why she found herself so flustered by it.

"So you are a guardsman in the direct service of your king?" She accepted the book and looked at it curiously. "How interesting. Does this make you a gentleman as well?" She paused for a moment, remembering that the term might need clarification. "In the original sense of the term. A member of the aristocracy, if at the most foundational level. I... I sometimes forget that not all worlds observe any sense of nobility and so the terms relating to it are sometimes... obscured."

She looked down at the book, somewhat uncertain of herself. "I think I would like... like to see your world some day. I would like to meet this king you hold in such high regard. He sounds like a man worth following, worthy of your loyalty."

Back to top Go down

Mohon
Yeah. Mohon nods, happily. Please visit whenever you have the time. I'll show you around.

Truth to be told, there weren't many places in the Country of the Musketeers that a girl would like. Interesting places, sure, but for men or people like Mohon, not for girls. But who could say if that is true? Maybe she would be able to find something of her liking.

And a gentleman, huh... Mohon considers her other question. Nope. I mean, I DO believe my family was kind of noble, but... yeah, that was a long time ago. Mohon usually avoided remembering what happened to his family and world in order to not get depressed. I guess I fall more into the category of "traveler" and sometimes even "street rat". Alleys, tents and cheap inns are more comfortable for me than fancy rooms. Though I like to eat fancy food from time to time... like that one time at Kang's. His memories showed him the time he shared a meal with the leader of the Enchanted Dominion, Kang.

But I'm obviously a gentleman in the second sense. Mohon smiles. And you? Could you be considered a lady, a member of the aristocracy?

Back to top Go down

Valerie Dreamsail
Valerie smiled softly. "Yes, I would be a lady of standing in several senses, though like you some would disregard that given my standing as an orphan..." She sighed. "My father was a gentleman before he went into the unsettled lands as a preacher. But more than that, I am the granddaughter of one of the Saints..." she frowned slightly, "I am uncertain of your understanding of matters of faith... in the world of my birth there are those who transcend mortality to fight eternally on the battlefield between Good and Evil... My grandmother, Destiny, is one of those who battle on the side of the Everlasting, the Creator of All." She chuckled softly. "Though there are those who claim that my grandmother, like Lady Pearl Rose, and Lady Firebird, are not truly Saints but have even risen to the status of Angels."

She looked down at her hands. "Matters of faith are important to me... not because I think that the Saints and Angels will intercede for me... but because I honor them and their battle. They are still as human as you or I, but they fight a war that must be fought for the sake of all creation. Anyone who battles to protect others deserves my respect."

Back to top Go down

Mohon
I see. He nods. I guess I understand that a little. I'm not well versed in matters of faith. More like... he scratches the back of his head. I tend not to think much about it. If a god exists or not, if there are saint people or not, if there are angels or not... In truth, I don't really understand about faith itself... but I do understand the act of believing in something. He nods again. If you have something or someone to believe in, then it's easier to keep living and moving forward, right? He smiles. And I do believe that some people should be honored for their actions as much as saints. There are many heroes in history that deserve that... and I personally believe people I know would deserve that should have that honor... He thinks of Sir Nicholas and also of his father.

That said, he laughs a little, I don't think much, so I'm probably giving the label of "saint" to whoever I like. Yeah, I don't usually think about complex things like that... but hey, even I have my serious moments from time to time. He laughs a little at his own thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Valerie Dreamsail
She smiled at him, appreciating the simplicity of his outlook. "It's okay. Some people like to think a lot about such things, others not so much. Everyone is different and it is good that they are."

She chuckled softly. "It would be a very boring creation if we were all the same, don't you agree?"

She looked around at the books, at the collected words of so many people in so many worlds and all the things they held dear. "People need to believe what they need to believe, after all. For me, it is honoring the Saints and Angels, and the war they wage for the sake of all those of us who cannot battle at their sides. Lady Fate, the Man in Black, Lady Rose Pearl, Lady Firebird, Vanessa of Asile, the Blacksmith... all of them... even the Sky-Eyed Piper, wherever he might be. War isn't pretty. It isn't always honorable. Sometimes it is horrific beyond what we can imagine."

She sighed. "But someone must fight it when the other side goes mongering for battle, and for that I am grateful to the Saints and Angels."

She chuckled again. "But I am waxing serious, and walking paths you cannot follow me down... and I'd rather not go any place where you cannot go also, not right now."

Back to top Go down

Mohon
Mohon thinks about her words for a moment. She mentioned war, conflict and those who fight against said conflict.

I'm a warrior. He says. I was raised to be one, fought to be one, and even after being separated from my family, I continued to be one for as long as I remember. Everywhere I went I found conflict, and every person I met had been involved in conflicts at least once... So I believe conflicts, fights and even wars are something natural, even in this world. At the same time... He looks at the cover of a book that was conveniently titled "History of War". I think most conflicts are pretty nonsensical. They all start from some nonsensical hate... and if you look at any "good vs. evil" conflict in recent history, you'll see that the "good" side is never so good, and that the "evil" side is never so evil.

In other words, even if you fight for god, you can't be 100% sure that you're aiding the devil. He sighs. At least that's one of the things I've understood from fighting so long.

He looks to the door. The sky is now completely dark. The number of people outside was diminishing. In other words, it was getting late.

Shall we go? He says and walks to the exit. Before going out though, he makes sure to pay for the Three Musketeers book, so that Valerie could keep it. He never used money in anything anyway, and buying gifts felt good for him.

But it's really getting late... Maybe it's almost time to say goodbye.

Last edited by Mohon on January 1st 2014, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Valerie Dreamsail
Seeing the darkness of the skies, reminded her of how much time had passed. He was right; it was getting very late and much as she didn't want it...

... well, it probably was getting very close to time to part.

She sighed deeply. "I... I should probably go. I... I have enjoyed this afternoon. I think... I think I would enjoy getting to meet you again some time." She paused. "If you would not mind."

Back to top Go down

Mohon
...Yeah. It takes him a while, but he smiles at her. It'd be nice to see you again.

She was having fun with Valerie. He didn't want to part with her just yet. But he also understood that she had things to do. He had as well.

A-at least let me see you off! He says out of sudden. You got here somehow, right? Or you're staying somewhere... so let me see you off first! He was just trying to increase the little time they had left, and it was obvious, but he didn't really care that she noticed as long as it happened.

Back to top Go down

Valerie Dreamsail
She smiled at him, knowing how much she didn't want to say good bye either.

He was her first friend in these worlds. She wanted to hold on to this moment and never let it go.

But she wasn't here for what she wanted.

"I arrived here through a teleportational doorway with the assistance of my grandmother. I would have to have her assistance again to leave these joined worlds, but I can still travel between them on my own ability." She paused for a moment. "I was given some resources and I was going to see to lodging somewhere for the night before going on to another of the worlds in the morning."

She chuckled weakly. "I imagine that those creatures you showed me grow stronger and more numerous during the hours of darkness and I am not so foolish as to test myself against them."

Back to top Go down

Mohon
I see. That's understandable. Mohon nods at her words. Even when using a Gummi Ship, those space Heartless can be pretty dangerous if you're not careful. Spending the night here is the safest thing to do.

Heartless were the strongest at night and maybe for that same reason the streets were always well iluminated when the sun went out. That way the peple could feel safer in their own town. It is good to see that we're all learning how to deal with the Heartless...

Look. Mohon led Valerie for the last time through the streets of Radiant Garden. Just a couple of blocks away there was a 4 story building with a sign that said "INN" written in big yellow letters in front. I've stayed here before. It's comfortable, not so expensive and service is good. I had nothing to complain about. You can spend the night here without a worry in the world!

He shows Valerie a smile filled with energy.

So I guess we should say goodbye now?

Back to top Go down

Valerie Dreamsail
She looked at the Inn and then back at Mohon with a wavery smile of her own. "Yes, I believe that this would be the proper time..."

Why was she so hesitant to part from him? Why did she feel so confused around him? What in the name of all the Saints and Angels was going on with her?

She wasn't certain of the proprieties of farewell, particularly with one who was a new friend. A simple handshake seemed too distant, anything else too intimate...

She reached out and hugged him quickly, releasing him almost as soon as she pulled him close. "Thank you, Mohon. Thank you so much for your company and your conversation. I have enjoyed this day immensely."

Then she turned and hurried into the building before she could reconsider the farewell, hoping that her grandmother would move their threads so that they could meet again some day.

Back to top Go down

Mohon
Ah... right...

He felt her body heat for a moment, but it soon disappeared. He could only wave his hand in farewell after hearing her words and remained there for a couple of minutes longer, thinking about her.

...Well, I think that's ok.

Smiling softly, Mohon began making his way through the streets. What was he going to do now? Maybe return to his gummi ship, maybe explore a little longer, or maybe find a different INN to stay in. He didn't really cared. He walked aimlessly, in a good mood, thinking of their future meetings while humming a song.

[TOPIC END]

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top