» Marionette
Confusion (Open) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Confusion (Open) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Confusion (Open) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Confusion (Open) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Confusion (Open) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Confusion (Open)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Confusion (Open) Empty Confusion (Open)

Post by Lynette Elise on November 19th 2013, 3:02 pm

(I'll gladly converse/interact with anyone, but if you intend on initiating combat of any sort, please have the courtesy of contacting me directly so that we can plan the exchanges otherwise I am liable to lose my ability to continue.)

The nameless, goldeneyed woman knew that something, something incredibly important, was wrong with her. But she could not decipher what it was. It was like a nagging itch in a place between her shoulderblades that she could not *quite* reach.

She had a small dog with her as she flew her Gummi Ship over a vast forest on this unfamiliar world, looking at the treetops below her. She knew that she called the dog "Annie", and that it made her chest tighten uncomfortably whenever the small creature wandered out of eyesight. She also enjoyed the weight and warmth that the dog gave her whenever she curled into a ball on her hip between her and whatever chair she was sitting in.

Right now Annie was walking back and forth on her lap, looking out one window and then the other, and causing her to have to raise her arms on the controls each time. She was curious. A voice in the back of her head said "Silly puppy." and the woman found herself saying the words aloud, though she had not intended such.

She grimaced. It was happening more often and she didn't know how to explain it.

She landed the Ship at the edge of the forest, near a village of thatched roofs and simple construction. She needed to see a place outside Neverland, where she lived. Needed to find help.

But what sort of help could she find for something that felt increasingly like she was an empty puppet in the control of someone... too far away to even feel?

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.
Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Confusion (Open) Empty Re: Confusion (Open)

Post by Tristesse on November 23rd 2013, 2:40 pm

The boy awoke, watching the sky. This place was interesting, unique, and more than anything, a place he found himself visiting out of sheer lore and history. The libraries in Wonderland suggested that this was an interesting world, and there had been sightings of dwarves here, and that there had been magic worked in this place causing one to fall into an infinite sleep unless the curse was broken by some stronger magic.

Perhaps that was what had happened to his father Terradagger? He wasn't entirely sure, and he didn't know that his main goal in this place was to actually find his father, or information leading to his father. He felt like his goal here was to learn, and maybe then the path to his father might be more illuminated.

He had woken to the dull roar of something, a gummi ship it seemed. His eyes watched, the sunlight peaking through the forest. The beams of light made his brown eyes shine, and he knew then that it would be impossible to fall asleep once again with the light above him shining like that.

He got up, then, and walked towards the edge of the forest where he felt he had heard the gummi ship landing. He ran a hand through his light, blond hair, making sure that he was presentable. He straightened out his shirt, slightly wrinkled. He had gotten a tighter, scoop necked tank-top, with a button up shirt over it, the shirt checked with white and red.

The boy looked at the gummi ship, his thin frame trembling as a slight breeze rolled through. The forest wasn't as chilly as he thought it should have been, the land fairly warm for how sheltered it was from the sun. Still, making it to the edge of the forest he felt that it was a bit warmer.

He took a card out of his pocket, an Ace of Spades. He flipped it between his fingers, and the card transformed into a Queen of Hearts. He flipped it again and it turned to a 2 of clubs. He smiled at the ship, wondering who would step from it.

He was getting quite adapt at making new friends.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 23rd 2013, 3:29 pm

The woman carried her little dog in her arms as she stepped out from the gummi ship, blinking rapidly as her eyes adjusted to the difference in ambient light. The sunlight was much brighter than the artificial light of the ship. She stood still for a moment, feet on the soil of a world very different from Neverland, and looking carefully at the thatched village beside the forest and the lands around it.

Annie, though, did not share her momma's hesitance. She wiggled and whined in the desire to be set down so that she could explore every inch of this new place. There were smells here she'd never smelled before. Sights she'd never seen. She was so excited!

The little dog was the first to spot the boy watching them from the edge of the forest and she wiggled so excitedly that she was able to jump out of her momma's arms and hit the ground running as she raced over to the boy, jumping up and yipping in greeting and delight.

Annie loved people!

The woman followed her quickly, that strange clenching in her heart and stomach making her worried about the way her little dog ran off. It brought to mind a scrap of a memory, fear and grief as she watched her dog disappear into dark green foliage of a strange world...

Things were getting worse and it bothered her greatly. She was having problems remembering things and she didn't like it.

Her mind buzzed sharply, causing her to jump slightly from the pain. Focus! She shook her head to clear the effects of the voice in the back of her mind and looked at the boy that her dog was greeting so emphatically.

She nodded to him. "Greetings."

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.
Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 23rd 2013, 4:00 pm

Tristesse watched the dog race towards him, almost as quick as a bullet as it pounced up to him. He smiled and pet the small thing, his voice ringing childishly, speaking as though to a newborn. "Hey there, puppy!" He grinned, his embarrassingly wide grin stretching from ear to ear. As he saw the girl approach him, he tried to wipe the smile off of his face. He noticed a slight wince in the girl as he approached her, and as she greeted to him, he approached her.

"Good morning, m'lady," the boy said kindly, his manners reminded him by the presence of the woman. She seemed a bit shy, but it as to soon to tell. Her simple nod and her golden eyes were enough to fascinate Tristesse, though. The young, blond haired boy put out a hand in reach for hers. If she would put her hand in his, he would kiss her ring finger in greeting.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 23rd 2013, 10:51 pm

The woman smiled at the friendly boy. There was nothing in his manner that triggered any of her odd reactions; he seemed simply friendly, not dangerous in the least.

And the way he so eagerly greeted Annie helped. The woman could not quite bring herself to fear anyone who was so obviously friendly to her little dog.

She reached out to take the boy's offered hand, a flash of oddly incongruous memory reminding her that people would shake hands in greeting. She was not expecting the more gallant form of greeting, and chuckled softly.

"Good morning. You seem young to be traveling alone, do you live in the village here or are you a visitor to these lands as I am?" She paused, grimacing again at a reminder from the voice in her head. "I am afraid that I have no name to give you... I am currently Nameless. You will have to... forgive me for this."

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 23rd 2013, 11:16 pm

"Nameless?" the boy asked and pondered the words, mulling it over as though he had taken in a glass of airy wine, letting it settle in his mouth before he swallowed. He took a look into the girl's eyes, remembering from his studies that memories and their loss weren't horribly uncommon in the world. Sometimes, that stemmed from the loss of a heart or someone dear, and often times because the memories were fabrications. Such was his expertise.

Either way, he wondered at his age as well as she did. He'd never thought of himself as too young to travel alone. Instead, he felt like there was an obligation to travel, regardless of age. Still, the fact that he'd never thought of it as a criterion seemed important.

He nodded. "I am a visitor. I hail from Wonderland, but I've been moving from world to world to experience," he said. He felt strange admitting that he was from Wonderland, especially in such regal language, as he'd introduced himself before. 

It was with further thought that he realized... If she doesn't remember or know her name, then she probably has some gaps in memories everywhere. I hope I didn't freak her out with my kiss thing... Maybe, I...

He apologized, "I'm sorry for the kiss. It's something that we do in my world when we meet ladies. I've been raised in court, so I suppose it was a habit. I apologize if I've made you uncomfortable."

"Do you visit with purpose or just to pass through?" the boy asked, hoping to make small talk. He pet the dog, bending down a bit while maintaining his eye contact with the woman. Her eyes were so alluring, so mysterious. He truly wondered at what hid behind them.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 23rd 2013, 11:38 pm

"Experience..." the word drew itself out oddly in her voice. "Yes... I know that drive. I... I think I new people who sought that above all else." She frowned for a moment, searching her scattered memories and then smiled. "I think... I think I used to write stories about them..." She sighed. "Maybe I should try writing stories again."

The buzzing in her head returned and she sighed. "Forgive me... I distract easily. You are... from Wonderland? I... I remember visiting there, once. It was a very strange place, not at all the Wonderland that I expected to see, but then nothing has been precisely what I expected to see when I arrived in these worlds." She chuckled softly, "and no, I see nothing amiss in your choice of gallantry. It simply caught me by surprise."

She looked around at the land briefly. "I, too, am a... a traveler." Her voice wavered oddly on that word, as if it had some hidden meaning that she wasn't certain of. "I have had... something of an experience and I... it is changing me." Again her voice wavered, this time with the thin edge of tears and fear. She just wanted to know what was happening to her.

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 23rd 2013, 11:45 pm

A hand went towards her shoulder, a hand of reassurance and a hand of comfort. He felt the pain of her, the unease. He looked deeper into her eyes, wondering about the "experience" she referred to. She seemed so shaken that it nearly took him by surprise, but he simply let his eyes soften.

"A traveler uncertain of her travels?" he asked. "Your experience seems to have shaken you. I will not pry, but if you need an ear, I am more than willing to listen for you." He smiled, his stupid toothy grin on his face as though he was the Cheshire Cat himself.

He waited for her response. He didn't want to seem like he was eager to change the subject, though he had tons of questions for the girl, his curiosity piqued.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 24th 2013, 3:12 pm

She sighed deeply. "My experience is why I seek answers... or something. It is why I am Nameless, why I am so lost even in my own mind."

It hurt a bit to admit to how much she had lost since she had been swept away from Neverland and then abruptly returned, changed and uncertain of even her own sanity.

"I fear that I am going mad."

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 24th 2013, 3:26 pm

Tristesse smiled, kindly, not only at the irony of the words, but also because he truly knew how it felt. Having ruminated himself about his past, his lack of love in his life, and the sheer fact that he had no direction... He knew vaguely what the woman felt, despite the fact that the woman's problems seemed slightly more severe than his.

"You know, there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, where I come from, everyone's mad," he said, his lips curling into a slightly smaller smile as he put his hands in his pocket. 

"The key is learning to manage the madness, you see. Everyone where I come from is mad in their own way, but they don't let it squelch them. They do what they must. They continue to have fun and live day to day, knowing that the madness they feel is what keeps them going" he thought about it long and hard. The Mad Hatter was a good example of it all.

"Still, if you get sad because you're mad, then all that you've done is become sad AND mad. There's no progress there, right?"
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 24th 2013, 3:38 pm

The woman blinked slowly. "We are... all of us broken..." Her words were distant, like she was remembering something very old. "I wrote that... once. Yes... I think I remember it now... I... I think I was a philosopher... or something like that. Finding patterns in the chaos, method in the madness."

She looked around again, even as her little dog stood on her hind legs to paw at her knee. Absentmindedly, she bent down to pick Annie up, holding her against her shoulder like she would a small babe. Annie didn't seem to mind, leaning her head against the woman's shoulder and letting out a deep sigh of contentment.

"There is a voice, in the back of my head. I do not know who it is, but the voice commands me and I must obey. It is like... like I am a puppet and the voice holds my strings. It is disquieting to say the least." She looked carefully at the boy and smiled softly. "Maybe if you gave freedom to the curiosity which bubbles up? You have... questions?"

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 24th 2013, 4:06 pm

Tristesse thought on it, but it was a little out of his league. Hearing voices in the back of her head seemed reminiscent of a few things he'd heard of; possession and illness. He wondered, then, if she was a human or not? Perhaps she was a heartless and she didn't know, or perhaps a nobody. But she felt, so it would be less likely that she was the latter

"This voice... When did it start? Do you remember anything that happened?"

To his knowledge, in most cases, even becoming a heartless wouldn't erase your memories. He paced the grass a bit, taking in a deep breath, smelling the woodland with his chest bobbing up and down. He gripped at the cards inside his pocket, and as he fingered about them, he tried to imagine...

What if she wasn't a heartless or a nobody? What if she was possessed and she didn't know it. Could a heartless do such a thing?
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 24th 2013, 6:21 pm

The woman sighed, closing her eyes for a moment to concentrate on the fragments of memories that swirled around her mind like so many autumn leaves. "I... I am not certain when the voice appeared. I think... I think there have always been voices, speaking to me from a distance. But they have not been like this one, commanding me like a puppeteer..."

She sighed again, opening her eyes and looking back at him as she held her dog. "As for when this Puppeteer began to command me, I know that there was foul magic involved. A scientist found me when... when something swept me away from my home. He... he stole my Name, tried to turn me into something else, something I am not. I... I do not remember how I escaped the madman's clutches, but I remember burning and anger. I first heard the Puppeteer when I awoke back at my home in Neverland."

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 24th 2013, 7:25 pm

A scientist that had swept her from her home. It would seem clear that the scientist and the puppeteer were one and the same, if not related. The boy wondered and considered the emotion of the girl. He wondered if illusion magic would help her remember? If he took her sense of sight from her and allowed her mind to wander, what would happen?

"Fire?" he asked. "Did you cause the fire?" He proposed the thought of the illusion magic, and smiled at the dog,
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 25th 2013, 3:43 pm

The woman frowned momentarily. Did she cause the fire? She wasn't certain. She shook her head. "I... I do not know. It felt like I was burning and I screamed and... and then I was in Neverland again and the voice whispered in my mind that... that it was all going to be alright, in time."

Her hands clenched reflexively. "How can this be right? How can this be proper when I cannot even remember what I used to be called? When I am not the one in control of my own body, my own mind?" Her fists clenched tighter, steam rising up from her skin that seemed to glow with an inner flame. "I am not some weapon to be used by anyone's will but my own!"

She glared at nothing in particular, but her gaze fell on a patch of flowers and they burst into bright blue flames, startling the woman so that she fell backwards, the light and the heat suddenly dissipating as she blinked and trembled in sudden fear.

"What... what is wrong with me?" Her voice wavered, sounding very childlike in her confusion.

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 25th 2013, 4:06 pm

Tristesse watched as the patch burst in the azure flames, then watched the blue tongues of flame disappear as their caster started to tremble. His eyes glanced from the ashes to the girl and then back.

"There's not much wrong with you," he said, slowly. He thought on the refinement of her talents, but it was something that would be difficult to introduce her to. He feared a bit, while around her, but he knew that it wasn't her fault that she was so volatile.

"The only thing wrong here is that you're being manipulated like you are," he commented as he tapped his tongue against his teeth, trying to think. He wondered how she would fare in Wonderland. It was a relatively safe place for mad people, considering all of them were mad.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 25th 2013, 7:15 pm

She'd frightened the boy. She could sense that. It was in the way he glanced back and forth, the careful way he chose his words. He was just a child and she'd frightened him.

Hell, she'd frightened herself.

She wanted to reassure him; she ached to reassure him because he was just a kid and she didn't want to see a child scared of her. But she couldn't trust herself anymore.

"I'm sorry..." She looked at him, vulnerability in her golden eyes. "I... I didn't mean to scare you."

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 26th 2013, 2:57 am

He felt a shift in the girl. She was worried, not only for herself, but for him. He heard the apology, and it didn't fall on deaf ears. He nodded, trying his hardest to control his trembling.

"It is no fault of yours, my lady," he said. He always seemed to resort to this sort of language when he wasn't comfortable. Still, it really was no fault of hers. She probably had no idea that she was capable of it.

He felt the glow of his chest, the glow of magic. He needed convincing. He needed lying. He closed his eyes and thought, She may be powerful, but she's still unrefined; raw. She won't hurt you. Even if she did, she would make it right.

Some of what he thought was rude, but he needed to mitigate the situation in a way that he ended up on top, so that he was sure of his safety. In the back of his mind, he knew the condescending wasn't real, and that she could probably hand him the ashes of what remained of his eyebrows with that fire talent.

Still, he forced a smile, far more believable this time.

"It really is no big deal. It reminds me of the Trickster, actually."

There were two Tricksters that Wonderland knew of. The Sultan, and the heartless. He referred to the heartless, with its slinky arms and maracas of flame.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 29th 2013, 7:07 pm

She nodded hesitantly, reassured by the way his confidence rose, echoed in his stance and mannerisms. Yes, she still felt incredibly out of control, but maybe she wouldn't loose the fire on him by accident.

She didn't want to hurt him when he might yet become a friend.

"Trickster? What is a Trickster? Is it some... some patron of jovality?" She still didn't know much at all about these worlds, so the use of the term to name a type of Heartless went beyond her knowledge.

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 29th 2013, 10:31 pm

"Yes, the Trickster. It's a heartless that juggled flames and slinked about..." he said, thinking on his words. "Not that you're slinky!" he said quickly trying to correct himself. "Not that you're stiff, either! You're a nice lady! A pretty lady, really... Errr, I mean, you're..."

He got pretty flustered and red faced. He took a moment to breathe.

"I'm sorry," he said, smiling his stupid grin.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on November 30th 2013, 12:26 am

She tilted her head to the side, looking at the boy and his flustered struggle to find words that didn't sound as awkward as he thought they did. Something in her mind chuckled softly.

He's a boy, just coming of age. He has no idea how not to be awkward, and it's endearing isn't it? He is a good kid.

She smiled at him, unconsciously echoing the voice in her words. "It's okay. You're a good kid. There is a lot that I don't know, that much I am already aware. Perhaps you could help me with that."

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on November 30th 2013, 12:33 am

"We'll visit the world!" he said dramatically, waving his hands in front of his face, symbolizing their voyage across the stars with his hand. He smiled at how melodramatic he was. He turned and winked to her.

"Or at least see home, I think. How do the Radiant Gardens sound? My fathers live there, and one of my dads is the king." He smiled as he looked at the puppy, putting a hand on her to scratch her behind the ear.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on December 1st 2013, 3:55 pm

She had to chuckle at the melodrama of youth. The boy was impossible not to like. Something in him made her believe in the impossible, in the idea that as changed as she was, as unbalanced as she was... that she could have fun.

She heard the voice chuckling softly in the back of her mind. Hell yes, you can have fun. Why else are you here? You have the fun I can't.

Okay, that was an odd thing for something inside her own head to say, but the woman decided to just not worry about it.

"You have two fathers? I haven't been to Radiant Gardens yet. I haven't done much traveling to be honest, I haven't seen very many of the worlds at all, I think." She had to smile at the way Annie just soaked up the attention. Annie loved attention from everyone.

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristesse on December 1st 2013, 4:06 pm

Tristesse nodded. It was a bit strange, and he knew it. He knew that people weren't used to it, and he knew that he was quite happy to admit it. He was proud of his parents, and because of the happiness, the pride that he had, he responded to Lynette, "Yeah. My birth father is Terradagger. A lot of people know him, which isn't necessarily the best thing. Sometimes it can be pretty scary. And my other dad, my father's love, is Yima Qwin. They're pretty cool, I think you'd like them."

He wondered about the travels, breathing the air of the forest. It was crisp, and definitely different from that of the city. He had plans on visiting many places, and he had visited quite a few places. Maybe he and Lynette would enjoy some travels together? It seemed like they already had pretty incredible chemistry.
Tristesse
Tristesse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on December 1st 2013, 4:14 pm

The woman nodded as he told her about his fathers. She knew, in some distant part of her mind, that she probably *should* find it odd... but she didn't.

"If you think that I would like them, then it is likely that I would." She smiled. "I think that it would be interesting to meet them."

She sighed. "I still do not understand all the changes that are happening to me... but maybe in traveling I might find more answers?" She chuckled softly. "After all, I arrived here looking for answers and found you, a new friend."

Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next