» Marionette
Story Based RPG - Page 4 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Story Based RPG - Page 4 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Story Based RPG - Page 4 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Story Based RPG - Page 4 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Story Based RPG - Page 4 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Story Based RPG

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Story Based RPG - Page 4 Empty Re: Story Based RPG

Post by Occam on November 24th 2013, 7:40 pm

I wanted to add that we shouldn't rely on a milestone system, but it shouldn't be the main core of a system. It should be a reward, an optional kind of thing. Something that encourages us to be significant, not to just aimlessly fight.

Also, I feel that we should have more intense magic if we are going to rely on it so much. Otherwise, we should have the uniqueness of not relying on magic, but something more than wacking you with a sword. Like Alchemy, it isn't magical, it is just the greatest bullshitter in all of fiction when it is in fiction, and you can do so much without magic even if magic can be applied to it.

Maybe magic shouldn't be the only thing if this is going to be truly fantasy. Maybe add something to open the door to people who want to destroy magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on November 24th 2013, 8:13 pm

I still feel like there should be a "milestone" system because it does give a rewarding idea of "You got to here congrats" instead of "Oh well whatever there isn't anything giving you a proper reward for doing a good job at something."

Doesn't that take away from motivation?

Again what I am saying is there isn't a need to uproot a system just because there are a few points people don't agree on or like.

Find those points and fix them. The whole mindset again will not be fixed just because you made a new system where you don't need to approve things and have everything you want at your beck and call. That to me is just lazy as hell. The reason why things work they way they are is because it takes hell to get through it but its worth it. Hell the only thing that is reliant on the "milestone" is getting an increase in mp and some magic based stuff. Which sure drop that let people access all the stuff they want at any point. The same thing will continue to happen. However instead of people having to focus on a few things now its going to be a fuck ton more. Approvals are there for a reason to make sure things are fair no one wants to stand around with a jesus complex mary sue. The limit on how many slots you can have to me is a good idea it gives you a cap NOT ON STRENGTH but on what shit you can toss around because in all honesty not everyone is going to use every single last spell the create in a topic or hell 200 topics. For the most part people use their favorite ones over and over. Sure now they have the chance to make a hundred other ones that they will use once or twice to make something look super awesome amazing epic and then never do it again. Whats the point? it makes things just cluttered. I mean the amount of spells slots we have now to me is pretty decent its not pokemon where you get 4 moves but its more than what the main characters get in the game.

same with forms / drives

maybe we could have more summons and enchantments

maybe give the ok for energy based guns and such

but again this is all stuff that can be fixed with the current system not having to uproot what we have going for us now.

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 24th 2013, 8:19 pm

The rewards and incentive wouldn't be power. We'd make other things to give motivation. We'd also be able to do more low class events (not huge plot based ones) in order to make people feel like they're accomplishing things IC.

For example, we could actually have a similar system to what we have now but with less for tournament combat. We could have 4 tournaments a year, one each season, and then we could replace the member of the month failure idea with that. There would be 4 champions a year and there could be a record of them all.

We could give IC incentive that way and say it's due to the tournament stage that have built in limits. It's also make it so people would RP more since you could unlock it that way. I actually think that would make things more interesting along with other things such as unlocking world expansions instead of us handing that over.

You'd work for other things, not power. More like glory, fame, respect, etc.

The mary sue aspect and people doing whatever they want because they COULD was already addressed prior in the topic.

I personally think we have too many slots but they're too limited in what they could do.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on November 24th 2013, 8:21 pm

If this system could allow all those things to happen,

why haven't they?

EDIT: Maybe, Jet, you are wrong about the system. Besides, if a lot of people want this, then that is better than giving 1 member out of many what they want.

Last edited by Zeikke Ekkiez on November 24th 2013, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 24th 2013, 8:22 pm

Zeikke, it's likely because the issues haven't been brought up as in depth as they have now. If anything, at least they can be addressed by those willing to stay within the current system.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Harumi/Blossom on November 24th 2013, 9:24 pm

I am for this change, because it gives other members a chance to develop their characters through story based plots and not everything has to be about combat.

[18:04:47] * MorpheusZero shoves an oreo up his ass then farts it out like a cannon
Harumi/Blossom
Harumi/Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on November 24th 2013, 9:41 pm

the reason why they have yet to be added in isn't because the system is broken its because the users themselves never have done anything for it.

You all say the same thing that you want to focus on story what the hell is stopping you?

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on November 24th 2013, 9:53 pm

The changes can be made to apply to this system. I just think that's the worse option and won't provide as fruitful an experience. Apparently, that is a common view.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Zihark on November 25th 2013, 9:53 pm

So this is happening?

Story Based RPG - Page 4 ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on November 25th 2013, 9:58 pm

It's happening.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on November 26th 2013, 5:17 pm

Erm...so, evidently I'm a little (a lot) late to the party. However, I still wish to voice my opinion on the matter, even though this is already happening. I'm not trying to open further discussion here--I believe no more is needed nor wanted--I'm just stating how I feel about this because as a member, I have a right to.

I come here for the story. That's me, personally, not speaking for anyone else. And I do write (or try to write) story/plot topics. Combat is fun, yes, but I find that exploring my character is much more rewarding.

There are many plots that I have joined, or planned on joining. However, I cannot express how many times those plans have been postponed or hindered by one or more members stating, "I want to wait for this or that to be approved, or, "Hold on, I almost have enough posts to get such and such". The approval process slows things down.

It's not that the staff members are too busy, or have real life to deal with--I think that's true for all the members here. It's just that we spend so much time trying to get so many posts just so we can open slots so that we can actually do something, or at least have some chance at surviving against someone far more seasoned and far, far more powerful than us. And because we have this, we have so many meaningless topics full of one-liners and rushed writing--all to get the post count up, because everyone needs as much as they can get.

Need, not want. Even if you want to be a pacifist character, it's very difficult to avoid conflict with the current system. It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing or who you're with, someone's going to stir things up. You could be enjoying food and conversation in a cafe, and here comes in Vanitas with a shitload of Unverse. You need to have weapons, spells, summons, etc to survive.

Sure, you could tag or topics with [NO FIGHTING] or something similar. Sure, you could only participate in Private topics. Sure, you could be selective about where you RP and with whom, but it really just limits your experience on site.

And then there's the issues with characters. It was already mentioned previously, but I do agree that the approval system limits new characters. When you join the site for the first time, you start at the very bottom of the curve. You can't be a seasoned warrior, you can't be a war veteran that has just lost his family and is looking for who caused their deaths, you can't be a young adult bestowed with the powers, skills, and knowledge of your ancestors. Of course, you could very well create those characters with the current system. But you're going to have to make up some sort of reason why they can't hold their own against some kid that hasn't even fighting for two months or some scores of Shadows--just like you'll have to do with canons.

I also don't like the fact that, say you were a dragon or fairy, you'd have to get things such as claws, wings, and fire breath approved. Because limiting things that you should physically be able to do makes complete sense. Do humans need to get their arms, legs, hands, feet, and head approved? No. So why should a dragon have to get their claws (the equivalent of human fingernails) or tails approved? Sure, weapons now have no limit to slots, but what about the fire-breathing? That would have to be a spell, wouldn't it? Would the different uses of the fire require different slots? A certain admin wanted more fantasy-based character, but frankly, humans are just so much easier to deal with with the current system.

That's why I like this new system, why I'm all for a cap but no guidelines. There's more freedom to do what we want to do with our characters and our stories, without having to worry if it's allowed or if it'll just be a waste of slots.

If you read this all, thank you for taking time to do so. If you didn't, it's only an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4