» Marionette
This is my Rifle, This is my Gun. EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
This is my Rifle, This is my Gun. EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
This is my Rifle, This is my Gun. EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
This is my Rifle, This is my Gun. EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
This is my Rifle, This is my Gun. EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

This is my Rifle, This is my Gun.

Go down

This is my Rifle, This is my Gun. Empty This is my Rifle, This is my Gun.

Post by Alexander on November 1st 2013, 2:12 pm

So, I think we should bring guns back to the site.

Long ago in a time before Alexander was just a thought characters on this site used to have guns.

You heard me. Boom sticks. All that good nonsense. It was a time when the site was more fantasy based, and thus people could deflect/cut/block/endure bullets. With time, as the site became more realistic, guns were outlawed with few Exceptions, such as Jack Sparrow, Clayton the Hunter, Stitch, and that large alien that was hunting stitch.

I never, personally, understood this when there were spells that already moved as borderline bullet speeds that were much larger. Not as lethal as a bullet implied, of course, but a lot more likely to hit. Still, it was understandable. At a time where everyone was really squishy having things that have been associated with high-velocity-squishy-dead-making-efficiency seemed more than unfair.

As the site has now taken a turn where the lowest possible agility is that of a Soldier Heartless. I don't know how many of you have played Kingdom Hearts recently, but seriously? Those little bastards are almost on par with Axel. If they weren't so stupid and paused in between ever dodge, they would be making my proud mode play through a nightmare this very instant. They are agile enough to dodge bullets within reason, and that's just first tier.

Then, looking on, we have characters breaking solid wood with their hands. I'm going to assume that we speak of Oak wood, as Balsa is also a wood and is about as durable as a wet paper sack. Considering that the next tier after that can "break brick walls with little to no injury" I fail to see exactly how deadly a bullet can be in comparison to a very well timed punch to the face. The main problem to be argued is the legality, but to counter that point, even bullets to the head aren't fatal immediately fatal. At the very worst, Brain Activity slows then stops (unless the brain is almost completely gone). Even if you get shot in the heart, you have a good seven minutes to not die, and those are the only two shots that would really be of concern. Let us remember this is a fantasy site. And let us also consider this:

Bows, Cross bows. Two options for custom characters who intend to be long range. I'm a fan of crossbows. I love them so hard. But the problem with both bows and crossbows is how cumbersome they are, to the point they hamper a characters other attributes. Sure, we can make smaller crossbows that are lighter with arrows that travel really fast and far and-- oh, would you look at that. This same description can be given to A HAND GUN with a few edits.

Thoughts?

Alexander

Back to top Go down

This is my Rifle, This is my Gun. Empty Re: This is my Rifle, This is my Gun.

Post by Etzolix on November 1st 2013, 2:15 pm

Since we're more fantasy based, I wouldn't mind this at all. Of course, this would be under the conditions you mentioned where they can be dodged and etc. So, yeah.

Also, this makes accuracy more balanced. Low accuracy would have a larger drawback since people could use guns. Although, the types of guns should be limited, obviously.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidus on November 1st 2013, 3:35 pm

I think its a nice idea! It makes things more intense.
Tidus
Tidus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on November 1st 2013, 3:41 pm

I'm for it so long as they can be dodged. The real problem with guns would be if they couldn't be dodged but otherwise there's no reason not to have them on here.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasturi on November 1st 2013, 6:48 pm

I am for this also, given, quoting Cool; it can be dodged. It'd be nice to rp with pirates carrying flintock guns.

Kasturi
Kasturi

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on November 1st 2013, 6:58 pm

Yes. Make Synth even better. Feed my power.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on November 1st 2013, 11:25 pm

2 cents?
2 cents

Right so I am chill with having gun type weapons as long as they obviously are able to be dodged and they be more energy based rather than actual bullets and such

Arrows and Bolts are also chill because even if you nick someone in the neck its not to the point of "OH GOD BLOOD BLOOD EVERYWHERE AND THIS METALLIC OBJECT IS CAUSING MORE TROUBLE GAAHHHHHHH"

If its energy based it can make a bit more sense if it hits someone and causes damage but nothing like "Well now i have lead poisoning."

even more so energy can add more to the idea of using magic based attacks with guns cough cough secret secret kh 3 stuffs

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Alexander on November 3rd 2013, 5:20 am

With ease of dodging, I believe all types of guns from Bullets to Energy should be allowed. Even if a new character would be shot in the head, in this world they have every reason to survive. Maybe not walk out of the topic at that moment, but if we nerf guns by taking away what they are known for if implementing them, then it would be like taking from bladed weapons what make them work, and replacing the blades with non-sharp energy and relying solely on impact damage.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Black on November 3rd 2013, 1:12 pm

I did used to have a gun here, it worked out fine I think. It was energy based.

Solomon Max magic: 100
Spells: - Boo  - Death's Reach
- Darkness Will Take Over
- Dark Wight  - Dark Cannon
- Singularity: Class 1 - Paradoxical Action

[00:07:48] Solomon Black : Gimme a sex [00:07:50] Felonix : Omg yes
Renzenku : Solomon, Threat Level: Medium: Reason- Badass.
Solomon Black
Solomon Black

http://destinywars.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum