» Marionette
Dwarves Among The Giants  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Dwarves Among The Giants  EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Dwarves Among The Giants  EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Dwarves Among The Giants  EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Dwarves Among The Giants  EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Dwarves Among The Giants

Go down

Dwarves Among The Giants  Empty Dwarves Among The Giants

Post by Etzolix on September 25th 2013, 11:52 pm

The serpent was crouched, looking down below at the stubby beings run around delightfully ignorant of the predator above. A habitual flick of the tongue, and he instantly turned as he noticed a creature that was past the point of his normal vision. Activating Alveus Oculus he noticed it was rather small but it could still cause enough of a ruckus to scare of his prey.

And, oh, boy did Murphy's Law prove true. Turning back to the scattering inhabitants and the trails they left, he sighed. His intent wasn't murder but reaction. Hopping down from the leveraged plane he leaned on the tree as he followed the paths of steps with his mind. Some scattered in pairs, a couple individually and another in a group of four. Interesting takes on how they responded to danger but he did notice they each had personalities of their own; if a single defining characteristic of personality could constitute as such.

The rather short adolescent was enjoying his final month or so before he became an adult. It wasn't something he looked forward too but it was inevitable. His life wouldn't change much, he had already ruled worlds, destroyed them and made enough enemies for a life time or four. Looking up he saw the damned squirrel that chased off his prey and his bored expression didn't change, despite wanting to give it a glare that would be so intimidating it would physically destroy the squirrel.

His white clothing matched his hair as his ocher eyes surveyed the area. The land was ripe for resources but this wasn't his favored world. He would never want to rule a vacation spot. That was a rule he set up for himself with Deep Jungle, despite loving it so much he would never actually take it under his observant eye. It would ruin the magic of the adventure and habitat. Although, it was already destroyed so maybe he should've been in charge.

The Serpent lost himself among his thoughts.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Dwarves Among The Giants  Empty Re: Dwarves Among The Giants

Post by Jeremi on September 26th 2013, 5:09 am

The Serpent, however, was far from alone.

These forests, on the very edge of Andalasia, the only territory in this world that seemed to matter to the outside worlds, were disputed lands. Neighboring kingdoms had long been trying to seize these verdant forests for their own, and, though the Andalasians were quite valiant, the fact of the matter was that, simply, they were outnumbered. It was hard to fight a war on a single front, and the Andalasian Confederacy was fighting on no less than five.

...Enter Jeremi. Far from here, in the kingdom Snow White called home, was the seat of power of Andalasia. ...It had been a long time, since he could truly make a difference in ANY world. And, so, he began selling treasures he had accumulated over his centuries of travel. Gaining an economic foothold in the Confederacy, he began bankrolling the unification efforts. He wanted to end the endless strife between the various dukes of Andalasia, wanted to end the constant border wars. Funding led to trust, and, he became an advisor to Tarchon, the Duke of Electra. A man he'd hoped would someday be the King of Andalasia.

The reason he was here, in this forest, was a return trip to the capital. He'd been off on a business venture, using a bit of economic subterfuge to negate the need for war. Better to buy a duchy out, or change its beliefs, than to burn it to the ground. Returning with a pack heavy-laden with goods and trinkets... ...And his plate armor clanking loudly, he was walking the well-worn back paths of the forest, knowing that taking the main roads was just asking to get robbed. ...And, there, he found the man. He'd kept his Mana Cognition up, still expecting to meet brigands, or somesuch on the road. ...But, this he didn't expect.

"Reptile... ...And, at once, human. ...Intense magical power, but, nearly no active internal loci... ...I don't get to say this often, friend, because I've seen quite a bit... But.."

He clanked over to the tree where Etzolix was leaning.

"You appear to be something new. I enjoy new things."

He extended the hand which didn't hold his shield out, expecting the man to shake it.

"Well met, traveler. I am called Jeremi."

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 26th 2013, 1:13 pm

Eyes squinted, he looked at the man who stood a fair amount above the serpent. Peering into the mystical side of his nature he noticed his elemental affinity and his, surprisingly large, mana pool. It was quite a treat to come into contact with someone who he had not yet met with a mana pool as adequately developed as his. It was still far less than what the hybrid had acquired but it was a worthy surprise. Perhaps he was a relic of an older time, a time before his during Zexion's Age of Oblivion.

His gold eyes were similar to Etzolix's but seemed to be more a result of darkness opposed to the natural eye color Etzolix had inherited. These smaller details were all he could gather since his build was hidden by the armor, however, that in itself was an indication of his physical prowess. He likely was of a slow physical build. The rest would escape him for there were too many factors. Perhaps he wasn't and he chose the safety of his defense over the nimbleness of escape. The way he carried himself wasn't particularly graceful so he could only assume.

As the hand was stuck out he glanced at it, flicked his tongue, and turned looked back at him. Moving lazily, let elegant, he circled the -- Warrior? Scholar? Entrepreneur? Whatever. He would end up back at the origin point and say, "You should be more hesitant with those you interact with." The bored look on his face suited the apathetic tone. Had he donned the cloaks typically associated with a Nobody one could mistake him for such by his demeanor. He would decline the handshake with this response, indicating that he wouldn't want to touch someone who he knew nothing about. He was all too familiar with how touch a single touch could expose oneself to a sudden, and immediate, death.

"You seem fairly experienced to these worlds. It's odd that I've never met you." He began, seeking out information at the get. "Perhaps you're of an older generation?" He asked, insinuating a general gap of worldly events and not of age itself. Obviously, the gap of age was apparent but the worlds themselves were connected more than just their heart, but by the people who traveled between them.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremi on September 29th 2013, 7:25 am

"Hesitation?"

He laughed, with a sort of bemusement.

"Caution is healthy, in small doses, but, beware it doesn't rule you, lest you become a lost old codger like me."

That was true, to a point. Overcaution had led him to become the paranoid, distrustful sort that he was presently trying to distance himself from. Shirou'd shown him that. ...To think, he was still learning at this age. However, he was shaken from his introspection by the young man's pointed questions. ...And it seemed as though he knew just what to ask.

"Hardly odd at all, when you consider I've not set foot on a world in this plane for... ...Almost four years, by my reckoning. Give or take a year; when jumping between realities, time is hardly a consistent factor."

His tone was very matter-of-fact. And, to him, it was. Traveling through other dimensions, the malleability of spacetime, and shifting realities altogether had long since ceased to be anything special to him, for all that those abilities were restricted in this realm. Living like that tends to make you forget that these are not common abilities.

...But, then, this is a reality with Magic. So, while out there, these things were not outright impossible to denizens of this plane.

But, back to the young man. Jeremi was hardly even sure he would know of the time he was from. So very few he had met did.

"So, yes, an older generation indeed. For all that the title is meaningless now, I was once a Regent of 'Emperor Zexion', as he called himself. A veteran of the strangely ill-remembered Oblivion Wars, if that means anything to you."

Quetions answered, though he doubted the boy would have any idea what he was on about. It was as though the Oblivion Age had been entirely excised from memory. But, now, it seemed his newfound acquaintance had put himself in line for return fire.

"What of you, though? To be so young, and powerful, the worlds themselves should be speaking your name in reverent tones. ...Or terrified whispers. What do you mean to the Universe, and it to you?"

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on September 30th 2013, 12:53 am

This multidimensional being seemed to follow the same basic principles of dimension hopping that Jinsei -- Shirou's father -- had. It made sense as to why this being wasn't particularly powerful then in this universe if he had to keep up with the others. He was not Lenneth nor Yima. He was not one who ascended beyond Heaven's Fence but merely a wanderer of the in between. Etzolix could share the sentiment, he too had traveled passed this plane. It wasn't anything worth remembering aside Sohtrie. He was unsure if that was even a dimension or a simulation of Space Paranoids that he and Yukina truly were lost in. He preferred to see it as the latter.

"I've never met the man, however, I did lead an assault on the bastardized empire he left behind when I was in my earlier adolescence." He replied, giving information out in a small dose in order to coax a reaction or a conversation that would open up a doorway of opportunity. Perhaps he knew of those in charge after his departure. He was apparently around during the rule but wasn't fortunate to have interacted with The Cloaked Schemer. All he knew is that, during his youth, he wished to murder him after slaughtering Riku. The years of youthful rebellion were unfortunately over.

"If the whispers prove evidence then perhaps you should listen." He retorted, letting the man know that current information came in abundance. If he were to ask more appropriate questions that would perhaps interest him then he would be more likely to answer. Reluctantly, he continued. He knew that in order to receive you had to sometimes give out information that you'd rather not. "Etzolix." He said, giving him enough of a lead to search throughout the worlds if he chose to travel.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremi on October 5th 2013, 6:08 am

"Then, you had the extreme misfortune of dealing with Riku the Mad. I can only hope that you saw to it that the bastard no longer drew breath. Or, if not you, another."

Jeremi already had this world to worry about. The LAST thing he needed was to learn that Riku was still alive. Certainly, that psychopath would be a greater danger to the worlds than even this supposed "World-Eater". ...He still had suspicions that the World-Eater was Ansem, for all that he kept them quiet. But, this supposition was neither here, nor there. Irrelevant to the current goings-on.

...As the young man continued, however, he couldn't help but smile. Powerful AND confident. A mighty combination. ...Perhaps...

"Etzolix. You strike me as a man who knows how to get things done. If you mean to be in this world for some time, perhaps I could convince you to aid me? You would, of course, be compensated well for your trouble."

Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on October 5th 2013, 2:06 pm

"Riku," he said, looking back at the times he wish he could've fought him. He wasn't ready to die the first time they met but when he had come to attack The Empire stronghold Riku was busy taking out the lessers as Forte held Etzolix off. "The cunt." He finished, showing his dislike for the King and making it obvious that there wasn't more to say aside that. He wasn't wronged by him but there was a competition that Etzolix had in his head.

"I'm listening." The serpent replied, wondering what it was that Jeremi had wanted out of him. He usually wasn't one to offer free labor but he did need to see more of this man's potential considering where he came from. He could eventually be a pawn in the worlds, even if indirect, and could help whatever side needed it most. It was better to swallow whatever pride he had, like he always did, and investigate this topic further.

A habitual flick of the tongue would signify nothing. It was a habit that he had grown into and it happened about every three seconds or so in order for him to keep aware of his surroundings. If there was any trouble he would be sure to keep track of it. After all, how did he know that this man wasn't planning to dispose of him because of the power he held? The skeptic never trusted without cause.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremi on October 22nd 2013, 6:01 am

(I really am sorry this took so long. Been a weird couple weeks. Took me a while to figure out how I wanted to handle this, with the conversion hitting...)

Good, interest! That would work well in his favor.

"Well, you see-"

Unfortunately,he would get no chance to continue. From various points along the horizon, great pillars of light shot up, eight in total. As they did, a black mist seemed to recoil up from the origin points, before smashing back against them, as though Shadow was doing battle against Light. The earth beneath the feet of these two men, in the dense forest, shuddered softly, as the mist seemed to coalesce around a single pillar.

"...What? ...That's the Imperial City! What in the worlds!?"

The mist condensed down into the form of a massive black knight, armed with a bastard sword, aiming to cleave right through the Imperial City. It would never get the chance to strike; the remaining seven pillars tilted, crashing down on the black knight, as the lone standing pillar began cycling through the colors of light, shining brighter than the sun. Flashing faster than the human eye could keep pace with, it fell on the knight as well, the whole mass of energy exploding all at once, a bright red blast wave emanating out from the epicenter, with speed and presence enough to cover the whole of the world. There was no time to think. Only act. All at once, Jeremi was upon Etzolix, armored bulk making a, doubtless, vain attempt to shield the young man from any harm the blast wave might have.

...For Etzolix, at least, as the wave washed over them, there was no pain. No discomfort. Not even the brightness of the energy wave would harm his eyes, the whole of the world appearing, for a moment, to simply be and endless expanse of white. Not entirely unlike the Realm of Nothingness. Though that is all he would be able to see, he would hear and feel much. Rushing wind. The sound of shattering chains. Somewhere, a child's scream. Some manner of sand pouring onto him. A body collapsing away, the weight off his shoulders.

...And, as fast as the event started, it stopped. ...Though, those magically keen, like Etzolix, would note that their position in space had not changed, the landscape around them had, drastically. Where they once were in a dense, lush forest, now, the landscape was a gently rolling plains. The forest they had presumably been in was far, far to the south, just barely visible at the horizon. Equally as distant was the Imperial City, shining in the midday in all its alabaster glory. And, before him, in the road, was Jeremi, flat on his back. ...Though, he appeared DRASTICALLY different.

The armor and shield he wore were no more, presumably transformed into the fine, silver sand that covered the road. The simple padded suit worn under armor hung loosely off him, his body having lost a full nine inches of height, and quite a bit of bulk, leaving the underarmor to hang loosely from a frame it was never intended to hang upon. Hair once charcoal was now black as midnight, and, as he sat up, and opened his eyes, the sickly amber of shadows was replaced by a muddy hazel. He groaned in discomfort, all manner of joints popping audibly as he staggered to his feet. ...Instinctively, almost defensively, he tightened the belt on the simple slacks her wore, making certain they'd remain where they belonged.

"...Any idea what just happened? ...Because I can't say that I've experienced that, before."

...He seemed strangely unfazed by his own transformation, instead a bit stunned by the world around him.

Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on October 22nd 2013, 1:29 pm

OOC: If you want to get rid of anymore stuff, you should go here. You still have until the end of October, unless you're fine with whatever you have decided to keep. Just a heads up is all.

I, also, figured we should just end the topic since it's extremely outdated and my character isn't even built like this anymore. It also would just be weird for him to be affected since I gave another plot reason for his change.

IC: Despite Jeremi having been kept at the same point in space, Etzolix had left. He wasn't sure what this was and wasn't likely to let himself die at a cosmic event such as this. He had, fortunately, portalled before he was in harms way.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum