I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover] - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover] - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover] - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover] - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover] - Page 2 Empty Re: One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover]

Post by Shirou on October 1st 2013, 8:14 pm

Normally, the Superior would have silently observed and took notes of the eyes and the ever changing colors. Deduced some sort of hypothesis and then confirm it. But, since this was Renzenku, his best friend, he felt that he could just ask. He didn't have to prove he was smart or observant. It was nice being just curious and giving into that curiosity by asking. Of course, that may not make sense, but only Shirou knew of his logic in that sense.

"I can do that, though by my own control," Shirou said with a grin. His eyes shifted from their usual green color to bright blue. Then, to blood read, black, and back to green. He frowned. "Though, I'm limited to the spectrum of the colors of the elements I control produce. But, luckily, it's still a diverse range of selections."

As Renzenku continued to talk, Shirou looked into his eyes. Though, not in that kind of way. He just continued to look at the colors and how they changed. It was sort of familiar to Shirou, though he wasn't sure how or why. And it was as if with that notion. Shirou's heart ached, as if remembering something long lost. He snapped out of it though. focusing back on the conversation.

"It fits, I mean, you never struck me as a person who enjoyed wealth," Shirou noted, agreeing with Renzenku's claim that giving wealth was fitting for a person such as himself. "It's good to hear that you're going to actually take care of this dump. I personally have no interest in improving the world. Which, I guess, isn't the wisest to say or think, but I'm a busy guy. As long as my world isn't bankrupt or in shambles, I'm doing my job." He laughed. Was he a good world leader? Probably not. At least, not politically or economically. But he believed that concerning his best interests, he did well in the skills that related to them.

"Though, what are you to do with that lion with a head of sand and a body of treasures? Before, it was a secret, but ever since those events concerning the genies, it's become more public, common knowledge. This is a town neighboring a gold mine," he said, a gleam in his eye as he realized something. "Perhaps this shall be the place where funding for my empire will originate. I mean, the worlds are well off now, but what if a war to happen? Considering the forces and personalities in the universe, war is ultimately inevitable. Only a matter of time now."

He shrugged, as if physically shrugging of that notion. He wasn't really worried about war. He was powerful, and he had allies that were powerful as well. Winning war wasn't a problem. But, he couldn't be careless. He had things to plan, to think about, and all that type of stuff.

They reached a pair of large doors. Shirou pushed them opened and saw that they led to a large and spacious throne room. "How about you burn this down," he said with a sneer. "What is the point of having a throne room? Especially of this size? To sit on your ass all day and do nothing? How useless."

Shirou turned around and walked out. "Perhaps if you wanted to gain the favor of the citizens, you should move out of the palace and open it up to the citizens. Perhaps make it some sort of homeless shelter type of place. Or even offer it a place of refuge if you wanted to work on rebuilding or fixing all of the houses in the city."

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover] - Page 2 Empty Re: One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover]

Post by Renzenku on October 1st 2013, 9:39 pm

Renzenku pressed his index finger to his nose and laughed, "That's almost exactly what I had in mind... Well, with maybe some alterations - admittedly I'd totally forgotten about the Cave of Wonders." The Angel waltzed up to the throne, made of its silver and marble and gold, and sneered at it - his irises becoming a muted silver. "I understand the human want to show that they have power with wealth, but people like us... We don't need any of this."

With that the Angle pointed above the throne and a shining, shimmering, and splendid thirty foot tall blade shimmered into existence and dropped onto the symbol of power; shattering it. The giant blade stood stock, its tip buried into the marble ground, and it's hilt towering above Shirou and Ren. The latter of the two walked up to one of the golden chunks that was cleaved closer to the Angel than the others and hefted it up, proffering it to the air between him and the Superior with a look of grim satisfaction. "All this building needs is its kitchens, the throne room for its size, and the bedrooms. The rest of this forsaken hole of wealth I will decimate, and use the vast wealth to repair and restore this broken city to a glorious, bustling metropolis. I will introduce technologies slowly, and advance this place enough for it to matter once more. Hell, this single block of gold could completely repair an entire house in the slums - it's insane."

The future Sultan tossed the chunk of gold to the side, it landed with a thud and skidded across the ground with a screech. "I'll make this place a legacy that holds long after I have to depart. With my temperant knowledge of wealth I shall improve the city, and bargain with the Cave. I am Judgement after all - nothing sentient, or otherwise, can escape my grasp - I will use the Cave as a resource base and expand this city to encompass the vast reaches of the desert by connecting the oasis' that scatter this land with much higher quality life around them."

By the end of his speech the Angel's irises had shifted through a myriad of colors, and by the end held the tones of every shade imaginable - so endless was his desire for change and betterment. Agrabah had been judged needing, and Renzenku was going to give what was needed. "Between me, and you, we can expand your Empire beyond the endless toils of war - we can supersede those who came before us and make these worlds better, and while your interest is power and I assure you I share similar ideologies, I still think it'd be wise to make the places you rule over love us. "

The Angel moved from the glimmering sword he summoned and walked to Shirou, clasping his shoulder in his right hand and smiling. "It's been a long time since hope could be seen in my future."

The sudden plunge on the sullen swell, ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.
One Helluva Year [Part 7 - Hostile Takeover] - Page 2 Renzen10
Renzenku
Renzenku

http://www.destinywars.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on October 5th 2013, 2:30 pm

"There is a choice. I can offer kindness and exercise charity. But at what cost? The cost of a certain power? For a person who seeks to control the universe, some people won't agree. I cannot portray myself as somebody who is fair and kind, or else people will be sorely disappointed once war comes and I choose to fight to get what I want. I am not ruthless. I will not kill just to kill. But I want my point to be made. I am the leader, and these people are my citizens. Cold and distant, yet still involved. Not cruel, but also not sympathetic. And that's all I should ever need to be, as long as I have people like you leading the world more on a personal level. You are a middle man. You connect the citizens to me. You actions reflect me, and the citizens will surely see that. If you are kind to them, it is because I allow you to be kind. If you are cruel to them, it is because I allow you to be cruel. And that's how it will be with every world I will eventually conquer," Shirou said. "So, it is your duty to make the people love us. They love you, and as long as we get along, they will love me in return. At least, that is the type of philosophy I choose to believe while pursuing my ambitions."

Shirou had seen enough of the palace. It was annoying to stay within it. So he had walked towards the entrance, ready to get the show on the road. The finale of the grandiose beginning. He stood before the closed doors, waiting for Renzenku.

"This is it," Shirou said. "You ready?" And Shirou was referring to just more than the act they were going to perform. He was talking about the ambitious journey that Shirou had embarked on. It was the most ambitious thing Shirou had ever wanted in his life. It felt like it was something he could never have reached, yet he was reaching for it. One step at a time. And that was okay. Shirou could be patient. For when he achieved this, he would be at the top. He would be remembered. He would be known. People all over would know his name, and whether they knew it with hatred or love, he didn't care. It was about reputation, and Shirou was finally building his. And along with his reputation, he was building an empire. A legacy. The Superior Society.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on October 5th 2013, 4:30 pm

Renzenku nodded glumly, it made sense that a force of distance had to exerciser somewhere - and Shirou was certainly better suited for such a role than Renzenku was. "I suppose I have to agree that it makes sense to do that. Asides, we both know of the two of us I'm definitely the one who would be the one to show mercy and kindness to strangers who have wronged me..." Ren's eyes flashed a briefly violent red, "Though I suppose given the same situations now I may not be so willing to forgive and forget..." His eyes returned to their subdued storm grey and his grin returned in full; stretching his limbs the Angel touched the blade of the sword, shattering it and having the blades hover over his shoulders; just a little aesthetic badassery that the Judge felt he sorely needed - as he was shirtless, sweating like a hunted pig and beat red in the face from the heat. With a shifty smile Ren walked towards his old friend - "Why Shirou, when have I ever not been ready for adventure?" His eyes blazed a brilliant golden and the irises started to slowly revolve around his pupils - alternating their shades of gold slightly to complete the affect.

The Angel picked up speed until he jogged past the Superior and bashed open the doors, the blades quivering around his body and shoving the door back on its hinges. His wings blowing open behind his back; flaring out and lifting him up and backwards, some twenty odd feet backwards and a few feet up. The overall glorious effect, the noise and light, of the Angel as he pointed a vaguely shattered sword at the man who stood in shadows of the Palace while Ren slowly descended to the ground. "This is not the way we said it would be!" He shouted across the courtyard, his voice carrying throughout the street. "This is not how it should be! These vile beasts should not be the ones to attack and destroy, we need to care!"

The Adjudicator's eyes glittered silver in their golden rotation, amusement could be seen by anyone who really knew the Angel - a restricted emotion that he knew he couldn't let become apparent to any of the citizens he intended to make better of.

---
-75 MP
25 Remaining

Renzenku
Renzenku

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on October 16th 2013, 5:25 pm

Forgiveness.

Was Shirou a forgiving man? It probably seemed like he wasn't, but Shirou didn't think of it like that. He didn't think about forgiving somebody, or holding a grudge against them. What he considered was how it would benefit him, or inconvenience him. Forgiveness, more or less, was meaningless to him. It was a mean of keeping relationships valid and useful to him, but if it didn't benefit in some way, he wouldn't ask for it. Inversely, it was the same way. He wouldn't give forgiveness unless it benefited him in some way.

At least, that was the ideal way of thinking about it. The heart is a tricky thing. It constantly argues with the mind, with beliefs. It will place an irrational value upon loved ones. Where forgiveness is has some sort of importance, outside of benefit and inconvenience. Like many people with a heart, Shirou couldn't completely control the impulses his created and he found himself doing things for the people he cared about, no matter whether or not it benefited him. But, in a way, he supposed that it did benefit him. His heart, at least, was content.

Shirou had come to a conclusion in the past. The heart was a useless object. Nobodies being an example that you don't need a heart. It was a burden. It weighed you down with irrational emotion-fueled impulses. It prevented you from your full potential. So he purged him of the tumor and became the nobody, Caelestis. But his memories had remained, and the shadows of his emotions echoed through the empty void where his heart had been.

He regained his heart sometime after, an event that Shirou had yet to figure out, and he was himself again. To his surprise, he was grateful. Glad he had his heart back. He missed feeling. He missed caring for people, being angry towards people. So he relished in his second chance. And he found a balance. A balance between his heart and his mind. Satisfy both.

Shirou snapped his fingers. More Dusks appeared. More and more. All over. The numbers continued to build. Many surrounded the entrance of the palace, as if to accentuate the presence. All of the citizens had been herded here, as if cattle, stuck in the courtyard.

Amusingly, Renzenku stripped and burst out the doors, into the courtyard. He yelled as Shirou to withdraw his nobodies, shards of metal pointed at him. Before walking into the sunlight, Shirou's smirk fell. His face became an expressionless, cold mask. he drew no weapons, to show that he was still the guy in charge. He walked out, his hands in his pockets.

"This is how you get things done, Renzenku," Shirou said. Although didn't shout, his words would echo throughout the courtyard. "This world is a mess. Filled with rats. To purge the mess, we must trap the rats."

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on October 16th 2013, 6:14 pm

Anger fueled the Angel's winged, they seemed to burn with intent to destroy and ravage. Someone was being wronged and it wasn't okay; he was here to protect and serve, that's what he wanted to look like. "These people aren't your rats! They're human beings and they need someone to look over them when they're down! They're independant, and in sore need of funds from a greater power! I can provide that, withdraw your animals Superior! I shouldn't have to tell you again what I think of this strategy."

Nearing the end of his sentence Renzenku advanced a few steps towards Shirou, the quivering shattered blade breaking apart piece by piece to hover around the Angel - sheathing his wings in their vibrant golden glory. Armour against injustice and wrongs, an Adjudicators right. The amusement still sparkled in the future Sultans eyes, but he figured there was no way anyone would notice it given the Angel's appearance. The man had several of the shards piece themselves into a thin armor wrapped around his torso, and pointed his finger at his old friend. "Begone from this place Lord. I shall have it served and prosperous, with me they will live happy lives and be content with the money I can provide! With you they would be rats, as you say, and there should be no purging!"

The Angel turned his head to survey the crowd, his eyes gleaming bright blue under the scorching sun, "Stand with me! Together we can be ourselves united and gain power and wealth! We can ensure we need not be purged like the rats my superior wishes you to be and do. I can lead you to a prosperous future, just stand by me!"

Renzenku's smirk played at the edges of his lips as he turned to face Shirou once more, a timid sort of holding back kept it from creeping fully into a grin. It would be neigh on impossible to maintain this charade for too much longer - he'd never be able to get into a fight with Shi and not burst out laughing from the circumstance of it all.

Renzenku
Renzenku

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on October 22nd 2013, 11:26 pm

Renzenku furthered his mock tangent against Shirou. Shirou had to resist rolling his eyes. Renzenku was being quite melodramatic, but it was all for the show, Shirou supposed. He considered matching his angelic friend's intensity for a moment, though made sure not to think on it too long as to not appear as though he was off.

"You dare speak to me like that?" Shirou said, sneering. "These people are rodents. And if they are rodents, you are a mere human. And what does that make me? That makes me a God. So watch that blasphemy of yours."

Shirou spread his arms out wide. "You can't even conceive what I have planned. What the bigger picture. This is all just a small piece of what I'm building to. How can you even fathom what end goal?" Shirou was just spitting out bullshit right now. Make it seem more important than what it actually was. It seemed as though he chose to match Renzenku's drama.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on October 22nd 2013, 11:51 pm

Renzenku shifted from foot to foot and brandished his shattered blade to the sky. "I am no mere human! I transcend that, I have the abilities to be a great leader and sovereign! I shall lead these people to riches!" The Angel was also, just spouting bullshit - he was winding down in excitement rapidly from the excess heat and wasn't very happy with his position under the sun. It shone annoyingly into his eyes.

The future Sultan's eyes turned a misty shade of purple and flared with black flames, "You are my superior, that is true, and you can be fearsome, that is true, but you still can't just run around doing this to people. We can advance forwards and help these people! Stand down just this once I can show you the value of being nice to those you rule!"

Renzenku
Renzenku

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on October 22nd 2013, 11:59 pm

"But what is the point, my dear fallen angel?" Shirou inquired. "What is the point of giving ants the time of day? What is the point of making sure every screw in a building is happy? Tell me that." He spun around to face the palace behind him.

"We all comprise of this building. This monstrosity of a building. A building built on strong foundations though under tainted labor, and yet it still stands tall and proud." He held his hand up towards the sky. Energy began to collect in the palm of it. "As long as the foundations are strong, it will stand. It doesn't matter who built them or how they were built. If it is sound, it will survive." The ball of energy shot away from Shirou's palm and collided to the top of the door way. An explosion was created, destroying the front entrance of the palace. "Yet, it can still be destroyed. Rotten or strong foundations, it doesn't matter. There will always be a greater force capable of destroying it. So why bother with the small details?"

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on October 23rd 2013, 12:03 pm

Renzenku cheered loudly whenever Shirou broke down the door, his voice rising above the crowds: "Yes! Break down the Palace! We don't need it! I can use the wealth of this Palace to restore this town! I'm sure everyone agrees!" The commoners gathered around were stunned to silence for a few moments before they cheered as well.

The Adjudicator flared his winged out and shattered the blade he held once again, throwing the pieces up into the air in celebration. "You pinpoint the perfect points my Leader, I will fix these atrocities and the people here shall rally for you! I'm sure we will join you to the ends of the earth! I shall make us all rich and we will be here to aid! Trust me in this idea!" The peasants cheered even louder at the knowledge that they'll be getting richer, and better lives.

Renzenku
Renzenku

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on October 23rd 2013, 5:22 pm

Shirou stood still, his back still facing Renzenku and the rest of the gathered citizens. A certain silence had fallen across the courtyard. Two strange men were fighting over their own safe keeping and land. Both debating over their existence, as if they owned them. What were they thinking? Were they scared? Angry? Perhaps grateful that somebody was sticking up to him. These thoughts ran through Shirou's head. He couldn't see their expressions, so he couldn't know for sure what they were thinking.

"And what is your plan for the world, if I decide to concede? What do you plan on doing with these people that will make them grateful? What worth do you offer, and why is your way the better one?" Shirou asked, his voice clear throughout the whole courtyard.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on October 24th 2013, 9:48 pm

"My plan is to demolish this Palace, sell the gold, obtain the Cavern for myself - sell the treasures within. Spread that wealth among my people, making sure those who do good things are rewarded appropriately. Those who do wrong punished appropriate, benefit the merchants to land grants in distance areas for trade. Become Sovereign and lead this place to a better future. I will make them wealthy, and build up the slums of this place to small mansions. Everyone will gain, no one will lose." Renzenku responded to Shirou with mocked ferocity and highness, a tone indicating that there what Ren thought was right could not be questioned.

However, the Angel's face was still verging on the thinnest of smirks that called to amusement of their situation. It was impossible to not remember that this was all a charade for power and gain - interesting mortal concepts. Goodness brought forth and evil repelled; both judged as necessary in communities so occassionally the inverse. Always judging - universal truths. That was all Ren really cared about; that and having fun.

Renzenku
Renzenku

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on October 28th 2013, 9:58 pm

The slums. This was a place that was known for having a vast and large difference between social classes. If you weren't at one end of the spectrum, you were at the other end. You with either filthy rich or dirt poor. It wasn't like that in Twilight Town. Most people were alright. They weren't struggling, but they weren't exactly comfortable either. As for Shirou, well, being a traveler, he hardly ever had any problems like that. And now that he was a leader of his world, he had no qualms with financial stuff. It was sort of disconcerting. But again, Shirou was drifting in thought.

"Very well, Renzenku. I shall give you this chance, but you best not disappoint me," Shirou said, turning around to Renzenku. Suddenly, a pillar of darkness seemed to explode around Shirou, swirling and escalating high into the sky. A large Corridor of Darkness. A flair for the dramatic. It was time to go back home. Continue the conversation they were having. And finally, another world was under his domain.

"See ya," Shirou said, before the pillar of darkness collapsed around him, engulfing him, and finally, disappearing, with Shirou gone when it cleared. His goal was accomplished.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzenku on October 29th 2013, 2:21 pm

Renzenku nodded and turned to his new people, raising his hands up and calling out to the cheering crowd. "Today is the beginning of a vast wealth of people, all you people raising up in your lives! No more starving, no more slums! I will fix it all!"

And as if in first order of business the Angel swept the gold from the throne into the crowd, letting them grab it as they please, promising more soon. Turning the new Sultan moved to the Palace and began to order the dismantling of it to as many people as he could - leaving the throne room in place for the homeless or downtrodden.

Renzenku
Renzenku

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on October 29th 2013, 2:33 pm

THE PEOPLE WERE LIKE, "YO, THANKS BRUH. LET'S GET $$$$ #YOLOSWAG420". And Renzenku was accepted by the world as their new leader.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2