» Marionette
Magic Re-Training EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Magic Re-Training EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Magic Re-Training EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Magic Re-Training EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Magic Re-Training EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Magic Re-Training

Go down

Opinion?

Magic Re-Training I_vote_lcap67%Magic Re-Training I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Magic Re-Training I_vote_lcap33%Magic Re-Training I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Magic Re-Training Empty Magic Re-Training

Post by Jeremi on August 10th 2013, 3:22 am

This is how I've envisioned the concept. Because I KNOW I'm not the only one to have this problem.

The way the Learning Element is gained gave me an idea, after listening to a couple people in the CB. And, with the Creation Deletion mechanic, this can actually work now.

The idea is this. If you can find someone with the desired element as their Primary or Secondary Element, and undergo an intensive training topic with that person, you can use the result of that Training Topic to alter one of your Elements. (Perhaps create NPCs to train uncommon elements?)

I, personally, like the idea, because I know there are people who would happily take advantage of this mechanic, due to the sort of concept drift that has brought about the Stat Change mechanic being discussed Here. (CLICK ME. THIS IS A LINK.) It gives people more freedom to be creative, and evolve their characters during play, in a more meaningful and profound manner than is currently possible.

What do you guys think? Before, this would have never worked, because of the Creation Locks that would occur by losing Elements. With Creation Deletion in play, now, this is a non-issue.

Opinions GO!

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Magic Re-Training Empty Re: Magic Re-Training

Post by Kenos on August 10th 2013, 10:26 am

Sometimes, I wish I had certain elements, so that I could create awesome spells, but I wouldn't be able to switch out those elements with the ones I already have. I mean, if you look at all my magic stuff, you'll see that I basically only use Nothingness, except for two, which are Light. I only use Darkness in weapons, but those are weapons I can't delete for personal (IC) reasons. I also think that my elements have a lot to do with who my character is.

But if others want to go for it, shoot. Would this be like the Stat Change thing, where each member gets one chance at revision?

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on August 11th 2013, 4:13 am

For the same reason I am not for a stat revamp I am not in support of this measure. It is one thing to have a spell evolve into another spell but altering a character's element suddenly breaking constancy. If there are events like this taking place then the foundation of character experience lose their solidity of character.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian King on August 11th 2013, 4:23 am

Yima, I do wonder, if the majority of members agree to it, would it be worked out or would the answer still be no? This relates mostly to the state change but also to this as well.

Not saying the majority favors this due to only 2 votes.

Magic Re-Training Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Paleo Ansem on August 11th 2013, 12:23 pm

Not for this at all. My reasons will be stated later when more opinions are given that may or may not slightly waver what I'm feeling on this

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 11th 2013, 3:01 pm

I feel this is too easy of a change with nothing warranted to it. I support the stat change because they didn't have the information to know what they were choosing.

Now they do. However, the elements were already listed. If we hadn't listed them then I'd allow for something along these lines but would care more for the ONE time to fix it and that's it. If you fuck up after, whoops.

My reasoning based on the stat change is because we didn't give the information. And essentially. I want to squeeze out all the potential freebees left so that way if anyone has requests afterwards that they actually have to work for it IC.

Tbh, after the stat change the freebee season should be over. Actually, Yima could end the freebee season while denying the stat change and wanting people to just work for it IC.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremi on August 12th 2013, 2:29 am

...I can see I didn't explain this well.

IF this idea were adopted? I CANNOT imagine it would be, by any stretch of the imagination, easy. As concrete as elements are, it'd be no small feat to alter one's Elemental Affinities.

Elemental Retraining would be something you have to put in work for. Something you have to STRUGGLE for. It's by no means a freebie. Not the way I'd like to see it happen, anyway. In terms of actually pulling it off? It'd be as difficult, if not more difficult, than gaining a Keyblade post-charactergen.

I bring it up here because, after a conversation in the CB, I was led to believe that, over time, with concerted effort, a character COULD re-spec their Elements. (I believe we had that discussion, Shirou? But, honestly, my memory's so poor, I can't rightly recall WHO I was talking to.) However, the exact ways and means a character was to accomplish this were left nebulous and ill-defined.

The way I understand this to be, assuming it even exists at all?

It's a process that would have to happen over hundreds upon hundreds of post, dedicated primarily, or entirely, to gaining an understanding of the new Element, while completely forsaking the Element you mean to replace. Due to the nature of Training Topics, this process would all but entirely disable the character from having anything in the way of "plot" during this process. The impression I got is that this is a process that can FAIL, leaving you with an Element that has been neglected into uselessness, and no new power to fill the void.

I proposed this as a conversation point. A means to take (what I'm relatively certain is) a nebulous, ill-defined, and very little known mechanic, and make it a little more concrete. At least, concrete enough for someone with the patience and the desire to attempt with some level of competency.

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down