» Marionette
stat changes  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
stat changes  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
stat changes  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
stat changes  - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
stat changes  - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

stat changes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you like to see this be implemented?

stat changes  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap94%stat changes  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 94% 
[ 17 ]
stat changes  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%stat changes  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

stat changes  - Page 2 Empty Re: stat changes

Post by Etzolix on August 10th 2013, 11:34 pm

The versatility isn't what I'm talking about but the structure of the potential curve.

There will always be 1 more strength than there will be a weakness.
I just don't want any misconceptions of what Azmot is trying to suggest when people discuss it.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on August 11th 2013, 4:22 am

I am not for either of these measures because these break constancy for character development. It doesn't make much sense to me for a character to suddenly change their stats over night or in just one rp simply because they posted x number of posts.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian King on August 11th 2013, 4:26 am

I'd like to add that in some cases it wouldn't break constancy because some characters may have started in one way but developed in an entirely different way for the majority of their time, thus needing a measure like this to make it official. And of course, it was never stated HOW this would be accomplished, just speculation currently so HOW this happens would be between staff if approved of. It is obvious a lot of people want this.

stat changes  - Page 2 Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 11th 2013, 4:27 am

The consistency can easily be explained through "universal changes", the excuse we use to make other changes IC events for OOC changes.

I, however, strongly believe in allowing people to fix their mistakes (this once). My reasoning, is that we hadn't had the stats written out prior and, while it does ruin consistency, we're theoretically punishing members IC for the site not having given them the necessary OOC information to create their character.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremi on August 12th 2013, 2:45 am

Etz has a point.

I mean, I've been a member of the site, more-or-less, since before the Great War. And, until NOW?

I'd always thought there'd been FIVE stats! Strength, Defense, Magic Attack, Magic Defense, and Speed/Agility.

And, here I come to find out that not only are Speed and Agility NOT the same thing here, but, we also have an Accuracy and Stamina stat! THAT was information I would have LOVED to have when I re-rolled after my hiatus.

Granted, my +1 STR, DEF, M.ATK, M. DEF, -2 SPD, AGI build still works with the newly-discovered stats. But, still, I can see how this would have REALLY screwed people over.

As far as a system for making it work ICly? Well, who says ALL the changes have to happen in the same topic? I should think a Training Topic to play with the Stat Balances would work. Similar mechanics to the Learning Elements, save that they can be repeated. As for balance issues, that depends on the trainer.

For example, if you try to boost your Speed? One person might have you learn to exert yourself more strongly. (-Stamina) Or, another trainer might promote a mental approach, making your movements more frantic, less rehearsed. (-Accuracy).

If the idea proves popular enough, and can be balanced, there's a million ways to make it work.

After saying how stealth is a viable component of assassinations...
[04:49:40] Serenae Spate : Fuck stealth. Shoot bitches.

Drakar wrote:We are blades of grass basking in light, our melody of justice shining hard on the darkness. Any shadow we cast we will overwhelm. Any darkness we fuel we will blind. We shall set our path with blood and honor, but not in evil, in justice. Our keys unlock the way of justice.

Zihark wrote:Shriou's Korean? I thought he was Asian.
Jeremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zihark on August 12th 2013, 5:04 am

Yima, I understand your desire for canon consistency, but at this point in time, that is not exactly the way it stands.

The Alliances system would be my number one example. Four out of Five alliances take place out of character. At least as far as information spreading and recruitment are concerned.

The second example would have to be our World Applications feature. Suddenly a character is in charge of one hundred or so citizens? Makes sense.

The third would definitely, be the creations aspect. No only liked/appreciated the "History" section of the template, but I think a small written section or a short RP wouldn't be too much to ask for.

I get where both sides are coming from, but with the current have/have-not system we have, I don't see why a one time stat change would be such a bad idea. I am for the stat change for another critical reason.

The definitions of some stats have changed and have been given more severity. Maxed strength can create craters in stone, but maxed speed is only at 30MPH? (115%) human peak, which is described at 2/3 of endgame.

I have my own ideas about the "One time stat change'.

• Make users describe the degree of advantage/disadvantage that comes with a certain stat.

• Contemplating making stats a completely seperate section in the template, with the 8 or so combat stats lined out, much like with Axis's amazing templates for Character Profiles.

• Maintaining advantages and weaknesses, but also evening that out as well, as opposed to only evening out the combat related strengths and weaknesses.

• Possibly work on a rigorous list of achievements users have to do in order to change their elements, and stats. When I say rigorous, I mean Demon Souls rigorous. No less than a 6-12 month process.

stat changes  - Page 2 ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian King on August 12th 2013, 12:56 pm

Zi, my only question about point 4 is does that include the already-passed 6-12 months? Or would we have to yet again go through another half to full year in order to accomplish this?

stat changes  - Page 2 Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on August 12th 2013, 2:42 pm

He means you would have to start a 6-12 Monty process each time, but if you feel like you've made a good enough example already and this goes through, go with it.

Otherwise, Zihark makes some very compelling points.

NOTE: THIS MESSAGE IS SPONSORED BY DARMA CORP. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on August 12th 2013, 6:43 pm

I do hope you don't mean making the stats into a set of numerical values that can be recorded and set to a score of post counts to be aligned for quick interpretation.

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 12th 2013, 6:49 pm

No one was implying that. If there were numbers used then it was for purpose of making things easier to understand through example.

Regarding the topic, Zihark has a fair point about the canon. Not to mention, as you've said, the canon is completely different on site than in the games. This can be proven by the lack of DreamEaters and Realm of Sleep being implemented.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on August 12th 2013, 7:10 pm

*Add chart to explain stats to new members in proper section. <---Started

*Upgrade speed. <--- To be addressed in another suggestion.

*Allow members to redo their stats based off present information and clarifications now present in the system. <---Conversing now.

*Add chart to explain elements individually for members.  <--- Started.

Did I miss anything?

I have a plan if the redo did occur... that doesn't break cannon. Are you all sure you want that?

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 12th 2013, 7:34 pm

I feel defining elements would restrict them too much. Especially, with all the potential that elements could have and the combos between.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Esgyrn on August 12th 2013, 7:48 pm

Then again there are some elements we don't know the boundaries of. Sometimes I don't know the boundaries of Space and Wind in cases of movement besides what it moves with.
Esgyrn
Esgyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Tamohara on August 12th 2013, 10:15 pm

I now have a question regarding the elements. Would metal include metal on the periodic elements table that is, in its natural state when the metal is highly, highly reactive? The reason why I am asking this is because I have an idea for bombs/mines that involve a metal like lithium and nothingness.

Nothingness Metal Cure
Kira Tamohara
Kira Tamohara

Back to top Go down

Post by Zihark on August 12th 2013, 10:43 pm

It's not only about upgrading speed, its about making all of them equal in usability and severity. A few stats are equal in severity, but for the most part, its easy to tell which are more advantageous.

I do agree with the freebie, but I feel like we should have a more concrete feel for the way the site works before the change is allowed. I believe this should also be a group effort of the stat, and not the job of a single group or user.

stat changes  - Page 2 ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on August 12th 2013, 10:45 pm

Yeah, we should do the freebee once everything on site is decided so it doesn't have to be done again. I, personally, would advocate avoiding the use of numbers for spells and whatnot as well because say there are massive stat changes or whatever in either direction something that is "moderately fast" is still "moderately fast" for the new system instead of things like "25 mph" having to be edited to either be stronger for the mp cost or weakened.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum