I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
Too many teen characters? (discussion) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Too many teen characters? (discussion) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Too many teen characters? (discussion) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Too many teen characters? (discussion) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Too many teen characters? (discussion) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Too many teen characters? (discussion)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Too many teen characters? (discussion) Empty Too many teen characters? (discussion)

Post by Daimon on July 19th 2013, 3:58 pm

Is there too many young characters and not enough older ones? Isn't strange it's children and teens combating in wars instead of adults?
Daimon
Daimon

Back to top Go down

Too many teen characters? (discussion) Empty Re: Too many teen characters? (discussion)

Post by Etzolix on July 19th 2013, 4:02 pm

in a world with magic it's not really all that strange

it could be assumed that most teens don't live to the age of the adult/the adults retire after their fights and/or transcend. i.e yima who doesn't deal with these affairs because he watches for more important things that threaten the entire universe opposed to conflicts that we have.

it could also be the equivalent of the older people just letting us have fun like kids or something idk. random thoughts.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Too many teen characters? (discussion) Empty Re: Too many teen characters? (discussion)

Post by Daimon on July 19th 2013, 4:18 pm

That's true.
I just thought cause in the real world most tactical geniuses in war were old men. I think it would be interesting to see some older characters.

Daimon's Profile
40 MP
Primary:Lightning
Secondary:Fire
Tertiary:Ice
Daimon
Daimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless Artist on July 19th 2013, 4:23 pm

Daimon, Age never mattered in war. if you survived an encounter, and made mistakes, naturally you would fix them, not to mention that, and the fact that there were some very brilliant leaders that were young.

>I noticed this as well, but i didn't mind it that often >.>
Artless Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Balendin8 on July 19th 2013, 4:55 pm

All the main characters of Kingdom Hearts are young. I do not find it odd that a KH site would have a lot of young characters.

My character has pretty much gotten used to the fact of kids run around swinging swords and being generally disrespectful to their elders in this part of the universe.

Sovereign of Beast's Castle in Exile

Max Magic: 110
Elements: Earth, Cure, Fire
Theme Music: Soldiers of the Wasteland

[22:33:21] Zihark : I didn't know lenny died?
[22:33:29] Zihark : how long did he stay after he died
[22:33:47] Etzolix : Uh idk.
[22:33:55] Etzolix : He let himself die cause he wanted to live.
Balendin8
Balendin8

Back to top Go down

Post by Paleo Ansem on July 19th 2013, 4:58 pm

Too many teen characters? On a site that's meant for a video game that's demographic is teens run by teens (and one really OLD GUY) and has teens mostly within its canon story .....well yea you get the point

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on July 19th 2013, 5:09 pm

Uhm... well... my character just *looks* like a teenager to fit in. She's FAR older than that in actuality, if that helps the demographic any...

Not to mention the fact that she still *thinks* like she's in her late 30's... So yeah...

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.
Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 19th 2013, 5:25 pm

Yep, I'm pretty much your Yen Sid at this point xD.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on July 19th 2013, 5:35 pm

*facepalm*  Kingdom Hearts site.  The characters from the original KH game on PS2 were really young.  I believe Sora was only 14 at the time of the first game and 15 at the time of the second...now granted, a majority of their enemies were older men/women, but you catch my drift.

"Do you feel it? The moon's power!" —Saïx during his last battle

"True, we don't have hearts, but we remember what it was like. That's what makes us special." —Saïx

Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t8413-saix-the-luna-diviner-profile#78564

50 MP
Original join date: June 2007
Old post count: 2,800
Saix
Saix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on July 19th 2013, 6:28 pm

I started off as a 13 year old character (body wise like 3 years old mind wise) now all the way grown into a 23 year old form (Mind wise as well). Seeing him grow up kinda makes it more of an experiences to me since I felt it lined up with my own life. I think thats why I chose Len personally to start off young, for that feeling of a beginning.

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimon on July 19th 2013, 6:57 pm

*digs himself in.a hole to hide for asking a dumb.question* i see your points and I understand in KH most of the characters are young. I was.just curious what you all thought about the subject. I was also wondering since All the character's voice actors.have aged will the characters age?

Daimon's Profile
40 MP
Primary:Lightning
Secondary:Fire
Tertiary:Ice
Daimon
Daimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackal on July 19th 2013, 7:15 pm

they do age but the rate of which is unknown

Jackal

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae on July 20th 2013, 7:57 am

Lenneth/Hrist wrote:I started off as a 13 year old character (body wise like 3 years old mind wise) now all the way grown into a 23 year old form (Mind wise as well). Seeing him grow up kinda makes it more of an experiences to me since I felt it lined up with my own life. I think thats why I chose Len personally to start off young, for that feeling of a beginning.  

This. My characters both started in their late teens and have aged as the site progressed. Dream Drop Distance has a point with which we can make sense of why my characters and Lenneth's, for example, age differently. All worlds have their own rate of time progression so unless we were in all the worlds at exactly the same time all the time, we would age differently.

Just my two cents, though kinda unrelated to the original post.

Serenae
Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on July 20th 2013, 10:35 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_use_of_children

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Genesis on July 20th 2013, 2:32 pm

Cool... Why? xD

Just keep two major things in mind when looking at the site.

1) This is a game where the plot is nothing more than based around the adventures of teens. So it makes sense that most people are going to start off young. It is just what has been portrayed in their heads through the experience of the game. Not to mention, there has been some pretty awesome young characters on this site.

2) Most of the now older people of the site (including myself) mostly started from a young age themselves and worked their way up. I started from seventeen and now I'm technically twenty-four with years passed and time skips considered. So really, when you think about it. It's nice to have more young characters coming in. As eventually they are more than likely going to get older just like every cycle of newbies does on this site does.
Beta Genesis
Beta Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on July 20th 2013, 3:19 pm

Well my character was always based off of an 'old man' template. I think it says something like the body of a 20 year old, but in actual years he's like 100 or something. I'm not sure how old Yima's character is supposed to be off-hand, but I'm probably one of the oldest characters. Also not sure how old Ansem claims to be so he could be up there possibly too maybe I'm not sure...

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on July 20th 2013, 8:46 pm

My dude is just bad ass....if we are going age wise hes probs around 22 started him at 18-19 so im thinking 22-23 not sure..hes old enough to drink but not an old man like morpheus and his 10000000012 year old mind

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya on July 21st 2013, 10:23 am

I'm 6

#swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on July 21st 2013, 10:27 am

I'm nineteen and I'm already leading a world, an alliance, and am one of the most influential people on this site.

#glorious

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya on July 21st 2013, 10:28 am

Breasts

#breasts

Back to top Go down

Post by Saix on July 21st 2013, 2:15 pm

Yeah what Anne said..

It doesn't matter the Age of the player, only the strength of their imagination.

"Do you feel it? The moon's power!" —Saïx during his last battle

"True, we don't have hearts, but we remember what it was like. That's what makes us special." —Saïx

Profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t8413-saix-the-luna-diviner-profile#78564

50 MP
Original join date: June 2007
Old post count: 2,800
Saix
Saix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on July 21st 2013, 8:41 pm

If you all think there are too many teen characters I can go on a killing rampage and kill all the teens.

Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 21st 2013, 9:32 pm

Get off my lack of a lawn Biscuits, I'm building a mecha under there, and you only get to ride in it if you try the cookies!

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on July 21st 2013, 10:50 pm

Those cookies probably either have poison or some sort of rufies then you are going to sell me to lenny

Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 22nd 2013, 1:52 am

Don't worry you'll be numb when he is done with you and he totally will make sure yo survive. ; D

My character started out as eighteen so now he would be a little older than 24, been through a lot, and keeps an eye out for the big problems. Due to the circumstances of the worlds as they have progressed through site history it makes sense to me that anyone that could fight and had the will to do it or even just set out would; it would be a way for a young person to have a say in how they lived their life devoid of the more common authority figures until they joined a group (granted that woudl be their choice in some cases).

Last edited by Yima on July 22nd 2013, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next