» Marionette
Canon Rule Change Suggestion! EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Canon Rule Change Suggestion! EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Canon Rule Change Suggestion! EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Canon Rule Change Suggestion! EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Canon Rule Change Suggestion! EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Canon Rule Change Suggestion!

Go down

You're choice?

Canon Rule Change Suggestion! I_vote_lcap81%Canon Rule Change Suggestion! I_vote_rcap 81% 
[ 13 ]
Canon Rule Change Suggestion! I_vote_lcap19%Canon Rule Change Suggestion! I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

Canon Rule Change Suggestion! Empty Canon Rule Change Suggestion!

Post by Vanellope Von Schweetz on July 19th 2013, 5:34 am

Um ok so me and Shirou (the admin) have talked about it and he supports my idea. I think that All Disney / FF characters should be allowed, but restricted on a case by case basis as a problem occurs. Comment below or vote on the poll!
Vanellope Von Schweetz
Vanellope Von Schweetz

Back to top Go down

Canon Rule Change Suggestion! Empty Re: Canon Rule Change Suggestion!

Post by Hikari on July 19th 2013, 5:44 am

I support this simply because there's no real reason not to have them. They were made by the same people so of course they should be allowed. Honestly that's all that I can say about the matter and why I support it, in fact it could be said that'd it be absurd not to have them here.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on July 19th 2013, 6:08 am

Yes. There are so many characters I dream about playing. I know some are banned for good reason, such as Experiment 626/Stitch (Oh, how my heart cries), but why not give Tinkerbell or Pooh Bear a chance to kick ass?

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimon on July 19th 2013, 9:42 am

I agree.  As long as it's Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, or Disney characters.  Why not?

Daimon's Profile
40 MP
Primary:Lightning
Secondary:Fire
Tertiary:Ice
Daimon
Daimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Paleo Ansem on July 19th 2013, 10:31 am

Personally I support this, however only with the Disney side of the coin I'd rather not see a spring of FF character pop up and what not but seeing as people wanting both sides 'meh' why not I guess

As well remember guys over 95% of this site is custom the main reason this rule was never even looked at was due to the fact that most people would rather simply have a custom character rather than one from the game.

Honestly I'm okay no matter which way it goes however I doubt there be a rise of canon charrie's Regardless

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless Artist on July 19th 2013, 1:27 pm

I like the Idea. Zell and other's would be interesting to see here, but i like the disney side of it as well.

Last edited by Artless-Artist Lee on July 19th 2013, 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Artless Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanellope Von Schweetz on July 19th 2013, 3:21 pm

Thanks for your support everyone! i appreciate it!

Space X Ice X Rose/Flower

Vanellope Von Schweetz
Vanellope Von Schweetz

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimon on July 19th 2013, 3:49 pm

Kingdom Hearts did put in characters in The World Ends With Yoh, so couldn't other Square characters be made? Like Dragon Quest?

Daimon's Profile
40 MP
Primary:Lightning
Secondary:Fire
Tertiary:Ice
Daimon
Daimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on July 19th 2013, 3:59 pm

I personally think that including all Square Enix characters would deviate too much from having a Kingdom Hearts Roleplay Forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless Artist on July 19th 2013, 4:27 pm

Well they would have to have a very good reason they were there, Kenos >.>

and who's to say that they aren't putting some in the next KH? i should think that we should allow it in a case by case basis at the very least >.>

Artless Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on July 19th 2013, 5:30 pm

From what I recall when the site was younger the main reason was to curtail any characters appearing to soon in the story depreciating the sense their presence was supposed to make on the exterior cannon (the one that sells games for money) and our interior but enough time has passed for ours to be far enough away from the exterior cannon for this to be reasonable I would think.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 20th 2013, 12:21 am

Bitchin'

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Genesis on July 20th 2013, 2:46 pm

Honestly, I agree with a few others on this case. I believe this rule should only be exempt for Disney characters.

The concept of having Disney characters that did not necessarily make it into the Kingdom Hearts series just makes more sense to me. In the respects that they could help world developments if put to good use. It broadens the cast of the world and gives more options if they should ever need to be used for anything. Such as a plot. As much as some people may not think to seem so. The addition of other Disney characters could prove to be rather beneficial if done right. Not to mention if someone ever got the gull to play a canon again. Extra Disney characters gives more open options for potentially good and strong characters. Assuming one takes the time to equip them properly of course.

However, I do not think the idea of having other FF canons just carelessly roaming around the worlds would necessarily be a good thing. I've seen other sites do this and immediately flop on their backs for it. I've watched it first hand. It might be cool at first having someone like Kuja from FF9 or maybe even Lightning from FF13 wandering around but when I look at it more closely. Unless really done right to integrate them to the theme and story of the site. They just don't fit. I would find it odd, if not annoying for canons from other Final Fantasy series just starting to pop up from all corners of the universe. On top of being annoying, on almost any site I've been on where they have allowed this. There has always been the one or two people that try to make the character abusively strong just because they are in the series they come from. Then they cry and complain for days at a timed that the admins denied half their apps, causing more problems then absolutely necessary. So really. Whenever I have seen a rule like this taken away or not even considered on a themed site. It usually has not resulted in a good end.

Besides that, take a look at the sites community. I honestly believe the site is better off without too many canons running around anyway. Considering that most of us are customs based off of faceclaims of canons anyway. I do believe this site would do better with the regular custom characters it's been producing for years now. It just makes things more interesting in my opinion.

At the end of the day, it's really the staff's decision. If they choose to remove this rule. Then they will hear no complaints from me. Due to the fact, I'm not going to be an asshole about it. I may not like it, but I will respect their choice. If that is what the staff wants for the site. All I can do, is give an opinion.

Last edited by Axis Genesis on July 20th 2013, 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Beta Genesis
Beta Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 20th 2013, 2:54 pm

I forgot I had my own take on this, as well, and Axis brings up good points.

I already dislike it that Disney character can roam worlds, as they are not supposed to travel anywhere but their own world. I find it completely weird if Aladdin decides to up and leave Agrabah and have adventures in Port Royal. However, since this issue is about external, non-canon canon characters, that will be another issue for another day.

Disney canon characters that do not yet exist in the KH universe would have to follow the same rules as other Disney characters already in the universe. Meaning, they are basically their movie-incarnations. So, Vanellope running around with a keyblade probably won't fly.

FF characters not on the site would have to follow the rules, as well. Any FF character in KH is an alternate version, meaning different histories and even appearances/forms/whatever, and they usually originate/exist from Radiant Garden, or Olympus Coliseum.

In my opinion, I think we should get rid of all Disney canons, even the ones that exist in the series, as they are mostly not battle orientated (kind of weird of Aurora ran around with a battle cleaver) and they shouldn't be able to leave their own worlds (or, at least, want to, as Pete left his after being banished and Maleficent left hers because she's power hungry). Final Fantasy characters, however, are alright because they aren't truly FF characters, and they have been shown to be able willing to travel through worlds. Again, this is my opinion.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on July 20th 2013, 3:15 pm

Shirou wrote:I forgot I had my own take on this, as well, and Axis brings up good points.

I already dislike it that Disney character can roam worlds, as they are not supposed to travel anywhere but their own world. I find it completely weird if Aladdin decides to up and leave Agrabah and have adventures in Port Royal. However, since this issue is about external, non-canon canon characters, that will be another issue for another day.

Disney canon characters that do not yet exist in the KH universe would have to follow the same rules as other Disney characters already in the universe. Meaning, they are basically their movie-incarnations. So, Vanellope running around with a keyblade probably won't fly.

FF characters not on the site would have to follow the rules, as well. Any FF character in KH is an alternate version, meaning different histories and even appearances/forms/whatever, and they usually originate/exist from Radiant Garden, or Olympus Coliseum.

In my opinion, I think we should get rid of all Disney canons, even the ones that exist in the series, as they are mostly not battle orientated (kind of weird of Aurora ran around with a battle cleaver) and they shouldn't be able to leave their own worlds (or, at least, want to, as Pete left his after being banished and Maleficent left hers because she's power hungry). Final Fantasy characters, however, are alright because they aren't truly FF characters, and they have been shown to be able willing to travel through worlds. Again, this is my opinion.

I actually agree with this.

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanellope Von Schweetz on July 20th 2013, 4:48 pm

Well um Shirou, though I can see why some Canon characters can specifically be a problem, Aurora couldn't run around with a battle cleaver - the point of being Canon means that you follow what that canon would do, and if you break character, it's over time and with reasonable progression. However, with the part about Vanellope having a Keyblade, I agree and disagree with it. On one side, yes, she isn't battle-oriented and that is stated within her profile. However, she is also a KH alternate version, and also a 'Disney Princess'. One of the perks of being a Disney Princess is that she has a heart of Light, and since this is a KH alternate version of Vanellope, it is not too far of a stretch for her to attain a Keyblade, even if she doesn't plan on fighting. But I dunno really, its kinda up to the collective site anyway.

But thanks for voting, regardless!

Vanellope Von Schweetz
Vanellope Von Schweetz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Genesis on July 20th 2013, 7:13 pm

Vanellope, I call the bullcrap on this right away. I'm sorry.

In Kingdom Hearts there is only 7 "established" Disney Princesses. Which were the 7 Princess of Heart. Forgive me for saying. But the idea of you harnessing the same potential as them is kind of a far stretch. Don't get me wrong. I see what you were trying to establish here. It could be a solid story too. If done right. However, it just mind boggles me that you would try to integrate yourself into KH lore like that when there is really only suppose to be 7 true Disney Princesses in the KH universe. Regardless of your back story and the fact that the character you play was in fact a "Princess"  in her own world. I just find it ridiculous. I personally believe your character would not count considering she comes from a world that is not technically valid. Even though you could come up with a roundabout excuse to include it in your story.

And yes, I know the site is way past the point of regular Kingdom Hearts lore and storyline. I just believe that this is one of the given rules that the 7 Princess of Disney should remain a solid piece of unchangeable information. There shouldn't be an exception to characters from other worlds being able to slip into that well known part of Kingdom Hearts history. I'm sorry. But I just disagree with it so much. You can still consider yourself a former "Princess" from your own world. But please stay out of the established Disney Princess lineup that has been set up by the game series itself.

*grumbles* -_-;
Beta Genesis
Beta Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanellope Von Schweetz on July 20th 2013, 7:26 pm

Um it seems that there are many Disney Princesses in the Disney Kingdom, obviously, and saying that there can only be seven seem closed minded. The thing is that we are far enough from the established Canon, as Yima said, that that kinda stuff can be skewed to fit our personal site. Even though that the original 7 princesses were the original 7 Light's and stuff, there's nothing saying that Disney Princesses from other Series coming in couldn't hold the same promise or something. I dunno, it just seems like if we're gonna have a site canon, that it be site canon and not completely based on the series that we are so different from at this point. Another thing is that like the Universe is changing and stuff, Site Wise, and things like more Disney Princesses and alternate forms of Canon's (as in, another Riku Joining, for example) and stuff like that is understandable.

Vanellope Von Schweetz
Vanellope Von Schweetz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Genesis on July 20th 2013, 7:50 pm

Again, Van, your not getting what I'm saying...

I'm not saying the site needs to maintain direct connection to the canon line that exists already. I just meant there are certain little parts of canon information that should remain unchanged. This princess ordeal being one of them. I'm not shunning or shutting down the idea of other princesses being able to obtain the power of the original seven. But at the moment, it's not been considered possible from what I remember of the series. Square Enix never established whether the other so called "Princesses" outside of the original seven could do such things. I'm not saying they can't ever be able to do it. Just not right now. There's not enough evidence to support the idea. Regardless of the out of story atmosphere of this site.

On that note I was more so referring to the fact there are only 7 true established princesses in the KINGDOM HEARTS SERIES. I was not in anyway referring to the actually canonality of the Disney franchise which has many different princesses. The Disney Princesses and the KINGDOM HEARTS princesses are two different groups of canons. So you making me seem like a closed minded jerk is you misinterpreting my information. Just saying. I was talking about the Kingdom Hearts based princesses. Keep the Disney franchised canon separate please. In this game universe there are only 7 TRUE PRINCESSES, there are HOWEVER other princesses in the KH universe that are royalty to their worlds ONLY.
Beta Genesis
Beta Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Paleo Ansem on July 20th 2013, 8:31 pm

OKKAAAAAYYY that was needed shut up and stop ruining the topic more opinions now please

Paleo Ansem

Back to top Go down

Post by Jet Enduro on July 20th 2013, 8:35 pm

Right here we go

Do Not Limit Peoples Imaginations

If people wanna be non combat PCs let them....
If they wanna be battle centered let them.

Either than that no point in removing character/ canons who wanna focus on something So yeah Keep the non combatant canons and sure allow other ones but remember one thing

If they are a cannon from another series....Change it and and have them fit the KH series...such as I did.

Chicken: How do you Hear silence you dumb bitch?
Jet Enduro
Jet Enduro

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on July 20th 2013, 8:38 pm

Jet has a very good point. I support/agree/etc... with it. /leaves

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless Artist on July 20th 2013, 8:41 pm

I agree with Jet's Idea also.
Artless Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Beta Genesis on July 20th 2013, 8:51 pm

Balls to that Jet (Translation: I agree)
Beta Genesis
Beta Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on July 20th 2013, 9:48 pm

I am personally indifferent.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down