» Marionette
Mastery Exam EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Mastery Exam EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Mastery Exam EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Mastery Exam EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Mastery Exam EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Mastery Exam

Go down

Mastery Exam Empty Mastery Exam

Post by Adrian King on June 23rd 2013, 10:05 pm

Whether it be to claim the title as a Master Magician or Master Warrior or, of course, Master Keybearer, we need some sort of standard test like a Dive, but it isn't a dive. One example of this would be a series of trials like in BBS. Like something simple, then maybe a battle between two keybearers, whether it be master versus candidate or two candidates going at it. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Keybladers: [list[
[*]First, the keyblader must pass whatever custom trial the master bestows upon the candidate.
[*]Second, the keyblader must enter a sparring match with a fellow candidate or said master.
[*]Third, the keyblader must enter a dive and prove complete dominance with light
[*]A second battle will ensue, this will always be against the master. In the first match, if there were 2 or more candidates, each would fight until one remains in a set of matches.[/list]

The test would prove who the true master is, but sooner or later the others may redo the test. 

Warrior-types:

• First, a sparring match between fellow candidates or master, like in the keyblader trials.
  • Second, an adventure to prove the versatility of the warrior.
  • Custom endurance tests the master may make up.
  • A final fight between master and candidate.

Magic-users:

• First, the mage will demonstrate the peak of their ability.
  • Second, after regaining their MP, the mage must utilize their ability to the best extent, how they must do it is up to the master.
  • A magic-flinging battle ensues between candidates
  • The master v. candidate battle
  • A grand battle between the mage and a choice of a keyblade master, warrior master, or a NPC boss within certain limits. 

So the basics of these tests is to demonstrate and utilize abilities, the keyblader test dependent on light and dark, the warrior dependent on their specific style of fighting, and the magic-users dependent on their type of magic and how they utilize it.

I know it is kind of vague, but this would provide more accomplishment with the title of master in your specific field. Plus this may provide more RP-story options for rivals and the like and may be more of a progression milestone in terms of story and relationships. I mean, we have masters already but it'd make sense for them to work for it. Because if they were a master, they'd be able to fulfill the tests. Now I emphasize on difficulty. The difficulty, of course, would be up to the master leading these events but it is stressed that it should be high since the title of "Master" should not be taken lightly. That means you KNOW what you're doing, you got it. It means you made this YOUR style. This is how you do things and you do it DAMN well. As good as a master.

Mastery Exam Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Mastery Exam Empty Re: Mastery Exam

Post by Hikari on June 23rd 2013, 10:10 pm

I believe the Mark of Mastery exam, if altered from being simple posts, would come in the DDD update.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on June 23rd 2013, 11:10 pm

There's no point in adding "master" status to different types of people. It would just create a hierarchy and a "I'm better than you" system.

The Mark of Mastery, though canon, probably won't actually be a test, because it's only achieving a status. You don't get anything special from being a Keyblade Master, only the ability to teach people how to wield a Keyblade.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian King on June 23rd 2013, 11:36 pm

I thought it be a nice bit of character-plot-development. I mean, I guess we could already do that when the time comes as a plot device if we wanted. But like you said, it'd only be achieving it.

Mastery Exam Diothr11
I can haz Omens?
Adrian King
Adrian King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down