» Marionette
Another Extra  - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Another Extra  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Another Extra  - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Another Extra  - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Another Extra  - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Another Extra

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you think the transferring of posts is fair?

Another Extra  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap58%Another Extra  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]
Another Extra  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Another Extra  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Another Extra  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Another Extra  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 12

Another Extra  - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Extra

Post by Shirou on June 25th 2013, 1:16 pm

The transferring of Partner Characters to Extras would, by default, get the amount of posts required for their MP. For example, if a partner character has 100MP, they would get 1000 posts.

The alternative, if you feel as though you deserve more, if you can find and prove that your character has x amount of posts, you can have that amount instead.

I've created a poll, so you can either anonymously vote, or you can voice your opinions by posting.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on June 26th 2013, 4:13 pm

I only have one issue with this, which I realized after making a couple of RP posts. I do a lot of interactions between my main character and my partner character...It's a bit more difficult to do this if they're on separate accounts. I'm not saying it's not possible; it's just that I don't believe I can achieve the same level of coherency between them and their dialogue and interactions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on June 26th 2013, 4:24 pm

If your partner isn't going to be focus for combat it can always be an NPC. However, I'd understand if you didn't want that.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasturi on June 27th 2013, 3:16 am

I think the current system is working just fine. And that if a partner character would be made into extra character, its only fair to provide proof links at how many posts the partner character was in, and if too lazy to do at least that then the character can start back from zero posts.

Otherwise the partner character can be kept just as partner character. This should give ample freedom of choices to fit everyone's needs.

:/

Kasturi
Kasturi

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on June 27th 2013, 9:32 am

Kasturi wrote:I think the current system is working just fine. And that if a partner character would be made into extra character, its only fair to provide proof links at how many posts the partner character was in, and if too lazy to do at least that then the character can start back from zero posts.

Otherwise the partner character can be kept just as partner character. This should give ample freedom of choices to fit everyone's needs.

:/

Best sense I've heard all day. Fit everyone's needs...

http://www.snsclan.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on June 27th 2013, 12:08 pm

As it has been pointed out, the current system is not working just fine. Partner characters get post whether or not they are being used. As Etz said, his partner character maxed out and he barely used him. With the addition of another extra character, somebody would could have six characters, which is too much. I feel as though, overall, the partner character system is obsolete. 

Also, "The transferring of Partner Characters to Extras would, by default, get the amount of posts required for their MP. For example, if a partner character has 100MP, they would get 1000 posts.

The alternative, if you feel as though you deserve more, if you can find and prove that your character has x amount of posts, you can have that amount instead."

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on June 27th 2013, 4:48 pm

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Mine is that regardless if Etzolix used his partner or not, they were never designed to be super powerful anyway. So it doesn't matter if Etzolix's partner is "maxed out." It doesn't change much except that the character can get a few more spells wow. One post you guys are saying that post count doesn't translate to strength, etc etc. Then the next post you complain that your character has "too many posts" and is maxed out. Pick a side and stay there.

If you leave it the way it is, then you want have to worry about 6 characters per account. I really really REALLY hated Zexion, but I will always love the one user one account rule.

If people want to be more creative and have a different character then kill off the one they got. I mean why does anyone need another character? Let alone TWO extra characters? It's pointless, uneventful, tacky, unprofessional, and overall full of shit bricks shoved up a midget's ass...

The Partner Character system may be obselete, and if so, then very well. But the Extra Character idea is just barbaric. So we have to get approvals, elements, only canons from the game, etc etc everything by the book from the game and universe world. But then we come out of left field with extra characters that are intended to be completely independent from the your Main? I mean hell that's the weird thing to me. If you look at it that way, the partner system makes MUCH more sense because it's like having an actual "party system" from the game when your partner character is with you. In this sense, the party members are never actually as powerful as the main (Sora). Which is how it was setup initially. So something that is near model perfect from the ACTUAL game is obsolete, but something coming completely out of nowhere is fine? Makes perfect sense...my bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on June 27th 2013, 5:54 pm

It's not the matter of if it's canon at this point, to my understanding, it's about what is fair. The 'Extra Character' system is completely OOC, so comparing it to the canon is actually completely irrelevant. The only thing that we are looking at is the brokenness of a partner system and how to alleviate it's absence if it is taken away. For the purposes of your points, Morph; Extra characters aren't related to the game at all. Or is it?

Riku could be considered an 'Extra' Character in CoM, because he's not the original character you got in the game, even if he was a part of the story or 'Canon', so that argument is obsolete. But the fact is that the point of an Extra character is that someone could handle another character completely unrelated to the main, and the points you made don't accurately represent an actual downside to the system other than your dislike for it. The fact that a character 'comes out of left field' seems just like words to say, in my opinion, as it shouldn't matter to you because Extras are treated like completely new members (to almost all extents), and you wouldn't be opposed to say, a new member joining, I would guess. Whoever controls the character doesn't involve or affect you, so it doesn't make sense why you think the system should be changed other than the fact that you don't like it, which seems unfair to the other members to the site who do like it. All in all, the system works and it doesn't negatively affect anyone on the site more than a new member joining would.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by MorpheusZero on June 27th 2013, 7:57 pm

You're view depicts a perfect world.

"Extras are treated like completely new members (to almost all extents)"

"Whoever controls the character doesn't involve or affect you, so it doesn't make sense why you think the system should be changed other than the fact that you don't like it, which seems unfair to the other members to the site who do like it. All in all, the system works and it doesn't negatively affect anyone on the site more than a new member joining would."

That is just a sad excuse to try and justify something that you DO like. We do NOT live in a perfect world and certainly not a perfect site. OF COURSE people who control extra characters are SUPPOSED to act like completely different members. Will it happen that flawlessly? You should know better than that. Maybe when you get out of Middle School you'll see the world doesn't stop turning just because you ask it to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on June 27th 2013, 8:07 pm

A good discussion at the start, and now it seems like it's just going to deteriorate into an unneeded argument.

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content