» Marionette
Chatbox Suggestion EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Chatbox Suggestion EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Chatbox Suggestion EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Chatbox Suggestion EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Chatbox Suggestion EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Chatbox Suggestion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chatbox Suggestion Empty Chatbox Suggestion

Post by Azmot on June 3rd 2013, 12:19 am

The chatbox seems to be a hearth of a lot of drama and dispute on the site, and also takes away some privacy and anonymity that comes from being an online body. I suggest that for a short amount of while we completely remove it to prevent melodrama and attempt to create a better feel of privacy on the site. If the implemented system is not liked, we can switch it back.

Leave comments below.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Chatbox Suggestion Empty Re: Chatbox Suggestion

Post by Etzolix on June 3rd 2013, 12:21 am

to hades with the cube of discussion

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Zihark on June 3rd 2013, 12:25 am

I feel like with the tight community we already have, users would just use other means of communication.

I'm for it though.

Chatbox Suggestion ZiSig
+100 posts
Zihark
Zihark

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on June 3rd 2013, 12:29 am

the point is to utilize the other means of communication. or so i believe.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by St. Elmo on June 3rd 2013, 12:42 am

I think it would be wise. More often than not, people let OOC happenings effect their character's actions. I believe this would eliminate that, or at least lessen it to an extent.

[14:48:36] Cool : Sorry for being a bitch earlier guys
St. Elmo
St. Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on June 3rd 2013, 1:00 am

i am not 4 this. u r a but, assmot.

But anyways, yeah, we should have a trial run. See if it helps the site, or hurts it, or doesn't do anything.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikari on June 3rd 2013, 4:49 am

Guess I have to be that guy.

Personally I'm against this. I'm fine with it if it's temporary and it isn't an extreme amount of time however if we're planning on considering taking it away permanently I'm going to have to go against this. Unlike most people I don't have a Skype so I can't use that as other means, using the chat room for short discussions which would probably get the topic locked is a stupid idea, and this only leaves me with PMs to use to communicate OOC wise with you guys. There's probably a few more people with the same issues I have with this and whether they support it, disapprove of it, or even just don't care enough to post here I can say it would block us from making simple conversation while every single other person chats over Skype while sipping tea.

As for the OOC response Jack it's a clever point but I can only think of a few, maybe even simply one person, who actually does that.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless Artist on June 3rd 2013, 6:26 am

Like stated Above, i don't have Skype, although i can use the inbox somewhat. im for it temporarily, and lets see how it works ^^
Artless Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander on June 3rd 2013, 9:12 am

Prohibition bred organized crime. Removing the chatbox will do the same. I don't need that. Besides, if you did remove it, members would simply find another place to chat, and a lot of site exist because of the community. A chat room is nice, but a chat box is convenient and I don't know for sure how people would respond to that-- I don't even think they know how they'd respond. I log into the chat box basically every morning, and its kind of the only reason I'm on site most days.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora on June 3rd 2013, 9:16 am

I'm kinda failing to see what's wrong with finding other chat rooms. I'm up for a trial run.
Sora
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi on June 3rd 2013, 9:30 am

I'm against this mainly because the chatbox serves as a meeting place for a lot of people, myself included.

Etzolix wrote:[19:52:18 10/09/13] @ Etzolix : I LOVE DICK
[19:52:19 10/09/13] @ Etzolix : wait FUCK.

Kia wrote:[19:15:02] Kia : What do you expect Cool?
[19:15:11] Kia : We are SAIKOUS after all.

Yima (Talking about The site) wrote:As for the place I perceive it as a zombie; it's never truly dead xD.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by St. Elmo on June 3rd 2013, 1:20 pm

I don't like changing my mind, but I was thinking, and I spend a lot of time on the chat box. When I'm bored or waiting on something, I just pop in and say, 'Hi.' When it's gone, what would I do with that time? Randomly PMing someone because you're bored is awkward. So, yeah. I think it should stay. ._.

St. Elmo
St. Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless Artist on June 3rd 2013, 1:28 pm

Due to recent Events, I am changing my mind. I notice some people might need the chatbox to keep up to date, as well as the fact (that would pointed out by Alex) that one could 'whore' post counts making the user more powerful without due experience to show for it...not only that, while yes you COULD chop off the drama at the bud, but it would only add to the drama.
Artless Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on June 3rd 2013, 1:42 pm

The chatbox, for all of its ups and downs, keeps the site a community. It lets you get to know people with no obligation on your part to do anything but join the conversation. You make friends in the chatbox. I mean, sure, you can do that in PMs, but you have to first create a conversation, specifically pick somebody to talk to, and risk not hitting it off, which all seems kind of daunting for a newbie. The chatbox allows a newbie to just join a conversation, and make friends.

The chatbox sometimes causes some drama, and things that happen in the chatbox effect IC decisions. Like, for example, finding somebody annoying in the chatbox and deciding to kill their character because of that. It sucks, and it can cause tension and drama, and it can perpetuate events IC, and it can become quite bothersome. But, at the same time, having OOC things affect IC things isn't always that bad. Friendships are made that can get transferred IC. Character progression is planned out or inspired. Without the chatbox, the zombie event wouldn't be happening right now.

Without the chatbox, a few people will certainly feel disconnected from the site, especially since we don't allow random, spammy topics. It shouldn't be the member's obligation to go out and actively keep up all of their idle conversations through many PMs or off-site chatrooms. That should be available on site, easy to use and find. I feel as though getting rid of the chatbox will hurt the site's morale, and even cause some people to go inactive.

The chatbox isn't always good, but it also isn't always bad. I've have good times in the chatbox, and I've had bad times in the chatbox. But, if we consider looking at the chatbox last year, when it was arguably at i's worst, to now, it's easy to say it could be a lot worse. And the site has been more actively lately, which is in part due to summer starting, and in part due to the chatbox. There will always be drama, in some shape or form. And if there is less drama, that means there will be less activity. If we absolutely don't want any drama, we should just shut down the site completely.

Is lessening the drama on the site worth getting rid of the chatbox? Is it worth having some members fall inactive, and possibly lose the interest of new members?

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on June 3rd 2013, 2:02 pm

Drama is one of the worst reasons to get rid of it. I dislike it for the same reason I dislike all social media: it prevents productivity. That's just me. I also dislike how people get too friendly and because of that I feel nothing dramatic has really happened on the site that isn't some forced event. The closeness prevents a lot of growth ic in negative aspects such as being legitimate enemies or killing someone

Edit: I understand if other people like the friendliness to each their own.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless Artist on June 3rd 2013, 2:24 pm

to help Etz a bit, storm, i would think there are certain rules to killing someone. however, you could beat them to an inch of their life. i have to quit posting on here, im filling up my Post Count -.-*
Artless Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Azmot on June 3rd 2013, 2:27 pm

Just for reference, there is no rules against killing someone; you can kill anyone without permission.
Azmot
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by St. Elmo on June 3rd 2013, 2:29 pm

I plan on killing people. No one is safe.

...No one. *Evil laughter.*

In all seriousness, if I pick out a target, I'll generally kill them, regardless of chatbox interactions. Generally.

St. Elmo
St. Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on June 3rd 2013, 2:47 pm

People who think like that won't make it far on the site, Storm. Who wants to RP with people like that? Although it would make things more interesting if there was people like that and then people who actively opposed them.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on June 3rd 2013, 3:36 pm

And the sky is blue. This doesn't detract from the fact that no one is going to want to RP with an asshole.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next