I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
The Elder Scrolls Online ~Cool's Corner~ EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
The Elder Scrolls Online ~Cool's Corner~ EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
The Elder Scrolls Online ~Cool's Corner~ EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
The Elder Scrolls Online ~Cool's Corner~ EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
The Elder Scrolls Online ~Cool's Corner~ EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

The Elder Scrolls Online ~Cool's Corner~

Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online ~Cool's Corner~ Empty The Elder Scrolls Online ~Cool's Corner~

Post by Hikari on May 7th 2013, 6:13 pm

Good day to you gentlemen and gentlewomen, welcome to Cool's Corner. Before I begin I'd like to explain what Cool's Corner is. If you don't know what Cool's Corner it's basically my way of talking about games that are usually upcoming and new. I don't really talk about the ones I've played so it's more of an early opinion then a full fledged review. Also it should be noted that if you haven't played any previous games in the franchise you'll probably be confused at what I'm saying. If so don't worry, the game will explain all of these things to you and you won't need to know the lore of the universe to understand what's going on. Now that we're done with that short summary let's get on with the topic for today shall we?

Today I'd like to talk you about a game known as The Elder Scrolls Online. Now you probably knew I'd talk about this for either two reasons, either A you know I'm a huge fan of Skyrim or B you just read the title...Probably was the later of the two possibilities. Anyways The Elder Scrolls is a series near and dear to my heart so when I heard a new one was coming out I literally acted as though I had just hit the lottery. The Elder Scrolls Online is a multiplayer experience set in the universe of, you guessed it, The Elder Scrolls. The plot involves you having your soul stolen from the Daedric Prince, Molag Bal, who is attempting to pull the entire continent of Tamriel into his realm of Coldharbour. In a quest to get it back our brave hero sets out, seeking what is rightfully his. While this is all happening though you may realize that you might be a soldier. This is where things get even worse for Tamriel. Currently a war of three alliances rages on, all seeking control over Tamriel! Let's take a look into these alliances shall we?

~Ebonheart Pact~

The Ebonheart Pact was the most unlikely of all the alliances to be formed. The Ebonheart Pact was born on a day when the Akavir charged into battle against Skyrim. On that day Jorunn walked the seven thousand steps of High Hrothgar and approached the Greybeards, seeking guidance. Answering his request they summoned Wulfharth the Ash-King to inspire the Nords. Inspired by this the Nords were ready. The Akavir were not foolish however and retreated to Morrowind, hoping the Nords would not chase after them. However their hopes were not answered and the invaders were caught between the Dark Elves and Nords! The reptile folk of Black Marsh, the Argonians, also joined in on the fight, the three prevailing in the end. This was unlikely due to heavy amounts of conflict between all of the cultures in the past, often resulting in large wars and battles being fought between them. However regardless of that nobody can deny that on that day, an alliance was born.

Aldmeri Dominion

In later years also coming to be known as the Thalmor, not many of the races of men have a high opinion of the Aldmeri Dominion. Believing them to be superior to the other races the Altmer stepped up with their allies the Bosmer and Khajiit. The alliance themselves say they have no hatred for men but instead are fighting because the men lack wisdom. They also are fighting to reclaim the White Gold Tower which was built by mer, the alliance believing they have the right to own it. Not only that but Queen Ayrenn suffered personally at the hands of the King of Worms, one of the Empire's many allies making this personal as well.

Daggerfall Covenant

Chaos. That is the reason the Daggerfall Covenant has joined the war. Due to the weak Empire the economy is torn to bits and a large amount of panic has swept across Tamriel itself. The Daggerfall Covenant are here to come in, stop the Empire, and restore order so trade may prosper once more. They are led by High King Emeric and the people who have joined their cause are the Orcs, the Bretons, and the Redguards.

Since I don't want this to be too long I'll make a short summary of the rest. The gameplay is just like the games before, from what I've seen mostly Skyrim. It is currently unknown if you may use an Xbox controller with it. As this has happened before the games such as Morrowind or Oblivion you'll see many things from the most recent three games in new ways unlike before. For example ancient ruins you saw in those games you could visit and they'd look brand new as this is during the Second Era.

Honestly that's about all I wish to cover for now. Feel free to post your thoughts below and perhaps who you support. If you say anything but the Ebonheart Pact I'll murder you in cold blood.

"Playing hero gets you nowhere if you aren't ready to act."

Kingdom Hearts RPG Moderator
Resident Asshole
Hikari
Hikari

Back to top Go down